archers need a nerf

Options
LOLCAPEPLoX - Sanctuary
LOLCAPEPLoX - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
First of all I just wanted to say this is not a QQ thread. After TWing on my server for a while I noticed that the most OP class is archer in TW. They can kill almost every arcane class with 1 shot if R999 +12. Its not fair that these cash shoppers or "farmers" get to completely dominate TW. Does anyone know if there will be a nerf in a future expansion to archers?

Here is one of the archers in my server who literally maxed his credit card and becomes unstoppable in TW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZExCOIlifAk&list=UU2RPIJiEkrVKqqbpSv-IVvQ&index=2 just from seeing the video you can tell how OP they are and definitely need a nerf
Post edited by LOLCAPEPLoX - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    This is definitely a QQ thread since there are no arcane class that archers can kill in 1 shot while equally geared. This makes your argument invalid. Please use a better argument if you want to be taken seriously.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I think Psy are more OP then archers at same refine and they have much better skills for PVP. So the only one that need to be nerf is psy. class.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    They can kill almost every arcane class with 1 shot if R999 +12.

I stopped reading right there.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Isn't the debate for archers suppose to be the other way around?

Many of them feel like they aren't.............that great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    A lot of long-term archers I know are rerolling Wizs and Seekers these days... including the one in that video.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I cant quite recall who said it before, but Archers are just good at efficiently taking out lower-geared AA/LA users. At endgame they're a lot less threatening...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I cant quite recall who said it before...

That would be the poster right above you.
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    thats funny im pretty sure the condition is "did i purge you yet?" before the real pain happens.b:chuckle

but for the record I think sins and venos are more disgusting.
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • darknessofmy
    darknessofmy Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    First of all I just wanted to say this is not a QQ thread. After TWing on my server for a while I noticed that the most OP class is archer in TW. They can kill almost every arcane class with 1 shot if R999 +12. Its not fair that these cash shoppers or "farmers" get to completely dominate TW. Does anyone know if there will be a nerf in a future expansion to archers?

Here is one of the archers in my server who literally maxed his credit card and becomes unstoppable in TW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZExCOIlifAk&list=UU2RPIJiEkrVKqqbpSv-IVvQ&index=2 just from seeing the video you can tell how OP they are and definitely need a nerf

Archer are most OP class. End game gears with 65pct+ criti chance not include base buff(+6pct criti chance).
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    to tell the true i dont think its the class yes some class have more advantage then others but GEAR IS THE KILLER HERE.

I twED A FEW WEEKS untill i saw how our servers alt faction OPness ***** the current faction i was on with mostly one shoots.

that i decided TW was not fun anymore.

almost any class can one shoou any class with best gear vs **** or less then op gear.

so unless you can dish out money like ur enemy can i would suggest stop wasting time with TW.

cos its the gap in gear wish is ur enemy not class in most cases.
  • Hannsel - Dreamweaver
    Hannsel - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Archer are most OP class. End game gears with 65pct+ criti chance not include base buff(+6pct criti chance).
    base buff is useless as they dont stack with stun/sta/qs crit buff
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    base buff is useless as they dont stack with stun/sta/qs crit buff

Totally stole what I was going to say :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Archers aren't OP.. lmao If anything they are underpowered imo
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Suikyo - Raging Tide
    Suikyo - Raging Tide Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    archers are weak at endgame, i mean, if u want to kil a r9.3 with a tt90, maybe there's the answer, if u compare an r9.3 archer to a wiz, seeker, psy, mystic, veno, barbarian, bm, or cleric with the same gear, well, yeah, archers are weak
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Well all I know is during NW today, the classes massacreing my seeker with the biggest hits in order were wizzies, clerics, archers and psychics.
  • truthhurtsouch
    truthhurtsouch Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    This archer is not only very well geared, he also got some skill to compliment his "OPness". Not to mention a coordinated squad with a good cleric.

TBH I think only a handful of players in the other factions are up to his gear heights or at least close to it and they are not getting 1 shot, not even close if buffed. It's all a matter of time while ppl catches up. Everyone knows an archer's strength lies on their purge so its expected to see 1 shots when this happens (eew BoA!!).

I would say though, it's quite the opposite. Arcane classes same gear have the advantage over archer. And yes... archers will forever be kings of tw (range purge pawns) along with wizzies and maybe psychics (1 shot capability even through full buff).
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Archers need a nerf.........................................LOL. What have you been smoking amigo?

You cant even herpdef on a n archer like most classes can, I need to play my archer safely and think about every move before hand just so I wont get rolled by seeker or AA's. Purify proc made archer extra range useless because most good geared players will be purified before dying which means I would need to get even closer just to have a fighting chance of solo killing a AA before it runs away. On the other hand, that same AA has a very high chance of 1-3 shotting me back while tanking me and other players with it.

I'm not even bad geared, I outgear most player but still feel like I'm heavily undergeared fighting other R999's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Equal geared archers wreck me, they are for me the most difficult of all classes to fight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

Why archers, they are squishy as hell, NERF gear not the class, when I played I had no problem killing archers who are not r9 with full JOSDS, besides OP is just trolling or incredibly simple - minded when you don`t realize that the power comes from gear and today gear is ridiculously overpowered which requires no skill at all in order to dominate your opponent!
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Why archers, they are squishy as hell, NERF gear not the class, when I played I had no problem killing archers who are not r9 with full JOSDS, besides OP is just trolling or incredibly simple - minded when you don`t realize that the power comes from gear and today gear is ridiculously overpowered which requires no skill at all in order to dominate your opponent!

if ur gona waste so much coin on full josd why not go for r9 or r999.

i dont get the full josd and use **** gear in the process.

if you can afford op shards u should have money for best gear to no.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    if ur gona waste so much coin on full josd why not go for r9 or r999.

i dont get the full josd and use **** gear in the process.

if you can afford op shards u should have money for best gear to no.

Since when r9 is considered as **** gear, what I said was r9 with JOSD`s is hard to kill (even a plain r9 by itself is easy to kill, OPness comes from shards and refines), anything below that is rather fair - game, it`s rare to see people with crappy gear with JOSD`s in it, only seen a few individuals with them in nirvana gear and warsoul helms who still have that from the previous times when that gear was the pinnacle of what the game has to offer.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    A lot of long-term archers I know are rerolling Wizs and Seekers these days... including the one in that video.

the one in that video should just reroll sage...but then again he probably still better plays apure caster class, archer does not seem to suit him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The game isn't completely balanced, by any means. Some classes have edges over others, which is supposed to happen. For example, magic-classes are weak against physical ones, and physical classes are weak against magic. This is pretty basic, and is common in most games including RPGs, dungeon crawlers, MMOs, etc. Archers fall under a mixed area, where they are weak against both magic/physical users to a certain degree. They have an edge over other physical classes, which allows them to target players and mobs from far away, utilizing skills.

Are they OP? Not really. Two things make a player powerful.

1.) Gear: This is pretty basic. In this game gear can make or break the player. Gear is important to factor into how powerful the player is. This game especially focuses heavy on gear. More so, than other games I've played. A R9S3 user can probably one shot most players who have anything less than R9S1 or Nirvana S2. This is simply due to the poor balancing of the game's damage system, PvP balancing, and how gear affects things.

2.) Skill of the player: Skill means a lot as well. When I was working with Nirvana S1 back in the day, R9 +12 users couldn't one shot me as long as I turtled quickly on my Barb. I could then escape. Though, I didn't have the ability to kill the R9 +12 user, I had the ability to not die. Which, in my book is thanks to quick acting and skills. Unfortunately, due to the game being so unbalanced in many aspects, the probability of being able to kill the player with better gear is challenging, even if you are good at the game.

Are classes unbalanced? Yes, for sure. I don't classify archers to be in that category, however. I think there are a few skills in the game (stealth), that aren't balanced very well, but what a lot of things come down to are the gear. A R9 S3 will most definitely kill you if you don't act quickly or have lesser gear.

So to the OP: Put down the pipe. It's going to be alright.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    Options
    if you played on older version or when teh game just come out and the cap was lv 60 and u rushed trew quest slowly you could almost feel when a rahcer was hunting you.

we hade T butten to use for our advanatge tho it was a lot of running and timming.

now days its ur in say west gate and leave sz and get shoot by archer and boom ur dead not cos of some skill heck it could be with just attack and ur still dead.

yes gear is the biggest factor not skill.

once ur rich or have made money merchanting and mind you not everyone can make a succesfull merchant or non would be rich.

only then can you talk about skill.

so its gear gear gera gear and gear and ops only at end its skill.

if you played old pw it was skill most of the time with just a tinie with of advanatge with charms wish is nothing to compare to gear of today.

also of note most of the pros on pvp server woudl never passed 100 if it was not frost
    cos see them ppl dont have time to grind old style making zen party.

dont have time and die just as fast without there pro gear.

it used to be hardcore and it was fun and it was skill.
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Archers are one of the most crappy classes out there. They're mediocre in damage, resistance, utility. Their strong point is only their badass range which's only useful for themselves on pvp.

A same-geared/refined any-class can deal so fine with an archer.
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Archers are fine as they are, mine is 500+ dex Full G16 w/ Xbow sage w/ almost all sage skills and he does AMAZING damage but he still gets taken down if too many people(keep in mind a lot of people have G16 these days) gank up on me in numbers.
    A same-geared/refined any-class can deal so fine with an archer.

That's actually incorrect. When 2 classes have same gear/refine comparison it comes down to play style. I've seen people pull off amazing combos and pawn while others just do basic combos, oh and the biggest 2 of all....who's charmed and what procs do they have(if any)? You can't honestly say that with a straight face as a R9R3 archer vs a R9R3 Psy's battle seems to go on forever if both people are good at their class(skill combos/when to heal).
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    And seekers are the most OP in 1v1 pk.

Wheres the QQ thread about that or should i just make one. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited March 2013