archers need a nerf

Options
2»

Comments

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I've got an Archer with R8, Nirvana, and TT99 gear. Pants, wrists, cape, all +10 with Vit shards, boots +9 with **** shards (ran ou tof funds), and TBH, I agree.

Archers do very high peak physical damage, partly to make up for their low APS.

Archers have crit, and on pure builds, a lot of power behind each unit of shot they expend. They have a ranged stun, one that can last up to 5 seconds, and a freeze. This means good crowd control.

The worst thing is, there isn't an easy way to fix Archers. What are you gonna do, reduce overall damage? Then the class would be useless. Reduce crit? Same thing.

It's bad enough that Archers can't have Zerk, but it's worse that Sins can. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    archers are far from overpowered..

a r9 +10 archer could not 1 shot my wiz which is wearing tt90 and r8 with 4.5k hp and 6k p def
    even though a r9 +10 psy was able to hit me for over 10k
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
  • Troll_demon - Harshlands
    Troll_demon - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    are you ****ing kidding me!? i already get killed easy by other classes while i cant kill them. nerfing archers will make it even worse, archers are the weakest class why make them even weaker? :(
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    thats funny im pretty sure the condition is "did i purge you yet?" before the real pain happens.b:chuckle

but for the record I think sins and venos are more disgusting.

sins and venos working together?b:chuckle
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    saying archers are OP only serves to say how they are driven to get R9 out of necessity, because then ALL R9 are OP
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    mogwai wrote: »
    saying archers are OP only serves to say how they are driven to get R9 out of necessity, because then ALL R9 are OP

I don't have R9, nor do I plan on getting it any time soon.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    R9 is OP, archer...not so much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Archers may not one shot me but they shoot off several arrows very fast. Archers are the class that kills me most. Half the time I can be getting shot from half way across the screeen while fighting someone else and I die before I can even turn around to see whats hitting me. When I look in my dmg log it's a freaking archer hitting me. If I do get turned around and ready to hit him he just steaths and jumps on me. I'm all +10 final cast rank 9, i'm only missing the josd and a couple refines at this point.

If archers should get any stronger then they need a range nerf.
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Archers may not one shot me but they shoot off several arrows very fast. Archers are the class that kills me most. Half the time I can be getting shot from half way across the screeen while fighting someone else and I die before I can even turn around to see whats hitting me. When I look in my dmg log it's a freaking archer hitting me. If I do get turned around and ready to hit him he just steaths and jumps on me. I'm all +10 final cast rank 9, i'm only missing the josd and a couple refines at this point.

If archers should get any stronger then they need a range nerf.

But that is a target you're not facing, sure if a wiz or any other class would hit an archer from behind, do you think he has any chance of surviving? Most likely not.. Archer is only good when you cant see it, its a class that can easily get 1 shot or chased away.

Mostly when an archer kills a equally geared target like a R999 toon with good refine and sharding is thanks to someone supporting that archer cus the archer itself isn't hitting hard enough to kill it in short time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    But that is a target you're not facing, sure if a wiz or any other class would hit an archer from behind, do you think he has any chance of surviving? Most likely not.. Archer is only good when you cant see it, its a class that can easily get 1 shot or chased away.

Mostly when an archer kills a equally geared target like a R999 toon with good refine and sharding is thanks to someone supporting that archer cus the archer itself isn't hitting hard enough to kill it in short time.

^this
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009