Do You Believe Spawn Killing Exists in NW?

Options
2»

Comments

• IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Really, your saying spawn killers lack the ability to make a conscious decision for themselves or that someone is forcing them to spawn camp.

This is the only argument I have heard from people who spawn kill/camp. And this is the exact same excuse serial killers use to absolve themselves of guilt 'Wasn't my fault. They should not have been there. They made me do. They were asking for it...ect' No one believes it when they say it, and no one believes it when you do.

If you are standing in a spawn zone waiting for people to respawn just so you can kill them, it is your fault. You are making the decision to do it, so take responsibility for your actions and stop trying to pawn it off on someone else.

People that spawn kill do it because it's easy, it takes less work and effort. So develop some maturity and just admit to it instead of using sociopathic mentalities to blame someone else for your actions.

I hereby declare that i stand close to enemy's spawn point just to kill them like there's no tomorrow.
    So, that way, we don't have to worry about them interfering with our flag carrier. There. Said it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I hereby declare that i stand close to enemy's spawn point just to kill them like there's no tomorrow.
    So, that way, we don't have to worry about them interfering with our flag carrier. There. Said it

I second this, I will admit I am often found in the spawn area as this is where the flag carrier must run through to get to the other side. I got sick of being in losing nations and if I have to revert to clearing out a few people to win a land then I will do so.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Really, your saying spawn killers lack the ability to make a conscious decision for themselves or that someone is forcing them to spawn camp.

This is the only argument I have heard from people who spawn kill/camp. And this is the exact same excuse serial killers use to absolve themselves of guilt 'Wasn't my fault. They should not have been there. They made me do. They were asking for it...ect' No one believes it when they say it, and no one believes it when you do.

If you are standing in a spawn zone waiting for people to respawn just so you can kill them, it is your fault. You are making the decision to do it, so take responsibility for your actions and stop trying to pawn it off on someone else.

People that spawn kill do it because it's easy, it takes less work and effort. So develop some maturity and just admit to it instead of using sociopathic mentalities to blame someone else for your actions.

The difference between this and serial killing is that this is a game whereas serial killing is a real life crime. In this game you have the ability to defend yourself. In real life you may not necessarily have the chance. Sorry, no invincibility in real life. No coming back from the dead either. In a game, my job is to kill you, so if you stand there you're going to die. Its a part of the game mechanics, and both my team, my nation and I benefit from killing you. Your comparison is rather flawed.

Its kinda of pointless to NOT kill someone. They'll still QQ. Thats why i kill whoever now.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • burningsweetfire
    burningsweetfire Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Spawn Point killing - a person that stays near spawn killing helpless people that spawns....

What is not spawn point killing, which ever team, defense or offense gets the flag, they will have to pass your spawn and may consider killing you to stop resistance from capping the flag. There is nothing unfair about this strategy since it's the only strategy that the team can use to protect the flag runner. They're only killing you to stop the resistance, if you want to avoid this, just run to the middle if you want and let them cap the flag, or be killed trying to stop the flag.

Although, there is really no such thing as spawn point killing in NW, since you gotta kill to stop the resistance and you respawn with like 8 seconds of invincibility, 1 spark and 50 chi, and buffs, I mean REALLY? even TW is not that grateful. I don't really care if I get killed near spawn, at least I get a chance to fight back unlike in TW where I spawn seal and get knock down silly. Go use 1 skill or aoe or debuff or purge or whatever, you got 8 seconds.
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    TieIer - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    it does exist and there is sometimes no escape like when u get half or more of the team to do it its also funny as hell
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • burningsweetfire
    edited February 2013
    Options
    it does exist and there is sometimes no escape like when u get half or more of the team to do it its also funny as hell

Use this to your advantage, just run back to your flag point, and if they follow you, that's good, you keep them distracted and they probably have to burn two holy path to get to you and get back to their positions. Sometimes killing isn't everything. Just last NW, I knew I couldn't kill a barb and he was about to capture the flag and I know he can kill me, so I would just keep stunning him and immobilizing him till help came, but I did not try to kill him. When you spawn do what a bm do, bring out your best aoe and try to wipe them in 8 secs.
  • LOLZTehboso - Harshlands
    LOLZTehboso - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Havnt been spawn killed yet

do you die? :L you've always striked me as one of the actually cata barbs with insane hp and defence :p
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options

This is a joke post, right? Equating a game to reality? Give me a break.

I tab people in spawn points as I pass by. If that makes me a 'spawnkiller' then okay. So be it. Why do I do it? Because the ultimate goal of NW is to win battles. Sure, the flag is what wins the battle, but suppressing the other side is a means to an end. It's not some sociopathic urge to murder other players. Fundamentally, I am here to get points for myself and to help my nation win. Do I think it's boring to sit at a spawn point and 'camp'? Sure, but I don't fault other people for it.

The mechanics of the game allow you uber temporary buffs to your attack and temporary invicibility as well as non-timed buffs to your HP and defense. If you cannot get away in that time, that is your problem. Your inability to survive is not the failing of the 'spawncamper.' You're right, they made a choice to initiate it. So I guess the other side to that is you make a choice to sit there and die?

If you cannot fend off your campers, as I often haven't been able to do, then I run away. Do I always get away? Nope. Do I always succeeded in fending off my attackers? Nope. Do I take it personally? Nope. It's a game. Get over it. If they are swarming you and it's futile. Leave the battle. There is nothing preventing you from doing so and returning later.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    This is a joke post, right? Equating a game to reality? Give me a break.

I tab people in spawn points as I pass by. If that makes me a 'spawnkiller' then okay. So be it. Why do I do it? Because the ultimate goal of NW is to win battles. Sure, the flag is what wins the battle, but suppressing the other side is a means to an end. It's not some sociopathic urge to murder other players. Fundamentally, I am here to get points for myself and to help my nation win. Do I think it's boring to sit at a spawn point and 'camp'? Sure, but I don't fault other people for it.

The mechanics of the game allow you uber temporary buffs to your attack and temporary invicibility as well as non-timed buffs to your HP and defense. If you cannot get away in that time, that is your problem. Your inability to survive is not the failing of the 'spawncamper.' You're right, they made a choice to initiate it. So I guess the other side to that is you make a choice to sit there and die?

If you cannot fend off your campers, as I often haven't been able to do, then I run away. Do I always get away? Nope. Do I always succeeded in fending off my attackers? Nope. Do I take it personally? Nope. It's a game. Get over it. If they are swarming you and it's futile. Leave the battle. There is nothing preventing you from doing so and returning later.

Decus - you're a smart guy. I have read a lot of your posts and you're reasoning is pretty much spot on with many things and we often share the same views. However, I think in this instance, your attempts to make the QQing population of this game understand something is in vain unfortunately my friend.
    QQers are always going to QQ.
    The fact of the matter is theres so much drama llama on these forums over this specific Pvp event because people feel that they are being wronged by rewards offered by the NW event not being handed to them on a silver platter.

There is no such QQ over tournament or ToB.

Does it matter if spawn killing exists?
    No. whether it does or doesnt people are not going to change the way they play the game because someone got butthurt and wrote it on the forums. People can say whatever they want about going to NW but we all know the reason its popular is because of the rewards. Because its popular its fun. And im sure this is another reason people attend but again the fundamental reason behind this is because of the reward.

If you cant handle the emotional challenge of accepting that you are simply not good enough at PVP to walk in one direction after dying for a little while so you dont die then i just suggest you dont go to NW.

Dont expect that by posting on the forums or by QQing in pms that we, the evil and murderous blood-lusting "spawn killers", will show you sympathy. Most will just carry on killing and just laugh at you.

Heres a tip. If you're pming me about being spawn killed - this means you're not fighting whether that be in the sense of using skills or moving around the instance for better positioning hence - youre likely to be spawn killed again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    TieIer - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Use this to your advantage, just run back to your flag point, and if they follow you, that's good, you keep them distracted and they probably have to burn two holy path to get to you and get back to their positions. Sometimes killing isn't everything. Just last NW, I knew I couldn't kill a barb and he was about to capture the flag and I know he can kill me, so I would just keep stunning him and immobilizing him till help came, but I did not try to kill him. When you spawn do what a bm do, bring out your best aoe and try to wipe them in 8 secs.

id rather jsut fight lol then i get points
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • G_tar_God - Dreamweaver
    G_tar_God - Dreamweaver Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Id's say you need a 3rd option. As someone mentioned b4, the only spawn killing happens when you first enter the instance and hav no immunity. Anything else after is not spawn killing in my opinion.
    If you get extra dmg upon comin bak, it's used to kill someone. The immunity runs out after 10ish secs so u can be killed afterwards. People complaining about spawn killing kinda reminds me of people complainin about someone using Expel, just stupid arguements.
    The reason the term Spawn Killing exists in PWI is because in TW, rezing bak at the spawn point, u are left helpless and unable to defend urself. Thats the reason its taboo to kill people on a spawn point in TW.

In NW, you dont rez bak helpless, hell u rez back with an advantage of an extra dmg buff. There's no reason for it to b such a horror. Any1 can easily run away from the spawn point itself, if your comp/internet cant allow u to run away, it's ur own fault, this game has system requirements for a reason. If ur complainin about spawn killin because u did run and someone ran after u and killed ya, im sorry to say but all u did was just delayed the inevitable.

If it got to the point of PWI actually doin somethin about spawn killing in NW, maybe somethin like giv everyone that rez's bak a melee sword like u get in Blood Theatre that basically 1 shots or kills urself. And say the sword only stays equiped for a certain area around the spawn point. I dunno, just throwin out ideas xD
    G_tar_God ~ 104
    Aussie represent for PWI

"Life without music would be a mistake..." [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    10 seconds is not nearly long enough.

NW is headed for it to eventually nolonger be cost efficient with a charm. With hp in the 15k-25k range it takes awhile to fill up. It also takes awhile to self buff even.

If you die with your genie empty and your apoth on cool down and you are not charmed...then you are flat out screwed if a final cast r9 or n3 character is waiting for you at the respawn point. Even if you are charmed for the sake of arguement, if your genie is drained and your apoth is on cd then your still screwed if my final cast wizzy is sitting fully buffed waiting for you to respawn. Thats not to mention that chances are you will respawn with atleast 3 other toons surrounding you.

It is even more unfair if your mellee and your surrounded by ranged attackers just outside your range at the respawn area.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    10 seconds is not nearly long enough.

NW is headed for it to eventually nolonger be cost efficient with a charm. With hp in the 15k-25k range it takes awhile to fill up. It also takes awhile to self buff even.

If you die with your genie empty and your apoth on cool down and you are not charmed...then you are flat out screwed if a final cast r9 or n3 character is waiting for you at the respawn point. Even if you are charmed for the sake of arguement, if your genie is drained and your apoth is on cd then your still screwed if my final cast wizzy is sitting fully buffed waiting for you to respawn. Thats not to mention that chances are you will respawn with atleast 3 other toons surrounding you.

It is even more unfair if your mellee and your surrounded by ranged attackers just outside your range at the respawn area.

So leave the battle? No one forces you to sit there and tank it.
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Just leave the battle...what a solution. Thats alot like don't bother with Nw at all. Killing newly respawned players is such a popular tactic that I don't think I have been in any battle for several weeks where atleast one side does not attempt it. But yeah, just give up- thats the best option.b:shocked

Players should respawn somewhere away from the fight or have some sort of effective protection. The current protection is not effective for most players. Therefore spawn killing does exist and does take away from the fun of the game, and does discourage players from participating.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Players should respawn somewhere away from the fight

So no one can oppose you while you're running flag amirite?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    If you're being spawn camped by r9rr squads and you're r8 or nirvy, then tbh you probably lost anyway even if you weren't spawn camped. It's just the sad truth. There is too much gear difference irregardless.

If you actually have a chance and got other r9rr on your side, then those r9rr would be keeping people busy and away from the spawn points. If everyone had equal gears then those 8 seconds would be more than enough time to either wipe out people at the spawn or run away. The fundamental problem is gear difference, not spawn camping.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • The_Cure_ - Dreamweaver
    The_Cure_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I often stay at spawn to try and help people get away when getting "spawn" killed. Does this get me killed, yes. Do some of my team mates get away? Yes. I believe this helps them. I also use a tactic where I taunt spawn killers and get them to follow me to the middle. This has been highly effective. I mostly just want to see my team get the most out of the instance. By my class and current gear, I am not going to make a ton of tokens. I leave that farming to my husband. I go for fun and to support him.

The solution that would help most, would be like another PWE title that has a spawn platform. You can't get killed on the platform and if you don't move off the platform in a certain amount of time, you teleport out of instance. This would neatly solve two of the problems that people complain about, afkers and spawn kills.
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    While I agree that spawn camping is pretty annoying, you can escape most times when you fly... Hardly anyone will bother following you, as there are more easily reachable targets around very likely, especially when you accelrate.
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
    edited March 2013
    Options
    If you're being spawn camped by r9rr squads and you're r8 or nirvy, then tbh you probably lost anyway even if you weren't spawn camped. It's just the sad truth. There is too much gear difference irregardless.
    Pretty much this. If I am able to kill someone after the immunity has run out then I am able to kill them in the middle of the background just as easily. There is plenty of time to self buff yourself and realistically those are the only buffs you get in the middle of a war anyway so if you can't fight back from that point then I can't help you.

I am also sick of people complaining about not having a charm and having to wait to heal up. This was designed as a pk instance and if you complain about not having a charm then that is your decision, please realise that in most cases you wouldn't be able to stand up against anyone anyway. Yes the cost of a charm will now outweigh the profit you could make, but I personally believe if you are just in there for the profit then you could consider making profits elsewhere and stop with the qqing.

Yes spawn point killing does exist, it is a tactic used for a number of reasons. There are ways to avoid it, and noone is forcing anyone to go to NW.
  • mechmon3
    mechmon3 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    It is a war, I go where it is best to help complete the objective. If my enemies are in the base i will kill them to help win. It is useless to stand around, waiting for enemies to come to you when you can be more helpful to your team.
  • The_Cure_ - Dreamweaver
    The_Cure_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I personally believe if you are just in there for the profit then you could consider making profits elsewhere and stop with the qqing.

This statement I completely agree with! I go for fun, yes I die quite a bit . . . as I said, I am not geared appropriately yet, but I have a great load of fun. Get out of the spawn point, try some tactics of your own, but most of all try and have fun.
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    A few NWs ago, I had a funny situation. It was 20 v 8, I was on the 20. The other 8 people were r9r3+10-12. I came in half way through, and the entire time, the opponent were at our spawn points. The funny thing is that all they did was try to spawn kill, we just picked up the flag and literally won without much resistance.
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Spawn Killing is a proof that they are afraid of you. They want to kill you while you are weak ''if you dont have hp charm'' but real players fight equally, real player fight like a man. Not like kids, waiting on top of the tree near spawn point and then 1 shot the person who just spawned.
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Last NW I was in entered an instance and boom dead. It happens. I presently only NW with my BM since my pay isn't quite ready. But when I revive, I run like Hell or attack those that are spawn killing. I have found with the new map, that it is less frequently r9s, and if I respawn in the same spot I stun the one that spawn killed me and have my redemption. I love squishy sins.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Spawn Killing is a proof that they are afraid of you. They want to kill you while you are weak ''if you dont have hp charm'' but real players fight equally, real player fight like a man. Not like kids, waiting on top of the tree near spawn point and then 1 shot the person who just spawned.

Lol you do realize this is a game, right? What if the player is a girl? Is she supposed to be a man also? =p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    Options

I am a little confused as to what the difference of being one shot in the spawn area to being one shot in the middle of the map? If you don't have a HP charm that is your choice, if you don't have decent gear that is something you need to work on, if someone wants to kill you in the spawn area that is their choice. If you don't like it do something about it, buy a HP charm, get better gear, leave battle and join a new war or even go as far as stop doing nation war altogether as your qqing is not something a "real man" would do.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Playing PWI for fun

Living in 2013

You may pick one.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

/QQ yet?

a "real player" plays the most efficient way, and that includes shutting you down before you have the chance to be a nuisance.

holy **** guys you have 12 sec AD just chain it with forti IG and abuse 24 sec immunity
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • burningsweetfire
    edited April 2013
    Options
    /QQ yet?

a "real player" plays the most efficient way, and that includes shutting you down before you have the chance to be a nuisance.

holy **** guys you have 12 sec AD just chain it with forti IG and abuse 24 sec immunity

Plus the new update gave people that spawned like a triple sparked increased damage!

I laugh at people say they want a real fight... I mean it's group PVP not a 1v1. It's always unfair in a group PVP zone because sometimes your gonna be outnumbered and if your not with your squad, you WILL get ganked. But personally, people just QQ whatever they want, I had a cleric QQ at me because I saw him about to sleep the flag carrier and I KO him before he can then called me a nub... like wtf?

If you want to PK for real, don't do it in NW. Go 1v1 with someone in the west district.