Ranking your Dervish

Options
Jaabg - Sanctuary
Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Blademaster
Thanks to Asterelle and Maelael, they created a script for us bm. I haven't checked and tweaked it, but seems good so far.
It still had a misplaced ')' here it is right
http://ideone.com/qUru3J

I found my friend needed more, because her axes were lower in the ranking, so i used this site

The axes were #3132, top 34% to get.

Where do you guys come out on the rankings?
Post edited by Jaabg - Sanctuary on

Comments

• TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I kinda don't know if I'd agree with the rankings completely (at least damage wise). For example to have max phys attack and str, but have low attack and crit would be less overall DPH than a high attack and crit but lower str and max p attack.

I'd probably tweak it a little to weigh a little less on max phys attack assuming end game shards / refines.

I had a roll with 19 attack, 6 crit, 18 STR, and 170 max phys attack, which was ranked #1258 top 13.75%

The roll I currently have is 22 attack, 4 crit, 15 STR, and 110 phys attack which is ranked #2644 28.89%, which is apparently significantly worse, but I don't think it's that far off if you were to assuming +12 end game shards and refines (+12 refine and 2 garnet gems).
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I was thinking of tweaking it to represent dph. That will take time though :).
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    It's actually sorted based off of average DPH. I have a version for bows and was helping someone who was tweaking it for axes. Axes aren't quite as straightforward though since the benefit of the max phys attack depends on your refine level / shards and how would you rank the vit stat?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I honestly wouldn't even rank the vit stat imo; it's a non factor in my decision if I want to re-roll or not lol. It's essentially the tie breaker between 2 weapons of the same stats already (unless you want to get down to the single digits of max phys attack lol), and the one with the 1 extra vit is the winner.

And yeah, the max phys attack add kind of falls off more when you're higher refined and better sharded, that's why I'd value the attack level / crit above STR / max phys attack.

• Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I honestly wouldn't even rank the vit stat imo; it's a non factor in my decision if I want to re-roll or not lol. It's essentially the tie breaker between 2 weapons of the same stats already (unless you want to get down to the single digits of max phys attack lol), and the one with the 1 extra vit is the winner.

And yeah, the max phys attack add kind of falls off more when you're higher refined and better sharded, that's why I'd value the attack level / crit above STR / max phys attack.

I just wanted to say I completely agree with this.

My crit rate is pretty lousy, I have less dex than Dan, and most BMs for that matter, so if I landed high attack level and crit but low max attack and str, I'd keep it because what I need are more crits...
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

Eeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

The idea of the ranking is how far you're off total damage statistically from the best axes possible.

The way I measured it originally, about 2 Str was worth 1 attack level when you've bypassed their defense levels. The max attack was wonky how it worked out.

If we weren't already passing defense levels full geared, I know that attack levels would be more worthy than strength and max attack.

The 3 most important factors to consider imho:
    1. Higher Crit = Better charm jumps. For classes that are not dex based it's important - a +6 Crit 20 Attack Levels may seriously be considered to be way better than a +4 crit 25 attack levels roll just out of pure better crit chance. *I* don't think so but its all about style of play.

2. More attack levels = greater chance to ignore defense levels. If you look at how damage is calculated, bypassing defense levels brings your damage up greater. It's not a straight shot, but ignoring even 10% of your TOTAL damage practically negates most of the add ons from the rest of the axe.

3. Morai Skills that do not use Attack or Defense levels. This makes higher strength and max attack very worthy if you make regular use of those skills.

I kept mine, theres a few people with slightly-moderately better on the server, and 1 person in the upper 5%. I'm jelly, but when I did a calc it was like overall missing 3% more damage from max stat axes - who gives a ****. Even with my crappy rolls on my R9rr armor Im like maybe tops 5% behind max statted (if I did my calcs right). How much is 5% more damage worth to you? 7%? 10%? Make that decision so you know where to stop.

I did not feel months of farming and rerolling was worth it, so I kept mine. I do like the result with blade tornado very much.

So far rule of thumb has been at least 20 attack levels and at least top 20% statistically. Best way to tell: Open up multiple of the damage calculator spreadsheets, vs varying defense levels. Decide if that roll does the damage you want to see with your commonly used skills (For me would be BT, Fissure, Drake Ray).

Consider where your crit is at too - if you went N3 you're prolly lacking in crit and should put some weight on it. I feel ideal crit without sacrificing other needed attributes is 30-35%. So if you're below that consider keeping a decent statted but high crit axes, and if you're in the middle (33%) its worth it for higher attack levels and overall damage.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    3. Morai Skills that do not use Attack or Defense levels. This makes higher strength and max attack very worthy if you make regular use of skills such and Blade Tornado.

Blade Tornado is completely based on weapon damage (well and crit%), doesn't even use Strength. + Max Attack should work I think.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Blade Tornado is completely based on weapon damage (well and crit%), doesn't even use Strength. + Max Attack should work I think.

Youre right, the rest of them deal with base phys, but BT doesnt.

Strange it hits way harder than the other ****...

Will have to find out if the max attack factors, afaik it doesnt.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options

The idea of the ranking is how far you're off total damage statistically from the best axes possible.

The way I measured it originally, about 2 Str was worth 1 attack level when you've bypassed their defense levels. The max attack was wonky how it worked out.

If we weren't already passing defense levels full geared, I know that attack levels would be more worthy than strength and max attack.

The 3 most important factors to consider imho:
    1. Higher Crit = Better charm jumps. For classes that are not dex based it's important - a +6 Crit 20 Attack Levels may seriously be considered to be way better than a +4 crit 25 attack levels roll just out of pure better crit chance. *I* don't think so but its all about style of play.

2. More attack levels = greater chance to ignore defense levels. If you look at how damage is calculated, bypassing defense levels brings your damage up greater. It's not a straight shot, but ignoring even 10% of your TOTAL damage practically negates most of the add ons from the rest of the axe.

3. Morai Skills that do not use Attack or Defense levels. This makes higher strength and max attack very worthy if you make regular use of those skills.

I kept mine, theres a few people with slightly-moderately better on the server, and 1 person in the upper 5%. I'm jelly, but when I did a calc it was like overall missing 3% more damage from max stat axes - who gives a ****. Even with my crappy rolls on my R9rr armor Im like maybe tops 5% behind max statted (if I did my calcs right). How much is 5% more damage worth to you? 7%? 10%? Make that decision so you know where to stop.

I did not feel months of farming and rerolling was worth it, so I kept mine. I do like the result with blade tornado very much.

So far rule of thumb has been at least 20 attack levels and at least top 20% statistically. Best way to tell: Open up multiple of the damage calculator spreadsheets, vs varying defense levels. Decide if that roll does the damage you want to see with your commonly used skills (For me would be BT, Fissure, Drake Ray).

Consider where your crit is at too - if you went N3 you're prolly lacking in crit and should put some weight on it. I feel ideal crit without sacrificing other needed attributes is 30-35%. So if you're below that consider keeping a decent statted but high crit axes, and if you're in the middle (33%) its worth it for higher attack levels and overall damage.

I wasn't planning to re-roll over 5 tries honestly, I was way too impatient and didn't want to leave my damn weapon at +3 for months and affect my NW performances. I took my first roll above 20 attack and with decent crit and STR (7 tries). I had a roll with +20 attack 3 crit 14 STR and 103 phys attack I didn't think twice about keeping lmao. I wanted to keep my 19 attack 6 crit 18 STR and 170 max phys attack pretty bad, but the below 20 attack levels was eating away at me. It was my first roll and I thought I could do better.

But yeah, as far as BT damage is calculated it would just be weapon damage. That'll just be your attack from weapon, shards, max phys attack / phys attack adds, rings. STR would not be included as your weapon damage, but would be part of your base physical damage multiplier for other skills along with masteries and other buffs.

I would value crit above attack level being I only have 34% crit at the time being. However, this may or may not change if I decide to keep more Dex when I decide to go for the Emperor Tome in the future though. I've put a little thought into re-statting a little more DEX as now I'm seeing R999 Archers and Sins walking around with 600 + dex and insane evasion.

This is one of the imbalances I feel the game has... NOT ONLY does Dex contribute to Ranged physical damage / dagger damage like STR does, but it contributes to accuracy crit and evasion too? STR gives some Phys def which is nice, but it's 1 stat compared to 3. At end game 600 STR is only gonna contribute like 6K phys def base, whereas 700 DEX is gonna contribute to 35% crit 14,000 accuracy (with 2 accuracy rings) and 7000 evasion.

My god, whoever decided to scale crit at 1% per 20 dex should be slapped upside the head just like whoever decided triple sparked magic zerk crits for over 40K + on full buffed properly sharded tanks was balanced. I'll rarely hit above 20k on a full buffed and properly sharded AA. Third cast Archers and Sins are becoming better off tanks that BMs and Seekers lol with their on demand stealths and other survivability/control skills.

I'm sure with the game evolving the way it has I'm sure all of us have at least given some thought into statting some more dex not only for more accuracy, but for more crit as well. I am most likely looking into doing this after I get my Emperor Tome.

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I would value crit above attack level being I only have 34% crit at the time being. However, this may or may not change if I decide to keep more Dex when I decide to go for the Emperor Tome in the future though. I've put a little thought into re-statting a little more DEX as now I'm seeing R999 Archers and Sins walking around with 600 + dex and insane evasion.

This is one of the imbalances I feel the game has... NOT ONLY does Dex contribute to Ranged physical damage / dagger damage like STR does, but it contributes to accuracy crit and evasion too? STR gives some Phys def which is nice, but it's 1 stat compared to 3. At end game 600 STR is only gonna contribute like 6K phys def base, whereas 700 DEX is gonna contribute to 35% crit 14,000 accuracy (with 2 accuracy rings) and 7000 evasion.

And I've noticed the same exact problem with Archers and Sins. I swear its nearly 1/5 is a miss, sometimes more. It's really annoying, and they never miss.

If the game was more balanced it would be a different stat than dex that gives the accuracy. I also look at the hardest hitters in the game - Psys and Wizzies - and although they don't have high crit or zerk, all of their skills auto hit. But they're less tanky, but at the same time HAs aren't as tanky vs their hits...

Its like close balance wise, but a bit off I think.
    I'll rarely hit above 20k on a full buffed and properly sharded AA. Third cast Archers and Sins are becoming better off tanks that BMs and Seekers lol with their on demand stealths and other survivability/control skills.

I do. 20-25ks, Ive seen some 30ks. It kinda depends if their defense levels or pdef is ****, or you're utilizing Morai skills. Typically tho? 10-17ks are the higher ends, which is usually enough to drop most AAs - LAs is where the problem usually lies.
    statting some more dex not only for more accuracy, but for more crit as well. I am most likely looking into doing this after I get my Emperor Tome.

I got convinced last night to do the R9 ring first, then the tome. But yea, that crit/accuracy vs restatting more strength is a dilemma. I hit fine right now at 200 dex with two accuracy rings, but those misses really bother me.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    And I've noticed the same exact problem with Archers and Sins. I swear its nearly 1/5 is a miss, sometimes more. It's really annoying, and they never miss.

If the game was more balanced it would be a different stat than dex that gives the accuracy. I also look at the hardest hitters in the game - Psys and Wizzies - and although they don't have high crit or zerk, all of their skills auto hit. But they're less tanky, but at the same time HAs aren't as tanky vs their hits...

Its like close balance wise, but a bit off I think.

I do. 20-25ks, Ive seen some 30ks. It kinda depends if their defense levels or pdef is ****, or you're utilizing Morai skills. Typically tho? 10-17ks are the higher ends, which is usually enough to drop most AAs - LAs is where the problem usually lies.

I got convinced last night to do the R9 ring first, then the tome. But yea, that crit/accuracy vs restatting more strength is a dilemma. I hit fine right now at 200 dex with two accuracy rings, but those misses really bother me.

Other games I played attack would be accuracy, STR would be strength, defense would be evasion and phys def, magic would be magic attack and magic defense, and range would be ranged damage. Accuracy and evasion should never have been the same stat lol.

I'll rarely hit 20Ks on AA simply because on our server they're sharding JOSD and wearing double +12 Sky Covers and having more phys defense than the average HA/LA. Maybe if they were HFed by someone else or extreme poison / tangling mired It'd be much more common but with regular hits. I'm only seeing 20K + zerk crits with flame tsunami. Oddly enough I'll hit magic marrowed BMs harder than I do AA / LA.

Edit: Why the R9 Ring btw? The Ring is like 500M cheaper but at least with the Tome you can still upgrade to the Dominance before going all the way.

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Other games I played attack would be accuracy, STR would be strength, defense would be evasion and phys def, magic would be magic attack and magic defense, and range would be ranged damage. Accuracy and evasion should never have been the same stat lol.

I'll rarely hit 20Ks on AA simply because on our server they're sharding JOSD and wearing double +12 Sky Covers and having more phys defense than the average HA/LA. Maybe if they were HFed by someone else or extreme poison / tangling mired It'd be much more common but with regular hits. I'm only seeing 20K + zerk crits with flame tsunami. Oddly enough I'll hit magic marrowed BMs harder than I do AA / LA.

Edit: Why the R9 Ring btw? The Ring is like 500M cheaper but at least with the Tome you can still upgrade to the Dominance before going all the way.

Yea there is not a ton of JoSD double skycover casters on HT. Actually off the top of my head...there may be only one. Theres a few that are close but they use a mix of jades and other **** (and are tough as hell to kill).

Yanno I do a lot of cooperative gameplay, most of those hits may have been on something amped or HFed. The 30k was with flame Tsunami, on a cleric.

R9 ring I had a long discussion with a friend of mine, and he brought up a good point about cost effectiveness and survival. The amount of survival - particularly while marrowed for the ring vs the cost of the 3rd stage tome is much more worthwhile. I really want/need more MR and Pdef for marrowed situations, and the better I survive - the more points I bring in, the more people I murder, and the better I do in TW. The extra soulforce would be nice as well (I finally +12ed my boots and arms, its really nice...)
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Yea there is not a ton of JoSD double skycover casters on HT. Actually off the top of my head...there may be only one. Theres a few that are close but they use a mix of jades and other **** (and are tough as hell to kill).

Yanno I do a lot of cooperative gameplay, most of those hits may have been on something amped or HFed. The 30k was with flame Tsunami, on a cleric.

R9 ring I had a long discussion with a friend of mine, and he brought up a good point about cost effectiveness and survival. The amount of survival - particularly while marrowed for the ring vs the cost of the 3rd stage tome is much more worthwhile. I really want/need more MR and Pdef for marrowed situations, and the better I survive - the more points I bring in, the more people I murder, and the better I do in TW. The extra soulforce would be nice as well (I finally +12ed my boots and arms, its really nice...)

Ah right, completely forgot about soulforce. Looking at the ring on paper didn't seem very attractive as I only noticed a 3% increase in phys defense reduction at +12 with my current build magic marrowed. Considering the extra 2-3k soulforce on a +12 ring the increased damage on BT with the extra soulforce would be pretty nice as well, and better reel in rates.

I will hit for 30K + pretty easy in group PvP with the HF and amps, I guess I was just comparing with how hard seekers can hit on opponents without HF / Amp versus how much I hit without them for.

• BKXX - Raging Tide
    BKXX - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    1206, nice enough to 13%
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    1206, nice enough to 13%

Congrats b:victory.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Gonna bump this with a picture of my axes so you guys can give me your opinion on keep or reroll.

Been waiting to refine or shard better until I get stats I'm happy with but 20 badges a reroll and casual play means its taking a little while. I put +5 and immacs in while I farm another 120 badges but people keep saying these are good enough to keep. I dunno and I have other places my badges and coin could go towards.

So going to the experts. What do you guys think I should do.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Gonna bump this with a picture of my axes so you guys can give me your opinion on keep or reroll.

Been waiting to refine or shard better until I get stats I'm happy with but 20 badges a reroll and casual play means its taking a little while. I put +5 and immacs in while I farm another 120 badges but people keep saying these are good enough to keep. I dunno and I have other places my badges and coin could go towards.

NECROOO!!!!!!!

Sakubatou - Sanctuary replied to a message that was 1 month 19 days 15 hours 36 minutes old!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

Sakubatou - Sanctuary replied to a message that was 1 month 19 days 15 hours 36 minutes old!

SweetieBot, shuddup.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot, shuddup.
    Bazzinga!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2013
    Options
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

Go away geckofail.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2013
    Options

Keep for a while, get about 200 badges, and reroll. 100% sure.

If you have the team/hp to full pull lunar lanes, or the sins to do share stealth reset tricks there, it's definitely faster than warsong and more convenient if you're casual. EoDs seem to always sell for 3m or more during non 2x time, its not like you're losing money.

ONLY reason I kept mine at 20 attack levels is because the strength was 19, Max attack was 170, and crit was 5. Otherwise it would have went to the reroll dumpster.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Don't refine yet, wait for a better set of stats. Even if attack lvls are 20, but the rest of the stats are top end, the damage should be noticeable.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Keep for a while, get about 200 badges, and reroll. 100% sure.

If you have the team/hp to full pull lunar lanes, or the sins to do share stealth reset tricks there, it's definitely faster than warsong and more convenient if you're casual. EoDs seem to always sell for 3m or more during non 2x time, its not like you're losing money.

ONLY reason I kept mine at 20 attack levels is because the strength was 19, Max attack was 170, and crit was 5. Otherwise it would have went to the reroll dumpster.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Actually was gonna do it at 120 badges, but yah. 20 attack levels is nice, + max attack is mediocre, but crit, vit, and strength are all low. Still, people keep commenting on how nice they are and why haven't I refined them so I started to doubt myself. I also have a horrid history with rerolls.

I can... uncomfortable pull lunar pretty well. Well, I can pull it fine but I insist on doing full pulls (first area to right tome, full second area to near boss, and full 3rd area down the S path). Goes pretty quickly in a good squad but Sanctuary is all scared of Lunar so its hard finding many runs since people only do Lunar begrudgingly or because they have BH.

I'd be curious how you are doing your Share the Stealth runs since you need a mob count anyways.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2013
    Options
    This is exactly what I was thinking. Actually was gonna do it at 120 badges, but yah. 20 attack levels is nice, + max attack is mediocre, but crit, vit, and strength are all low. Still, people keep commenting on how nice they are and why haven't I refined them so I started to doubt myself. I also have a horrid history with rerolls.

I can... uncomfortable pull lunar pretty well. Well, I can pull it fine but I insist on doing full pulls (first area to right tome, full second area to near boss, and full 3rd area down the S path). Goes pretty quickly in a good squad but Sanctuary is all scared of Lunar so its hard finding many runs since people only do Lunar begrudgingly or because they have BH.

I'd be curious how you are doing your Share the Stealth runs since you need a mob count anyways.

Pulling Lunar:

Either a BM or tanky Veno with R9rr weapon pulls EVERYTHING right to the bridge. Give it a few seconds. If you have a pro barb they can do this too, but usually its a waste bringing a Barb unless theyre a high HP APS Barb.

Ideally, will at the first set of mobs, and then right as you get through the first area into that choke point, you should be ready for Vac Powder. If youre not unlucky (its like 10% of my runs I get immob'ed) you can hit vac powder and keep going. 2 Holy Paths and sometimes a little bit of Cloud Sprint will get you to the bridge.

Important part is what you do next. If you position right (takes a bit of practice) you can wait till they all group up at a distance, and have just barely enough distance to HF and bring your hp up to avoid death or a charm tick. Otherwise you need a second BM to stun first so you can get out of immob then do that, or someone to aggro everything so you can get out and setup stun HF.

If you have an R9rr caster pulling, just wait till they group and stun HF. The end.

2nd path is easy, just pull everything left (use holy path, cloud sprint, holy path, holy path) to the rock corner by the boss on the right hand side. They group beautifully and I usually hit will so I can manuver in a stun or whatever after I HF aggro.

Third path - just kill one group left (south I believe it actually is) and then pull the right side path (north? The short one) all the way to the end of the valley. Will to start, hit Vac when it wears off, and a single holy path should get you to the end with a bit of cloud sprint, and they group nicely at that pillar at the end.

Key to these pulls is your squad makeup:

1. A cleric with a good genie with holy path, and preferably some speed pots to keep up.
    2. A second BM is really nice so they can stun your pulls and you avoid charm ticks - given you can't AD or Pan Gu pot really. A smart/tanky Psy works for this too.
    3. One OP sin to get bosses down super fast.
    4. Rest all high level AoE DDs. Really a good Sin and BM is plenty for the bosses, another APSer is just as nice. But all sins is **** fyi for the aoes, they die too slow.
    5. A veno. Veno amp is mega core to kill the bosses efficiently.

Towards share stealth, it's the same idea as boss drops in Warsong. Just the idea is pull to the safe spots near the bosses (or have the Sin pull PAST the boss), and you just need to stealth reset aggro in this case. If you haven't done boss drops in Warsong, it's just a matter of of the sin hitting the boss so the cleric doesn't get aggro, 3 sparking, and IGing right after the spark and aps/HF/amp/pdef debuffing them asap and just DDing them down in 10 seconds or less. We usually have the cleric DD at times and skip the BB. No mob count needed.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Towards share stealth, it's the same idea as boss drops in Warsong. Just the idea is pull to the safe spots near the bosses (or have the Sin pull PAST the boss), and you just need to stealth reset aggro in this case. If you haven't done boss drops in Warsong, it's just a matter of of the sin hitting the boss so the cleric doesn't get aggro, 3 sparking, and IGing right after the spark and aps/HF/amp/pdef debuffing them asap and just DDing them down in 10 seconds or less. We usually have the cleric DD at times and skip the BB. No mob count needed.

Ah, gotcha. I've accidently had to do this technique in WS Fire when a mob was missed and our barb suddenly poofed from a 50k hit. Not sure I know many brave enough to do this though, lol.

It is nice because focused mind will reduce a 50k attack to 1 sometimes, they'll evade 1/3 of the attacks also, and even if the sin dies it takes more hits to bring the rest of the squad down and more time.

That's pretty much how I do it, although I rarely use HP when pulling. I prefer to actually tank rather than dodge that way I don't get out ahead of my cleric too far by chaining Bodhi and Cloud and HPs... or scrape mobs off on edge or reset them because I got too far ahead. In the first area I bodhi then vac and pull to the right side to get the tome, bb, kill. Then a second pull for the left side and tome. Then boss. Second area I walk half the first corridor healing with pots, then I Cloud Sprint to the center going clockwise to get the walkers and down the left side, then I cross in front of the boss to get the walkers there, setup bb and kill. Third I used to get one set north for mob count but sometimes you still end with only 25 mobs, lol. So now I just pull the straighter (shorter) south path and stop past the rocks, bb, kill. If I need more I grab a group then. Magic marrow on all pulls.

Slight trick in the first and second areas is to end with a quick "s" key to face the mobs incase you get immobilized you can leap into stun range but time it so they first group up.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Ah, gotcha. I've accidently had to do this technique in WS Fire when a mob was missed and our barb suddenly poofed from a 50k hit. Not sure I know many brave enough to do this though, lol.

It is nice because focused mind will reduce a 50k attack to 1 sometimes, they'll evade 1/3 of the attacks also, and even if the sin dies it takes more hits to bring the rest of the squad down and more time.

That's pretty much how I do it, although I rarely use HP when pulling. I prefer to actually tank rather than dodge that way I don't get out ahead of my cleric too far by chaining Bodhi and Cloud and HPs... or scrape mobs off on edge or reset them because I got too far ahead. In the first area I bodhi then vac and pull to the right side to get the tome, bb, kill. Then a second pull for the left side and tome. Then boss. Second area I walk half the first corridor healing with pots, then I Cloud Sprint to the center going clockwise to get the walkers and down the left side, then I cross in front of the boss to get the walkers there, setup bb and kill. Third I used to get one set north for mob count but sometimes you still end with only 25 mobs, lol. So now I just pull the straighter (shorter) south path and stop past the rocks, bb, kill. If I need more I grab a group then. Magic marrow on all pulls.

Slight trick in the first and second areas is to end with a quick "s" key to face the mobs incase you get immobilized you can leap into stun range but time it so they first group up.

Boss drops is actually the way to go in Warsong. Open multiple instances and just keep cooking on the bosses. One IG on the main aggroer (usually the OP sin) is usually plenty, idea is overkill with DPS and HF/Amp/Pdef Debuff. Without mistakes you get badges faster than lunar, however its once in a blue moon you dont have mistakes or a ton of waiting because of some issue. The boss kill method with the IG works in lunar, and as a BM prep to use a pan gu just in case the sin goes down or mistiming happens.

Badge runs in lunar we always do just right path (Drake Fling) because its faster and the gold mat is more profitable.

Ive tried leaping in the first valley (third its never needed, plenty of antistun time) and had like, **** results in both how the mobs group and it just not working. Im extremely picky about the mobs grouping up so thats why Ill use HP to get past everything so they all group up properly.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Best roll i've seen:

http://oi50.tinypic.com/2z6ia9s.jpg

One of my mentors, Kugav got that on his first roll today. Jesus.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Best roll i've seen:

http://oi50.tinypic.com/2z6ia9s.jpg

One of my mentors, Kugav got that on his first roll today. Jesus.

Max attack and crit; that's as good as it gets considering those are the 2 best stats. I envy his luck.

• XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Oh man I need to get my third cast axes fast! ><
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Oh man I need to get my third cast axes fast! ><

Me too.

That's just unfair.

I don't think I'll be third cast for some time. 112/210 Badges so far. Come on 2x, daddy needs to farm Lunar for badges!