Archosaur server & Gold prices

udancenow
udancenow Posts: 23 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Etherblade (West)
on Archosaur Server people are try to make gold price 100k per a gold,it under 1 mil now.Someone is already trying to buy gold at 100k .To the scam artist pushing down the price of gold & making everyone poor all of PWI know what ur up to now.Everyone can buy stuff in the shops and do skill upgrades when gold is 1.4 mil at the lowest other servives is at 1.7 to 1.6 mil per a gold so the scam artists can b:cry.
Post edited by udancenow on

Comments

• Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I miss 100k gold lol keep at it!!! Screws cashers but anyone else is fine.
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • titotit
    titotit Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Gold use to be 100k till the economy took a ball to the nuts so going back to 100k isnt really scamming in my opinion, :/
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Move to Archosaur Sub-Forum. And I like gold where it is..... (Coming from a non-cash shopper)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • __Conn - Archosaur
    __Conn - Archosaur Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Gold prices at 100k would be a dream come true b:dirty
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    In early days, we all lived the dream then TT_TT

b:cry

Why PWI, WHY COD DAMMITb:cry
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm a F2Per and farmed my full r9, also full nv 3rd cast sets + weapons. But I'd always support CSers which sell gold in ah. Because I don't belong to the greedy folk which want everything w/o any effort. If you are a CSer: scew them and just don't sell gold through ah anymore, they will cry like lil babies. Only CSers keep the game alive, you have the power, use it.
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Its supply and demand archo has an uneven population base. Lots of CSers, right now it seems mostly seeker CSers and tons of lowbie F2Pers who don't even FC or buy hypers they just grind their way upwards. There isn't that much coin chasing the gold being brought in by the CSers so coin goes farther.

But look at the low prices for raps in archo. No one is ever going to pay for R9 with NW like has been done already on some other servers. Archo isn't a lowbie paradise because of that. I bet in the end it all balances out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Whoever is pushing it down must be dishing out alot of cash o.o Good luck though. It would be easy..
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think it's more because of stupidity than anything.

When a person wants to sell gold in AH they will undercut who ever is selling it at the lowest price rather than just selling it to a person who is already buying. They don't stop to think that the next person is going to do the same thing and before you know it gold has dropped below what they could have sold it for to begin with. b:angry

Whenever I sell gold if I really need the coin I will just sell a couple gold to whoever is already buying then put the rest at a higher price. I wish more people had the sense to do that as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    udancenow wrote: »
    on Archosaur Server people are try to make gold price 100k per a gold,it under 1 mil now.Someone is already trying to buy gold at 100k .To the scam artist pushing down the price of gold & making everyone poor all of PWI know what ur up to now.Everyone can buy stuff in the shops and do skill upgrades when gold is 1.4 mil at the lowest other servives is at 1.7 to 1.6 mil per a gold so the scam artists can b:cry.

Someone's making everything affordable for everyone? Dear god...

My condolences to Archosaur server, hopefully this MONSTER is brought to justice soon.... T_T
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Someone's making everything affordable for everyone? Dear god...

My condolences to Archosaur server, hopefully this MONSTER is brought to justice soon.... T_T

How dares that someone!!

b:chuckle

The basterd. The cod damm Basterd
  • Seileach - Archosaur
    Seileach - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2013

What in the world are you smoking? Gold is still around 1M per piece on Archosaur. Are you dividing the price by the amount?
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What in the world are you smoking? Gold is still around 1M per piece on Archosaur. Are you dividing the price by the amount?

Meh, they aren't even knowledgeable enough to know gold will never reach 100k again anyways; perfect hammers killed that. Just some troll or someone who never learned the game complaining. It has more to do with people selling lots of gold to buy SoW and their recasts more than some conspiracy. It's why gold takes a price drop each NW day on our server.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What a funny theories everyone has.

No one can control the goldprice down really unless they are ready to spend a serious ****load of realmoney.

And it doesn't much matter how exactly they trade their gold on the AH.

Its just supply and demand, rule 1 of economy. So archo has a lot of CSers apearently.

I guess that is good for a merchant and farmer like me. More to merchant, cheaper gold. Probably i get less for my farmed mats with all the overgeared ppl who can do it 3 times faster than i, but hey all in all, i think im happy with it :)
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    One single person can't drop the prices. It happenes on Lothranis too ocasionally for somone to sell gols enough that all buy offers disapear but t gets back to normal price in less than one day. Even if someone is doing it intentionally for whatever reason, the money they need to have to keep the price low would make that reason not worth it.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    One single person can't drop the prices. It happenes on Lothranis too ocasionally for somone to sell gols enough that all buy offers disapear but t gets back to normal price in less than one day. Even if someone is doing it intentionally for whatever reason, the money they need to have to keep the price low would make that reason not worth it.

Gold on Archosaur has been lingering slightly below 1 mil since right after X-mas. When the rank sale first come out this week it bumped it up over 1 mil but within a couple days it was back below 1 mil.

The sad part is while the price of gold is dropping the price of items people sell have not (the exception being items that come directly out of the boutique. For whatever odd reason HP charms are selling for 3 mil and in some cases less)

Because of rl I am having a hard time farming as much as I used to and am relying more on selling gold for coin, but at these prices it's not worth selling. I'm finding that coin I once had in abundance is drying up fast, especially now that I just became sage and am trying to buy my new skill books. As I'm having no luck making the books myself (keep getting the same ones over again) and they are selling pre-made for 10 mil+ I'm at a bit of a loss what to do. I've already changed servers once and I will not do it again. If our economy does not stabilize soon I might have leave. I've already found myself browsing other games. If by chance I find one with a nice unicorn mount that might be all the push that is needed for me to go. I'd hate to do it because I do like the game, but I play for fun. When it starts to become more of a hassle than fun, I have to ask 'why am I playing?'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Gold CAN'T hit 100k again, ever. 1 pack would then be roughly 44k if bought in bulk. You would then open those packs and recieve your tokens. You then turn those tokens into wedding wine and exchange for about 150k coin per pack. You could literally make infinite money. In the meanwhile you eventually end up with an inventory stuffed with Scroll of Tomes, Vit Stones, DoT's, DoD's, perfect tokens, and other op junk.

PW set a minimum cap on gold as soon as pack were released. b:chuckle
  • bolocactu
    bolocactu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Gold CAN'T hit 100k again, ever. 1 pack would then be roughly 44k if bought in bulk. You would then open those packs and recieve your tokens. You then turn those tokens into wedding wine and exchange for about 150k coin per pack. You could literally make infinite money. In the meanwhile you eventually end up with an inventory stuffed with Scroll of Tomes, Vit Stones, DoT's, DoD's, perfect tokens, and other op junk.

atleast let gold hit 500k thenb:victory
    I might be black
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013

They did that months before packs when they released chest of coins and changed the minimum price of gold to 200k as a result thanks to how hammers work with the chests.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    They did that months before packs when they released chest of coins and changed the minimum price of gold to 200k as a result thanks to how hammers work with the chests.

That's definitely true, almost forgot about that one. <.<
  • opkossy
    edited March 2013
    That's definitely true, almost forgot about that one. <.<

Made even more hilarious by the claims to lower gold prices at the time. b:laugh
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited March 2013

Can that wine be NPCed for a value of 10k per token ?

I am token merchant, and i remember there have been times when the token price went below 10k, even though not much. Lowest i got was probably 9600 buy, 9800 sell. Never was aware i'd be able to sell them for 10k minimal though...
  • opkossy
    edited March 2013
    Can that wine be NPCed for a value of 10k per token ?

I am token merchant, and i remember there have been times when the token price went below 10k, even though not much. (lowest i got was probably 9600 buy, 9800 sell)

It's not exactly 10k but triumph money (the way tokens are NPC'd) is close enough that we call it 10k.

Whenever I find tokens being sold for below 10k I tend to buy them in bulk knowing prices will rise again. Especially since I have literally nothing to lose thanks to that wine exchange.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    of course i also buy them in bulk, i just make sure i sell them in bulk as well. But cant let my capital be sitting still in tokens waiting for the price to go up :)
  • opkossy
    edited March 2013
    Thing is, when the sell price is below 10k, you make the most profit via triumph money and can do so whenever you feel like it.

... and when the sell price is above 10k, well more power to you if you had tokens from before then. I just, personally, see no point in selling them for below 10k but I'm also more than willing to start converting capital to tokens when I see the price fall below that point because I literally have nothing to lose and can only profit regardless. b:chuckle
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Well it may take a week before they go up 10% or so. In that week you could have turned over your money 10 times at 2%. Unless you got more money than you can invest in fast turnover anyway of course :)

Of course better to NPC them for 10k than sell them for 9.8 though....

Can you explain me more about how to NPC them for 10k ? (i dont have a client now or very soon to look around and tryout myself. Im traveling, but want to know for when i get back home :))
  • opkossy
    edited March 2013
    Well it may take a week before they go up 10% or so. In that week you could have turned over your money 10 times at 2%. Unless you got more money than you can invest in fast turnover anyway of course :)

Of course better to NPC them for 10k than sell them for 9.8 though....
    Exactly the point. Why sell for 9.8 when I can NPC for 10k and know that regardless of which method I choose, I'll be making a profit?

If you're familiar with turning tokens into wines for dungeons, it's basically the same process. Only instead of trading for wines at the eldest matchmaker, you trade for triumph money instead. Then NPC it and that's all there is to it.
  • udancenow
    udancenow Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This thread is stoping the 100k gold drop on Archosaur Server keep it going.& Harshlands Server is 1.7 to 1.6 mil per a gold.
    P.S. some one did try to lower the gold to 100k this thread stoped them.
  • opkossy
    edited March 2013
    P.S. some one did try to lower the gold to 100k this thread stoped them.

Common sense is what stopped it. Gold is never going to 100k again simply because the items we have available now prevent that.
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Common sense is what stopped it. Gold is never going to 100k again simply because the items we have available now prevent that.

Actually is doesn't stop them from trying. About a month ago or so we basically ran out of people buying gold in the AH. Someone actually had a post in the AH buying gold at 1,100 coin.
    I laughed so hard when I saw that (even choked on my coffee). I really hope there was not someone desperate (or stupid) enough to try and sell gold that cheap. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.tumblr.com