Problem with PackDLL.dll

asryel
asryel Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Support Desk
My brother has a problem with PWI Sirens of War. Every time he tries to launch it, it has an error and says that PackDLL.dll is missing, even though the file is there. We figured out that it is recognized by his antivirus as a Trojan and is thus quarantined. We tried to have it ignore the file, but this results in it simply getting blocked
Can anyone explain this to me and how to fix it?
Post edited by asryel on

Comments

• Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Instead of having it ignore the file, try finding a way to "restore" it. If it's in the vault, the game will not work.

Alternatively, you can have the program delete the file, turn off your virus protection, and download a new packdll.dll. Try placing it in the exact same folder and then starting the game.

Also add pwprotector.exe, launcher.exe, and elementclient.exe to your virus protection's exceptions.
    Before you go last solution for you from my side.Missing PACKDLL.dll here's the link http://www.filefactory.com/file/1zlfptvr6co5/packdll.dll to download the file, after downloading it go to C:\Games\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\patcher (Note:This is the default location on your computer that the game installs to. It may be different if you changed it during installation.)Simply paste the packdll.dll there and then try to run the game.
    Hope it helps and works for ya all.

In the meantime, he should be able to launch the game directly from elementclient.exe, if he's updated to the Siren's of War patch. This will not work once a new content patch comes out without the launcher, so you have about 2 days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Ecstazy - Dreamweaver
    Ecstazy - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well the game was working fine for me till today. I was logged on, crashed and now the PackDLL.dll is missing. Ad-Aware sent me a notice that it had found a trojan and it was in the PW files but I just kinda ignored it. Now I can't seem to locate the Ad-Aware vault to restore it...I can log in from elementclient.exe but I'm worried that it wont work for the new patch..
  • Ecstazy - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Jeremied, I deleted the old PackDLL.dll file and tried downloading one from the link and after the time's up, nothing downloads. It's like nothing happened. I don't really know any other trusted sites to download from..Help please?
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Use "Verify"option first you may need to do this multiple times.You also might need to temporarily disable your antivirus, MS Security Essentials or Windows Firewall long enough to download, install, patch and login to get into the game, and then turn it back on. Sometimes disabling may not help and you will need to add an exception for the game folder.

It might be Windows, Windows Firewall, Admin (such as running the game as Administrator), UAC, network, or antivirus settings that you will need to change so that they aren't blocking or throttling the game.

Should fix your problem Good Luck !b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Ecstazy - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Well I put it in there but..this was before I saw your comment Sizzer..I opened the launcher, but then I decided to exit it out to see if it had worked..and now it says the file is missing again.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Try those steps stated above and see if any changes ? Did it worked or not ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ecstazy - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    I did but when I first put in the new PackDLL a bunch of other stuff I didnt recognize was also installed. So I deleted everything and hoped that installing just the packdll.ll would work. And now it says that I'm missing SysInfo.ll. Isn't there a way to just download the launcher without having to download the whole game?
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    I did but when I first put in the new PackDLL a bunch of other stuff I didnt recognize was also installed. So I deleted everything and hoped that installing just the packdll.ll would work. And now it says that I'm missing SysInfo.ll. Isn't there a way to just download the launcher without having to download the whole game?

Let me put all the files etc of launcher for you see if that works ? Give me 10 mins. Stayed Tuned cya after short commercial break b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ecstazy - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Ok, thank you. Also..maybe it'd be easier if I made a lowbie toon on RT to make it easier to talk to you lol. Because I kinda have no idea what I am doing.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • super1or
    super1or Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Im having the same problem. I ran a anti virus scan and the file got erased. Its not in quarantine either. I saw this post earlier and downloaded the file. I placed it in my patcher folder and another error pops up sayin something about not having the specified route. Please help, thanks
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Don't paste it in patcher folder go to C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International(Note:or wherever your game is installed) and paste it there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sparkalinas
    sparkalinas Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My first post to the forums, hope I don't mess it up b:chuckle

I have Adaware virus protection which I installed the day of the Upgrade. I've had to re-installing PWI twice since the upgrade for PackDLL.dll missing after a crash. Then 5 mins ago I crashed again and the same darned thing...file missing blah blah blah..The thing I noticed is as soon as I restarted my laptop Adaware had *blocked a file which could be harmful* I went into the Adaware Quarantine Folder and looked at today's date I noticed every Quarantine'd file was the same and all listed as a high risk trojan. At the bottom of the Quarantine there's options to RESTORE or DELETE. I clicked the file with today's date, then clicked RESTORE. YAYYY it worked. So maybe try doing that. Hope this helps. b:pleased
  • y4kuzi
    y4kuzi Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I always have problems with packs.

b:avoid
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    I hax packs tiger-35.giffox-43.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dragonland - Raging Tide
    Dragonland - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well, my Packdll is finally working ;) (After many hours of uploading.) And thank you guys for helping to fix ''my game client.''
    Alive perhaps once a again! f:farewellf:farewell
  • BriarIce - Raging Tide
    BriarIce - Raging Tide Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hi Sizzer,

Hope you can help me with this. I received the same message that the other did, again. Not having thepackDLL.dll file. I followed your instructions and have the file now but when I click on the launcher it now gives me this message:

"The procedure entrypint Fillpackversions could not be located in the dynamic link library PackDLL.dll'

Any help you can give me to fix this?

Thanks.
    "Karma is a cruel mistress" - Kelley York, Hushed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Silvychar, for the gorgeous sig! b:kiss
  • BriarIce - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    Sizzer,

It is ok...by pressing buttons and hoping I do not blow the whole pc up it has been fixed.

I went into perfect worl launcher file and clicked on 'fixit' file.

Who knew that would fix my problem b:chuckle

Thanks for all the help you give by the way. You are great b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    I charge fee for technical support specially from those who are from RT, Where's my fee ?fox-26.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BriarIce - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    I charge fee for technical support specially from those who are from RT, Where's my fee ?fox-26.gif

*hides* find me b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • foxfoxfoxfoxfox
    foxfoxfoxfoxfox Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i just downloaded the game and i really want to play it, but every time when i open the patcher it says the PackDLL.dll is missing from computer and re-installing might help. ive re-installed it 3 times now and it still doesnt work! HELP I REALLY WANT TO PLAY >_<
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    Have you disabled your anti-virus/security/firewall while downloading or installing or updating the game ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • artiwa
    artiwa Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well i getting sick of this all..
    my stupid PackDLL.dll file is also gone, but nothing helps. I can't load it from anywhere because its going delete automaticly again.
    And i will not shut down my antivirus.
    I also told my antivirus this file is ok. but he still delete it because its not only a suspicious file its a corrupt file for him.

also there is something else missing he give me the error something 0x000002 or so is not aviable.

So anyone got another idea how to fix this stupid thing then only "oh shut down the antivirus and load it".
    Why they can't make a file that is fine for all? Are they not willing that all can play? it seems so
    and yes i'm angry about this.b:angry

they do not really care about the players lol why they should? there are alot others they can play a few that can't is not important.

I got the newest launcher of a friend, and packdll.dll is there (not deleted) but he still can't find the file. what the hell is going on?
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    PWI won't change anything for you , if u wanna play then follow instructions stated in many of the thread use Search option.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • artiwa
    edited December 2012
    i readed alot of this stuff here.
    but pls don't ignore my "new" problem isent anywehere i found.

I have the file but he can't find it if i start the launcher. but the file is in there
    so i don't know why this is.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    Add the game files in your anti-virus/firewall/security exceptions lists then try to run "Verify" option from launcher do it multiple times see if it works or not ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • googoojnr
    googoojnr Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ok i managed to launch perfect world and the next day i tryed to launch it and it said the PackDLL file was missing AGAIN and I don't particularly want to re-install PWI everytime I play it can you help? sophos also seem to think the PackDLL is part of the Mal/Generic-L virus and has removed it!
  • artiwa
    edited December 2012
    Add the game files in your anti-virus/firewall/security exceptions lists then try to run "Verify" option from launcher do it multiple times see if it works or not ?

Hm no i allready added them and he don't delete that one anymore now (the new one i get from a friend)
    but i can't verify the files because the launcher don't start. He still miss the packdll file althought its in there. thats my problem.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    artiwa wrote: »
    Hm no i allready added them and he don't delete that one anymore now (the new one i get from a friend)
    but i can't verify the files because the launcher don't start. He still miss the packdll file althought its in there. thats my problem.

Sounds like it's time to re-install from scratch.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • wixxus
    wixxus Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ugh, this is an old thread, but, meh.

I am using a ProBook6460b I got from school. They made tons of things inaccessible, the antivirus in particular, the antivirus is called Trend Micro OfficeScan. This antivirus is REALLY bad, I've noticed it quarantines loads of harmless files and such, this pisses me off really bad. This so called antivirus has quarantined PackDLL.dll and I can't do anything about it. The antivirus is password protected, so I can't uninstall it or anything. ALL of the important files are protected and I just get a popup saying "Access denied." whenever I try to, for example, change a configuration file so that I can uninstall this piece of trash.

I have no idea what to do about this... PackDLL.dll gets quarantined all the time and I can't do anything about this myself... so I'd really appreciate some help with this. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.