Bot Grinding?

2»

Comments

• __Conn - Archosaur
    __Conn - Archosaur Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    seitori wrote: »
    its Actually Fairly Easy To Identify Them, Since Most Of Them Are Usually All Set To Pick Up Drops....b:thanks

For Instance ~ 1 Funny Thing To Do Is Drop Single Coins On The Ground.... Or If Your Like Me Theres Another Even More Funnier Way To **** With Some Of Them, Such As "buying A Whole Bunch Of Varying Items Of Low Worth And Dropping Them On The Ground In Front Of Them Or In Their Roaming Zone (b:pleased) "this Works 2 Ways ~ 1 It Still Confirms That They're Bots If A 90's Or Higher Level Bots In H&ll Are Picking Up Starter Level (health And Mp Pots / Broken Red Jade & Etc.) But It Also Takes Up Their Open Bag Spots In Their Strorage Bags, So They Run Outta Slots To Fill Up With The Real Lucrative Drop Items From Those Areas B:laugh

It Really Does Work Wonders, To Shut Them Down For A Little, By Filling Them Up With The Junk Drops You Can Drop In Front Of Them..... Lolzzzzzz ((b:victory))

Must.Try.
  • Nry - Lost City
    Nry - Lost City Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gms dont care about bots
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] united we are to the unit of measuring the greatness!
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Last time I checked: environment killing was against the rules and bannable. -Oh the hypocrisy.

Am I the only one that knows that the action you're supposed to take (if you care so much) is to submit a ticket with evidence?
    gms dont care about bots

Likewise they did nothing when a certain faction leader and Marshal were luring a world boss to kill people and I reported it via ticket. Just look at the action taken against Dragoon glitchers. Why are players hating on other players when they could just join them? It's not the players you should be hating, and you shouldn't be violating the TOS if you have a problem with violators of the TOS.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Amy_Acer - Heavens Tear
    Amy_Acer - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    tweakz wrote: »

Am I the only one that knows that the action you're supposed to take (if you care so much) is to submit a ticket with evidence?

The topic was how to tell if it was a bot or not... (if you cared so much) i posted i didnt want to submit until i was sure it was a bot...
    Physically Disabled Gamer ~ I play with nerve damage and loss of motor skills in my whole body which makes it a bit harder to play the game. Yet I have fun and love to make friends.

P.S. If a video game makes you rage it might be time to uninstall it. ~ IJS. b:bye
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The topic was how to tell if it was a bot or not... (if you cared so much) i posted i didnt want to submit until i was sure it was a bot...

The conversation isn't just about your OP. I'm addressing responses to your post. You will never be sure it's a bot. I don't like responding to idiot wannabe police that pm me asking. I also will sometimes mimic one when someone pisses me off.

I reported someone I was sure was a bot once. I spent months of heavy grinding in the same area as them. They got a mere 1 week suspension and were back doing it again. I only know because they ended up in the same faction and talked about it.

Bots aren't efficient. They're not making people millions a day or exp that exceeds realm (you're better of cat shopping and realming) . People running so called free Lunar runs during double drops and expecting gold mats + EoDs are much worse than bots imo. Call them out on it for charging over double for a supposedly free run and they'll harass the **** out you in WC when you try to make a squad. Bots are also far less annoying than those vit/ pve weapon clerics that show up to BH100s, so why care so much?

When it comes to venos: would you rather have them interfering with your cube run to level their pets than just having their pets on defend somewhere you can avoid or pre-empt them at?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Amy_Acer - Heavens Tear
    Amy_Acer - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    tweakz wrote: »
    I don't like responding to idiot wannabe police that pm me asking. I also will sometimes mimic one when someone pisses me off.

so why care so much?

When it comes to venos: would you rather have them interfering with your cube run to level their pets than just having their pets on defend somewhere you can avoid or pre-empt them at?

First of all your hiny-ness im not policing anything but its rather annoying when your trying to complete a quest and they keep KSing you and they take over a whole area. Why care so much? Its annoying and interupting my questing cuz they been there for days... I delt with another ssin before that that was doing the same thing on another quest. Kept KSing me.... Even if it gets them gone a week i can hang with that....

And ive never done cube and dont care to do cube. I dont have an issue with veno's

And i never been to lunar either so that whole paragraph made no sense
    Physically Disabled Gamer ~ I play with nerve damage and loss of motor skills in my whole body which makes it a bit harder to play the game. Yet I have fun and love to make friends.

P.S. If a video game makes you rage it might be time to uninstall it. ~ IJS. b:bye
  • BustyQT - Archosaur
    BustyQT - Archosaur Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    most bots are easy to spot but there can be some players who display bot-like qualities. like last arch assault i mistakenly assumed this barb killing in a square was a bot it was a specific pattern picked up everything except celestones. i started killing his next would-be targets but he just waited there a bit and then moved on to the next one.

soon as i ks'd he did b:avoid smiley and i immediately apologized stating i thought he was a bot in which he replied that it was no problem and we went on with our killing.

all bots will let you ks them indefinitely. there is no 100% sure fire way to know that someone is botting unless a GM specifically requests a response from someone actively grinding away. although the probability of a GM actually doing their job is nonexistent b:chuckle
  • GenericBrand - Archosaur
    GenericBrand - Archosaur Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ... some players who display bot-like qualities. like last arch assault i mistakenly assumed this barb killing in a square was a bot it was a specific pattern picked up everything except celestones
    That's exactly how I used to do Archosaur assault. The mobs respawn too quickly (especially the last tier) to just kill without some sort of looping pattern. Otherwise you'll find yourself surrounded by mobs just waiting to eat you. Well, just my experience at least.

I generally don't respond to whispers/common chat either when I'm farming (or focused during events like Archosaur assault). That's time I'm wasting to stop moving, reach over to the keyboard, think of a response, and then type it out. Though from now on I'll be on the look out for any "Bot check" pop-ups
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I suspect a few characters in certain areas I go to are bots. I don't send them various questions in whispers, because personally I don't answer whispers unless its someone on my friends list since its normally "buff plz, buff me, kill boss for me, I need thoz" etc. So if someone suspects I'm a bot, they can report me, but anyone that knows me, knows I don't care about amassing a lot of "stuff" in game, so I don't care about coins. If i want something I just buy Zen and transfer it to coins via gold trading. If I wanted to endlessly farm I would raise cows.

Edit - I suspect a GM bot check is a bit different than a whisper, and by all means, if I receive a bot check from a GM I would be happy to answer it, and hope any suspected bots in the area fail their bot test lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • FrostLord - Dreamweaver
    FrostLord - Dreamweaver Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bots are the new virus