Options
mrcharlytoo
mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Mystic
In the low levels, I tried something like this:

Attack with Devil/Mistress
Throw in a plant
Stand back and heal Summons.

With mid-level bosses that simply doesn't work as the Summon is killed in two hits.

So now I'm trying this:

Summon Salvation and top up its mana
Use Martyerdom on myself
Attack Boss directly, throwing down vital herb and creeper
Cast Falling Petals + Transferrence now and then

Seems to work ok. Fails when boss aoe kills summon - but a quick FP+resummon+VH helps.
Post edited by mrcharlytoo on

Comments

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    You're not a veno.

Vital Herb is for squad healing: NOT solo
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • mrcharlytoo
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Gosh, what a useful and informative response.

So, I shouldn't use Vital Herb because it is useful in squads?

Really, really don't see how that makes it useless when soloing a boss.

"I'm not a veno"
    Thank you for informing me. I was wondering why I couldn't tranform into a fox or tame anything.
  • Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »

Vital herb is like additional player - a cler. When we summon our vital we can say we team with a cler for a time - the herb heal us so we can spam attack the boss. Its nice at any time - unless we prefer to use spark for sth else.

About soloing a boss at higher lvl: I put petals on me and summon Devil as a dder (and stunner if stun works on the specific boss). Then I attack the boss (with Nature's Vengeance to keep aggro and be free to cast a fast skill when needed without waiting for Absorb to stop casting) in combo with Befuddling Creeper (or Spidervine if the boss hit me too much) - renewing petals when they run off and casting basic every now and then if the boss hits strong. As soon as I get enough chi I cast vital herb and eihter spam att the boss or renew petals and attack the boss - depending how much heal I need. When when Vital diseapear and gets on cooldown I eihter put back petals on me or return to petals+basic heal combination depending how much heal I need. I use Vital whenever it is out of cooldown though - I don't like depend only on my healing skills - when I lag and don't cast a heal on me I die - but Vital can keep me save for 20 seconds. I don't care about chi much - fast skills make me gain chi really fast, usually when Vital is gone I have my 3 fury and 99 chi back so I can cast vital and 3rd fury at almost same time.

About aoe bosses - I don't care much, heal my Devil or resummon it when I have time and dont rely on Vital as much as usually (I watch my HP more carefully - ready to cast Break if it drop too much, also keep petals almost all the time on me). Its not like I cant survive without my summons. They just help me kill faster.

Sometimes I use other strategy though. Some bosses are not immune for stun, seal, immobility and knock back. So if I feel the boss hits me too strong for petals, Vital + fury combo to be effective I take another strategy - Devil for stun (and dd) and Nature Vengeance + Gale Force,Bramble Tornado and Debuffing Creeper... the boss can't even touch me. But I cannot use 3rd fury then - Gale force and Tornado need chi.

Yeah, I know Salvation is good for survivality and Storm is better dder than Devil but I am just too lazy to use Transference xD. I wish I could buy a mp charm for my summons...
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I use myself as tank, I use mistress as second DDer, I keep falling petal on me, use the needed plants and heal me when needed and everything go fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I use myself as tank, I use mistress as second DDer, I keep falling petal on me, use the needed plants and heal me when needed and everything go fine.

This. You're not a veno, most things can be killed way more efficiently than focus on healing that summon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rossaria - Sanctuary
    Rossaria - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I just loled. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • X_Belen_x - Dreamweaver
    X_Belen_x - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Throwing down a healing herb helps a bit as well, when you, the mystic, is doing the tanking. Unless ofc the boss aoes, then that's pretty much useless, but if it doesn't aoe, healing herb is quite useful. If chihyu can tank the boss, I let him, and I throw out creeper, and tangling mire to help him out. But as long as you find a few strategies that work for you, that's all that should matter. Don't fix it if it isn't broken.
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Throwing down a healing herb helps a bit as well, when you, the mystic, is doing the tanking. Unless ofc the boss aoes, then that's pretty much useless, but if it doesn't aoe, healing herb is quite useful. If chihyu can tank the boss, I let him, and I throw out creeper, and tangling mire to help him out. But as long as you find a few strategies that work for you, that's all that should matter. Don't fix it if it isn't broken.

That must be long, you have more attack and def than devil and you can heal yourself, next time tank yourself and use mistress as second DD you will see how fast it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited February 2013
    Options
    Ehh, I prefer chihyu as a DD because it can also DD without having to use mana, I mean I still fill up its mana before a fight. And so what if it takes me longer? If it works, that's all that should matter right? I'm sorry, I play for my own enjoyment of the game, not other's.
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Ehh, I prefer chihyu as a DD because it can also DD without having to use mana, I mean I still fill up its mana before a fight. And so what if it takes me longer? If it works, that's all that should matter right? I'm sorry, I play for my own enjoyment of the game, not other's.

You should play however you like, there's no doubt about that. But if using less mp is what you're after you should know that using your pets to tank and having to transfer mp to them and healing them and maybe dding yourself, it takes a longer time and ends up taking more mp than if you just tanked yourself, let the pets dd and just resummoning them. You don't have to transfer mp and u finish faster.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Ehh, now that my defences are higher than they used to be, I usually just tank everything I can myself, because, I can heal myself for alot cheaper than healing chihyu. Ofc, wehn I'm questing, I send chihyu out on its own, while I attack another mob...but that's a different story. XD.

And half the time, I have more hp, and pdef than chihyu, and ofc always more mdef...so...I really only use it as a DD, unless I have sparks, then otu comes cragglord, I love the guy. Hehe. Did a bh 39 earlier (only lvl 60 atm, was 59 at the time), and on herc trioc...he took out over 50k hp, in his 20 secs of existance. XD So using cragglord is definately a viable option for DDing when ur soloing, ratehr than say, casting thicket. XD If you compare his damage int hat 20 sec, to other classe's 59 attacks....for the 2 sparks we spend, we get alot more than even wizzy with lvl 11 BIDS (black ice dragon strike), at comparitive levels of course. So, basically, if the boss doesn't aoe, throw down a healing herb, and use break when needed, and use either chihyu or mistress as DD, chihyu if you want to save on mp, and when you have the sparks, instead of going for the automatic thicket, or sparking (sparking nice too ofc), send out cragglord. Things die fast when you unleash the kraken, in a sense.
  • SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
    SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Interesting reading I'm thinking about making yet another alt this time I would like to try mystic. I enjoy my mains but I want to try something a bit different. And honestly you can't get more different than a mystic. Planning on doing my usual 1-59 lvls the good old fashion way and if I like it then well xD enough said.
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred
  • fatkidsownall
    fatkidsownall Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Can you guys plz tell me what build you are using ? i'm wondering if it is Arcane armor or Light Armor ?!
  • mrcharlyplustwo
    mrcharlyplustwo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Arcane
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I'm arcane pure magic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    People still use Transference? Why? Its time consuming and mana consuming.

Why not Leech your summons, when its MP is running out, for its bonus and then resummon? Either way, you are using mana, lol.

AA gears, still working on pure magic. Still have some points in Vit.
  • mrcharlyplustwo
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Why use transference?

If you are using Salvation, then the MP burns through really fast. With upgraded transferrence you can be using martyrdom to protect on person in a squad, heal and buff another.

By the time you sacrificed one summons and summoned another, several squad members would be dead.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    People still use Transference? Why? Its time consuming and mana consuming.

Because my summon might be tanking.

Or maybe because I got the mp easily, but don't want to have that downtime in my DD.

Or maybe because there's a stupid bug of your summon auto attacking when you resummon it after it ran out of mp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited February 2013
    Options

Or maybe because there's a stupid bug of your summon auto attacking when you resummon it after it ran out of mp.

^ Oh my gosh just for that it worth to use transference. I hate that ''bug''.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Right-click on the skill you want the summon to use twice after summoning it. Should start using it properly again (or improperly in the case of Salvation).
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    This "bug" happens when u resummon b4 your summon dies- it doesnt have anything to do with mana. To fix it you can do as CapnK said.
    Also if you use a summon on a boss for dd, use a mistress- it's the only summon that justifies having to stop spamming NV for transference or pet heal. If you're using a devil it means you're half-assing it.
    Triple sparking also gives more overall dmg to the boss - instead of leeching whatever- so don't waste sparks.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Right-click on the skill you want the summon to use twice after summoning it. Should start using it properly again (or improperly in the case of Salvation).

I know how to fix it. But I also remember a time where it didn't happen b:surrender
    (Basically before you could just resummon things)

Also, klys is right. If I'm full time DDing, I'm sparking and spamming skills. Easier to just use transfusion instead of wasting sparks on leech.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• mrcharlytoo
    edited February 2013
    Options
    klys wrote: »
    Also if you use a summon on a boss for dd, use a mistress- it's the only summon that justifies having to stop spamming NV for transference or pet heal. If you're using a devil it means you're half-assing it.

Devil is good on level ? mobs. Still does decent damage.
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    "Decent" damage is all relevant - smacking a boss with your wand gives "decent" damage when you compare it to yelling loudly in the boss' general direction.

I'm talking about using mystics to their maximum potential
  • mrcharlytoo
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Ok, if I fight Chin in TT 1-1, my devil does as much damage per hit as NV. I'm only lvl83 and hence my skill damage against lvl ? mobs is pathetic.
    Both Stinging Nettle and Devil's normal phys attacks don't get reduced.

So in this case it *is* making the most of the potential of the Mystic.
  • Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options

I know how to fix it. But I also remember a time where it didn't happen b:surrender
    (Basically before you could just resummon things)

There is a way that always work - disable (right click) aysummon skill right before resumonning and enable (right click) the wanted skill afterthe summon is back there.

The double right click might work but might not work. My way - right click, resummon, right click - always work. Unless I forget to do it. xD
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Options
    So in this case it *is* making the most of the potential of the Mystic.

Mistress hits harder than devil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Yeah all pets have no damage reduction against '?' bosses. And cause mistress is a skill spammer it does more damage than devil auto attacking.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Why use transference?

If you are using Salvation, then the MP burns through really fast. With upgraded transferrence you can be using martyrdom to protect on person in a squad, heal and buff another.

By the time you sacrificed one summons and summoned another, several squad members would be dead.

Maybe you said that in reverse? It takes about 3 to 4 seconds to Leech and resummon including your healing up your summon.

(For those worried about wasting a spark, you get a nice bonus in exchange for your hard earned spark.)

I would think an entire squad would die while waiting for you to transfer a healthy amount of mana to your summon and then regain it yourself to continue on. Unless maybe if you are always charmed and just leave Transference on continuously while your charm ticks away. *shrugs*
  • mrcharlyplustwo
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Eh? why do I have to wait to transfer? I can carry on healing, DD, dropping plants while it transfers.

anyhoo, I find it takes 5s to refill a summon's MP pool.