HP bonuses on caster weapons

CUTEandSOFT - Lost City
CUTEandSOFT - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion
Hi all. Do you think it is worth it to keep HP or vit bonuses on caster weapons? For instance, I recently crafted a nv3 magic sword with two 350 HP bonuses and 1% crit. I dont know if I should keep the adds but i am leaning towards keeping it because the weapon also has 2 sockets. IT was suggested that I reroll for magic bonuses, but I would like a bit more feedback. Thanks!
Post edited by CUTEandSOFT - Lost City on

Comments

• SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi all. Do you think it is worth it to keep HP or vit bonuses on caster weapons? For instance, I recently crafted a nv3 magic sword with two 350 HP bonuses and 1% crit. I dont know if I should keep the adds but i am leaning towards keeping it because the weapon also has 2 sockets. IT was suggested that I reroll for magic bonuses, but I would like a bit more feedback. Thanks!

For many casters the 350 HP is a lot and will improve surviveability by a lot so it really depends on your build/refines and to some degree your class. I personally already have enough HP from gear so would't take the HP modifier from the weapon and instead would go for what the weapon is intended for and get +magic or magic attack.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Depending on the class, those bonuses could equate to 70 Vit. So I guess the question is, do you want 70 vit on your character, or 36-38 magic?

Another way to look at it is: those bonuses will give you even more HP than you'd get by refining, say, a s3 Arcane Robe to +9. :P

I'd go with the HP, personally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2013
    Consider this...

The majority of Mage classes only get 10hp per VIT point. (can't verify since I haven't actively worked on guides in two years.)

In order to get a 350hp bonus with VIT you would need +35 VIT.

Edit: Veno's get 12 hp per VIT point, all other magic classes get 10hp per VIT point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    700 HP and 2 sockets? I think that is very good for a caster. Much of the loss in magic attack from not having +mag or +mag atk bonuses can be made up with the extra socket. Even if the caster is wearing full +10 gear (10k+ hp) 700 hp is a very healthy increase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    For a veno, cleric and mystic I would say keep it, for psychic and wizz I don't know depend on each person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Depending on the class, those bonuses could equate to 70 Vit. So I guess the question is, do you want 70 vit on your character, or 36-38 magic?

Another way to look at it is: those bonuses will give you even more HP than you'd get by refining, say, a s3 Arcane Robe to +9. :P

I'd go with the HP, personally.

Not quite. Vit also gives pdef and mdef bonuses, you don't get that with just +hp adds.

Personally. I would take -chan, +magic, +mattack, and +pdef over crit rate, +HP, and +vit.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • CUTEandSOFT - Lost City
    CUTEandSOFT - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the input guys! I have decided to keep the bonuses for now. As much as I would love some magic bonuses I really don't want to give up the extra 700 HP. I don't know if I am even lucky enough to re roll decent magic stats while getting two sockets.
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the input guys! I have decided to keep the bonuses for now. As much as I would love some magic bonuses I really don't want to give up the extra 700 HP. I don't know if I am even lucky enough to re roll decent magic stats while getting two sockets.

Good choice if you feel you could do with the extra HP. Also the fact that it is 2 sockets allows you to add a second sapphire to the weapon which means the trade off from not having a +mag/mag att stat is not so bad.
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Keep it. I'll cut you if you don't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    keep. keep. keep keep keep.
    yet another way to look at it: 700 hp > 6 sockets with vit stones/citrine gems
    you cant get +6 attack levels in two stats :p
    also, +1 socket = +75 mattack with sapph gem.

Of course, you might say that you cant afford gems/DoTs; in that case 700hp will probably be really valuable too. After all, in NW you get points for losing hp too ;)
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Personally. I would take -chan, +magic, +mattack, and +pdef over crit rate, +HP, and +vit.
    If you're going for -chan, s3 weapons aren't gonna be what you go for... ijs. s2 weps can have up to 13% -chan, IIRC s3 weapons can only have the -3 bonus and even then it's not on every roll (whereas on a s2 wand, for instance, -6% chan is on most rolls).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Close to 1k hp with barb buffs. For most casters, that's a pretty huge jump. Counting the second socket you're not really taking a bad hit to dps at all either. Personally I'd keep it, unless you're already at the 12k+ hp JosD point.