Happy Valley Coin Missing

Options
Jacerai - Dreamweaver
Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Quality Corner
The coin rewards in all of Happy Valley (Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta) are missing.

This has been going on since, I believe, the Sirens of War update. The "mushrooms" (small easily one-hit mobs that spawn between waves) now only drop pots and (sometimes) shards.

These coin rewards are very helpful and the thread where people have been pushing for it's return is here: Bring Back the Coin In Delta?
b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
Post edited by Jacerai - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    The coin rewards in all of Happy Valley (Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta) are missing.

This has been going on since, I believe, the Sirens of War update. The "mushrooms" (small easily one-hit mobs that spawn between waves) now only drop pots and (sometimes) shards.

These coin rewards are very helpful and the thread where people have been pushing for it's return is here: Bring Back the Coin In Delta?

We'll take a look. Jacerai, can you get me the official names for the mushroom monsters?
    I have a feeling that they were deliberately changed because PW Beijing had botters farming them. I might be able to look through my notes to confirm for you quickly with their names.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I believe they are called God's Bestowal.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    i want those back as well.. but u gonna have those nabs that leave squad town tele and steal the drops for themselves
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
  • Antigone - Momaganon
    Antigone - Momaganon Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Rly? Sry but is it rly WORTH to farm that thing? It's nice money, ya, but botting it or leaving a squad for it? I don't see the point here :o you gain way more and faster money with other ways than this...so ya, bring it back even if I hate "Happy Valley"^^
  • WaterVixen - Harshlands
    WaterVixen - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Well, from doing as many GV's as I have, one coin drop split 6 ways each got well over 150-200k coins......without a squad, one could make about a mill in one single coin drop if not more + the shards aswell. There were people on Harshlands who have scammed them aswell. It'd be nice if the coin was intermingled within the quest line per wave (increasing as each wave progresses) then no one can scam the moolah b:victory
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Well, from doing as many GV's as I have, one coin drop split 6 ways each got well over 150-200k coins......without a squad, one could make about a mill in one single coin drop if not more + the shards aswell. There were people on Harshlands who have scammed them aswell. It'd be nice if the coin was intermingled within the quest line per wave (increasing as each wave progresses) then no one can scam the moolah b:victory

This. I like this idea.

• Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Which mobs we talking here the ones in the quest area or the ones that appear as you finish a wave. Who would bot ws just for the wave mobs, sounds like they might be botting the others in the quest are, sounds fishy to me
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Which mobs we talking here the ones in the quest area or the ones that appear as you finish a wave. Who would bot ws just for the wave mobs, sounds like they might be botting the others in the quest are, sounds fishy to me

I cannot see how you could bot a GV (or WS as you said), but the mobs we're talking about are the ones that appear after you finish a wave.

• Salari - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I cannot see how you could bot a GV (or WS as you said), but the mobs we're talking about are the ones that appear after you finish a wave.
    yes i meant GV, was thinking of 2 different things at the time. i just find the botting gv just odd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LeafDance - Lost City
    LeafDance - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

Yes, this would be a great alternative. Especially for a full gv, where you have to spend a lot of time to complete, a coin reward is only fair! b:pleased
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Hi gang. The devs confirmed that the change to remove coins from these mobs was made intentionally to prevent abusive behavior. We apologize for not being transparent with the change when it occurred.

The devs are not in agreement that adding a coin reward would benefit the game, and given that they have recently (and continue to) added new coin-reward events, they don't consider this a priority.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    genotypist wrote: »
    Hi gang. The devs confirmed that the change to remove coins from these mobs was made intentionally to prevent abusive behavior. We apologize for not being transparent with the change when it occurred.

The devs are not in agreement that adding a coin reward would benefit the game, and given that they have recently (and continue to) added new coin-reward events, they don't consider this a priority.

I think they removed the reward from the wrong mob. There are 2 different sets of mushrooms in that instance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

The thing is, new coin-reward events have nothing to do with it. RB is not the easiest instance to begin with, and takes a great deal of time, and currently does not have a lot going for it to draw people into doing it. The coin drop helped cover repair cost and made people more willing to run it, but now that's been taken away. If you can't bring it back, they should add something to replace it, perhaps in the boss quests so that people can't take advantage.

However, I fail to see how the coins could ever be a problem in there, to be honest. You have to kill a whole wave before the mushroom spawns, and if someone is willing to kill that wave, even with his or her own 6 chars, he deserves the money. It's not like you can just set up a botting program in there. You have to be there, physically, and it takes over two hours to complete the whole thing. How much of a problem could this be? There are way easier ways to get money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    The thing is, new coin-reward events have nothing to do with it. RB is not the easiest instance to begin with, and takes a great deal of time, and currently does not have a lot going for it to draw people into doing it. The coin drop helped cover repair cost and made people more willing to run it, but now that's been taken away. If you can't bring it back, they should add something to replace it, perhaps in the boss quests so that people can't take advantage.

However, I fail to see how the coins could ever be a problem in there, to be honest. You have to kill a whole wave before the mushroom spawns, and if someone is willing to kill that wave, even with his or her own 6 chars, he deserves the money. It's not like you can just set up a botting program in there. You have to be there, physically, and it takes over two hours to complete the whole thing. How much of a problem could this be? There are way easier ways to get money.

Well heres the thing. Save the last boss, you can pretty much slap a charm on two toons and go afk other than to rebuff. So I can see it getting abused.

However, they could be inferring someone found some other exploit we are not aware of and had to remove the coins (think gooning).

I used to love RB. Made some money (not much) and repairs, charm ticks, pots, etc were paid for. Now it's just a money losing chore. I've been there 3? times since the change for odd BHs when I was bored, and two cultis. I used to go whenever I had a spare 1-2 hours and someone needed a culti or just wanted tome frags or even just because. Now though, there is much better avenues for coin, experience, and fun in the game. I can't justify losing money in a 1-2 hour long marathon unless Im damn good friends with someone who needs it for culti.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Well heres the thing. Save the last boss, you can pretty much slap a charm on two toons and go afk other than to rebuff.
    This alone would probably nullify any benefit the coins would provide, even if you somehow managed to do a full RB on just two characters. IIRC, the coin drop from God's Bestowal mobs averaged about 500, maybe 550k (I only ever got 80-95k split from them, at any rate). Eight or nine waves of that would give you maybe 5.5mil. Buying new charms for those characters would cost you almost as much if not more, and even if you calculate by percentage of charm used (which is still probably pretty large), there are faster ways to make coins.

Also: WTB video of two characters duo'ing full RB.
    genotypist wrote:

This honest response is very much appreciated.

Would the devs be open to adding some alternative extra drop(s) in place of the coins? They have an awful habit of stapling new content onto the game and pretending that it makes up for abuses they've done to the old content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    This alone would probably nullify any benefit the coins would provide, even if you somehow managed to do a full RB on just two characters. IIRC, the coin drop from God's Bestowal mobs averaged about 500, maybe 550k (I only ever got 80-95k split from them, at any rate). Eight or nine waves of that would give you maybe 5.5mil. Buying new charms for those characters would cost you almost as much if not more, and even if you calculate by percentage of charm used (which is still probably pretty large), there are faster ways to make coins.

Also: WTB video of two characters duo'ing full RB.

Not at aura - doesn't cost much charm ticks once mag aura is up.

I have zero words for you if you haven't seen people pretty much afk (Save wave 3, and the last waves with stunners) throughout RB with DB or Vortex up.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I can't justify losing money in a 1-2 hour long marathon unless Im damn good friends with someone who needs it for culti.

That is exactly why this is a big issue. They already killed off Nirvana, and we really don't need stupid changes like this killing off the other PvE instances. You can't take away a reason for running an instance and then expect people to still run it. Frags and pages are a chance issue in RB so without the money as a backup to cover costs, nobody wants to run it anymore.

And if people want to multi it for two hours to get themselves a few million, who cares? They could make more multiclienting those characters in TT for far less time (and hassle, since you only need 4 chars to open and it is easy for a lot of people to solo). Will they be removing the drops from TT next?

If this is a case of some **** that someone discovered to get all of the mushrooms without completing RB or something, then FIX IT. Put the money into the boss quests instead. Just stop just taking stuff away from us as a solution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    It might possibly have been a reaction to people dropping squad and TPing back to take all the mushroom drops (which wouldn't really have been an issue if people did normal rather than spawn point, as you'd be getting the mushrooms between waves.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
    edited April 2013
    Options
    It might possibly have been a reaction to people dropping squad and TPing back to take all the mushroom drops (which wouldn't really have been an issue if people did normal rather than spawn point, as you'd be getting the mushrooms between waves.)

I didn't ever really find that an issue anyway. Sure, it is annoying, and I made a note not to squad with the thieves again... but it really only happened in BHs and it's not like you miss out on a whole lot there. Where the money really counts is in full runs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I agree that taking without giving back seems to be one of PWI Dev's biggest flaws. Adding new content does NOT, and I repeat does not make up for taking money drops, reducing item prices, etc. All that does is make us angry, and when we get angry, we quit or stop giving PWI money. Nobody wants that to happen.

Following what the Devs think is right, obviously isn't working too well for PWI, so why not take a hint and look to your customers for your solutions? Many of us aren't trollish enough to say stupid answers, and would rather do the game justice by providing well thought out quality answers.

These issues make me wonder if the devs ever played this game, if they make there own standard toons and play as the rest of us do, without the GM console, without any added benefit of being an employee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    just a thought..forget the mushrooms leave as is...and make it after every wave we get coin like we did for the mushroom...but like we do tomes and chest.

seriously hate delta...i do bhs and i help with other guildies cultis but i don't like it lolb:chuckle
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Blutregen - Lost City
    Blutregen - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    only give coins for later waves because coinrewards from earlier ones could be easily abused f.e. by multiclienting...
  • Labells - Dreamweaver
    Labells - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

Have we had any further word from the Dev's since Geno's last message on this issue?

I know the Dev's code this stuff but do they actually ever bother to jump on a server and see the impact their decisions are having on the community?

Have the Dev's actually tried Delta with a regularly geared squad, I'm not talking GM geared full squad but the good gear, the bad gear and the just plain ugly gear you have to deal with when trying to get a faction member through Delta and teach them what their supposed to be doing through an entire culti to see how expensive it is if your the one being beaten to a pulp?

Even Barb's feel sorry for my repair bill when we walk out of a full warsong, and it takes me a few days to refarm the coin I spent on repair - when you have a mass of ppl in faction all needing Delta makes for an empty coin purse or people that don't understand why they have to wait so long for their Culti run.

and why does the whole community get punished for percieved abusers of this dungeon?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I know the Dev's code this stuff but do they actually ever bother to jump on a server and see the impact their decisions are having on the community?

The Dev's are in China, don't really care about our **** version, and I'm almost certain half of them have never actually played the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    LOLOLOL **** version b:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I swear, if the gave a rats ***, they wouldn't make so many damn mistakes when updating our servers. I mean seriously. Stuff like PvP in SP could have been fixed in 5 minutes and a restart. Not several freaking months.

It's kinda like the way GM always looked at Saturn, or the way Mercedes dealers threat Smarts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Honestly, what needs to happen is that someone buys a majority of the PWRD stock shares, enough to take over the damn company. It's actually my personal goal to do so, and tell ya what. I'll get things done.

First on my list would be to get localized Developers here, and let this version choose whether or not they want China's updates, along with Beta Testing of all updates. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • littlemage
    littlemage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    We'll take a look. Jacerai, can you get me the official names for the mushroom monsters?
    I have a feeling that they were deliberately changed because PW Beijing had botters farming them. I might be able to look through my notes to confirm for you quickly with their names.

the coins from GV have been taken out ages ago by GMs... i am all in for putting them back tho... was a nice way to repair bills when u were done...