Connecting Servers.

Options
2»

Comments

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

Mew, I suppose. But then again, what I meant by 'Loth would get screwed over' was that they'd get everything bought out of them and then hit by a really expensive influx from other servers, so in a way o-o

And hiya, Zanny o-o

They'd most likely adapt quickly and sell it for about what it is on the other server. The reason our prices are dirt cheap is because the people on the server are all cheap. If they can sell for higher they'll do it in a heartbeat. You know, 'cause they're cheap. People are trying to buy cannies at 5k and sell for 10k. Just.. Man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    They'd most likely adapt quickly and sell it for about what it is on the other server. The reason our prices are dirt cheap is because the people on the server are all cheap. If they can sell for higher they'll do it in a heartbeat. You know, 'cause they're cheap. People are trying to buy cannies at 5k and sell for 10k. Just.. Man.

Awh geez I remember you saying that about canny prices >:
    'cause they're cheap and all, I mean. x3
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    we need a server merge, indeed!
    it is 100% possible to merge servers. but depending on how foresightful and intelligently the system has been designed, it might range from "click here to merge selected servers" to "jebus! this will take weeks and cost us a plethora of money". i bet it is even worse than the latter. in other words, there will be no server merge. b:sad
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • McBern - Archosaur
    McBern - Archosaur Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Actually, this is really possible because in the first place all your toon information is there already (gears,fash,inventory,level,etc) all they have to do is just like choosing what server you want to go into, and all those information of your toons will be carried to the instance of that chosen server. As you noticed when you run the PWI game you have to log in your user info, then you choose what server you want to go. These things are given already, so I think developers can easily spawn our toon in the chosen server. But of course you have to pay some gold or coins to go there. n.n
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Actually, this is really possible because in the first place all your toon information is there already (gears,fash,inventory,level,etc) all they have to do is just like choosing what server you want to go into, and all those information of your toons will be carried to the instance of that chosen server. As you noticed when you run the PWI game you have to log in your user info, then you choose what server you want to go. These things are given already, so I think developers can easily spawn our toon in the chosen server. But of course you have to pay some gold or coins to go there. n.n

Hmmmm... McBern, it is now your mission to make it happen, GO! o_o.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I've been in a game that did a series of server merges over a couple years, it actually was great as it infused a lot of life into the game each time and it gave us new people to fight. It created a lot of fun rivalries.

Yes, it screwed up in game economy for a little but it balanced pretty quickly. There was more supply but there was also more demand and it all just evened out once people stopped fighting for control of the markets they'd more or less dominated before.

However, the game was significantly less intricate than this one so the process of merging servers was probably a lot smoother. If it would be technologically feasible I think it would be interesting, I just think that PWI would totally **** the pooch on it and we'd all wind up losing gear and stuff.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • serbetel
    serbetel Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    It not only is possible - Jade Dynasty (Perfect World Game)
    made it possible in a restricted enviroment allready.

And yeah its a great feature would be great if pw gets it too.

One Link: http://jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=584622
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Options
    well...since we've confirmed that it's possible... any strategies on how to make it happen guys? :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • serbetel
    serbetel Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    That area in jd is really restricted and a completely new map / instances.

Restricted as in no cashshop available, guild chat only for players on same map and so on.

I didnt check it for a while but it had serious starting problems,
    although later ppl been able to enjoy it (and used it heavily).

First they started a World Pvp Tournament in a special instance,
    later a whole map opened.

So if they ever add it to pw it for sure reuires a lot work.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Options
    serbetel wrote: »
    That area in jd is really restricted and a completely new map / instances.

Restricted as in no cashshop available, guild chat only for players on same map and so on.

I didnt check it for a while but it had serious starting problems,
    although later ppl been able to enjoy it (and used it heavily).

First they started a World Pvp Tournament in a special instance,
    later a whole map opened.

So if they ever add it to pw it for sure reuires a lot work.

Sounds awesome though @_@&quot;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]