Puppies are hung from ceiling fans every time...

Options
Walpurga - Dreamweaver
Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Archer
(Stealing from wizard and BM thread)

Every time an archer adds vit

Every time an archer adds extra STR for claws while under level 85

Every time an archer skillspams in pve, when not trying to hold back aggro

Every time an archer uses poison/serrated arrow in pve for things other than chi gain

Every time stormrage eagaleon is used for purposes other than procreation

Every time an archer barrages a single target

Every time an archer claims that one needs a tank for BH59/79/89 when there's an archer and a cleric in squad

IDK

personal perceptions b:bye
Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
Post edited by Walpurga - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Every time an archer uses poison/serrated arrow in pve for things other than chi gain

Serrated has (albeit limited) use against phys immune mobs like the memoirs in Lunar while metal skills are on cd. It's better than wasting a normal shot and only doing blazing damage.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    yea

still only like 20K max DoT before resists though, assuming a G16 ish bow, spread over 9 sec too.

EDIT: I'm sage though, so I'm okay with sage frost arrow, which is kind of a nerfed shadow of a bad version of gush but still decent filler between metal skills
    Channels

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Every time an Archer steals something from humans. *cough* LEAPS *cough*
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    We leap sideways, we actually leap

you BMs kind of stop, raise your arms and float forwards/backwards. Wizards teleport like mages in most games. b:cute

We were supposed to be a kiting class btw X>X

Why do we not have leaps at level 29
    Channels

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    We leap sideways, we actually leap

you BMs kind of stop, raise your arms and float forwards/backwards. Wizards teleport like mages in most games. b:cute

We were supposed to be a kiting class btw X>X

Why do we not have leaps at level 29

Because you're already choc full of anti stun at end game. Give me back my leaps :( Or give me something of yours. b:cute
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Take a bite of this stealth b:cute

Nothing beats sudden HF from thin air
    Channels

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Take a bite of this stealth b:cute

Nothing beats sudden HF from thin air

Absolute Domain does b:cry
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    You forgot to add:

"Every time someone in crappy gear claims that an archer is too OP and needs to be nerfed."

"Every time someone claims that purge is the most OP proc to have on a weapon."
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Because you're already choc full of anti stun at end game. Give me back my leaps :( Or give me something of yours. b:cute

... Dafuq? Archers are anti stun ridden at endgame?

What about all 5 caster classes at end game?

...everytime someone claims archers are anti stun ridden.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    ... Dafuq? Archers are anti stun ridden at endgame?

What about all 5 caster classes at end game?

...everytime someone claims archers are anti stun ridden.

You have more anti stuns than I do mister. Of the classes without Purify Spell you're anti stun plagued sir! Give me one, k?
  • cactusmann
    cactusmann Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Archers stole stealth and claws.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Every time an Archer steals something from humans. *cough* LEAPS *cough*

To add insult to injury BM leaps are 16m, Archers get a 20m leap so you really can't even match them. Not to mention the annoying airborne glitch at the end that I think BMs get worst, where you are technically "falling" from an inch above the ground and it takes 3 seconds to land so you can't use skills while falling.

Stealth: Sins get their level of stealth +10, then have a second skill to get 20 levels more of stealth. They also have a second skill that gives them Stealth +11 levels. Only the second skill can be used while in combat mode, their main stealth skill cannot. Archer get +31 stealth levels and can use it when in combat.

...everytime an archer attacks mobs while the Barb/BM/Seeker is trying to start a pull. Double puppy score if the cleric stays back to heal the archer instead of following the tank.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Badonkajonck - Archosaur
    Badonkajonck - Archosaur Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    (Stealing from wizard and BM thread)

Every time an archer adds vit

Every time an archer adds extra STR for claws while under level 85

Every time an archer skillspams in pve, when not trying to hold back aggro

Every time stormrage eagaleon is used for purposes other than procreation

Every time an archer barrages a single target

Every time an archer claims that one needs a tank for BH59/79/89 when there's an archer and a cleric in squad

IDK

personal perceptions b:bye

I disagree with your personal perception.
    I use to be a hybrid early levels for claws ( Never used em but liked the survivability and use to have around 50 vit to)
    I barrage the boss in TT runs when we use to trio it because it gave out more damage. (I did not mind the waste of arrows and herbs)
    I also liked eagaleon because it looks pretty.
    I'm a Forest Eating Hippo.

Currently working in Secret Forrest Location on Arch.

Current Equipment:pwcalc.com/3290bcd3841dc936<-- Buffed
    (Tips/advice always welcomed)
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I barrage the boss in TT runs when we use to trio it because it gave out more damage. (I did not mind the waste of arrows and herbs)

Your highest DPS on a single target would be a spark macro + auto attacks. Even with a crossbow.

Barraging a single target has never been more damage than that just using that chi to spark.

To add to the list:

Every time an archer stats mag for white wings.
    Every time an archer stats mag because it will "make lightning skills do more dmg"
    Every time an archer uses magic rings (outside of Seal of Eternal solitude) for anything but refining for mdef (and even then half of them are doing it wrong).
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I must point out that Sage Stormrage actually has a pretty sweet debuff on it. Besides that, it is just a novelty skill.

Also, hello archer forum.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • opkossy
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Also stormrage is useful in NW as a way to slow flag carriers who are using antistuns.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Every time an archer (or any physical class, really) puts high-grade magic shards into their weapons.
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Stealth: Sins get their level of stealth +10, then have a second skill to get 20 levels more of stealth. They also have a second skill that gives them Stealth +11 levels. Only the second skill can be used while in combat mode, their main stealth skill cannot. Archer get +31 stealth levels and can use it when in combat.

So... your complaint is that our stealth gives us the same amount of stealth levels as a sin's force stealth? Shadow Escape (+11) + Cat-Like Tread (+20) = +31 stealth levels.

Remember, even then our movement is restricted to leaps while in stealth.
    105-103-102

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Everytime someone claims that purge is the worst proc to have on a weapon.
    Good luck killing any end game characters while they're full buffed.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options

Must be nice to have unrestricted movement. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Everytime someone claims that purge is the worst proc to have on a weapon.
    Good luck killing any end game characters while they're full buffed.

Fully buffed endgame archers can be killed without purge by most other classes.

Your rebuttal?
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Fully buffed endgame archers can be killed without purge by most other classes.

Your rebuttal?

No they can't. Where are you getting that claim from?
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Options
    No they can't. Where are you getting that claim from?

... It happens all the time.

Sure, I only have 14k HP. But when I can get oneshot, with full buffs, by a zerk crit from a +5 unbuffed r9r3 seeker? There's a balancing issue there.

And it's not just seekers. I'm pretty sure the only three classes I've never been oneshot through full buffs by are venos, clerics, and mystics. And that's likely only because there aren't very many of those in endgame gear to go around on our server.
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    ... It happens all the time.

Sure, I only have 14k HP. But when I can get oneshot, with full buffs, by a zerk crit from a +5 unbuffed r9r3 seeker? There's a balancing issue there.

And it's not just seekers. I'm pretty sure the only three classes I've never been oneshot through full buffs by are venos, clerics, and mystics. And that's likely only because there aren't very many of those in endgame gear to go around on our server.

He said full buffed end game archers.
    Unfortunately, your experience does not really apply here. Sorry. I have not heard of any end game archer getting 1 shot through full buffs. Or at least not in any cases where the archer gets 1 shot while all other classes live.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Options
    He said full buffed end game archers.
    Unfortunately, your experience does not really apply here. Sorry.

I'm so sorry that there's such a big difference between +8 armor vs +5 wep and +12 armor vs +12 wep. I can guarantee you the archer still gets oneshot, because I've seen it happen. Many times. There are two full +12 JOSD archers on our server... and I've seen both get oneshot on more than one occasion through full buffs.
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'm so sorry that there's such a big difference between +8 armor vs +5 wep and +12 armor vs +12 wep. I can guarantee you the archer still gets oneshot, because I've seen it happen. Many times. There are two full +12 JOSD archers on our server... and I've seen both get oneshot on more than one occasion through full buffs.

Out of curiosity whom are 1shotting those two? I can see seekers 1shotting them, I remember how hard Crelor`s seeker hit my barb, was something absurd with R9+5 wep. Some wizzies can prolly do it too, I know how stupid high N3 wizzies hit me with their debuffs.

Ps. I agree on mystics/venos, those dont seem to hit that hard these days but some clerics on our server hit pretty absurd numbers, dont think they could 1shot our top geared archers though.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Out of curiosity whom are 1shotting those two? I can see seekers 1shotting them, I remember how hard Crelor`s seeker hit my barb, was something absurd with R9+5 wep. Some wizzies can prolly do it too, I know how stupid high N3 wizzies hit me with their debuffs.

Ps. I agree on mystics/venos, those dont seem to hit that hard these days but some clerics on our server hit pretty absurd numbers, dont think they could 1shot our top geared archers though.

Arix, Omes, Authentic, off the top of my head. I know Xhalf_pintX and Taxi have both come close, but I don't think either actually got a oneshot. Finalizer came kind of close with a 21k zerk crit.

(For those not on archosaur, that's: seeker, seeker, wizard, sin, barb, and seeker, respectively)
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options

The survival of +8 armor and +12 with full josd is vastly different. You say that based on your experience, you see +12 josd archers get 1 shot. However, I claim that based on my experience, +12 josd archers cannot get 1 shot. Therefore, we won't get anywhere without some calculations or proofs.

So I will pull out an effective Hp calculator for this.

Let us use an end game archer:
    http://pwcalc.com/af48a9aba540751a
    This gives the archer an effective hp of 480,829 against physical damage and 438,730 against magic damage.

Alternatively, the archer can use a physical defense necklace:
    http://pwcalc.com/44c7d2674ffda7c2
    This gives the archer an effective hp of 603,639 against physical damage and 365,497 against magic damage.

First, lets compare this stat to every other class out there.
    I will link the PWCalc, and their Effective HP against physical damage, then magical damage

BM - 943,827; 453,890
    Wizard - 565,305; 435,505
    Cleric - 416,689; 421,084
    Barb - 970,647; 466,516
    Veno - 433,040; 450,439
    Assassin - 480,122; 438,084
    Psychic - 431,563; 437,482
    Mystic - 547,340; 436,115
    Seeker - 1,250,571; 601,405

*Note, for the HA and AA classes, I used the same armor for all of them, but I changed the stats to match their actual armor's stats. Reason is because I'm too lazy to reequip everything for each class. The stats are almost the same anyway.

If you are unfamiliar, Effective HP represents the amount of base damage an enemy must deal to kill you. That is, the damage they must deal straight out without any reduction or amplification. What this means is that any two builds with the same effective HP will survive equally well against 1 shots or charm bypasses. Anything that will 1 shot a build with X effective HP will also 1 shot another build that also has X effective hp, even if the two build belongs to different class and may have different defense and HP altogether.

As you can see from this analysis, archer's defense really is not that low. It is actually very similar to most classes out there. In fact, the only class with stats off the chart is the seeker reaching 1.2m in effective hp against physical damage. What this implies is that saying an archer will get 1 shot while other classes will not get 1 shot does not make sense. Since the effective hp of most classes are similar, anything that will 1 shot an archer will also 1 shot other classes. Since we can agree that most classes do not get 1 shot, we must also agree that archers also do not get 1 shot based on these numbers.

If this is still unconvincing, we can also calculate base damage output for every class. I will use the hardest hitting skill for all cases.
    Using the above pwcalcs (With fixed weapons):

BM - 125,532
    Wizard - 117,794
    Archer - 98,730
    Cleric - 117,554
    Barb - 286,144
    Veno - 99,222
    Assassin - 110,728
    Psychic - 107,870
    Mystic - 89,011
    Seeker - 138,716

Now just to clarify, these are base damage without amplify or debuffs. The reason is, debuffs and amplifies lower your effective hp. This means that for classes with similar effective hp, the debuffs would lower the effective hp by roughly the same amount. So once again, anything that will 1 shot an archer, will also 1 shot other classes.

As you can see, non of these classes do high enough base damage to 1 shot an archer. That is, none of the base damage is greater than the archer's effective hp.

With this, I conclude that a full buffed end game archer will not get 1 shot under normal conditions. If they do get 1 shot, then most other classes will suffer the same fate. Getting 1 shot is not exclusive to archers. Also, considering the damage i listed above are maximum damages, killing an archer through full buffs is also not an easy task.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Hard, but easier than an invoked barb, Seeker with def sword crapping def levels, caster with purify making it damn impossible to stack enough debuffs, sin with focused mind and BM with demon bell + marrow + higher base HP to begin with
    Channels

• Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Hard, but easier than an invoked barb, Seeker with def sword crapping def levels, caster with purify making it damn impossible to stack enough debuffs, sin with focused mind and BM with demon bell + marrow + higher base HP to begin with

And psy w/ white voodoo.

Not to mention...

Your bm is running around -not- in magic marrow? What? Equalizing that alone (and adding +44 str and changing the bm's level to 105, since you neglected to do that on the BM while doing it on the archer) gave me 794012 effective HP against phys and 838806 effective HP against mag. I didn't bother with the calc for the rest, but:

Missing at least one self-buff: BM
    Missing demon buffs: Wizard, Cleric
    Missing buffs entirely: Psychic
    Not level 105: BM, Assassin, Seeker
    Using Matchless Wings instead of Heaven Ravager (what?): Wizard, Cleric, Veno, Psychic, Mystic
    Gear not max stats: Wizard, Cleric, Veno, Psychic, Mystic
    Gear missing +44 from engravings: Everything except archer

At least equalize the calcs if you're going to do a comparison like this.

Additionally, you claim that only seekers have "off the charts" effective HP, and only with phys. I'd like to point out that the -one- class where I actually fixed the discrepancies in the calc (BM) had 794102 / 838806 effective HP once I corrected it. The archer, when I ran the calc, had 533283 / 486591. That's a 49% / 72% higher effective HP for the BM than the archer - nowhere near equal. A screenshot, if you must: http://i.imgur.com/Hx0EHY7.png. That's archer on the left, BM on the right.
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]