Problem with PackDLL.dll

Options

Comments

• Daenyuil - Sanctuary
    Daenyuil - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Maybe your anti-virus is blocking pack
    dll.dll . Sophos claims packdll.dll is Mal/Generic-L malware for some reason.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    wixxus wrote: »
    Ugh, this is an old thread, but, meh.

I am using a ProBook6460b I got from school. They made tons of things inaccessible, the antivirus in particular, the antivirus is called Trend Micro OfficeScan. This antivirus is REALLY bad, I've noticed it quarantines loads of harmless files and such, this pisses me off really bad. This so called antivirus has quarantined PackDLL.dll and I can't do anything about it. The antivirus is password protected, so I can't uninstall it or anything. ALL of the important files are protected and I just get a popup saying "Access denied." whenever I try to, for example, change a configuration file so that I can uninstall this piece of trash.

I have no idea what to do about this... PackDLL.dll gets quarantined all the time and I can't do anything about this myself... so I'd really appreciate some help with this. Thanks

All you can do is do a bit research work on how to do add the game files on your anti-virus exception and execute it by urself or just completely disable to it and then download the game again update it login and play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • flexxer
    flexxer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I am using one of the top anti-viruses in the world and if it says packdll.dll is a virus then its a virus. plain and simple.

As for PWI spreading viruses. I expected more from them. They want to claim its the way it has to be and the anti-virus is the issues because PWI cant seen program without using virus exploits.

If PWI doesnt get smart about not using virus activity and learn how to program then the files the games uses will be listed as threat files and blocked on more anti-viruses.

Most people dont "play around" when it comes to viruses.

You are all dumb if you stopped blocking this file. Its funny how so many years PWI has never had this problem and just one day wow. They make a claim that all the top anti-viruses are the issue.

PWI I trust my anti-virus company more than an MMO.

Good luck fooling noobs PWI.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    flexxer wrote: »
    I am using one of the top anti-viruses in the world and if it says packdll.dll is a virus then its a virus. plain and simple.

As for PWI spreading viruses. I expected more from them. They want to claim its the way it has to be and the anti-virus is the issues because PWI cant seen program without using virus exploits.

If PWI doesnt get smart about not using virus activity and learn how to program then the files the games uses will be listed as threat files and blocked on more anti-viruses.

Most people dont "play around" when it comes to viruses.

You are all dumb if you stopped blocking this file. Its funny how so many years PWI has never had this problem and just one day wow. They make a claim that all the top anti-viruses are the issue.

PWI I trust my anti-virus company more than an MMO.

Good luck fooling noobs PWI.

LOL with how dumb you can be.

If you did your research, you would find that the "virus" is actually a call to the server for information. Because the client is speaking to a proprietary Linux database both created around 2004, the call command is very similar to an old macro virus. Your antiviruses heuristic scan mistakenly identifies this call as a virus and flags it.

It's a false positive. False positives are common even with the top antiviruses, and with some they are so prevelant that the "top antivirus" software actually gets a reduced rating now. (Which is why Kaspersky is no longer at the top of the charts, and BitDefender took it's place.)

For that matter, I could put a similar request into an installer that tells your computer to format your primary hard disk, even though it's currently in use, and your "top antivirus" will never flag it.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • hopefulhuman
    hopefulhuman Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    i too am having this same problem however i am not missing Packdll.dll. im staring right at it. yet it still says im missing it.

i will try messing with anti virus and firewall stuff and hope for results.
  • hopefulhuman
    edited January 2013
    Options
    this time with the torrent version. no luck. still getting the same "missing packdll.dll" message. so i downloaded the packdll and put it in my 'patcher' folder and i get a new message saying that it cant locate 'dynamic link FillPackVersion'. i have no idea what to do after this.
  • thuiadhri
    thuiadhri Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I've been having the same problem. My school gives out computers and with that we get Sophos Protection, when i try to download the game it says missing PackDLL.dll. I've tried going through the suggestions of this thread but it wont let me do anything since the virus protection is school controlled and not controlled by us. Can't add an exception, no nothing. Any ideas?
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    thuiadhri wrote: »
    I've been having the same problem. My school gives out computers and with that we get Sophos Protection, when i try to download the game it says missing PackDLL.dll. I've tried going through the suggestions of this thread but it wont let me do anything since the virus protection is school controlled and not controlled by us. Can't add an exception, no nothing. Any ideas?
    Have a friend download and install the client. Copy the game directory to a 8GB+ Flash drive. Run the game from the flash drive and pray that Sophos isn't set to scan inserted media.

OR, contact the school support and see if they will add the exceptions for you. (not likely though)

And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • hopefulhuman
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I found 2 packdll in the game files and uploaded them :

packdll.dll 84KB goes in Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\patcher

http://qrrjh5.alterupload.com/en/

PackDLL.dll 68KB goes in Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\launcher

http://du1uko.alterupload.com/en/
  • shadowzofme
    shadowzofme Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I have the same problem with PackDLL.dll as everyone, i did everything what U guys said and nothing works hope someone can help me b:question
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I have the same problem with PackDLL.dll as everyone, i did everything what U guys said and nothing works hope someone can help me b:question

If your antivirus ate it because you didn't add the client to the exclusion list, and running Launcher.exe doesn't repair it, then you will have to download it again. A couple of links to the files have been posted so you can get just them, or DL the whole thing again.

And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • shadowzofme
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I downloaded it thrice without anti virus still not working and tried all the downloads they posted

But i have the PackDLL.dll but it still says i dont have it
  • shadowzofme
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Sorry, but im still looking for helpb:beatup
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    But i have the PackDLL.dll but it still says i dont have it
    The file may be there, but locked by your antivirus. Going to need more detail on what you've tried.

And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • joshmorgod
    joshmorgod Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\launcher has an icon for Fixit. Run that and it will restore PackDLL.dll.

My AdAware was right on it when I launched wanting to kill it. I stopped the Scan and used the drop down to tell it to Ignore it from now on. Perform suggested actions.

If your packDLL.dll is missing, there's one in the "patcher" folder. You can copy it to 'launcher' and run the fixit app.

Let AdAware run till it sees Trojan.Win32.Generic/BT. It should reference the location of packDLL.dll. You'll have the option to add it to the Ignore List then.

Finally.

Hope this helps. ;-j
  • purpjuggalo
    purpjuggalo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    ive downloaded pwi sirens at war but it wont open just gives me a notepad saying autorun open something or another... and when i go to the sight it keeps telling me to download it again...?
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    ive downloaded pwi sirens at war but it wont open just gives me a notepad saying autorun open something or another... and when i go to the sight it keeps telling me to download it again...?

The installer is broken, there's literally hundreds of threads on this.

If you paid attention to the folder it asked you to download the files to, go ther and run install.exe.

Don't forget to take care of your antivirus first.

And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • star2p0
    star2p0 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    If you get perfect world PackDLL.dll DLL error, do the following to fix

Set your AV software to not scan the following folder

For 64 Bit Versions of Windows:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\

For 32 Bit Versions of Windows:

C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\

Then run the following batch file to replace the missing dll

For 64 Bit Windows:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\launcher\fixit.bat

For 32 Bit Windows:

C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\launcher\fixit.bat

Enjoy Perfect World

C.S. b:victory
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Options
    star2p0 wrote: »
    If you get perfect world PackDLL.dll DLL error, do the following to fix

Set your AV software to not scan the following folder

For 64 Bit Versions of Windows:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\

For 32 Bit Versions of Windows:

C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\

Then run the following batch file to replace the missing dll

For 64 Bit Windows:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\launcher\fixit.bat

For 32 Bit Windows:

C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\launcher\fixit.bat

Enjoy Perfect World

C.S. b:victory
    Actually, the installer just installs to "C:/Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\" now and has for quite some time.

Kudos on posting a fix that's already been posted many times too.

And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • nsmjb4u2
    nsmjb4u2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    To restore the packdll.dll that your virus program has blocked or removed find the Fixit batch file within Perfect world /Launcher, doubleclick on the file it will restore the Packdll.dll if your virus program pops up and sais it has deleted the file click on the allow option to ignore it.
  • trapstar98
    trapstar98 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Ok so i got the same thing the P.ddl or whatever was blocked so my launcher would not start, so i tryed to delete all the program files and reinstall the entire game as if i never had it. Well after the install, notepad opens up sayin, autorun blah blah, so the instilation wont finish what did i do wrong?? Thank you
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Options
    trapstar98 wrote: »
    Ok so i got the same thing the P.ddl or whatever was blocked so my launcher would not start, so i tryed to delete all the program files and reinstall the entire game as if i never had it. Well after the install, notepad opens up sayin, autorun blah blah, so the instilation wont finish what did i do wrong?? Thank you
    *sigh* Like it's been stated hundreds of times, and you would have found by searching something as simple as "autorun*..... Go to the folder the client installer downloaded to and run install.exe.

If that is beyond you, give up and stick to browser games.

And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • LadySky - Lost City
    LadySky - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    nsmjb4u2 wrote: »
    To restore the packdll.dll that your virus program has blocked or removed find the Fixit batch file within Perfect world /Launcher, doubleclick on the file it will restore the Packdll.dll if your virus program pops up and sais it has deleted the file click on the allow option to ignore it.

After days of messing about I found this post. This works with no fuss what so ever. Thank you so much!! So darn easy. Leah
  • mrshpilkas
    mrshpilkas Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Hi, I tried to login also not too long ago and got the same PackDll.dll is missing from your computer popup, let me just say before this the game had been working great, until now. I've read many things on how to try to fix it but i cant seem to do it. I looked at my antivirus software and it has put the file under quarintine for virus infection not Trojan. I reinstalled the game twice now trying different ways to try to ignore the file but it just puts the file back under quarintine even if i get a whole new PackDll.dll, Please help me, I have no idea what to do. Thank you (P.S. the fixit thing above doesn't work for me)
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2013
    Options
    mrshpilkas wrote: »
    Hi, I tried to login also not too long ago and got the same PackDll.dll is missing from your computer popup, let me just say before this the game had been working great, until now. I've read many things on how to try to fix it but i cant seem to do it. I looked at my antivirus software and it has put the file under quarintine for virus infection not Trojan. I reinstalled the game twice now trying different ways to try to ignore the file but it just puts the file back under quarintine even if i get a whole new PackDll.dll, Please help me, I have no idea what to do. Thank you (P.S. the fixit thing above doesn't work for me)
    You must put the entire game directory in the exception for BOTH scheduled scans and active/real-time scans, AND disable your antivirus while installing.
    If you actually do this, you won't have a problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Grandpa - Raging Tide
    _Grandpa - Raging Tide Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    just go to the launcher directory (there you'll find the DLL) and doubleclick the fixit batchfile.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    just go to the launcher directory (there you'll find the DLL) and doubleclick the

fixit

batchfile.
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

_Grandpa - Raging Tide replied to a message that was 8 months 16 days 18 hours 23 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• _Grandpa - Raging Tide
    _Grandpa - Raging Tide Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    yeah, noticed it myself.

necro time while servers down

b:laugh
  • larsaalvik
    larsaalvik Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I've got the same problem and i don't know how to fix it. So please can you send me a link or something?? b:laughb:laugh
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    larsaalvik wrote: »
    I've got the same problem and i don't know how to fix it. So please can you send me a link or something??

This looks like a NECRO!

larsaalvik replied to a message that was 4 months 1 day 9 hours 35 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to close this :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

This discussion has been closed.