WC gone XXX

2»

Comments

• Artemiko - Raging Tide
    Artemiko - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gyroki wrote: »
    @Allisandre

At server start you had to be 18 to play this game. I knew they changed it to 16 a few years ago. Didn't know its even 13 now. 13 must be a joke. I'd even not recommend to play a mmo when you are 18 if you want to study. Only adults with regular jobs/income should play those games. Everything else leads to a dwindling spiral.
    You have somewhat of a point, but teenagers have access to the internet just like adults (I'm 17 mahself) PWI sells itself as free to play, so people with no money to just invest in a game, mainly children and teenagers who like a good MMO are enticed to play, which is why the game is PG13, it builds player base, whether you cash shop or not b:chuckle
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Things are being looked at.
  • Hot_Legs - Dreamweaver
    Hot_Legs - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Come on people if PWI did not intend to monitor names and chat, then I believe it should be in the policy that we should all beware of the filth that comes from WC and some peoples names.

If it were not against the policy then why have the section on abusive chat content and anything that is offensive to other players?
    If you have a written Policy then that Policy should be fulfilled for PWI the same as it is expected to be fulfilled by the players.

Seems to me like there are enough players who are insulted by this sort of chat content and people with such low esteem that they are willing to run around among thousands of other people with filthy names above their heads.

Oh yes another thing, as far as the WC goes yes it can be turned off, but when you have to use WC to get help with certain quests and to sell or trade items, then we are subjected to this filth.
    Actually it's no skin off PWI's noses to recruit in game chat moderators..I for one would do it for free just to get chat cleaned up a bit. I'm sure there are other players who would do the same thing.
    I'm not saying that the chat moderators should have the right to ban a player but it would help a lot if they had the right to boot the offensive players off line for a few hours. People would get tired of getting booted off the game and having to wait hours to get back on that toon.
    Give them a warning first then if they continue to abuse the chat then off they go. It's really that simple,and they could send in SS of what they did and why they did it. Then it would be up to the GM's if these people need to be banned.
    If something isn't done about it soon then we need to rename the game to PWI-XXX. At least then everyone would know what to expect when they start playing.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gyroki wrote: »
    @Allisandre

At server start you had to be 18 to play this game. I knew they changed it to 16 a few years ago. Didn't know its even 13 now. 13 must be a joke. I'd even not recommend to play a mmo when you are 18 if you want to study. Only adults with regular jobs/income should play those games. Everything else leads to a dwindling spiral.

That is correct. The section I quoted has been like that for as long as I can recall, but there used to be another disclaimer that stated you had to be 18 to play, then yes, it was 16, now I cannot find the reference to it in the ToS any longer, just the line I quoted.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Come on people if PWI did not intend to monitor names and chat, then I believe it should be in the policy that we should all beware of.

if anyone was to create a policy listing out everything they weren't going to do, they would still be writing it.

i think you should go look up some XXX sites on the internet while you are here, and if you try real hard, you should be able to differentiate content deserving of an XXX rating, and people using some "bad" words on world chat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    WC has always been a cesspool of spammers, drama, and world filter avoidance. It's no worse now than it was 3 years ago. I don't even think the people who whine about it have gotten worse either.

The only way to truly curb any of that would be to have actual in game "Moderators" with the ability to ban people from WC (and then all of their alts when they switch to another toon).

Consider it a free source of entertainment. Nobody forces you to watch Twilight on TV to see the commercials during the show. Just turn WC off or ignore the spam and just utilize it for the advertisements.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It shouldn't matter if people are cash shoppers or not, if it's against the game policy, then they should all have to pay the same price.

Unfortunately it's not the case atm, I have nothing against heavy C$, thx to them that keep the game free for us, but I think that shouldn't allow them to avoid the ban cause of that.

The only way to truly curb any of that would be to have actual in game "Moderators" with the ability to ban people from WC (and then all of their alts when they switch to another toon).

I see more a mute punishment then ban for that, I know in the past they was doing it, cause I know people that was muted (unable to wc etc...), but was log in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Zaa - Harshlands
    Zaa - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    GM's wont ban them cause the ppl being banned will QQ and their ban will be lifted like the FC glitch bans taht was suppose to happen last year so it pointless