Connecting Servers.

Options
Zheii - Archosaur
Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Suggestion Box
So, I was talking to someone about how cool it would be able to visit other servers, even though I know it's not technically possible (Is it? o,o idk enough about this kinda stuff to know for sure) I still thought the Idea has potential and would also make an interesting thread on the forums so...

Here is the guidelines of the idea:
(There are 2 of them so far)

1. For there be a way to transport your toon from server to server... within certain limits of course (maybe a time limit or something)
Random Ideas surrounding this:
~Moving severs to PK with friends from other servers
~To socialize
~Moving from a PvE server to a PvP server or visa-versa
~When visiting another server have your orginal server name next to yours, eg;
Luminece
RogueXXX
Zheii - Archosaur
~Being able to buy things that you can't find on your own server on other servers.
~Ummm... etc, etc xD

(next idea~ yayy xD)

2.For there be a general meeting area or map that you can transport into to meet people from other servers, sort of like a common room where everyone can just go to chill... or to do mass Server VS Server PK. b:chuckle

But yes, these are just a few Ideas to spark conversation, please add and point out faults with these ideas, I'd love to see what people come up with :3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
Post edited by Zheii - Archosaur on

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I'd not want more competition for my catshop. Though, to be fair, I'd love more mindless sheep buying from it. I'd also not want the dregs from other servers polluting mine. Retardweaver is bad enough already.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • ShaiFatali - Lost City
    ShaiFatali - Lost City Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I'm sorry, but this will never work. The problems: the economies are so different on the different servers, ultimately it would balance out but the short term repercussions would be huge.

Also, the character databases would have to be merged, or the different servers would have to be able to access multiple servers...technologically, I don't think this is feasible.
    A prima luce usque ad lucem

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vive, pugnare aut mori.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Prevent the outsiders from interacting with anything that could affect pricing. Unable to buy or sell items from npcs, other players, and catshops. The inability to drop items. The inability to participate in events.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Seileach - Archosaur
    Seileach - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The reason for multiple servers is response time. If you allow everyone to move to different servers then, it would be possible for everyone ( or enough users ) to jump to one server and crash it b:sad.

However, it would be nice if a pve server could be paired with one or more pvp servers. Allowing those who want to pvp but want to develop their toon first a chance to pvp.

P.S. Something I hate to hear on my squishy cleric: "I'm bored, want to duel?"
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Okay so scrap visiting other servers as an option, what about:

A Common Room.

A third party Map, that is NOT on any of the servers, sort of like a spare server of it's own, that you can move into to meet people from other servers, PK, duel and chat.
    -disable trading as an option of course.

What do you think? possible or not?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Okay so scrap visiting other servers as an option, what about:

A Common Room.

A third party Map, that is NOT on any of the servers, sort of like a spare server of it's own, that you can move into to meet people from other servers, PK, duel and chat.
    -disable trading as an option of course.

What do you think? possible or not?

It would be nice, but it would not be something easy to do. Given the current state of PWI's developers and their inability to modify files, it may be hard to achieve.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Options
    It would be nice, but it would not be something easy to do. Given the current state of PWI's developers and their inability to modify files, it may be hard to achieve.

Oh i realize, but I wasn't even sure if that sort of thing is possible, someone who knows something about programming and games gimmie some info please? xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Oh i realize, but I wasn't even sure if that sort of thing is possible, someone who knows something about programming and games gimmie some info please? xD

It's possible. Just probably won't be very efficient.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• Zheii - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Options

Hmm... how would it not be efficient? o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

It is actually very easy to host a map on a different server and the game engine that runs this is already setup to do that. The very basics is just changing one config file. The problem will come from if the 2 servers that share this map do not share the same db. Other than that it would be very efficient as the load would be removed from the main two servers and shifted to the third. Having a population limit would also keep the 3rd map clean
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    It is actually very easy to host a map on a different server and the game engine that runs this is already setup to do that. The very basics is just changing one config file. The problem will come from if the 2 servers that share this map do not share the same db. Other than that it would be very efficient as the load would be removed from the main two servers and shifted to the third. Having a population limit would also keep the 3rd map clean

How would it be very efficient to link up multiple databases onto one server like how it's suggested?
    Especially if you want to update inventory in real time between two servers across multiple databases? I'm not seeing it.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I could see another Cable on another server, that be pretty neat.

"So did your name came from the actual cable line, or did it come from X-Men?"

If anything, I'd see my one tru luv boogiepanda. Although I just go on another Cable on RT to talk to himb:dirty

Or her.
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    How would it be very efficient to link up multiple databases onto one server like how it's suggested?
    Especially if you want to update inventory in real time between two servers across multiple databases? I'm not seeing it.

You should re-read what I wrote, I said the problem would be if the 2 servers did not have the same db.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    3 people I'd love to meet are Asterelle, _Skai_ and boogiepanda just because I've seen there youtube channels, oh and Bezmor :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Actually, I could use some freedom away from Tide_Surfer's speech on world chat.

Rather listen to other drama on other servers. Yeah!!!!b:laugh
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    You should re-read what I wrote, I said the problem would be if the 2 servers did not have the same db.

Yeah, and most of the servers don't have the same db right? Unless I'm mistaken?
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• Zheii - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Actually, I could use some freedom away from Tide_Surfer's speech on world chat.

Rather listen to other drama on other servers. Yeah!!!!b:laugh

Rofl xD +1 Cable

SweetieBot please reward XCableX - Archosaur 10 points for his witty remark :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Do you like Cute Is What We Aim For?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Rofl xD +1 Cable

*pets Zheii*

Cable, want some of MY world chat speeches? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Rofl xD +1 Cable

I'll add 'reward' as a synonym for give/award/add. English has too many words.
    Sweetiebot reward Zheii - Archosaur 3 points for tricking you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Asterelle - Sanctuary awards 3 points to Zheii - Archosaur!
    Zheii - Archosaur now has a total of 16 points and is in 17th place.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands

• Zheii - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I'll add 'reward' as a synonym for give/award/add. English has too many words.

Haha, thanks xD
    *pets Zheii*

Cable, want some of MY world chat speeches? b:chuckle

-Mews- o,o Zambie :3 do a wc speech on your server for me :D

and (cause it didn't work before xD)

SweetieBot please reward XCableX - Archosaur 10 points x3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Zheii - Archosaur awards 10 points to XCableX - Archosaur!
    XCableX - Archosaur now has a total of 10 points and is in 27th place.
    Zheii - Archosaur can still award another 20 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Haha, thanks xD

-Mews- o,o Zambie :3 do a wc speech on your server for me :D

and (cause it didn't work before xD)

y u no in game or on skype. I feel so alone! SO LONELY! Where's catbug, I could use a catbug.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Options
    y u no in game or on skype. I feel so alone! SO LONELY! Where's catbug, I could use a catbug.

Awwwh I'm in class and my skype crashed again Q_Q
    and here<3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Awwwh I'm in class and my skype crashed again Q_Q
    and here<3

Make it uncrash! Or pull the fire alarm b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I am sorry that I was not there to post catbug for you 'xD
    Ahhhw that's why you didn't see me wish you a good morning just a bit ago, then, Zheii o-o Well anyway, I said g'morning!

OT,
    I don't really know about servers being able to merchant with one another 'cause it'd mess with economies/median them/it'd probabily be good for the most expensive server(DW used to be the 'greedy server' but then Heaven's Tear got that honour instead; who holds it now? Either way, Loth would just get screwed over.) Even though if people could trade it'd be a pretty good way to move servers on one's own and 'server stash' and blahblah. (Server Stash?)
    When NW was first coming out we(faction members)thought there was also some sort of mini cross-server meeting place thing; not the world map or commerce or anything, but.
    And I can see it being useful that if someone crossed server boundaries, they gained their server name as a title next to their name o-o Don't think pwi's unlazy enough to do something like that though.
    I don't even care if they 'can or can't in the realm of capableness'
    They're just too lazy
    xD
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I am sorry that I was not there to post catbug for you 'xD
    Ahhhw that's why you didn't see me wish you a good morning just a bit ago, then, Zheii o-o Well anyway, I said g'morning!

OT,
    I don't really know about servers being able to merchant with one another 'cause it'd mess with economies/median them/it'd probabily be good for the most expensive server(DW used to be the 'greedy server' but then Heaven's Tear got that honour instead; who holds it now? Either way, Loth would just get screwed over.) Even though if people could trade it'd be a pretty good way to move servers on one's own and 'server stash' and blahblah. (Server Stash?)
    When NW was first coming out we(faction members)thought there was also some sort of mini cross-server meeting place thing; not the world map or commerce or anything, but.
    And I can see it being useful that if someone crossed server boundaries, they gained their server name as a title next to their name o-o Don't think pwi's unlazy enough to do something like that though.
    I don't even care if they 'can or can't in the realm of capableness'
    They're just too lazy
    xD

Loth wouldn't get screwed, with our prices dirt cheap it'd only give people money rather than **** them out of it. I personally wouldn't complain about adopting another server's economy, then NW would actually be somewhat profitable.

Also, Hi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Loth wouldn't get screwed, with our prices dirt cheap it'd only give people money rather than **** them out of it. I personally wouldn't complain about adopting another server's economy, then NW would actually be somewhat profitable.

Also, Hi.

I agree with Zambie x3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

Also, Hi.

Mew, I suppose. But then again, what I meant by 'Loth would get screwed over' was that they'd get everything bought out of them and then hit by a really expensive influx from other servers, so in a way o-o

And hiya, Zanny o-o
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]