Server Tournament

Nuff_Said - Raging Tide
Nuff_Said - Raging Tide Posts: 222 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Tideswell (East)
The game has become increasingly boring and we all need something to look forward to other than base locking and spawn killing so here goes:

On March 16th 12pm server time (noon), I will be hosting a bracket style tournament for the entire server to compete. Single style elimination except for the loser bracket of the finals to determine 2nd and 3rd place. The pvp will take place on one of the rocks between the desert and vibrant cliff to eliminate any mobs interference.

The squad size will be 10 members with 1 reserve in case someone cannot make it. Apoth, genie, pills, etc can all be use. Each squad can only have 1 of the following classes: Bm, barb, sin, psy. The other classes are limited to 2 of each. Sins can use force stealth once per battle but cannot remain stealth for more than 1 minute other wise they are considered dead, same goes for archers.

NO ONE CAN SQUAD VENOMOUS GHOULS. IT HAS BEEN SEEN THAT THESE SQUAD MEMBERS ARE TOO OP TO BE MATCHED AGAINST.

In the event that there is only 1 person left from each squad in
battle and the fight between them lasts for more than 3 minutes, the
squads are able to bring their reserve member into combat. The reserve
member still has to abide by the class limitations of the base squad.
(your reserve member cannot be a 3rd archer or a second sin etc). You can also participate even if you don't have a full 11 people. Anything less than 11 means you have no reserves though.

You do not have to limit yourself to a particular faction. This is a server competition which means you can squad with anyone on the server.

Resurrection:

Each player may only be able to res from a skill or res scroll. Has to either be a
cleric res or mystic buff. You may not click town and come back into
the fight. Doing so will automatically disqualify your entire team. Once you die, remain dead (if you cannot resurrect) until the round is over.

The prize is as follows:
1st=220m
2nd=110m
3rd=55m

There is no sign up fee or anything like that. Please email your squad list/squad name to: vicioustournament@gmail.com

Edits can be made to the squad submitted until March 9th. After that you are locked into the squad that you submitted. To determine the placing for the battles, a RNG (random number generator) will determine who is first to last seat.

Will need some volunteers to to record the fights. Considering there are multiple platforms we can have multiple battles at once to not take all day with the tournament.
"I'm the best ever. I'm the most brutal and vicious, and most ruthless champion there's ever been. There's no one can stop me. Lennox is a conqueror? No, I'm Alexander, he's no Alexander. I'm the best ever! There's never been anybody as ruthless! I'm Sonny Liston, I'm Jack Dempsey. There's no one like me. I'm from their cloth. There's no one that can match me. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart! I want to eat his children!" ~ Mike Tyson
Post edited by Nuff_Said - Raging Tide on

Comments

• BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    count me in. although i often dead in 1 shot lol <3
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sounds like an awesome idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sounds good! I hope QQme can pull a squad and join you guys.
    If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
  • Nuff_Said - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    doesn't have to be a full QQme squadb:sin

mix and match as you please
    "I'm the best ever. I'm the most brutal and vicious, and most ruthless champion there's ever been. There's no one can stop me. Lennox is a conqueror? No, I'm Alexander, he's no Alexander. I'm the best ever! There's never been anybody as ruthless! I'm Sonny Liston, I'm Jack Dempsey. There's no one like me. I'm from their cloth. There's no one that can match me. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart! I want to eat his children!" ~ Mike Tyson
  • Ladyblondeh - Raging Tide
    Ladyblondeh - Raging Tide Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sounds awesomeb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY Silvy for Epic Sig <3
    - Sage BM 0.87aps and loving it <3
    youtube.com/channel/UCaZIAPCmpfzSc1ly3mbhjdg
    pwcalc.com/ec23068c36b42d0d somewhere close
  • Arawin - Raging Tide
    Arawin - Raging Tide Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Some questions come to mind:
    1. Since it's PK enabled area, what about item drops? I'm assuming if they drop, it's finder's keepers?
    2. With ressurection allowed, won't this make clerics/mystics VERY high priority targets? XD
    3. March 16th is a TW day. If the tournament extends beyond TW time, would allowances be made for teams that had a TW to attend?
    4. After the big PWI tournament last year (I think? or 2 years ago now?)... QQme had a terrible no-show of half our team on the big day. I know you said teams are locked after march 9th, but if someone decides to not show up on the 16th, would fair substitions be allowed? (Like if your barb doesn't come, if another barb is online and willing, they could substitute.) If not, that's fine... I just think it would make for more balanced teams and possibly more fun.

Otherwise I'll try to show up. (EWWW waking up so early. x.x) I can also record if my computer is not on the fritz.
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Arent clerics and mystics always priority targets anyway!? b:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Arawin - Raging Tide
    Arawin - Raging Tide Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Arent clerics and mystics always priority targets anyway!? b:laughb:laugh

I dunno. In tournament... in PK... even in NW/TW... I always seem to be saved for last. Either CCed or simply just killed last...

Even in tourney. Every week it's me and spell vs Vici. They ALWAYS kill spell first. I'm always last one standing on my side it seems. :p
    edited February 2013
    Some questions come to mind:
    1. Since it's PK enabled area, what about item drops? I'm assuming if they drop, it's finder's keepers?

Bring plenty of guardian scrolls. No one is responsible for your own gear but yourself.
    2. With ressurection allowed, won't this make clerics/mystics VERY high priority targets? XD

As Bhav said, healers are always high priority. The only reason YOU are left for last in pk is due to your gear. Most of the time its easier to leave you for last and clean house first.
    3. March 16th is a TW day. If the tournament extends beyond TW time, would allowances be made for teams that had a TW to attend?

I would hope it didn't take a full two hours, but if it did, there would be a recess for tw goers.
    4. After the big PWI tournament last year (I think? or 2 years ago now?)... QQme had a terrible no-show of half our team on the big day. I know you said teams are locked after march 9th, but if someone decides to not show up on the 16th, would fair substitions be allowed? (Like if your barb doesn't come, if another barb is online and willing, they could substitute.) If not, that's fine... I just think it would make for more balanced teams and possibly more fun.

No shows are no shows, no substitutions.

Otherwise I'll try to show up. (EWWW waking up so early. x.x) I can also record if my computer is not on the fritz.

I hope this answered all of your questions.
  • AriaArrow - Raging Tide
    AriaArrow - Raging Tide Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I dunno. In tournament... in PK... even in NW/TW... I always seem to be saved for last. Either CCed or simply just killed last...

Even in tourney. Every week it's me and spell vs Vici. They ALWAYS kill spell first. I'm always last one standing on my side it seems. :p

To be honest the reason for that is you kite and play defensively more than spell. It would take longer to kill you, in my opinion, than spell. Spell plays twice as more aggressive and would be more of a detriment to kill our squads, so he gets the vote.

As for the tourney, BRING IT ONNNNNNNb:angry
  • TheScorpio - Raging Tide
    TheScorpio - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    - Its Gonna Be Lots of Fun b:laugh

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elvenne - Raging Tide
    Elvenne - Raging Tide Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    To be honest the reason for that is you kite and play defensively more than spell. It would take longer to kill you, in my opinion, than spell. Spell plays twice as more aggressive and would be more of a detriment to kill our squads, so he gets the vote.

As for the tourney, BRING IT ONNNNNNNb:angry

Not called kiting its called purify proc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lecus - Lost City
    Lecus - Lost City Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Better nerf purify proc since its to strong and gives all AA a unfair advantage.

Anyway should be amusing to watch this.
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    Epros - Raging Tide Posts: 1,720 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    purify too stronk?

better nerf irelia
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedos - Raging Tide
    Aedos - Raging Tide Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will probably be to busy to attend but reallyy nice idea nuff : p
    "Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."
    --Winston Churchill
  • Facerolled - Raging Tide
    Facerolled - Raging Tide Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not called kiting its called purify proc.

Butthurt because you don't have R9r2 weapon? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    boogiepanda | Demon Archer || Facerolled | Demon Wizard

tinyurl.com/PWIArcherWizardPvP
    edited February 2013
    6 CLERICS AND extra can win all!

They sleep/seal of God half of the enemy team and then kill them one by one.b:chuckle
  • BKXX - Raging Tide
    BKXX - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Shhh spell dont give away my team plan.
  • Heleghir - Raging Tide
    Heleghir - Raging Tide Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lets do this! *cs's full +12 and r9r2 wep*

lol jkjk
    The people and friends we have lost, or the dreams that have faded...never forget them! ~~ Summoner Yuna, FFX

[SIGPIC]NYA~~[/SIGPIC]
  • Devilchii - Raging Tide
    Devilchii - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    sound awesome
  • Elvenne - Raging Tide
    Elvenne - Raging Tide Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    6 CLERICS AND extra can win all!

They sleep/seal of God half of the enemy team and then kill them one by one.b:chuckle

I think the rules will not allow 6 clerics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    I think the rules will not allow 6 clerics

A 10 cleric team could be victorious by default.

Who could beat:

Arawin
    Clergywoman
    Filgyar
    Bantonesa
    Mrs_Mav
    Zeela
    AiresBreath
    Tisa
    Azunai
    BungaSakura
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    Someone should start a thread holding another pvp tournament between classes.

5 v 5 or 10 v 10.

And let's see which class can prevail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ^ Like 5 or 10 wizzies vs 5 or 10 psychics? o.o

• Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Someone should start a thread holding another pvp tournament between classes.

5 v 5 or 10 v 10.

And let's see which class can prevail.

My vote would be either all clerics or all archers would win. I'm leaning towards clerics more since they can chain sleep and seal people. Half the squad can cc and the other half can dd. Would be epic to see tho.
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    My vote would be either all clerics or all archers would win. I'm leaning towards clerics more since they can chain sleep and seal people. Half the squad can cc and the other half can dd. Would be epic to see tho.

Well,
    if it was 10 clerics v 10 archers, the fight could go either way depending on if clerics decide to heal each other like no tomorrow lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    Dont forget to start sending me the squads you will be competing with
    edited February 2013
    Dont forget to start sending me the squads you will be competing with............................
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hell Nuff if no one goes lets just fight and split the winnings regardless who wins >.>
  • y4kuzi
    y4kuzi Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lol they all bailed.