WC gone XXX

kitty58
kitty58 Posts: 4 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion
Just wondering why people are allowed to use world chat to cuss others out and use filthy language or run around the game with dirty names.

Isn't it against the code of conduct to have dirty names and curse in world chat?

It's getting worse every day and nothing seems to be done about it.

Do the GM's actually play the game? If so then why do they not warn these people?

I don't know how to add a SS here, but have a few if you want or need to see them.
Post edited by kitty58 on

Comments

• Suikyo - Raging Tide
    Suikyo - Raging Tide Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    they dont play the game very often also u CANT add ss here, u have to submit a ticket if u feel offended just go to the support link on the top of this page
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    GM are not in game (unless event like ''meet the GM''). If something disturb you take SS and send a ticket. They will take care of it if needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Buff_me - Harshlands
    Buff_me - Harshlands Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am not sure if people can be banned for using filthy language, unless they are harassing you.
    Achieved R9 before it was mainstream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    103 Demon R9 assassin - retired.
    Quit.
  • _Wesa_ - Heavens Tear
    _Wesa_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I agree with the OP. Chat is getting very filthy. I'm not one for getting too offended by what is said in WC, because I can turn that off. But that stupid horn window is another issue. It's clean enough most of the time, but occasionally something offensive comes over in those HONKING HUGE and COLORED letters and I wish they would give us the option to turn that off too. b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People are capable of kindness beyond angels, yet we also commit sins that would put a demon to shame... We all stand precariously on the edge between darkness and light... And when we fall, we are greeted by only madness and chaos." ~Raogrimm: Galkan Talekeeper, Final Fantasy XI.
    Venomancer 100: _Wesa_ - Semi-Active - Faction Leader: Jerusalem
    Cleric 100: LilyKatt - Retired/Deleted. All storage Characters: Deleted
    On Facebook: Manny's Menagerie
    edited February 2013
    I am not sure if people can be banned for using filthy language, unless they are harassing you.

I know people that get banned for bad language.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I wish they gave you an option to filter out anything in all caps since that right there would get rid of most offensive WCs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir? b:pleased
  • Buff_me - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    I know people that get banned for bad language.

Those people's name Bryan? Do they have a bad luck?

Well, the reason for my own ban was partly running my mouth. I have never known GMs can look into chat log and find out what you said. *will never cyber in-game*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quit.
    edited February 2013
    Those people's name Bryan? Do they have a bad luck?

Well, the reason for my own ban was partly running my mouth. I have never known GMs can look into chat log and find out what you said. *will never cyber in-game*

Naming is not allowed on the forum.

GM don't watch the chat.

Usually people that get punished got report by other players with that took a screen shot of the situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Buff_me - Harshlands
    edited February 2013

GM don't watch the chat.

Usually people that get punished got report by other players with that took a screen shot of the situation.

I was talking about this Brian. b:laugh

And believe me, they can. I have already suffered from this with a perma ban.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quit.
    edited February 2013
    I don't say they can't, I say they don't.

A moderator for the world chat would be the best thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Buff_me - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    I don't say they can't, I say they don't.

A moderator for the world chat would be the best thing.

Oh, sorry, read it wrongly.

True that, a couple of mods being in game 24/7 would be cool. E.g every mod would control in-game activity and they would change every 4-6 hours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quit.
    edited February 2013
    Oh, sorry, read it wrongly.

True that, a couple of mods being in game 24/7 would be cool. E.g every mod would control in-game activity and they would change every 4-6 hours.

Ye, but I guess they won't want to pay people to read a chat all day long.

I would love to be a chat moderator in game. =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited February 2013

GM don't watch the chat.

i think it was a monty python reference b:avoid
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Buff_me - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    Ye, but I guess they won't want to pay people to read a chat all day long.

I would love to be a chat moderator in game. =D

b:laugh Working 6h per day for, hm, 40$~ would work fine in my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quit.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    All depends on who's doing it too and how much of a cash shopper they are. I know I've submitted a few tickets on name violations only to have them ignored or "we don't see any violation" simply because the individual was a cash shopper in a popular TW faction.

Or if they do get banned, it's likely only for a few hours or days at most and then they are right back just like they were.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • _TENSHl_ - Sanctuary
    _TENSHl_ - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ive seen this happen too, some random guy keeps talking **** in wc and got banned for 1 month then a well knowed cashoper get reported for the same thing or even worst and he get banned for 1 week
    Some times they say "we don't see any violation" as alli says when there is clearly an insult or razism

You can say im paranoic but i experienced this thing some time ago and i dont think that anything has changed untill now
    They just ignore most of the tickets against the famous/cashoper for obvious reasons
    This is a business and they have to protect their work. thats all
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Let me be harsh on this.

Devs don't care about the well-being of the game. Shareholders should not wonder why PWI is not as profitable as before.

I guess GMs are not too concerned either (I don't count apologizes in those) as they won't have the game moderated or fixed in any form (and yes, the chat filter utterly failed).

b:surrender
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Hotsy_Totsy - Dreamweaver
    Hotsy_Totsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It shouldn't matter if people are cash shoppers or not, if it's against the game policy, then they should all have to pay the same price.

I do agree that we need to get some people from different time zones to moderate the chat in game.
    Even if it's just certain players assigned this duty, and maybe compensated with certain items from the cash shop for their help.
    There are ways to prevent people from abusing the game, and yes it is abuse to other players who take offense in filthy chat, and the children that play this game.

I've had people tell me that they were sorry and they didn't realize what they were saying or they didn't mean to.. Ok give me a break guys...If you are actually talking I can understand a dirty word now and then. But when you are TYPING there is no excuse for it, unless your mind is so weak it can't control what your fingers are doing. lol

Someone said something about it with a horn the other day and OMG it got even worse. So yeah they do it knowing fully well that they are getting by with it.
    As far as the horns go, I also agree that we should be able to turn that off and any chat we don't care to see.
    At least if we had that option we who are parents could at least know that we could prevent our children from having to see it all the time.
  • _Wesa_ - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2013
    It shouldn't matter if people are cash shoppers or not, if it's against the game policy, then they should all have to pay the same price.

I do agree that we need to get some people from different time zones to moderate the chat in game.
    Even if it's just certain players assigned this duty, and maybe compensated with certain items from the cash shop for their help.
    There are ways to prevent people from abusing the game, and yes it is abuse to other players who take offense in filthy chat, and the children that play this game.

I've had people tell me that they were sorry and they didn't realize what they were saying or they didn't mean to.. Ok give me a break guys...If you are actually talking I can understand a dirty word now and then. But when you are TYPING there is no excuse for it, unless your mind is so weak it can't control what your fingers are doing. lol

Someone said something about it with a horn the other day and OMG it got even worse. So yeah they do it knowing fully well that they are getting by with it.
    As far as the horns go, I also agree that we should be able to turn that off and any chat we don't care to see.
    At least if we had that option we who are parents could at least know that we could prevent our children from having to see it all the time.

I'm going to +1 this. It's the most sensible post, yet, on this subject.

People need to remember, when using WC, that children do play this game. AND, many, maybe even most, adult players would prefer not to see such filth coming over chat. It shows a total lack of respect for your gaming peers to use such language and to talk about such subjects. And like the quoted person above, typed filth is not the same as accidentally, or habitually, saying something verbally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People are capable of kindness beyond angels, yet we also commit sins that would put a demon to shame... We all stand precariously on the edge between darkness and light... And when we fall, we are greeted by only madness and chaos." ~Raogrimm: Galkan Talekeeper, Final Fantasy XI.
  • TheFire - Lost City
    TheFire - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ahhh another one of these posts...sigh...look chat will never be fixed so you should just get used to it and not take things so serious.if you dont like WC turn WC off its that simple.as for peoples charr names let me add this...LMAO yea thats going to get fixed when PWI cares more about players then thay do money and thats going to happen when money doesnt make the world go round.if you dont belive me make a charr on Lost City and walk around Arch for 15 mins.LMAO b:laughb:cryb:laugh
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Children which play this game have a bigger issue than XXX in WC: they have parents which don't care about them. When they would care, they wouldn't let them play games like this.

And for me, an in-game moderator from player base wouldn't be acceptable. It's a job for GMs. The responsible managment has to employ 2-3 ppl to monitor the WC of all servers, they earn enough with this game.

PS: It's even not legal for children to play this game.
  • Artemiko - Raging Tide
    Artemiko - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The WC has gotten a bit ridiculous lately, or is it just me? Children do play this game, but remember so do simple minded jerks, you can't stop idiots from being idiots, that's like telling PWI to let everything in the Cash Shop be free! b:shutup and about the names, I really don't have a side to that, as people who use / and xXxxx and underscores make me mad too. js b:surrender
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gyroki wrote: »
    PS: It's even not legal for children to play this game.
    Taken from the ToS....
    You may be required to create an account (an "Account") to access our Games and certain features and functions or our Service. You must be 13 years of age or older to create an Account. If you are 13 or over, but are under the age of 18, we require that you review these Terms with your parents or guardian to ensure they read and agree to them. If you are the parent of guardian of a user of our website and you have questions about this website or these terms, please contact us at tos@perfectworldinc.com.
    You also need to define "children"... At what age do they stop being "children"?
    I agree with you wholeheartedly with the comment about irresponsible parents, don't get me wrong, but on the same note, it should be monitored more closely in game.
    A few years ago, when we had an appropriate GM/workload ration, they regularly monitored chat in-game.
    Now, thanks to PWE's greed, we are left with a very small number of support staff being overloaded supporting many more games.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Artemiko - Raging Tide
    Artemiko - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    +1 Allisandre, +1
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Last time we demanded any kind of enforcement of WC policing, a **** and very ill-conceived chat filter was put into place.

I've suggested community chat moderators, people who can temp ban other players for bad language or glitching/hacking, but, this was either ignored, or they really don't give a **** enough to even read it.

So, for now, I'm simply going to say 'Meh' to this thread. Really, I got tired of WC BS, so I'm taking a break from the game. Also taking a break until NW is fixed.

Really though, there are other MMO's that have actually policed chat, to the point where there is no abuse of chat priveledges. You want to play a game with Balanced PVP, good PVE, and is cheaper to get endgame gear? Play a P2P MMO. ****, for the price of R9, you'd have the game and a lifetime subscription. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    give me a break guys...If you are actually talking I can understand a dirty word now and then. But when you are TYPING there is no excuse for it, unless your mind is so weak it can't control what your fingers are doing. lol

I see whatchya did there b:chuckle b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Wesa_ - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2013
    Taken from the ToS....

You also need to define "children"... At what age do they stop being "children"?
    I agree with you wholeheartedly with the comment about irresponsible parents, don't get me wrong, but on the same note, it should be monitored more closely in game.
    A few years ago, when we had an appropriate GM/workload ration, they regularly monitored chat in-game.
    Now, thanks to PWE's greed, we are left with a very small number of support staff being overloaded supporting many more games.

Ages 13-16, I would define as impressionable children. Usually, in my experience, 17 and up are already into mature content, if not taught good morals earlier. PWI is not 'R' rated. It's PG13. PWE know's this and included the minimum age in the ToS. People need to keep chat on that level. However, I see a lot of XXX stuff in WC. Some of it is enough to make even someone my age (51) blush and cringe. And I do turn off WC, frequently, but it's not feasible for people who are looking to buy/sell or looking for squads doing various events. And, as I said earlier in this thread, the horn window, although rarely used it seems, cannot be turned off and some of the filth comes over that.

I'm not one to judge anyone else based on anything, not even their morals. But I do think people, especially adults, need to be more disciplined. Most especially, publicly, and WC is as public as standing in the middle of the mall shouting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Unless they hire people to watch over world chat actively, we'll never have a secure system to regulate what's been posted.

I see every day or every other day dirty things posted in DW WC by the same people and they never get banned.
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    @Allisandre

At server start you had to be 18 to play this game. I knew they changed it to 16 a few years ago. Didn't know its even 13 now. 13 must be a joke. I'd even not recommend to play a mmo when you are 18 if you want to study. Only adults with regular jobs/income should play those games. Everything else leads to a dwindling spiral.