Trouble leveling

Options
EarthProtect - Harshlands
EarthProtect - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
I have just returned to perfect world, i remember getting to 70 by doing fc but i don't see anyone doing them anymore and its kinda annoying. Anyone got a suggestion on how and were to level?
Post edited by EarthProtect - Harshlands on

Comments

• Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    try to form a PV for your lvl range, its once per day, but well worth it
  • ThaSpectre - Archosaur
    ThaSpectre - Archosaur Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Do daylys like BH and find a faction with a base and do those base quests
    Seeker-A dominant warrior who deftly manipulates a colossal blade; his sword skills are a sight to behold.

[SIGPIC]http://i41.tinypic.com/nya1j6.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Jabella - Heavens Tear
    Jabella - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Try and get squads for PV.
    Bounty Hunters.
    Faction quest.
    Buy hypers and farm kill.
    LucidSilver/Gold Envoy.
    Plvls but i wouldnt recomend it.
    Quest.
    Oracles.
    I dont know if people still do it but you can use zenning.

Luckily for us the game has been improved in such ways that leveling is really easy. Just make sure you have people from not highger or lower than 10 lvls from you and you'll see how easy it is.

Good luck =)
  • EarthProtect - Harshlands
    edited January 2013
    Options
    What is PV?
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    What is PV?

Phoenix Valley .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    You could.. like... do quests and play the game...
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Seriously? Getting to 70lvl by doing fc? Whats with people trying to level up so fast and easy way? Game isn't fun without any CHALLENGE. People who power level ruin the name of Perfect World. have this game become all about leveling? Do you even ever read what npc is telling you when you are getting a quest? You should sometimes read, take your time to level up and enjoy. But right after making a toon and after that you go straight to fc.. You people who are doing this, you play 100% wrong. And if my opinion disturbs you, then do not reply. But people who agree with me, feel free to join me with this opinion.
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Seriously? Getting to 70lvl by doing fc? Whats with people trying to level up so fast and easy way? Game isn't fun without any CHALLENGE. People who power level ruin the name of Perfect World. have this game become all about leveling? Do you even ever read what npc is telling you when you are getting a quest? You should sometimes read, take your time to level up and enjoy. But right after making a toon and after that you go straight to fc.. You people who are doing this, you play 100% wrong. And if my opinion disturbs you, then do not reply. But people who agree with me, feel free to join me with this opinion.

I'm not you...
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I was talking about all who are like you. Ruining this game with power leveling. Whats the hurry?
  • ThaSpectre - Archosaur
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I was talking about all who are like you. Ruining this game with power leveling. Whats the hurry?
    people powerlevel too get too the end game events such as TW and NW and play the game at the endgame stage without having too no life and quest for hours. So it does'nt ruin the game
    Seeker-A dominant warrior who deftly manipulates a colossal blade; his sword skills are a sight to behold.

• Nature_God - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    That is exactly what ruins the game. And if doing quests and leveling normal way is ''too no life'' then it also means that if you play PWI at all is ''too no life''. In case all games. So watch what you are saying. Anything that considers with *Game* can be *no life*. But its pathetic to level up so you can just join end game, you miss so much. PWI staff didn't do this game for only that you can join *end game* seesh. And I know PWI staff agrees with me 100%
    edited January 2013
    Options
    ive been level 70 for around 2 years now,i think i can rush level now if i wanted to? Besides its not ruining the game
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    You could.. like... do quests and play the game...

This is what I was thinking. b:surrender
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
    edited January 2013
    Options
    This is what I was thinking. b:surrender

If i was to do quests it will take me ages to level >.>
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    That is the point. It SHOULD take ages to level up, not 1 hour...

And guess what? Its been 4 years since I joined PWI, my first character was Blademaster, I leveled up normally, did quests like NORMAl players do, reached to 45lvl, and then I just deleted that toon. Why? Because it was my first toon and I did some things wrong and learned to play PWI a little. Then came Tideborns, did Assassin to 49lvl, wohoo, deleted that too, because I again learned about PWI. And this time came Earthguards, awesome. And about 2 month's ago, my Seeker reached 70lvl, and all I did was pure quests. I didn't even notice that time passed by so fast. And you say that it takes ages to level up. Of course it does if you think about it every 1 second. But no, now people skip the noob part of the game and go straight way to *end game*. But guess what people, I have a surprise for you ^^

If you skip the noob part of the game. You will always stay as a Noob. No matter what level you are.
  • jayzan
    jayzan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Sorry i dont want to spend another 2 years getting to level 90
  • ThaSpectre - Archosaur
    edited January 2013
    Options
    You talk as if your a better player because you don't power level and you quest through the game power level does not make you a bad player it doesn't turn you into a noob and normal players do power level more than half of 100+ characters power leveled there and that doesn't automatically make them noobs and it doesn't ruin the game either power leveling helps it when people power level they spend money too get the gold and in game coin too buy it and that gives PWI money and keeps them going its power leveling that helps the game and just because you don't do it doesn't make you any better than players that do.

• Nature_God - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Woah :D I see someone got offended. Of course it makes me a better player because I actually play the way the games should be played. I am sorry but you can't change that fact at all :) So half of the PWI players are noobs because they skipped that part, I feel sorry for them.
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I dont see how anyone could have trouble leveling in this game now. Levels are practically handed to you on a silver platter with all the types of quests and bhs and whatnot. You can even level now in your sleep with realm of reflection.

I started a seeker the other day and you can probably hit 30 in less than an hour just doing regular quests when it used to take a lot longer. This carries on till you get up into the 80s where the quests become long again. Even then, bh and legitimate FC will level. Why call it legit? Because you can actually participate and help kill bosses instead of just killing heads with a ****ty bow.
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    And you don't have to spend real money to power level. I wonder where you got that stupid idea :D You can just collect game money inside of this game and buy stupid Hyper stones.
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    If i was to do quests it will take me ages to level >.>

Uninstall. Seriously, mmo's are not console rpgs and you're not supposed to hit 100 in under a week. No one wants to squad with a power leveled character, do the higher levels in your server a favor and if you don't want to actually play, don't bother at all. Power leveling is for players who already have a 100+ main and even then shouldn't be relied on.

Quests are a legitimate option. The experience from quests now is silly good. I put my cleric from 83-84 in a day doing the new quests. Then top that exp off with BH, WQ and see if you can get some PV runs going. You're actually at a ridiculously easy level for BH, because all the bosses in 59 can be tanked by an arcane, so that cuts off the search for a barb when you form your own squads. Back when I started there was no BH, no FCC, no hypers and quests gave 20k exp a pop for triple the mob kills. Everyone still hit 90+.

Without fcc lv70-85 is a matter of a few weeks tops. Then you will find FCC squads, actual full runs and leveling should continue fast from there.
  • jayzan
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I dont see how anyone could have trouble leveling in this game now. Levels are practically handed to you on a silver platter with all the types of quests and bhs and whatnot. You can even level now in your sleep with realm of reflection.

I started a seeker the other day and you can probably hit 30 in less than an hour just doing regular quests when it used to take a lot longer. This carries on till you get up into the 80s where the quests become long again. Even then, bh and legitimate FC will level. Why call it legit? Because you can actually participate and help kill bosses instead of just killing heads with a ****ty bow.
    I'm level 70 not 30. Meh ill try bh and other instances
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Uninstall. Seriously, mmo's are not console rpgs and you're not supposed to hit 100 in under a week. No one wants to squad with a power leveled character, do the higher levels in your server a favor and if you don't want to actually play, don't bother at all. Power leveling is for players who already have a 100+ main and even then shouldn't be relied on.

Quests are a legitimate option. The experience from quests now is silly good. I put my cleric from 83-84 in a day doing the new quests. Then top that exp off with BH, WQ and see if you can get some PV runs going. You're actually at a ridiculously easy level for BH, because all the bosses in 59 can be tanked by an arcane, so that cuts off the search for a barb when you form your own squads. Back when I started there was no BH, no FCC, no hypers and quests gave 20k exp a pop for triple the mob kills. Everyone still hit 90+.

Without fcc lv70-85 is a matter of a few weeks tops. Then you will find FCC squads, actual full runs and leveling should continue fast from there.

Exactly this. b:victory
    You know what i hear most out of people who power level to 100? "I'm bored".
    I have friends who decided to power level, and now all they do is stand around infront of west arch whacking each other and whining that they are bored while online because there is nothing to do. When you hit 101-105 and have you armor, there is nothing to do but pk and pk like events, or run other noobs through FC. That's fine for like a month, but after that, you will just complain you are bored and most likely start another character only to plvl that too and end up in the same place.

jayzan wrote: »
    I'm level 70 not 30. Meh ill try bh and other instances
    I dont care. They changed the lvl 70 quests to be just like the lvl 30 quests. You only have to kill 15 mobs instead of the 70 they used to make you kill and they upped the amount of exp you earned after turning it in. So yeah, same thing.
  • jayzan
    edited January 2013
    Options

I've been sitting at 70 for 2 years look at my characters creation date. Silly telling me to "Uninstall" because its obvious that, that wont happen and lasty im not going to spend months just trying to get to level 90. I have done bh, CS and a bunch of doe daily quests. i only started doing fc when i got to 60 which was like a year ago
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    jayzan wrote: »
    I've been sitting at 70 for 2 years look at my characters creation date. Silly telling me to "Uninstall" because its obvious that, that wont happen and lasty im not going to spend months just trying to get to level 90. I have done bh, CS and a bunch of doe daily quests. i only started doing fc when i got to 60 which was like a year ago

I'm sorry but I'm having some trouble picturing a legit full frost run being done by lvl 60's. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Options

I'm sorry but I'm having some trouble picturing a legit full frost run being done by lvl 60's. b:surrender

Pretty sure they meant heads. :P no lvl 60 squad would be able to clear FC very well. If they did it would of been a hell of a lot of dying and hp pots and charms.
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I've been 70lvl for 3 weeks now, stopped leveling for a moment and focus on collecting money. And I still think that PWI is interesting and 100% not boring. And after my Seeker is complete, at 105 lvl and good gears. I'll go for another toon, and still PWI will be interesting because I will be playing with different skills, weapons, armors. This is how people should play. To keep that PWI interest burning b:angry

But of course power levelers want to be bored.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Pretty sure they meant heads. :P no lvl 60 squad would be able to clear FC very well. If they did it would of been a hell of a lot of dying and hp pots and charms.

I did it with some friends about 2 years ago. We had decent refines on our gear, but our goal was working backwards from high levels to show how easy FCC was and how ridiculous it was that level 80's and 90's were having trouble with it.

We had a level 56 in our squad and the rest were all 60-69. Took us 2 1/2 hours.

Our next goal was to do a level 50 squad, however without some of the level 59 skills and double spark it became much slower and harder. At least a 59 barb, bm, and cleric are needed to FCC effectively and still do full pulls. The other huge problem is the level difference causes damage reduction and mobs die reeeeaallly slow sometimes.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Seriously, do quests to level. They've increased the xp reward from them dramatically, as well as made them much faster to complete.
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I did it with some friends about 2 years ago. We had decent refines on our gear, but our goal was working backwards from high levels to show how easy FCC was and how ridiculous it was that level 80's and 90's were having trouble with it.

We had a level 56 in our squad and the rest were all 60-69. Took us 2 1/2 hours.

Our next goal was to do a level 50 squad, however without some of the level 59 skills and double spark it became much slower and harder. At least a 59 barb, bm, and cleric are needed to FCC effectively and still do full pulls. The other huge problem is the level difference causes damage reduction and mobs die reeeeaallly slow sometimes.

Yeah i wasnt saying it was impossible, im saying it would of been very difficult, and the way the OP was talking about wanting to level fast i doubt they would of dedicated 2 hours to doing one FC run. That would of been leveling too slow for his taste. I on the other hand, loved doing junk like that.