No More Lunar BH?

Options

Comments

• Abelroc - Lost City
    Abelroc - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    meh I just look at it like I can get something else outta doing badge runs occasionally other than that dont realy do bh's at all especially on my seek ppl got way to picky bout gear on them anymore and want 3rd cast even just to run dumb arsed bh's so dun go unless guilds doing a run too many incompotents running around anymore carried by gear that can't play for poopsb:bye
  • theemerald
    theemerald Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    NO Bh lunar then EoD price will be even higher QQ
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Easier to form then full delta on DW. I get it often filled in 1 tele if I form free. If it was removed it would be quite hard to form lunar squads I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • hellwingwatlz
    hellwingwatlz Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Its a fact that there are very few Lunar bh squad. You just need to make comparisons with SOT and ABBA bhs to realize that. I know, there are FEW ppl that claims to do it several times a day, but in comparison with the many players available to do that bh it is clearly a minority!!

The reason of this is very clear too, the Lunar's bh drops. If it were the same as the other bhs (molds, **** things) I'm sure ppl would do more that bh. Others will say 'its the fee' but getting the Ecard you can recover the 500k fee (2m ecard or 5m ecard).

QQ thread? I dont think so. It is a players posting his opinion about his/her experience.

Responses like: "I do all days, f'u", OR, "I dont have problems to do whatever i want cuz im R9 so i generalize everyone can do it also", are just RANT, cammuflating his opinion with aggresive responses trying to make otheres person to response even with more violence causing the debate/thread/opinion being shout down.

b:byeb:victory
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I like Lunar BH. It's nice to have a BH that yields some coin as well as a BH reward. They removed BH 3-3 which at least had TT and OHT drops, then they removed coin from Delta, and they switched the Aba and Seat bosses so there is no longer a chance at a book drop.

Lunar is about the only BH that actually yields coin.

The problem is Lunar is also about the only BH that a skilled squad vs an unskilled squad makes a huuuuuge difference. With a bad squad it can take longer to run than if I just solo it.

Despite being one of the more intricate instances, being one of the only BHs to make coin in, and offering badges the 3m fee and difficulty seem to scare people away so finding a squad or making a squad is much more difficult which makes it a pain.

Must be running a different Lunar than me. Last few runs the squad lead burnt about 20 tele's trying to sell the EoD, finally settling for 3m and breaking even. Now supply has settled again, they're back at the 3.5-4m mark, but on the day you need instant cash to split when a squad is waiting. None of the mats were worth anything, even Earth Essence is 50k. After selling crystals to a catshop and repairing, I think I made the fee back exactly.

Considering full is a huge pain if you get unlucky on a bad squad, and even with a pro squad takes as long as delta 3, compared to other BH's its the most time consuming and frustrating.

If EoD drop below 3m, I doubt I'll even run it anymore.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Keep Lunar. It's awesome instance tbh.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I don't see how running Lunar can be difficult.

Tower - Kill him ranged.

Vile Tower - Kill him ranged. R9 archer and venos are nice for purge, but otherwise not really necessary. BMs can leap in with HF and leap out, anyone can use a bow.

* At this point, head outside for alt buffs if necessary. Many players have alt buff bots that they can park outside.

HQ - Can be tanked by nearly any physical class. Use BB if necessary.

Vile HQ - Can be tanked by nearly any physical class. Use BB if necessary.

Water Boss - Kill him ranged.

Vile Water Boss - Kill him ranged.

Is it the mobs that makes things difficult? Do people just try to lure more than they can handle?
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Its a fact that there are very few Lunar bh squad. You just need to make comparisons with SOT and ABBA bhs to realize that. I know, there are FEW ppl that claims to do it several times a day, but in comparison with the many players available to do that bh it is clearly a minority!!

The reason of this is very clear too, the Lunar's bh drops. If it were the same as the other bhs (molds, **** things) I'm sure ppl would do more that bh. Others will say 'its the fee' but getting the Ecard you can recover the 500k fee (2m ecard or 5m ecard).

QQ thread? I dont think so. It is a players posting his opinion about his/her experience.

Responses like: "I do all days, f'u", OR, "I dont have problems to do whatever i want cuz im R9 so i generalize everyone can do it also", are just RANT, cammuflating his opinion with aggresive responses trying to make otheres person to response even with more violence causing the debate/thread/opinion being shout down.

b:byeb:victory

So why should there be equal amount of people running all instances? Yes people dislike Lunar mostly because of fee, some are affraid to fail after paying fee.
    But do you actually have troubles forming a Lunar BH? I find that hard to believe. People who need EoD often form with no fee, if they don't you can form it and sell EoD. Or form with fee, I've never tried that option actually.

Erm I don't get the last paragraf.

But no, removing Lunar form BH is a terrible idea. Apparently you don't, but there are still people who farm lunar mats. How would they be ever to form squads after? And BHs such Aba and SoT already get boring and repetitive, I'm glad when I get Lunar.

I wouldn't mind more instances to be added to bh though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • SaphirHealer - Archosaur
    SaphirHealer - Archosaur Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    aww lunar bh isnt something 6 sins can solo :< Darn. :P

I love lunar, doing Lunar bh I have farmed 4 pieces of lunar gear and got 2 on my pieces of gear to g16. The only issue I have with it is it costs so much to get opened. They should at least lower the opening fee if it is to stay a bh.

On the topic of no one running it...are you kidding me? Lol the day of lunar bh I see 1000000 people in WC all day long needing ppl for it. Sometimes I help out faction mates with it as well. Just gotta look in the right places I guess.b:laugh
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I use to think it was useless but now you can easily get a squad without having to spend a dime + you get badges. It's a nice instance and can be really fun also. It's one of those places you need different types of classes. Not just sins and BMs for aps x.x

So I vote to keep it.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I vote that PWI add a whole range of new BH 100's plus keep all the old ones. EDIT - I should add that on HL, Lunar squads are very common.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    They should add BH Water, those water mobs are fun in WS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    Oliiander - Lost City Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    <Does lunar on occasion.
    My squishiness is (Usually) unrivaled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finally decided to give Olii her own banner.b:chuckle
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I like doing lunar run, and sometimes I pay for it too. Its the only instance beside rb where my BM can spam stun and aoe, and its better than rb due to the drop and badges.

With lunar BH, its easier to kidnap people into lunar squad despite its not 2x. b:chuckle
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    i dont mind doing bh lunar..i just want the bh boss not the full stinkin run.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Ecstazy - Dreamweaver
    Ecstazy - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Has to be nice for them to sell for 6mil thier, here they sell for 1.5-2mil. Not much profit thier.
    Oh my gosh, are you kidding me? Just yesterday I paid for 2 Lunar runs and sold the Essences of Defense right after for 3.8m each. The ones that are 1.5-2m are Offense. It's not that big of a profit but still make some money nonetheless. People just need to stop being lazy and do it.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Lunar is one of the only places we get our Essence of Defense. If we get rid of this Bounty Hunter then the cost of making our G16 will go sky rocketing. Because who will want to run that bh anymore. I vote keep, also the materials that drop there can be used to make non binding gear instead of the twilight route.

Please don't take this bh away from the players that run this. If you don't like the bh DONT RUN THE DAMN THING. Hell there are tons of people that are happy to pay the fee to keep the Essence of Defense. Its not like old days where you put the Earth and Life essence in AH and hope you make your fee back. Anyways I hope you guys take this into consideration.

The biggest problem with this bh is people thinking that paying the opening fee entitles them to help in procuring the EoD. They are paying 2.5m for something that is worth 3.8m+. They expect a squad to earn for them 1.3m+! This blatant usury and gullibility is the only problem with this BH.

My angle on it is that I solo clear to the boss then look for people for hauntery only (includes vile), random drops (saves time and is most fair), and charge 500k ea. I then solo the rest of the instance after the bh. I avoid the complications of a bad squad or scrub toon, the ambiguity of what I'm doing it for, the people who just can't stand random drops (EoD), the idiot that needs to afk to pray in middle of run, etc. -Not only do I offer this service: I'd jump on it myself on my other toons if it were being offered more by others!

Paying the fee for EoD is grimy. Rarely does it take more than a day for me to sell them at 3.8m.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Lunar is only worth doing if it's 2x or full for the EoD so you get a little back, so they might as well make the end boss the bh boss XD.
    I might do Lunar more, but I don't want anything from Lunar, so it's not worth the time.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    My only complaint with the Lunar BH is the neglect of the other paths. They ought to add Drake Fling and Relic as BH bosses \o/
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    My only complaint with the Lunar BH is the neglect of the other paths. They ought to add Drake Fling and Relic as BH bosses \o/

I agree. Its kind of sad they picked the cheapest Lunar path to have the BH boss in.

Try to get a squad to do a farming run down a different path and people either don't understand its not a BH or didn't know there were other routes in Lunar -.-

Was considering something. I used to love BH 3-3 because we'd kill the boss, possible get a 9m GBF gold drop, and then I'd solo the card boss that appears after you kill Colluseast for a few more mil. I need to start farming cards for the card bosses in the BH run and do them after since everythings dead and entrance is paid.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Seirina - Dreamweaver
    Seirina - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I have trouble finding a lunar squad even as a cleric, on DW it's usually "free" but there are only a few squads not within factions for people to join.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Characters: Seirina (101 Sage Cleric)
    Server: Dreamweaver
    The Answer to the Universe: 42
  • SaphirHealer - Archosaur
    SaphirHealer - Archosaur Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Oh my gosh, are you kidding me? Just yesterday I paid for 2 Lunar runs and sold the Essences of Defense right after for 3.8m each. The ones that are 1.5-2m are Offense. It's not that big of a profit but still make some money nonetheless. People just need to stop being lazy and do it.

I guess it depends on your server...People are greedy on our server and sell them for 4-5mil each.
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I have trouble finding a lunar squad even as a cleric, on DW it's usually "free" but there are only a few squads not within factions for people to join.
    I guess it depends on your server...People are greedy on our server and sell them for 4-5mil each.

Hm, I have no troubles getting squad on DW as a noob sin with no faction, so I don't know :o

Agree with that \o/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options

Yes. Yes. Yes.
    A lot of times I've been invited to Lunar runs during non-BH days even and people still went after the BH route saying the other routes are too hard or something along the lines. Drake Fling maybe but Relic path is pretty easy...adding different BH routes would force people to run them and learn them b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options

Ditto.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Lately on my server people have been trying to ask for both the essences and gold mats in exchange for paying the fee. WC immediately explodes and they have to retract their claim. Now we know where the limits are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Lately on my server people have been trying to ask for both the essences and gold mats in exchange for paying the fee. WC immediately explodes and they have to retract their claim. Now we know where the limits are.

A lot of ppl on the forum still thinks it is fair to pay fee and get all mats + Essences of defense, even when 2x is on. I pointed that out as greedy of the fee payer and it seems i was the greedy person, so i finaly see someone who thinks the same as me b:thanks
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Options
    A lot of ppl on the forum still thinks it is fair to pay fee and get all mats + Essences of defense, even when 2x is on. I pointed that out as greedy of the fee payer and it seems i was the greedy person, so i finaly see someone who thinks the same as me b:thanks

People normally WC what's the deal with payment and essence. Obviously people still come, else they wouldn't do that. Some people just want to get the BH done.
    I take all stuff when I form and pay, because I need it and nobody seemed to have a problem with that so far. At 2x I only take 1 essence (other random), though other runs I've seen they took both and people still came just as same. Regardless, anyone who thinks it's unfair is free to form and pay and do whatever he pleases, as long as it's know to the squad at begining.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deadwieght
    deadwieght Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    change the BH queen to BH lunar trophy mode, that way its only 12 mirages, same as warsong.
  • bitewarrior
    bitewarrior Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I think GM should add the different path of lunar as bh's and remove the cost, Since the cost was origanlly implimented to have and easy instance. Now that we dearly paid our gear and that they actually augmented the difficulty back to were it was originally it does not warrant the 3m fee for it anymore. I think at this stage PWI own us therefore cut the cost Mr.Scrooge. and give us content instead of raising difficulties.

Respecfully yours b:angry

P.S. no more coins from GV and 1 week straight of GV bh's hey Mr.Scrooge who do you think your fooling here.