Solo Boss techniques

Options
2»

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Maybe you said that in reverse? It takes about 3 to 4 seconds to Leech and resummon including your healing up your summon.

(For those worried about wasting a spark, you get a nice bonus in exchange for your hard earned spark.)

I would think an entire squad would die while waiting for you to transfer a healthy amount of mana to your summon and then regain it yourself to continue on. Unless maybe if you are always charmed and just leave Transference on continuously while your charm ticks away. *shrugs*

Transference is not more long than leech and resummon a summon. Plus half of time when we resummon mistress need to waste 5-10 seconds to make her do her skill and not melee attack.

The thread is about solo, which mean no squad to keep alive.

3 sparks: 700% m.att and 25% less damage taken (all damage) for 15 seconds.

Mistress leech: 200% m.att and 100% m.def (mystic already have great m.def so lol) for 20 seconds.

Ok some people would say 20 sec is more long, but I'm sage and get back full chi before 20 seconds and I can 3 spark back to back if I don't leech or waste spark on vital herb.

I personally prefer the constant 700% m.att and 25% all damage reduction then 200% m.att and m.def. I keep mistress DDing on boss, I drop Befuddling Creeper and use falling petals and when needed BitC. When I solo a boss I don't waste my chi in leech or thicket (if was demon maybe, but as sage when solo a boss I don't).

Is it the only way to solo? No of course not, is it the best way? Maybe not, but it's how I personally do it.

In COA I can kill a boss in 2-3 minutes like that, I saw mystics better gears/weap then me take 5-10 minutes kill one boss in COA, do they save mp pots? Maybe, but at the end they have 3-6 boss (1-3 PoF) killed while I get 10-15 boss (5-8 PoF). Pages on my server worth 600k so 3m-4,8m while the other make 600k-1.8m, do I need to say that the 2.4m-3m that I get more then the other mystic is way enough to pay the mp pots I used. Even If I used 250 mp pots I still make more money then the person that ''saved'' mp pots.

^ but that's for something like COA, the reward worth the mp cost. In something like solo Blackhole, the reward is the same nvm the time I take to kill him so if I can save a few pots by maybe taking 1 minute more I will do it, but that's for 1 more minute I would not take 5-10 minutes to do something I can do in 1-2 minutes just to save mp pots.

Edit: I'll add that it's how I do it as sage mystic, if I was demon I would maybe not use the same way to do, as sage I get a lot of chi with NV and Master Li's Technique which make me able to 3 sparks back to back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    For the few people left who still don't comprehend - Trip spark + mistress IS the best way to DD, especially on "?" bosses. There is no question. It can't be argued any other way. Look at the numbers.
    And yes mystics are quite sexy in COA- i take in 230-250 orbs on non 2x.
    edited March 2013
    Options
    klys wrote: »
    And yes mystics are quite sexy in COA- i take in 230-250 orbs on non 2x.

Yup, with my G16+4 I kill a boss in 2-3 minutes while R9 wizz/cleric take 5-10 minutes. xD

Invigorate and mistress give us a big advantage there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Why use transference?

If you are using Salvation, then the MP burns through really fast. With upgraded transferrence you can be using martyrdom to protect on person in a squad, heal and buff another.

By the time you sacrificed one summons and summoned another, several squad members would be dead.

Transference is not more long than leech and resummon a summon. Plus half of time when we resummon mistress need to waste 5-10 seconds to make her do her skill and not melee attack.

The thread is about solo, which mean no squad to keep alive.

3 sparks: 700% m.att and 25% less damage taken (all damage) for 15 seconds.

Mistress leech: 200% m.att and 100% m.def (mystic already have great m.def so lol) for 20 seconds.

Ok some people would say 20 sec is more long, but I'm sage and get back full chi before 20 seconds and I can 3 spark back to back if I don't leech or waste spark on vital herb.

I personally prefer the constant 700% m.att and 25% all damage reduction then 200% m.att and m.def. I keep mistress DDing on boss, I drop Befuddling Creeper and use falling petals and when needed BitC. When I solo a boss I don't waste my chi in leech or thicket (if was demon maybe, but as sage when solo a boss I don't).

Is it the only way to solo? No of course not, is it the best way? Maybe not, but it's how I personally do it.

Well, the context of that part of the discussion included squads. *giggles*

Thanks to your post, I AM going to look into ways of using my Triple Spark more. I find it hard to believe Mistress will do more damage than Craglord, but Im always willing to learn something new.

Thanks! :)
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I find it hard to believe Mistress will do more damage than Craglord, but Im always willing to learn something new.

How does 20 seconds vs constant skill spam even compare, talking a 1 on 1 situation...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Thanks to your post, I AM going to look into ways of using my Triple Spark more. I find it hard to believe Mistress will do more damage than Craglord, but Im always willing to learn something new.

Thanks! :)

I won't waste 2 sparks for a summon when I can 3 sparks and do 700% damage myself plus mistress DDing.

I personally don't use Cragg really, actually he could not exist and I would not even care. I always use Mistress and keep chi for me to spark (in PVE) and in PVP I use devil, Salvation mainly and Mistress sometime.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Hmmm I prefer craggy in tough situations where mistress would just get oneshot. Or at the delta waves that interrupt. Very handy in that scenario.

But besides that... eh. Everything else does better damage. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2013
    Options
    Hmmm I prefer craggy in tough situations where mistress would just get oneshot. Or at the delta waves that interrupt. Very handy in that scenario.

But besides that... eh. Everything else does better damage. lol

Yea before had lucky break I was using sometime in delta, but with lucky break+GF everything die pretty fast. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Davasque - Sanctuary
    Davasque - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Since a lot of ppl here suggest that the mystic is the one who should tank, is it still ok if I go pure mag? Or should I go for light armor or more vit build?

I made my mystic with barebone stats (6mag+1str every 2 lvl), so I can still change to light armor build or arcane build with vit..
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Since a lot of ppl here suggest that the mystic is the one who should tank, is it still ok if I go pure mag? Or should I go for light armor or more vit build?

I made my mystic with barebone stats (6mag+1str every 2 lvl), so I can still change to light armor build or arcane build with vit..

I'm pure magic and always been and always tanked myself. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2013
    Options

Well, of course, since this thread is about solo, you are naturally a tank...healer, BM and your own DPS too. There's no one else in there afterall.
    edited March 2013
    Options
    How does 20 seconds vs constant skill spam even compare, talking a 1 on 1 situation...?

So, the problem is a resummon? With a Storm Mistress or Devil in between? I dont see it as a problem personally. Managing sparks and mana is not a problem for you is it?

Leech Mistress or Devil and summon Craggy. I wonder which does more damage...Triple Spark + Mistress or Leech Mistress + Rapid Growth + Craggy.

Ill give you that for PK you dont want to wrap your mind around a lot of fancy moves - that maybe could be all your opponent needs to finish you off, but a thread about soloing is not about PK.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Pure magic is very fine, as long as you gear up. Not really a problem with G16 around nowadays.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Davasque - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Pure magic is very fine, as long as you gear up. Not really a problem with G16 around nowadays.

I tried to solo fb19 boss yesterday at level 29. At first I tried to tank, but after seeing its damage per hit is almost 50% of my hp I decided to let the devil tank. Petals can't save me, I survive because I use charms :(
    I wear dreamchaser gears and weapon which usually kinda OP..
    So I just heal the devil and drop several nature vengeance and swirling mist every now and then until the boss die.

I tried to kill that boss before with a 27 veno + glacial. Although level 27 glacial has higher hp and pdef than level 29 devil, the veno failed because pet heal has longer cast time and cooldown, not as spammable as summon heal.

I think "pretending I'm a veno" still works, at least in fb19 bosses.. b:surrender
    Maybe because I'm still a newb mystic tho -_-, but I'll definitely try other strategy when I learn some new skills..
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I tried to solo fb19 boss yesterday at level 29. At first I tried to tank, but after seeing its damage per hit is almost 50% of my hp I decided to let the devil tank. Petals can't save me, I survive because I use charms :(
    I wear dreamchaser gears and weapon which usually kinda OP..
    So I just heal the devil and drop several nature vengeance and swirling mist every now and then until the boss die.

I tried to kill that boss before with a 27 veno + glacial. Although level 27 glacial has higher hp and pdef than level 29 devil, the veno failed because pet heal has longer cast time and cooldown, not as spammable as summon heal.

I think "pretending I'm a veno" still works, at least in fb19 bosses.. b:surrender
    Maybe because I'm still a newb mystic tho -_-, but I'll definitely try other strategy when I learn some new skills..

There's no FB19 for EG...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Davasque - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    There's no FB19 for EG...

I was doing dens of rabid wolf for my veno because I failed to do it with my veno..
  • MistressAni - Raging Tide
    MistressAni - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    For most map bosses just fly above them send the DevilChihyu or Storm Mistress down and watch them safely kill the boss. All you got to do is maintain their Mp , drop a creeper or poison sting and DD when you can while flying.

This doesn't work when the bosses have a ranged attack but most time it sends the boss into a sleep trance.

Also some bosses like the QuailHog King will move after they've lost a certain amount of Hp. Simple call the summon a little away from them and resend back so their Hp doesn't reset ^^
    edited March 2013
    Options
    For most map bosses just fly above them send the DevilChihyu or Storm Mistress down and watch them safely kill the boss.

That is apparantly a bannable offense to use that glitch for venos so I think it is also for mystics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MistressAni - Raging Tide
    MistressAni - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    That is apparantly a bannable offense to use that glitch for venos so I think it is also for mystics.

Hmm thanks for that little insight Bella O_O I really wasn't aware of that I always thought I was being tactical using the storm mistress as she a ranged attacker *sigh*