New Veno/Barb Form Bugs

Options

Comments

• Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    Kiszmet - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Major facedesk at your post. I'm glad I don't have to run into you on my server.

My face @ your post

Another stupid one.

Ok I'll note it for you so it's extremely easy to understand.

●Resurrect (Sage)
    Protects the target and provides resurrection after death.
    Protection lasts for 30 minutes. EXP loss is reduced by
    88% and they recover 50% of their HP.

EXP loss is reduced by 95%.

○Resurrect (Demon)
    Protects the target and provides resurrection after death.
    Protection lasts for 30 minutes. EXP loss is reduced by
    88%
    and they recover 50% of their HP.

Recovers 100% HP upon reviving.

Mass Resurrection (Morai, any culti)
    Casts an enchantment on all party members within 15 meters,
    providing them protection from death for 30 minutes.
    The EXP loss of revived party members is reduced by 95%.
    HP and MP of revived party members is recovered by 50%.

As you can see a DEMON mystic with mass rez can use the same skill as a SAGE mystic for 95% xp reduction making it the same sort of situation as barbs right now, so yes it does compare. I don't see any QQ about it, it's accepted.

Sage vs Demon, some skills are going to be better for one cultivation path than another. Demon barbs still have very nice skill perks and combos. Stop whining because the other kid got candy and you didn't.

Boys and girls, the above argument is what happens when you constantly give yourself head trauma everytime you read something you don't agree with. Facedesk indeed.

The major (and obvious) flaw in the mystic rez argument above is that the demon mystic not only has the OPTION of giving the demon rez to those who don't care about exp, making them better for rezing in combat, but can ALSO use the sage skill AOE if the party prefers. This seems like a boon to demons not a flaw. No wonder they wouldn't QQ about it.

But lets say the demon skill prevented them from using the Moria skill. The benefits of the demon rez would still be there. The balance between the sage buff and demon buff would still be there. Sages would just get an AOE and demons wouldn't. A nuisance to demons yes, but solved with a few more button clicks and patient squad members.

From the sages perspective they don't get to use the demon rez like the demons gets to use theirs. But their own skill is not more or less unbalanced as a result. And since most parties DO care about exp and usually WON'T rez in the middle of combat, the sage rez serves as the superior skill anyway.

With barbs, the problem is quite a bit more complex and is actually the opposite of the mystic rez issue. True form is not just a skill, it is a core mechanic of the class. If you want to bring mystics into it, a proper comparison would be that all sage mystic pets got 20% HP and 20% attack power while demon mystic pets took 10% less damage for 6 seconds after being brought out. Yah... I wonder which side people are going to play. If you throw the other sage barb benefits on top of that (extra armor, extra speed, more percentage of weapon damage) its not hard to see how unbalanced the two forms have become.

To put it simply, yes demon barbs still have their crit bonuses, but they also still suffer all the penalties attributed to their choice. Sage barbs had their penalties taken away and still get all the benefits of their chosen path. To use your example, sage rez now saves 95% of exp AND restores 100% HP. Demon rez still only restores 100% HP. Not only that, they fixed it so that demon mystics could no longer use the Moria skill since it was a copy of the sages. They gave them a version of their skill instead, while the Morai skill got the new sage benefits as well. If you want to continue calling that fair I'll see what your stance is when the new veno pets come out.
  • Cutie_Belle - Sanctuary
    Cutie_Belle - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Boys and girls, the above argument is what happens when you constantly give yourself head trauma everytime you read something you don't agree with. Facedesk indeed.

The major (and obvious) flaw in the mystic rez argument above is that the demon mystic not only has the OPTION of giving the demon rez to those who don't care about exp, making them better for rezing in combat, but can ALSO use the sage skill AOE if the party prefers. This seems like a boon to demons not a flaw. No wonder they wouldn't QQ about it.

But lets say the demon skill prevented them from using the Moria skill. The benefits of the demon rez would still be there. The balance between the sage buff and demon buff would still be there. Sages would just get an AOE and demons wouldn't. A nuisance to demons yes, but solved with a few more button clicks and patient squad members.

From the sages perspective they don't get to use the demon rez like the demons gets to use theirs. But their own skill is not more or less unbalanced as a result. And since most parties DO care about exp and usually WON'T rez in the middle of combat, the sage rez serves as the superior skill anyway.

With barbs, the problem is quite a bit more complex and is actually the opposite of the mystic rez issue. True form is not just a skill, it is a core mechanic of the class. If you want to bring mystics into it, a proper comparison would be that all sage mystic pets got 20% HP and 20% attack power while demon mystic pets took 10% less damage for 6 seconds after being brought out. Yah... I wonder which side people are going to play. If you throw the other sage barb benefits on top of that (extra armor, extra speed, more percentage of weapon damage) its not hard to see how unbalanced the two forms have become.

To put it simply, yes demon barbs still have their crit bonuses, but they also still suffer all the penalties attributed to their choice. Sage barbs had their penalties taken away and still get all the benefits of their chosen path. To use your example, sage rez now saves 95% of exp AND restores 100% HP. Demon rez still only restores 100% HP. Not only that, they fixed it so that demon mystics could no longer use the Moria skill since it was a copy of the sages. They gave them a version of their skill instead, while the Morai skill got the new sage benefits as well. If you want to continue calling that fair I'll see what your stance is when the new veno pets come out.

tl;dr

*hands you candy*
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I thought we were discussing about BARBARIANS.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Trouty - Sanctuary
    Trouty - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    tl;dr

*hands you candy*

Troll alert b:laugh
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    See here:

A little patience, maybe?

Decus: Smart at math. Not smart at people.

This has also been reported as a bug since it ever happened.

This is the only clear cut "theres a bug" thread that has not been responded to...that a lot of people are really pissed about. It also keeps getting buried off the first page.
    tl;dr

*hands you candy*

Go make your own thread, I actually never knew about that with mystics. You're also entirely ignorant of the class balance with Barbarians - you're talking one aspect, were talking 4 that just went out of whack.

You also seem a little too slow to be utilizing that Van and Candy with any success...
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Decus: Smart at math. Not smart at people.

This has also been reported as a bug since it ever happened.

This is the only clear cut "theres a bug" thread that has not been responded to...that a lot of people are really pissed about. It also keeps getting buried off the first page.

You can insult me all you want. Repeatedly asking, within a day, what the status is does nothing for guaranteeing you a response.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    You can insult me all you want. Repeatedly asking, within a day, what the status is does nothing for guaranteeing you a response.

I thought that you would be smart enough to read in between the lines.

We all know that this thread (and other similar thread) has already been read over and over by the PWI team (way more often than the other bugs/glitch thread). The real question is... why are they refraining to post any official response to the issue?

Is it the kind of issue that PWI team has no control because maybe only the team in china have the authority to modify skills/class mechanics? maybe V4 engaging into epic game of arm-wrestling with China that will forever change the pwi-pwcn relationships? maybe they are just hoping that this issue will be ignored and forgotten.

There is a lot of the sage barb don't give damn about it. There is a lot of demon barb who will stick to the choices no matter what. There is also a lot of barbs second-guessing their cultivation decisions. I had plenty of plans to upgrade my demon barb, just can't move forward with any of the plans because it might just be a waste of time, money and effort on upgrading a demon barb. I don't really expect any fix soon. Just want to know pwi's view on how they will deal the matter so that i can move forward or not.

I will continue bumping the thread (and maybe flame people around) on a daily basis (including weekends) coz there is no better options right now.

If you want to stay on the thread, you will get caught in the cross fire. Your choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I thought that you would be smart enough to read in between the lines.

We all know that this thread (and other similar thread) has already been read over and over by the PWI team (way more often than the other bugs/glitch thread). The real question is... why are they refraining to post any official response to the issue?

Is it the kind of issue that PWI team has no control because maybe only the team in china have the authority to modify skills/class mechanics? maybe V4 engaging into epic game of arm-wrestling with China that will forever change the pwi-pwcn relationships? maybe they are just hoping that this issue will be ignored and forgotten.

There is a lot of the sage barb don't give damn about it. There is a lot of demon barb who will stick to the choices no matter what. There is also a lot of barbs second-guessing their cultivation decisions. I had plenty of plans to upgrade my demon barb, just can't move forward with any of the plans because it might just be a waste of time, money and effort on upgrading a demon barb. I don't really expect any fix soon. Just want to know pwi's view on how they will deal the matter so that i can move forward or not.

I will continue bumping the thread (and maybe flame people around) on a daily basis (including weekends) coz there is no better options right now.

If you want to stay on the thread, you will get caught in the cross fire. Your choice.

Apparently not. That's fine though, I've never pretended to be smart.

I didn't imply that the issue is not a valid one, nor do I think that it doesn't merit prompt attention. I agree that it ought to have been given some response. However, I just don't see the point in spamming something, "maybe flaming people around," and being an *** about it when "there are no better options." That's a childish attitude and it's more likely to get your posts/thread deleted. Why don't you get all of those barbs that are second-guessing their cultivation choices to send a ticket? Why not all barbs that feel it affects them send a ticket? It's a sure sight better than three people bumping a four-day-old thread on a weekend in the hopes that a small number of the GM team mentions it and passes it along.

But if taking shots at my character make you feel better, by all means. I'll be here all weekend.
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Apparently not. That's fine though, I've never pretended to be smart.

I didn't imply that the issue is not a valid one, nor do I think that it doesn't merit prompt attention. I agree that it ought to have been given some response. However, I just don't see the point in spamming something, "maybe flaming people around," and being an *** about it when "there are no better options." That's a childish attitude and it's more likely to get your posts/thread deleted. Why don't you get all of those barbs that are second-guessing their cultivation choices to send a ticket? Why not all barbs that feel it affects them send a ticket? It's a sure sight better than three people bumping a four-day-old thread on a weekend in the hopes that a small number of the GM team mentions it and passes it along.

But if taking shots at my character make you feel better, by all means. I'll be here all weekend.

The fundamental mechanism of so-called 'Childish Behaviors' is to get attention from people. It serves the cause if there are more people reading about it and being aware of the issue.

If pwi really care about the community, they would have posted their stance on the issue by now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2013
    Options

Insult =/= observation. Here's some ointment. Also, duh.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Also, duh.

Well, I suppose so long as you are aware of the uselessness of your post, then it's okay to do things in vain? It must be nice to live life as thoughtlessly as you.
    The fundamental mechanism of so-called 'Childish Behaviors' is to get attention from people. It serves the cause if there are more people reading about it and being aware of the issue.

If pwi really care about the community, they would have posted their stance on the issue by now.

I'm surprised at why the rating is so low, then, if so many are clearly upset?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Well, I suppose so long as you are aware of the uselessness of your post, then it's okay to do things in vain? It must be nice to live life as thoughtlessly as you.

I'm surprised at why the rating is so low, then, if so many are clearly upset?

Again, you're not very smart with the peoples.

It's enough of an issue that it deserves to not even be perceived as ignored. Key word is perception. There are a lot of people who want to know sooner than later if they need to be changing their cultis given Demon is now outbalanced and practically obsolete for Barbs given Sage's new extreme advantages.

The rating system is utter **** in terms of actual accountability, and the amount of Sage Barbs/Venos & their friends very happy with the change that don't want to be nerfed are of course going to vote against it.

The amount of players that rarely, if ever complain or give feedback on this kinda stuff should be worth more than any of us fellow mouthbreathers chiming in.

However, if you are unable to see it from the people and perception perspective, well...Ill keep saying you're bad with people.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Again, you're not very smart with the peoples.

It's enough of an issue that it deserves to not even be perceived as ignored. Key word is perception. There are a lot of people who want to know sooner than later if they need to be changing their cultis given Demon is now outbalanced and practically obsolete for Barbs given Sage's new extreme advantages.

The rating system is utter **** in terms of actual accountability, and the amount of Sage Barbs/Venos & their friends very happy with the change that don't want to be nerfed are of course going to vote against it.

The amount of players that rarely, if ever complain or give feedback on this kinda stuff should be worth more than any of us fellow mouthbreathers chiming in.

However, if you are unable to see it from the people and perception perspective, well...Ill keep saying you're bad with people.

So have you and your friends sent in tickets about it as I mentioned in a previous post? Or are you and your other forum pal going to continue spamming this a la FC dragoons glitch? Why not send geno a PM? Why not send Hey, You! a PM? Why not send a PM to every single GM on the forums? Have you done that?

As mentioned in my previous post, I didn't say anything about the validity of the topic nor that it does not deserve a prompt reply. I understand the desire to want to promote something. I do not understand the need to be impatient and demand a reply when none will be given at this very moment in time. After all, that is what I first commented on prior to this meaningless back-and-forth. (As an aside, I realize I'm 'throwing you a bone,' so to speak by continually bumping this thread now. So yay?)

You may perceive me to have poor interpersonal skills, and that's fine if you believe it to be so, but I assure you that I can interact and understand people just fine for how I choose to make a living in this world.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    Options
    So have you and your friends sent in tickets about it as I mentioned in a previous post? Or are you and your other forum pal going to continue spamming this a la FC dragoons glitch? Why not send geno a PM? Why not send Hey, You! a PM? Why not send a PM to every single GM on the forums? Have you done that?

As mentioned in my previous post, I didn't say anything about the validity of the topic nor that it does not deserve a prompt reply. I understand the desire to want to promote something. I do not understand the need to be impatient and demand a reply when none will be given at this very moment in time. After all, that is what I first commented on prior to this meaningless back-and-forth. (As an aside, I realize I'm 'throwing you a bone,' so to speak by continually bumping this thread now. So yay?)

You may perceive me to have poor interpersonal skills, and that's fine if you believe it to be so, but I assure you that I can interact and understand people just fine for how I choose to make a living in this world.

Just a reminder that you are biting at the bone too.

Tickets? Seriously?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Just a reminder that you are biting at the bone too.

Tickets? Seriously?

Right, I forgot. Bumping a thread on the weekend is bound to work! What was I thinking?

I advocated patience. Not to ignore the thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Right, I forgot. Bumping a thread on the weekend is bound to work! What was I thinking?

I advocated patience. Not to ignore the thread.

Patience and impatience is matter of personal judgement. You can afford to wait forever because you have nothing to loose or gain from the response. Not everyone can afford waiting.

Every single day that pwi is doing nothing about it is another day that i'm not really playing my barb coz at this point, there is no reason for upgrading a demon barb anymore. Kinda gives me free time though. And this is me being patient. Once my patience runs out, I would be gone, dragging my friends to come with me to 'the other game'.

On a regular day, I would ignore you because you are not contributing anything to the thread.. but it seems that you are a good dog.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Whoa.

Okay, it's pretty clear there are some strong feelings on this issue. We've been aware of this discrepancy for awhile, but no word yet from our dev team on what they're doing with it. We'll continue requesting for more info. In the meantime, cool your jets and for the Sage barbs out there, I recommend you enjoy your newfound power for (at the very least) the foreseeable future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    genotypist wrote: »
    Whoa.

Okay, it's pretty clear there are some strong feelings on this issue. We've been aware of this discrepancy for awhile, but no word yet from our dev team on what they're doing with it. We'll continue requesting for more info. In the meantime, cool your jets and for the Sage barbs out there, I recommend you enjoy your newfound power for (at the very least) the foreseeable future.

Off on a slight tangent, was there suppose to be another buff skill that these new forms were suppose to have?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    b:victory
    Off on a slight tangent, was there suppose to be another buff skill that these new forms were suppose to have?

Yes, barbs will get some buff that increases defense level by 40, and venos a buff that recovers hp, and immunity to stuns, or paralyze. I think both last for some seconds and cannot be purged.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    b:victory

Yes, barbs will get some buff that increases defense level by 40, and venos a buff that recovers hp, and immunity to stuns, or paralyze. I think both last for some seconds and cannot be purged.

Yea, I know, but I was just wondering if they were confirmed to be coming here, or if the bonus form effects were alternative choices. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Blue__Lycan - Sanctuary
    Blue__Lycan - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    genotypist wrote: »
    Whoa.

Just want to say thanks for the response! We really needed it.
  • ollatodalagente
    ollatodalagente Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    happy with sage new true form just ew panda

all ur hate only means now barb might wish to go sage and not just say demon barb is BEST

tho removing the damage reduction is nothing compared to all the major crith skill add demon have

so once again demon crith a hell lot more wish help add more agro then we sage can do

if you guys remove our damage reduction give sage even more pdef or hp boost

i am pretty sure u dont want that
  • Azura - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Yea, I know, but I was just wondering if they were confirmed to be coming here, or if the bonus form effects were alternative choices. b:surrender

Yeah, they are going to come too, the last mini-expansion was pretty much just a preview of what is coming. They probably threw us that because the next expansion is still a few months away.

I think those skills will come bundled with the reforms to the veno's pet system along with the new cashop battle pets.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I don't know if it's been reported but....

A friend discovered a bug with the new spirit fox form. He learn the new fox form and hadn't leveled his Fox Wallop. He got the sage book a few days ago and when he tried to level up the regular fox wallop in order to learn the sage one it keeps saying "requisite level too low".

Has anyone else encountered this bug?
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Bumping this D:
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I don't know if it's been reported but....

A friend discovered a bug with the new spirit fox form. He learn the new fox form and hadn't leveled his Fox Wallop. He got the sage book a few days ago and when he tried to level up the regular fox wallop in order to learn the sage one it keeps saying "requisite level too low".

Has anyone else encountered this bug?

I wonder if that's related to level 1 foxform being learnable after learning the new foxform.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I wonder if that's related to level 1 foxform being learnable after learning the new foxform.

It is.

For whatever reason the new form "replaces" your old fox form, so the game assumes you haven't learned fox form level 1 and leaves it there for you to relearn.

This is fine and dandy until... anything that directly requires fox form can no longer be leveled. So, in essence, if you don't already have a maxed out fox wallop/purge, you'll find yourself kinda screwed over when you do want to level it.

And while I personally haven't tried relearning fox form, the problem with that is... I don't know if I'd be able to regain the new form or if I'd lose it or if relearning fox would even solve the issue and I have no desire to use myself as the guinea pig to find out. So until it can be tested out most of us aren't going to do it. And even after it is tested spreading word would likely be a slow process (assuming it turns out relearning level 1 fox doesn't break anything but lets you learn your skills again).
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'll ask my friend, I'm pretty sure he tried to relearn fox form lvl1 but couldn't.

This bug kinda sucks though..luckily he already has the most important skills (purge, amp, soul degen etc.) but for those who are not aware of this bug...it's going to be an issue.
  • Azura - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    Options
    They should make an announcement about this until it gets fixed. (The problem Desdi described).
  • Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    Kiszmet - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    This seems to have fallen by the wayside. Unfortunate as many of the issues remain unadressed. I read the response from the GM about the demon barbs but what about the other issues? The heel clacking paws, the broken fox form skill learning, and the lack of form skills that are definitely in the Chinese version of the game. Once again, I understand that Our version =/= Chinese verion, but if your not going to give the bonuses then at least port over the skills. Make the thing worth 3-4 hrs and 5 mil coin / $29 for crying out loud. Eye candy can only make something worth so much.

Is there ANYTHING from Wanmei/PWE about these issues? You said you were communicating with them about it two weeks ago...