Options

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    oonnoo wrote: »
    question here,
    If I follow the 9int 1 str formula every 2 levels, which should I add first?
    Should it go like:
    every EVEN lvl, add 5 int 0str
    ODD lvl, add 4 int 1str
    or

every EVEN lvl, add 4int 1str
    ODD lvl, add 5int 0str

In higher levels, what's the range of needed str for weapons? And what's the lvl cap?

The str for weapon depend on the weapon, which class you decided to play?

And max level is 105, it's not hard to level to 101, but more long to go 105.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I personally put in 1 str during the even levels because it makes it easier to keep track of how much you're supposed to have. To make sure have the proper amount your strength should be your level/2+5. So if you're level 20 you should have 15 strength. 20/2=10. 10+5=15. If you did it on the odd levels you could still do it that way but 21/2=10.5+5=15.5. For me seeing 15.5 and remembering to add in the strength because it's .5 its just annoying. But thats just a little ocd. It doesn't matter if you put the point in at 18 or 19, at level 19 you'd still be able to wield your weapon.

Note that is the formula for a pure magic build. Not all builds.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I normally put strength in(for AA critters) during even levels, (and if I'm putting any vit into the build, those go in at odd levels) for organization purposes/since you get to your first even level with points to distribute one level faster than odd, it just feels less sloppy. But it really doesn't matter at all whether you add even or odd, as long as it feels like the natural one you should be doing xD
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oonnoo
    oonnoo Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Ok thanks there. Now I wonder again if there's a class that can really support and yet do fearsome damage when called?

When a person is a great supporter, does it automatically mean he's a great tanker? Anyone find that a supporter and a tanker are connected in such ways?
    Yeah another weird question >.<

O yeah and what are neutral buff filters?
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    as a barb wish was created 2009 it was diff back then we was always what ppl looked for
    and wow that mentallity have changed so much with new classes (after tideborn)
    so much in fact i am pure str barb meaning i would be considered dd tho that is not true
    cos of my class and and fact i still only use axe/hammer as weapon.

i can solo my own mobs fast if i wanted to but bosses with insane hp not that fast but i stay true to my class weapon of choice and that is all wish is needed.

if you where to go aps on a barb its just to solo and the fact this game is a mmo dont feel right to just solo for me.

i can tell u in low lv and in higher lv when party is not OP as in cash shopped and best refined with tons of shards and sht barb and cleric are sought the most in teh game for pve dailys.

and if you happen to be a good barb ull be making toons of friends cos even tho there many barb most of them suck.

trust me ppl will add u if u show promise of ur skill in almost any class especially barb+cleric.

dd are found and decomposed easy enough.

now if u happen to buy the best gear and have ultimate refine +12 or close r999 and josd or vit sharded it dosent matter anymore.

once u got the coin and goten that high in gear the pve is a thing of the past.

if any of you tried pwi 2008 most of you would have quited especially lost city server.

now that time was hardcore and with bad team plays of today heck most would never even finish fb19.

also gear was much more different then it is now. La wiz was a ok choice heavy wiz to.

now with gear as strong as is pure is only choice cos any gear u almost put on is way to strong for pve.

best obtainable gear is just overkill wish mean if u happen to die ur really the biggest noob
  • mrcharlyplustwo
    mrcharlyplustwo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Ok thanks there. Now I wonder again if there's a class that can really support and yet do fearsome damage when called?

When a person is a great supporter, does it automatically mean he's a great tanker? Anyone find that a supporter and a tanker are connected in such ways?
    Yeah another weird question >.<

No.

A *great* tanker has two qualities; ability to survive the punches and ability to hold aggro. If the tanker doesn't die and always holds the aggro, then the rest of the squad has it easy.

Barbs have a skill, Flesh Ream, that generates aggro on one target and can be used repeatedly. They also get high HP per stat. So the normal tankers are Barbs. Other classes can tank, but not as easily as a barb. Barbs are therefore always in demand in squads.

I would say that Mystics fit your first description. They are *great* support, due to their squad and solo healing skills plus debuffs from plants. They can hit hard; my lvl78 Mystic, sparked, does 15k normal hits on BH59 bosses. Damage over time, that is almost as good as my same-level archer (archers being a pure DD class).

However, my mystic can't reliably hold aggro and has low HP, making it a *terrible* tanker.
  • oonnoo
    edited February 2013
    Options
    ok so I finally rolled a cleric.
    The crafting system has been bothering me these days. It's just I find it very time consuming to level crafting skills. You know, gathering mats and then going back. Then your inventory is full and you need to use the bank. Instead of questing my time has been to crafting.

1. Are crafted equips far better than loots? I mean let's talk about end-game here. I don't want to miss something because of crafting.
    2. Or will it even get easier to level crafting?
    3. Does buying mats in item mall help?
    4. Or are there instant crafting books to advance crafting skills?
    5.Can I be better than crafted equipments?
    6. Usually how long does it take to reach the highest level of crafting?
    7. Most important crafting skill?

8. What weapon should I get at lvl 30? and other weapon/armor advancement guides if there are?

thanks!
    edited February 2013
    Options
    ok so I finally rolled a cleric.
    The crafting system has been bothering me these days. It's just I find it very time consuming to level crafting skills. You know, gathering mats and then going back. Then your inventory is full and you need to use the bank. Instead of questing my time has been to crafting.

1. Are crafted equips far better than loots? I mean let's talk about end-game here. I don't want to miss something because of crafting.

For end game craft equips are better than what the mobs/boss drop. Unless you plan to go for Rank equips which don't requisite craft skills.

2. Or will it even get easier to level crafting?

Level 4 and 6 of each craft are more are cause they have a quest to complete to get the book (A quest that requisite you to manufacture a specific item), but level 5+ are easy cause you can craft molds which requisite mats you can dig (like logs, gravel etc) which is easy to farm than kill mobs hoping for specific mats.

3. Does buying mats in item mall help?

In the boutique? Well I would not recommend it, farm them and if you miss some and are really tired to farm buy the rest you need from shops.

4. Or are there instant crafting books to advance crafting skills?

You can buy book from the boutique or from other player, but it can be really more expensive than farm the mats.

5.Can I be better than crafted equipments?

Not sure what you mean here.

6. Usually how long does it take to reach the highest level of crafting?

Depend, apothecary is really easy, for the rest it depend if you farm mats or buy them, if you focus or not on it.

7. Most important crafting skill?

It really depend on people, many people say tailor and blacksmith are the most important, I personally use my apothecary one more often.

8. What weapon should I get at lvl 30? and other weapon/armor advancement guides if there are?

There's the Dreamchaser pack, it's a free pack giving weapons, armors, mount, flyer and more, for low level it's perfect and make you able to save your coins for skills and for later armors.

thanks!

To get the Dreamchaser pack, go on Facebook on PWI's page, go to around the 26th January post and follow the instruction (click on the link and enter the code). You can only get one pack by account so make sure to send it on the char you want it, cause you won't be able to get a other one for a char on the same account.

For the space issue what you can do is make a second account (the limit is 2 accounts), and make a archer/cleric, fly the char to Arch and use it as bank/shop, put everything you don't need immediately on that char and you can use that char to sell items you don't need to make money. (You can log 2 account at the same time, usually people use the second as bank/shop).

Edit: Also if you have friends or a faction some people can craft the stuff for you if you don't have the skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• oonnoo
    edited February 2013
    Options
    That was fast! Thanks!

what I mean by question #5 is if there's other choice to have a very great equip without crafting. Yeah buying from others is one but having their name there bugs me. I also would like to know if "that way" is better or equal if I had crafted mine. I'm talking about the character in general and not simply a piece of it.
    One option I find are the military items. Are they better than crafted items? I'll rather have those than craft. Not sure though maybe someday I'll have the patience to level my crafting skills.

So I had some research a while ago and found out that there's no lvl 5 and lvl 7 crafting quest. Do you actually do 10/10 crafts there? And are the rates like 1 craft=10%?

Thanks for that package! wow didn't know something like that exists!

EDIT:
    is it worth to buy the maxed crafting skill at boutique? Yeah it's expensive but will it be worth all the mat grinding?
    How's your crafting life? Do you have a maxed crafting skill? What is it and did you do it manually or cash shopped?
    edited February 2013
    Options
    That was fast! Thanks!

what I mean by question #5 is if there's other choice to have a very great equip without crafting. Yeah buying from others is one but having their name there bugs me. I also would like to know if "that way" is better or equal if I had crafted mine. I'm talking about the character in general and not simply a piece of it.
    One option I find are the military items. Are they better than crafted items? I'll rather have those than craft. Not sure though maybe someday I'll have the patience to level my crafting skills.

So I had some research a while ago and found out that there's no lvl 5 and lvl 7 crafting quest. Do you actually do 10/10 crafts there? And are the rates like 1 craft=10%?

Thanks for that package! wow didn't know something like that exists!

Nah there's no quest for level 5 and 7 it's really only level 4 and 6.

You are welcome that package is kinda recent so not everyone know about it, but for new people or char it's really a great pack. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• oonnoo
    edited February 2013
    Options
    but what about my question no 5? b:shocked
    and I edited my post prior to this.

EDIT:
    for what are dragon orbs?
    how long does a charm last? I mean those +def/+mATK charm
    what stat will I add to my green genie? The butterfly thingy. I think her name is Longevity. I haven't put a single stat on her yet(STR,DEX,INT,CON).

what does a cast mean? I mean weapon 3rd cast like that
    What level can I join squads? Is it 30?
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    About question #5, you can get gears good enough from quests and mob drops. But if you plan to level crafting skills I think it's easier to do it "along the way" for 2 reasons:
    1. You can farm mats needed before drop-rate gets nerfed by you being highier level
    2. You can craft gears you can use while leveling crafting skills

EDIT: Just do quests and keep all the crafting mats. When you have it stacked a bit use it for crafting.
    Or you can just ignore crafting all togheter. The only benefit is that you can craft things yourself with your name and not having to find someone to do it. Also some gears may be bound later on and require you to craft better stage from it by yourself. It's nice to have it, but you can survive without it.

EDIT:
    is it worth to buy the maxed crafting skill at boutique? Yeah it's expensive but will it be worth all the mat grinding?
    How's your crafting life? Do you have a maxed crafting skill? What is it and did you do it manually or cash shopped?

If you want to go easy way and spend money, then buy it. It's just trading real money for time and in-game effort.
    I have them maxed, exept blacksmith is still in process, all manually. I didn't find it that hard, just a bit tedious.

EDIT:
    for what are dragon orbs?
    what stat will I add to my green genie? The butterfly thingy. I think her name is Longevity. I haven't put a single stat on her yet(STR,DEX,INT,CON).

Dragon orbs guarantee refining sucess.
    Those you equip along the wep? They get used per hit. So depends how many you have.
    I'd leave genie alone for now. Later I'd add 40 int and 40 con, and dex/str depending on skills you get.

It's short for "recast". I'ts upgraded version of a certain gear (100+).
    You can join squad from lvl 1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
    edited February 2013
    Options

EDIT:
    for what are dragon orbs

It's use to refine equips. A weapon that have a +1 will do a bit more damage than one without nothing, a weapon with +2 more damage than +1 etc... For the gears (pants, writs, chest and legs) more it's refine more the piece give you hp, these pieces always give hp, the cape and head too. The neck and belt give more defense a protection neck/belt refine give more physical defense and a elemental one more magic defense, cleric usually use the protection one for physical defense. For the rings same thing than belt/belt, but for the ring at your level use magic ones.

So in resume refines = better defense, hp and power for the weapon.

For the attack one it's one charm per hit (attack skills) and defense one kinda similar it will stay in use til you get hit.

Depend on people generally magic class will put more vit magic, but people sometime will put str and dex for some skills, I personally put only in vit and mag.

There's a weapon call TT99, you can use that weapon to make a more powerful weapon which is call recast, than after that you can use that recast weapon to make a more powerful one which is second recast, the 3rd recast is the max recast atm, but they are weapon for level 100+. (gears, cap and head can be recast too, but again it's equips for level 100+)

You can squad since level 1, you can join squad or make one yourself, most of the time people squad when they go make a instance. Some people prefer quest alone so if you invite someone and they refuse it's ok. If you press ''T'' on the window that open check on the bottom you will see a option ''Random and Free'', random mean when you are in squad the drop are random, example you kill 3 mobs and they drop a item and you pick the item that is randomly going to him or you, Free mean the person that pick the drop get the drop, when I quest before invite someone I personally set in Free cause it's annoying if you kill more mobs than the person and don't get the drop. (Well personally that annoy me to don't get the drop of the mobs I killed specially if the other person stand doing nothing and get the drop xD), but at 99% if you go in a dungeon put it in random. Cause since cleric don't attack in dungeon and heal that would be unfair that they don't get any drop while they work too to do the dungeon.

Also when you are in squad you get less exp when you kill mobs, cause the exp is divided. So personally sometime I prefer quest solo so I get my full exp and drop. Plus as cleric questing is really easy specially with the Dreamchaser pack weap/gears.

I'm still not sure really what you mean with the question 5, but more you craft level is high more you can craft high level item, but everyone that have the same level can craft the same item.

The difference that maybe you mean is low level stuff you craft have random stats while the high level stuff people craft have fix stats. At low level if you craft let's say a weapon you don't know which stats you will get, but it's random people with high level craft don't have more chance to get better stats.

Example: If you check to craft a glaive TT99 that will show (That weapon requisite level 7 blacksmith):

Channeling -6%
    Magic +16~17
    Vitality +16~17

Which mean that weapon will have these stats nvm who craft it, you cannot get other stats, the +16~17 mean you can get 16 or 17 Magic points (same for vit), but it's random, someone with a higher level craft (level 8) won't have more chance to get 17 points, higher the craft skill is higher level equips you can craft, but doesn't give more chance of better stats.

The items craft at the npc Tailor, Blacksmith, Craft have random stats, but the items craft in the forges have fix stats, like that glaive will never give something else than chan, magic and vit. The amount of sockets of the item is random too.

I hope it help you with #5 question. xD

I personally have apothecary level 8 on 3 chars, I have level 7 tailor and craft and level 6 blacksmith, I farmed my mats to level my skills cause I don't use real money in game and didn't wanted to pay 45m coin for books. I almost never use my tailor and blacksmith cause a lot of people have those, I used more my craft level 7, but not for me for other people cause not a lot of people have that one. For me actually I used one time blacksmith for recast my weapon.

I don't use anymore for me, when I use it's cause someone that don't have the craft need something craft and I do it for them.

I' personally don't care about the name on my equips, but I know some people are like you and level all their crafts cause they want to have their name on their stuff.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• oonnoo
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Thanks for all the clarification. The defense charm was what I got confused more.

Basically, question no 5 is like this:

are crafted gears>everything
    or
    dungeon drops or whatever you may call it as long as it's not crafted>crafted gears(that way, if this is the case, I would not bother leveling my crafting skills since there is this better alternative or so if it really is better)

About the genie, should I add all stats to dex? I haven't add anything yet. Do I have to follow certain elements to get certain genie skills?

Lol of course I know I can join squads at level 1 but what I wanted to know is what level can I experience instances? The level where my cleric would be of use. Most people solo their way to 30. I wonder if it will be the same after that.
  • cjzum
    cjzum Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    me i don't know i am going into week two of trying to download this game -,-
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Thanks for all the clarification. The defense charm was what I got confused more.

Basically, question no 5 is like this:

are crafted gears>everything
    or
    dungeon drops or whatever you may call it as long as it's not crafted>crafted gears(that way, if this is the case, I would not bother leveling my crafting skills since there is this better alternative or so if it really is better)

About the genie, should I add all stats to dex? I haven't add anything yet. Do I have to follow certain elements to get certain genie skills?

Lol of course I know I can join squads at level 1 but what I wanted to know is what level can I experience instances? The level where my cleric would be of use. Most people solo their way to 30. I wonder if it will be the same after that.

Crafting gears isn't really worth unless you're also leveling crafting skills. Both dropped and crafted gears are about the same, depends on luck. You can craft or get dropped the same kind of gear I believe. Better alternatives are mold gears (a bit hard to get at low level) and TT gears at 60+, but they are both "crafted" though mats for it are easier to get and stats are guaranteed.

About genie, click "affinities" in genie menu and then "skills" and you will see what elements are needed for each skill. There is no point in adding str/dex untill you know which skills you want to get. Str/dex only boost skill effects (can see which at watcher of the earth).

First instance is FB19 cave at level 19, then 29, 39 and BH daily quests in instances after 40. Might take you awhile to get squad though as low level population is... low b:surrender
    You can easly get someone highier to solo it for you, which though, defeats the purpose of being usefull as a cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • oonnoo
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Thanks there. Now may I know which class is hated most? Hated in squads and usually a loner. But not really a super loner like veno although I may choose it too. But is powerful when situation needs it.
    I came up with these classes. I don't know if they are true.

Veno - since she's a soloer and there's no reason for her to be in a squad other than to debuff, lure, and sometimes tank. Well I don't think she is hated.

Wizard - since they can probably take good care of themselves and at higher levels they can one shot most? And they hate to level him since it's a pain especially at early levels? I guess this one can fit me.

Archer - since they are like wiz but physical damage. Can fit me too?

Assassins - since they pwn? But there are too many of them. Doesn't fit me yet.

EDIT: lol I googled threads about this and I was redirected to a poll that has assassins being the most hated.

I guess I won't know what class I'll play until I join squads with my cleric xD He's lvl 32 already.

Another one,
    I remember when I asked someone to help me in my fb19 token quest and I healed him and I got attacked. Why is that? Didn't he who helped me initiated a full aggro already? I remember healing him when the boss has I think half hp already.
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    You ask a lot of questions. XD
    Most hated comes in cycles. First it was venos, because the nix and herc were all OP, but now its not.
    Then when sins rolled around, they were OP, but now they arent cause people figured out to kill them.
    Psy a lot of people think are more OP then wizards, but it depends.
    Archers...not sure. They can be OP if people know how to use them correctly. Ive ran into a lot of stupid archers though, which is kind of ironic cause they are supposed to be smart with math and strategy. :P

Yeah i probably didnt help much at all.
  • oonnoo
    edited February 2013
    Options
    You ask a lot of questions. XD
    Most hated comes in cycles. First it was venos, because the nix and herc were all OP, but now its not.
    Then when sins rolled around, they were OP, but now they arent cause people figured out to kill them.
    Psy a lot of people think are more OP then wizards, but it depends.
    Archers...not sure. They can be OP if people know how to use them correctly. Ive ran into a lot of stupid archers though, which is kind of ironic cause they are supposed to be smart with math and strategy. :P

Yeah i probably didnt help much at all.

Oh no you did helped ^^

Hm still not contented with question no 5 b:puzzled,
    It's simply like this
    are crafted items the best? Or are there better? How would you rank military items as to drops and crafted,etc things?

additional question,
    where can I get that lvl 30 yellow name weapon? It's not crafted.

Be sure to answer my questions on my previous post ^^

ok to sum it,
    answer the above^ (about question no.5 in bold)

then this
    I remember when I asked someone to help me in my fb19 token quest and I healed him and I got attacked. Why is that? Didn't he who helped me initiated a full aggro already? I remember healing him when the boss has I think half hp already.

then this

and don't forget your opinions about the most hated/loner class!

EDIT
    for example both player A and B befriended each other. Then player B deleted player A from his friend list. Player A did not. Is player B visible in player A's friend list?

I ask lots of question because I find it better than not knowing at all. And at least I care about the game ^^
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Oh no you did helped ^^

Hm still not contented with question no 5 b:puzzled,
    It's simply like this
    are crafted items the best? Or are there better? How would you rank military items as to drops and crafted,etc things?

No.

- NPC gear (white, 1 star, lowest stats)
    - mob/boss dropped gears (white or blue 1 star/blue 2 star/purple 3 star)
    - crafted (white or blue 1 star/blue 2 star/purple 3 star)
    - quest rewards
    - rank equipment
    - mold gear (yellow, needs mold (boss drop) + mats)
    - TT gear (green, needs TT mats)

Dropped and crafted gears can be same as NPC or have quite decent stats (more stars = better in this case). Quest gears are normally pretty good. Can be better then crafted/dropped. Rank gear is normally the best, but it requires reputation.
    Mold gears is avalible from about level 20 but kind of rare at low levels since nobody farms low level bosses. There is alternative was to make molds though (chips). TT gear is simple to make and upgradable, starting from level 30. Rank, mold and TT are all (normally) better then crafted, dropped and quest rewards.

additional question,

I don't know which wep you mean, but it's a mold most likely. Can get mold or already made wep from AH, farm boss that drops it or chip mold.

Be sure to answer my questions on my previous post ^^

ok to sum it,
    answer the above^ (about question no.5 in bold)

then this
    Maybe there were mobs around boss that attacked you? FB19 bosses have mobs around so if he didn't kill or aggro them they attacked you.

then this
    Answered already.

and don't forget your opinions about the most hated/loner class!

EDIT
    for example both player A and B befriended each other. Then player B deleted player A from his friend list. Player A did not. Is player B visible in player A's friend list?

It's still on friend list, but shown offline.

I ask lots of question because I find it better than not knowing at all. And at least I care about the game ^^

Yep XD

That 5 char...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    MikoTenshi - Sanctuary Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I think you worry about the character stuff too much you are going to start to miss the fun. Not saying it's a bad idea to ask questions, it's just the game had gotten so easy to level, it doesn't matter how many characters you decide to try. I can pretty much say, at the rate of the current game style, you can roll all 10 classes in a year (as you can see, your cleric is alrdy 32).

But there to more to add to Nariin about gears. Crafted gears are not necessarily always better than mold/tt (lvl 60+)/rank (especially in low level), but it is true in most occasions. Sometimes you can see on world chat, people selling a necks/arms/pants/younameit, with things like -3 chan, - int, vit/str/dex/mag blahblah. Depending on your choices of gears, such gears named just now can be way better than you current gold gears or tt gears. And you should consider which are more affordable and useful.

You don't really need to compair which type of gears are better. You should pick gears base on what you want. For example, say you like HP more than reduced channel. Then you would pick the gears that gives extre vit, sometimes there are more available vit on mold gears, sometimes on tt, sometimes on crafted. I for one, don't buy pure tt gears like some other players at certain levels. Some peopler have the whole set of TT60, I might have some 60, some mold, some crafted, entirely based on what I want not what is "better" rank wise.

As a pve cleric, I prefer vit and - ch over mag. My gears at 90s used to be rank 8 top and weapon, tt99 pants, arm and shoes, lunar capes, warsoul helm, OHT rings, belt and neck (crafted purple gears). Which you can see, is a mixed of different type of gears and not one stable type of gears base on rank. Because if I chose base on the suppose "best" gear, my whole set would be the available rank 8 (which would be top, pants, shoes, arms, neck, belt, weap.)

Then again, at low level, you get the free gold gears (from dreamchaser pack) that is better than any offered craft/mold/rank gears up to level 40 (which can be used till 60).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy made by Silvychar <3
  • oonnoo
    edited February 2013
    Options
    That 5 char...
    That is what I want to hear. And that was long ago. I use a different account. I made that so I can try different characters lol.

I'm sure there were no other mobs near me when we arrived at the boss in fb19. I don't really know when to heal yet. It's quite contradicting that I got hit when the boss' hp has passed through 1/4.
    I think you worry about the character stuff too much you are going to start to miss the fun. Not saying it's a bad idea to ask questions, it's just the game had gotten so easy to level, it doesn't matter how many characters you decide to try. I can pretty much say, at the rate of the current game style, you can roll all 10 classes in a year (as you can see, your cleric is alrdy 32).

But there to more to add to Nariin about gears. Crafted gears are not necessarily always better than mold/tt (lvl 60+)/rank (especially in low level), but it is true in most occasions. Sometimes you can see on world chat, people selling a necks/arms/pants/younameit, with things like -3 chan, - int, vit/str/dex/mag blahblah. Depending on your choices of gears, such gears named just now can be way better than you current gold gears or tt gears. And you should consider which are more affordable and useful.

You don't really need to compair which type of gears are better. You should pick gears base on what you want. For example, say you like HP more than reduced channel. Then you would pick the gears that gives extre vit, sometimes there are more available vit on mold gears, sometimes on tt, sometimes on crafted. I for one, don't buy pure tt gears like some other players at certain levels. Some peopler have the whole set of TT60, I might have some 60, some mold, some crafted, entirely based on what I want not what is "better" rank wise.

As a pve cleric, I prefer vit and - ch over mag. My gears at 90s used to be rank 8 top and weapon, tt99 pants, arm and shoes, lunar capes, warsoul helm, OHT rings, belt and neck (crafted purple gears). Which you can see, is a mixed of different type of gears and not one stable type of gears base on rank. Because if I chose base on the suppose "best" gear, my whole set would be the available rank 8 (which would be top, pants, shoes, arms, neck, belt, weap.)

Then again, at low level, you get the free gold gears (from dreamchaser pack) that is better than any offered craft/mold/rank gears up to level 40 (which can be used till 60).

But it's better to ask than to miss something or am I overlooking it? The bolded phrase is kinda confusing since Nariin said TT gears are best?

Err, is this attitude a sign of OCD or just super curiosity?
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    MikoTenshi - Sanctuary Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    That is what I want to hear. And that was long ago. I use a different account. I made that so I can try different characters lol.

I'm sure there were no other mobs near me when we arrived at the boss in fb19. I don't really know when to heal yet. It's quite contradicting that I got hit when the boss' hp has passed through 1/4.

But it's better to ask than to miss something or am I overlooking it? The bolded phrase is kinda confusing since Nariin said TT gears are best?

Err, is this attitude a sign of OCD or just super curiosity?

Asking is good, just no need to get every tiny detail, because the point of the game is to play and discover. If you learn absolutely everything before hand, then there is less and less point to the game if you know what I mean.

TT is NOT the best (pretty sure she didn't say TT is the best). But I did make a mistake, I meant to say crafted gears CAN be better than TT/mold/rank.

The only "best" gear in the game at time is rank gear, rank 9. Is why I said you should pick base on what is better for you. Giving gears a rank is kind of vague. For example mag weap, att level 70 there is a mold mag sword and the TT weapons. Gold Mold weap, Sakyamuni's Light, TT weap, Gried's breath, TT weap, Ashura's Sign, and then there are drops and crafted regular gears that might give adds like -ch with mag and vit (example). They each give different stats (on the right side, item addons), people pick base on what they want. Some prefer vit, some prefer mag, some prefer phy resistent. Now which would you say is the best? I can't tell you which I think is the best, but I can tell you I prefer -ch and vit.

Now I said crafted gears can be better is, at level 90s, there is a new set of crafted gears, old heaven's tear gears. Hand crafted just like the ones you make from npc. So, I don't think there is a mold neck (atleast, none that I saw) but there is Luna's Necklace, which are some nice adds but stable, unable to change. But OHT gears, you can get stats from vit, to ch reduce, to mag, to phy resist, to anything you can name almost. On Sanc, I seen a neck that is -18ch. If you are a reduced channel fanatic, no doubt, that neck is the best.

However, when you get higher level and is able to afford expensive things, the best gears for 80s-100s are these (AA wise and in my opinion):
    level 80s cape/belt/neck are really really expensive, but are the best and literally end game gears (neck and belt can still be upgraded into best but this is just for show so no need really)
    level 90s pants can also be green TT, personal preferences. Weap is Neon Purgatory, but there are others base on what you like (again)
    level 99 in my opinion, unless you are really rich that is willing to switch from 90 to 99, then to 100, I would skip the 90 since it's expensive and bound. I, however got the 90s because I had 3 AA alts and didn't know if I would get to 99/100 soon, sooo yup.
    I didn't put any OHT / regular gears because I'm way too lazy. And I'm not going to show 100s, because there are so many choices and, basically best is rank 9 soo. Yup. But this is what I had before I quit back in Sept. I'm not a super rich person, soo it's not best gears, just for show to show the mix and match.

One very important thing for clerics is, NEVER heal someone until you see them take FULL aggro on everything. If you heal while they are pulling (didn't atk yet). you are suiciding. You can heal them before they pull, or after they take aggro. Don't do something they said just because they said so. Some people are idiots. Just remember what I just wrote.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy made by Silvychar <3
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I kinda agree with Miko, you worry too much, it's okay to ask questions ofc and we are happy to answer, but you should maybe play the game, you will learn the stuff in game too.

For gears it depend on the level. For caster before level 90 I would say don't bother with TT gears, mold are really great and cheaper. For the weapon you can get the TT60-70-80, at level 85 I suggest the Aquadash cause you can use it 'til level 100 and it's easy to sell back when done with it.

I'll try to post later the molds I'm speaking about so you can see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Pulled this comment from well back in the thread, but I didn't see it corrected:
    Veno has 2 [AOEs], one cost 1 chi, long cd.

While it is true venos have only 2 human form magic AOEs, they also have 2 foxform AOEs that do physical damage (one costs 2 sparks with a long cooldown, the other very short range with a fan-shaped AOE with a fairly short cooldown), a foxform skill that has a random chance of doing one or more of: reducing physical resistance to 0, reducing magical resistance to 0, applying a bleed DOT or applying a poison DOT to any enemy in range, and if sage, their purge skill is AOE (removing all buffs from enemies in range, mostly a PVP skill.)

Also, Parasitic Nova costs 2 sparks, not "1 chi".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • oonnoo
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Ok new question here. Which class has the most versatility? We can tell many things about versatility but what I would like to play is the one who can attack, support in some instances, defend when needed, and provide beneficial buffs. Basically a mix of everything.

For melee, I think it's blademaster.
    For magic, I think it's mystic, veno, or psychic?

And for a mix of both worlds, probably seeker?

Going further, let's go to the my more prefered classes from the above choices:
    I have a feeling a might go seeker, mystic, or psychic. Are psychocs even versatile?

In my most accurate opinion, I would prioritize damage dealing, then defend and or support, then heal when needed.

I first thought wizards can be versatile because of those elements.
    PLS DON'T HESITATE TO ADD IF I MISSED A THING.

Judging how I always ask things, I guess I might be the versatile one. Agree? Not to mention how I most of the time change thoughts.
    edited February 2013
    Options
    We already answered those question earlier in the thread.

Mystic is the only real versatile class.

Psy and wizz are not support in any way, they are pure DD.

Mystic and veno are support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Shizunne - Heavens Tear
    Shizunne - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,277 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Yes, the most versatile class is Mystic due their pets, summon debuff/healing plants, and some other awesome skills like absorb soul combo which, if I am correct, directly hits through any deffence skills, basically read this. It turns out it is a pretty nice class for pvp :3 + you will have 2 healing ''pets'', so it is very nice for squads or yourself in instances and such.. Then you have pets, one of them is physical dd, can use a stun skill, then there is a magic one, then there is one that gives some awesome shields that absorb damage, then there is another one which is quite strong but I haven't seen anyone using him a lot prolly cos it has a timer.. THEN you can actually sacrifice these summons to get some nice buffs.. So it seems if you can play a mystic good you can cause some trouble on pvp :3 and of course you can save your squad's booties when they are in a pinch xD
    You should visit class discussion section, I think you would find answer to every question you have :3 and maybe it would help you choose the most preffered class..
    Anyways you have to try that class out to see for yourself because we can't tell you what class you would actually like or what class you are suitable for x.x

huuuhh.. bm's are quite wanted due their hf skill (heavens flame), and for their deff buff (aura of golden bell), + they are quite nice pullers, if they know how to pull lmao. oh yeah, since pwi has changed, blademasters are required to have fists/claws for fast killing and axes for hf, so, you have to go for 2 masteries.

Well speaking for seekers.. I, personally love this class. When they were first released (mystics and seekers) I was really in a pinch which to choose. I tried mystic, I really liked it, but I had a change of mind and for unknown reasons decided to roll a seeker. Well, rofl, I had so much fun being a dd xD (I had been playing mostly with aa classes before).
    What I like about seekers is their debuffs, they reduce mobs/players att/deff. They have a deff buff which can increase your deff lvl +33 lvl (sage), they have ''squad'' buffs which can increase either party's deff lvl by 5 or att lvl by 3... then they have ''debuff'' transfer skill xD basically I used this skill in nirvy to add hf to non-hf-able bosses ;p which also can silence your opponent then it has immobilze skill and one stun skill BUT it is not very good at stun+lock like bm is. Bm is better at stun/locking mob groups, where as sin is better at stunning in pvp.. So basically, yeah, my favorite skill that seekers has: Vortex and edged blur. Both aoe skills. Vortex is why people will love you and will always invite you to ff. Edged blur is more pvp since it can cut the s*** through deffence and knock out sins and archers from stealth.
    huh I could talk a lot about them but I will say just few words.

IF you can play your class well, you can be pro at dd, healing and maybe even tanking.
    BUT please, go to class discussion or google skills af the classes. Maybe you will find something interesting. Because we are not super-humans, we can't get in your mind and see, what you might like :)

But if you want versatility, then go for mystic or cleric. Since seekers can't heal others ._______.

Oh yeah, it was very interesting to read this thread xD Probably the one of those threads where I read every single comment xD

One last advice: Less talk, more work ali_023.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Thank you very much for amazing siggy, Silvy!~
    I'm an angel! Honestly!
    These horns are just there to keep the halo up straight.. (っ◠‿◠)っ ♥
    (づ ̄ 3 ̄)づ ♥ I luv Kossie
    There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva. ♬♪♫ ヾ(*◕‿◕)ノ ♬♪♫
  • oonnoo
    edited February 2013
    Options
    We already answered those question earlier in the thread.

Mystic is the only real versatile class.

Psy and wizz are not support in any way, they are pure DD.

Mystic and veno are support.
    Apologies b:victory
    Yes, the most versatile class is Mystic due their pets, summon debuff/healing plants, and some other awesome skills like absorb soul combo which, if I am correct, directly hits through any deffence skills, basically read this. It turns out it is a pretty nice class for pvp :3 + you will have 2 healing ''pets'', so it is very nice for squads or yourself in instances and such.. Then you have pets, one of them is physical dd, can use a stun skill, then there is a magic one, then there is one that gives some awesome shields that absorb damage, then there is another one which is quite strong but I haven't seen anyone using him a lot prolly cos it has a timer.. THEN you can actually sacrifice these summons to get some nice buffs.. So it seems if you can play a mystic good you can cause some trouble on pvp :3 and of course you can save your squad's booties when they are in a pinch xD
    You should visit class discussion section, I think you would find answer to every question you have :3 and maybe it would help you choose the most preffered class..
    Anyways you have to try that class out to see for yourself because we can't tell you what class you would actually like or what class you are suitable for x.x

huuuhh.. bm's are quite wanted due their hf skill (heavens flame), and for their deff buff (aura of golden bell), + they are quite nice pullers, if they know how to pull lmao. oh yeah, since pwi has changed, blademasters are required to have fists/claws for fast killing and axes for hf, so, you have to go for 2 masteries.

Well speaking for seekers.. I, personally love this class. When they were first released (mystics and seekers) I was really in a pinch which to choose. I tried mystic, I really liked it, but I had a change of mind and for unknown reasons decided to roll a seeker. Well, rofl, I had so much fun being a dd xD (I had been playing mostly with aa classes before).
    What I like about seekers is their debuffs, they reduce mobs/players att/deff. They have a deff buff which can increase your deff lvl +33 lvl (sage), they have ''squad'' buffs which can increase either party's deff lvl by 5 or att lvl by 3... then they have ''debuff'' transfer skill xD basically I used this skill in nirvy to add hf to non-hf-able bosses ;p which also can silence your opponent then it has immobilze skill and one stun skill BUT it is not very good at stun+lock like bm is. Bm is better at stun/locking mob groups, where as sin is better at stunning in pvp.. So basically, yeah, my favorite skill that seekers has: Vortex and edged blur. Both aoe skills. Vortex is why people will love you and will always invite you to ff. Edged blur is more pvp since it can cut the s*** through deffence and knock out sins and archers from stealth.
    huh I could talk a lot about them but I will say just few words.

IF you can play your class well, you can be pro at dd, healing and maybe even tanking.
    BUT please, go to class discussion or google skills af the classes. Maybe you will find something interesting. Because we are not super-humans, we can't get in your mind and see, what you might like :)

But if you want versatility, then go for mystic or cleric. Since seekers can't heal others ._______.

Oh yeah, it was very interesting to read this thread xD Probably the one of those threads where I read every single comment xD

One last advice: Less talk, more work ali_023.gif
    I thought no one was having fun reading each comment? But thanks there.

Basically psychics and seekers are cool for me that's why I tried putting them in my choice list. I understand how majority of you vote for mystics for versatility but their stance or how do I say it? Character pose is not that good.

It's ok If I can't heal with seekers because there's the genieb:pleased.
    I was just basically asking if seekers and psychics can be "versatile" in some sort of way. Well if nothing works out, I guess I'll stick to my cleric and or just create a mystic.

And about the last line there, I agree but I also don't want to waste my time for nothing but nevertheless, it will add to my experiences so I say, you're the victor b:surrender.

Nice 1,111 post there xD
  • Shizunne - Heavens Tear
    Shizunne - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,277 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options

I thought no one was having fun reading each comment? But thanks there.

Basically psychics and seekers are cool for me that's why I tried putting them in my choice list. I understand how majority of you vote for mystics for versatility but their stance or how do I say it? Character pose is not that good.

It's ok If I can't heal with seekers because there's the genieb:pleased.
    I was just basically asking if seekers and psychics can be "versatile" in some sort of way. Well if nothing works out, I guess I'll stick to my cleric and or just create a mystic.

And about the last line there, I agree but I also don't want to waste my time for nothing but nevertheless, it will add to my experiences so I say, you're the victor b:surrender.

Nice 1,111 post there xD

lawl it's 1,112 now ;p and I highly recommend you sticking to your choice: cleric. If you won't seek very easy way to level up like pwr lvl'ing, then the cleric, hmm, how should I say, game-play? will teach you the neccessary qualities that are needed for you to be a good player :3 Like Venus said, bh's teach you various things step by step, I dun remember Miko or Bella said, that it will teach you how to observe the whole situation. Let's say, you will level up your cleric, you will be a good player, you will probably have quite quick reflexes and observation skills + good clerics are ALWAYS needed somewhere. Then if you decide to roll a new character, you will already have a strong base probably AND it will be easier for you to play other classes because from my own experience, cleric has to pay the MOST attention to his/her playing. Why I am saying it will be easier for you? Well, let's think about it. When you will play as DD, you won't be only thinking like this (NOTE: that is not meant for everybody xD):
    ''Hurr hurr hurr, kill teh mobs, kill everybody, hurr hurr hurr '' The killing won't be the only thing in your mind probably.. You will actually think about other classes, pay attention at what they do whatsoever x3
    Oh yea,
    Don't forget this game doesn't end playing in squads and doing bh, it has also tw, factions, nw, PK >:D if you are not interested in pk now, you will be interested later because when you will reach high lvl you won't have anything moar interesting to do :3 bh's will be an every-day-boring-routine-thing so you will search for something fun to do. Well that's what happened to me long time ago e.e Pk is fun in it's own ways.. Or was till sins stealth,spark,but ofc there are some decent people whom you can pk >:D

Okay I am sorry I have written so much Dx Just wanted to give a proper reply and yeah, stick with cleric! and Best of luck and most importantly don't forget to have fun and get some very good in-game buddies because they will be the reason you will not quit pwi xD

And meh, you will ''digest'' everything really quick when you will actually do something, brains are working better that way. I am not saying you are doing not a good thing that you are collecting and showing interest in various things, to be exact, it is good, you won't be noobing around very much :3 but it is even better to make mistakes, lots of them, since learning from your mistakes is the best way to learn, cos you won't be like this: ''Oh, I did this thing right, 1233456789765 time in a row, what I am going to do now? '' That's when people loose motivation. But yeah, if you make mistakes too often, it is not very good too e.e omg I am contradicting myself..again.. So either way, I wish you good luck, don't be a power lvler and learn how to play your class and HAVE FUN because that is why this game was primary made (well apart from money ripping) ali_099.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Thank you very much for amazing siggy, Silvy!~
    I'm an angel! Honestly!
    These horns are just there to keep the halo up straight.. (っ◠‿◠)っ ♥
    (づ ̄ 3 ̄)づ ♥ I luv Kossie
    There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva. ♬♪♫ ヾ(*◕‿◕)ノ ♬♪♫