Archosaur server & Gold prices

2»

Comments

• bolocactu
    bolocactu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    when or if I come to Arch Imma make the gold prices drop and thats a promiseb:victory
    I might be black
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can that wine be NPCed for a value of 10k per token ?

I am token merchant, and i remember there have been times when the token price went below 10k, even though not much. Lowest i got was probably 9600 buy, 9800 sell. Never was aware i'd be able to sell them for 10k minimal though...

I heard somebody went and NPCd 20k+ Tokens when they went under 10k to protect his own stack of 20k tokens <.<. I tell you, nothing as effing annoying or time consuming than doing that. Didnt clear em all at once but on several smaller portions. In total it took me hours. Oh yeah, haters gonna hate.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    They did that months before packs when they released chest of coins and changed the minimum price of gold to 200k as a result thanks to how hammers work with the chests.

Actually, I think it's possible to sell for 100. Nobody would be crazy enough to do that, but think it's possible. If there is a cap, that's just wrong. I bet a lot of Dev's and GMs would be pissed though. b:chuckle

Update: Upon checking, I got proof. In the sell tab, hover your mouse over the input box of the "Price". It will say: "Unit Price must be multiples of 100 and less than 10,000,000". It is, therefore, possible to crash the Gold Market, which is a personal goal of mine someday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have a feeling that as soon as we get an ORB SALE the price of Gold on our server will go up again...

wink wink, nudge nudge, to any GM that happens to be reading this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • imrite
    imrite Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    W/ gold under1 mil items that cost 30 gold players ownly buy if it 90% off .The ownly rich player is the ones that drop a penny & stop to pick it up every time & very very very cheap to start is getting rich & dont buy gold ,the under 1 mil per a gold player need a week band from the Auction House to reset the price again so 30 gold item is not 90% to them.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    kinda like that time we got +11/+12 orbs in the boutique :3
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When PWI sells things for cash that everyone wants, gold becomes more expensive. When there are many desirable items that can be gotten for coin, gold prices go down.

Simple supply and demand. Watch what happens to prices at the next big, blockbuster boutique blow-out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zhangwuj1
    zhangwuj1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Low gold price is good, it narrows the gap between CS-er and non-CS-er. Non Cs-er like me can then buy boutique items at a much cheaper price with coins now :)
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When PWI sells things for cash that everyone wants, gold becomes more expensive. When there are many desirable items that can be gotten for coin, gold prices go down.

Simple supply and demand. Watch what happens to prices at the next big, blockbuster boutique blow-out.

Demand is dependent from number of players, that want to buy gold for coins.

If in Archosaur number of cash shopers is much more than number of free to play players now, then gold drop in price.
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    zhangwuj1 wrote: »
    Low gold price is good, it narrows the gap between CS-er and non-CS-er. Non Cs-er like me can then buy boutique items at a much cheaper price with coins now :)

Which is exactly what we need to see happen. Only the already rich get rich in this game. Very few can ascend to God-dom without lots of money now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • imrite
    imrite Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    That kind of talk is not good for ur players that not using $ because it will lead to a NPC added that buy gold at 1.7 mil per a gold & buy gold w/ coin be removed do u want that to happen don't broke the system then if u want to keep buying gold w/ coin.This a game that runs on money that gets 2 set of bills to pay remember that.It takes 3 days to sell 20 gold at 1 mil per a gold.
  • udancenow
    udancenow Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't uses drinking alcohol or drugs so I save 5$ to 10$ here & I save up, it not hard to do to buy gold. 900k per a gold is like 86 cents out of 1$+taxs & fees to buy gold that the math if ur not on ur hang over that is.
  • chunleilu
    chunleilu Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Demand is dependent from number of players, that want to buy gold for coins.

If in Archosaur number of cash shopers is much more than number of free to play players now, then gold drop in price.

This. I think the reason why gold is so low on Archasaur is because the population on Archasaur is pretty low, Archasaur is the newest server a lot of people who started on Archasaur were people who were non cash shoppers from other servers who started on new server. I think it is not just archasaur though the general population of PWI is been on a downward trend, eventually they would need mergers if this trend continues.
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    chunleilu wrote: »
    Archasaur is the newest server a lot of people who started on Archasaur were people who were non cash shoppers from other servers who started on new server.

When Archosaur was first created and opened... it got all the rejects of the other servers.

I was one of them.

But I guess because I didn't hit level 90s+ in Heaven's Tear or Raging Tide Server (my other servers), I can't be qualified to be the rejects of failing in those levels.

But I guess you're right now, there's hardly any 'old' players that exist on this server. Well... some.
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    udancenow wrote: »
    I don't uses drinking alcohol or drugs so I save 5$ to 10$ here & I save up, it not hard to do to buy gold. 900k per a gold is like 86 cents out of 1$+taxs & fees to buy gold that the math if ur not on ur hang over that is.

be aware that it has nothing to do with alcohol or drugs or being poor or rich. Its about principles. I prefer not to go into the subject because indeed we dont want to break the system and someone has to pay for the game. But you may want to not make that kind of comments or people may feel the need to reply :)
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    be aware that it has nothing to do with alcohol or drugs or being poor or rich. Its about principles. I prefer not to go into the subject because indeed we dont want to break the system and someone has to pay for the game. But you may want to not make that kind of comments or people may feel the need to reply :)

the whole argument that people have to pay for this game -> therefore condone obvious imbalances from CS is completely unfounded. they saw greater revenues from smaller transactions but from more players when the game wasn't broken (fashion, charms, etc)

what could substantiate that claim more than the most popular game of all time, which logs an average 15 million players a day, 30 unique a month, employs thousands, and is written about by both forbes and espn....all supported by....fashion? yup.
  • longshadowace1
    longshadowace1 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    15 mil don't last long. TT matts G16 & R9 rr9 rrr9 can cost 200 mil plus 15 mil is small coin only not rich.
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Could be someone simply didn't double check how many zeros he/she entered.
    re
  • PantieRaider - Archosaur
    PantieRaider - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Which is exactly what we need to see happen. Only the already rich get rich in this game. Very few can ascend to God-dom without lots of money now.

wasn't it that way before.