Wow really? 10 gold for the new dress?

Comments

• Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Uh... Where are you getting "free and cheap" from?

We want it for the normal boutique price that fashion has been going for. If you bothered to read, you'd note that the only other mentioned fashion that -does- go for 10g(and it's worth **** now), has a special effect to it. You're talking about a... 16m+(price goes up due to color) fashion, that does absolutely nothing. It's normal boutique fashion. Permanent, not limited time or pack fashion.

Most fashion does devalue after a bit, but that's after enough of it goes into circulation and/or people don't like it anymore. Not many people would be willing to pay 10 gold for something that should be 6 gold.

This fash has no special effect, therefore does not warrant a price hike.

Well actually it does warrant a price hike because PW said sob:shedtear...But in all seriousness, I am starting to wonder if the prices are going up a little bit because PW realizes NW can generate up to 10-20m for even an average geared player. Mini coin sink ?
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    b:shocked

LOLWHUT? I havent logged in yet I was so excited to see the news-

Now Im seriously second guessing whether I want it or not .-.

Oh I hate I cant even log on to slap sense into my poor wifey, the addict is going to fall for that =(. Then she needs to dye it, sigh. Then again I suppose it`s better she uses her money on fashion instead of gear, already scaring this poor kitty =(. It`s like you watch what you say or you get slapped and 1shot afterwards to make sure you got the message <.<.

Edit:
    Guaranteed this person doesn't buy fashion. And also guaranteed if something they bought regularly took a 40% price hike for absolutely no reason, they'd be QQ'ing the forums. Ingame 4$ works out to around 6.5m depending on server. It's a big chunk to overpay considering the fashion doesn't have anything special to justify the price.

Actually, topping 6$ with 4$ into 10$ is actually 4$/6$ * 100% = 66.7% increase in price, which is disgusting by any standards.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Nalvaes - Raging Tide
    Nalvaes - Raging Tide Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It counts as both top and bottom, guess that's why it's 10 gold...Still kinda rediculous since most other dresses are only 5-6 gold (even the recent buyable ones)

I'll just stick to my Debuante dress b:cute
    Chaos is an ally not something to avoid...After all, how can your foes stand up to you if they have no idea what your next move will be?

Gear and weapons may make strong opponents but even a strong foe can be felled by the right tactics...
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hmm, I can agree, if this dresses price was about 4 gold cheaper, I would buy it.
    Too expensive Devs, b:surrender Don't do it again if you decide to put new boutique fash in at that kind of price.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If they had modern fash with decent designs, I would be hardcore into fash.

b:avoid

Art department needs more enthusiasm -- possibly. b:laugh
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    It's too expensive for me atm. b:sad

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I bought it, it was ugly, I sold it for loss of 8mb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The first thing I said to my faction when I logged on was "why the hell is the new top 10 gold? Its the same price as the Sapphire dress for WHAT reason exactly?"

I still got one though. Since I'm done making my n2 set I had a surplus of coins from Sunday's NW so I re-engraved my rings and got the Peach Blossom dress. Its the only piece of the new outfit I like.

I got really lucky and it was Amethyst purple to match my eyes. So pretty b:cute

*inb4pricedropsQQ*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Companies will charge what the market will bear. So it remains to be seen what becomes of
    future pricing on new fashion in the boutique.

I can imagine a scenario in which they withheld new boutique fashion for such a long time,
    so that when a new piece DID come out, ppl would be more willing to pay more for it, just
    to have something new. Just a theory, of course.

But I do predict that fairly soon, we'll see this new fash ON SALE for 6 gold, and people
    will jump on it with a psychological feeling of "getting a bargain."

Bottom line is this--if PWI is thriving as it is according to those who envision it going
    on for years to come, then what PWI is currently doing is very successful and they are
    not going to change it. I personally take the opposite tack, and think PWI is squeezing
    out every bit of revenue they can from a game nearing the end of its shelflife.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Complaincomplaincomplaincomplain D:< Is that all th-
    in all seriousness it is much more expensive than the other sets, but well... it makes alot of sense using their profitmindset, really.
    If they started having fashion weeks again, and all of the new fashions were more expensive than the old ones, what do you all think would happen~, would people end up just accepting it and buying the fashion they liked anyway or would they do some sort of ridiculous fashion revolt o_O Doesn't seem like something fashion-addicts would do.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Let this be a lesson to qqers.

If you qq on the forums - pwi will troll youb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • __Conn - Archosaur
    __Conn - Archosaur Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    why do PWI put prices up when they are basically begging people to go on their home page to 'like' them in an effort to hope that people will download their game, even though they raise prices on 'NEW ITEMS' when in fact, they won't be new for long & people won't pay for the items.

Just sheer desperation comes to mind

if they want more ppl to play this game, why dont they just pay popular gaming review tv shows to review their game? this would surely bring a lot of new ppl in and this i think is the most effective way, though it might cost a lot of money, but hopefully its gnna pay for itself
    I can imagine a scenario in which they withheld new boutique fashion for such a long time,
    so that when a new piece DID come out, ppl would be more willing to pay more for it, just
    to have something new. Just a theory, of course.

But I do predict that fairly soon, we'll see this new fash ON SALE for 6 gold, and people
    will jump on it with a psychological feeling of "getting a bargain."

wow, u might be right o.o thats the smartest thing ive ever heard
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    wow, u might be right o.o thats the smartest thing ive ever heard

ty, I hear that a lot.

(jk, ofc)
  • Cannea - Sanctuary
    Cannea - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I hate to say it, but I am tempted.b:shutup
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Bumppppp

So new fashion out tonight. Radiant Ceremony set for females and Agent's set for males and once again, the female dress and male top are 10 gold each. wtf, GMs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    MikoTenshi - Sanctuary Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Bumppppp

So new fashion out tonight. Radiant Ceremony set for females and Agent's set for males and once again, the female dress and male top are 10 gold each. wtf, GMs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm just curious but how do you that is the in the patch and for that price?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy made by Silvychar <3
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Don't get me wrong, I'm just curious but how do you that is the in the patch and for that price?

Log the Euro servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    MikoTenshi - Sanctuary Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Log the Euro servers.

Well that is extremely sad for sure. b:surrender I'm too cheap to buy fash that are rare for 10 gold.

Time for another fashion petition D:<!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy made by Silvychar <3
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I feel like they're just trolling us, except that it's not amusing at all. -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
  • Draykarna - Sanctuary
    Draykarna - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Its wrong, I know it, you know, we all know it. But enough people are buying zen so PWE is happy and the the world keeps turning. In other words nothing changes or is gonna change. Dont be surprised if this is the new price for new fash. Same old complaints as it was two years ago just a different item. Has anything changed since then, Nope. I doubt this company with miraculously change its colours anytime soon.
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/HIM_Wraith/Dray_Sig5_zps515c7918.png[/SIGPIC]
    .:sig by me:.

.:My Chars:.
    .:Draykarna-Veno-8x.:.NiteShade_-Sin-4x.:.Shavain-Psy-7x.:.Kellyka-Cleric-7x.:.Ravenda-Seeker-5x.:.Valaskar-Arch-1x:.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    True, I wanted it til I saw it was 10 gold. I understand that dresses are more expensive because they're both shirt and pants, but basing it on what other dresses cost, it should be more comparable in price. I understand it's new, but if this was supposed to be its permanent price, it might have made more sense to put it in fresh on a sale (20-30% off).
    Even before I realized that the Saph dress was just as expensive, but comes with a new dance.
    Fash is a nice, but it doesn't enhance my game play; some games give bonus stats for wearing fash.
    I do occasionally buy sets that I think are pretty, but they're usually on sale or what I would consider a more reasonable price.
    I haven't even see it on a char yet, nor even in a catshop, and if the catshop merchants don't think it's worth buying than it definitely isn't. These merchants are pretty savvy when it comes to what to get from the boutique.

It's nice that they're finally putting new fash in the Boutique instead of packs, which is what people wanted, but jacking up the price on new pretty things won't make more people buy them.
  • PixelRomance - Dreamweaver
    PixelRomance - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well I am somewhat of a fash-a-holic, I have tons of it and mostly black and white. I wouldn't have minded paying the 10 gold for the dress if I had really really liked it. But I didn't particuarly like the design, and therefore would not have even dropped 5 gold on it. I prefer pants for my fash anyway since dresses look kinda odd on seekers in my opinion. They sorda poof out cos of how the seeker stands. You know how some fash looks good on one class and sucks on another...well this one just didn't work for my seeker. Ijs PWI bring out some jeans for girls! You got jeans for the dudes but all we got is leather pants dyed blue. Come on give us some sexy jeans! They would look so hot on seekers. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Enthana - Heavens Tear
    Enthana - Heavens Tear Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This was indeed a very big disappointment =.= Personally I'm not a huge fan of the dress but seriously 10 gold!? I was already mad for all latest fash coming from packs and now this ridiculous price. I really hope this isn't the new price for future fash too.
    I remember when for example the cougar dress came out and almost every female in HT server was running around with it the first week, but after awhile people got tired of it and u could sea tons of em for cheap prices in ah. But with a price of 10 gold i doubt even half as many going to "impulse buy it" just because its new and shiny. So I'm wondering if this really brings more money into pwe or actually less..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This makes me sad... I was really hoping they put that price by accident to begin with... Guess I'll need to farm even longer to be able to get the Peach Blossom Fash... For as far farming is even possible aside from BH100 rewards nowedays... b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • _Dimples_ - Archosaur
    _Dimples_ - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's a freaking fashion dress for 10 gold.

Deal with it just like you dealt with the past years what PWI created.

Toodles!

Dimples
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    20 bucks for the whole set? lol yea ok. I can buy a nice dress for that price irl. Someone forgot that these aren't real or useful in anyway. No one, unless they can blow away money, will buy this. This is one of those will farm only items.b:chuckle
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    CSers, you're all so adorable the way you guys actually keep paying for this ****.

Thanks though, let's me keep playing the game for free I guess.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You have to admire the silence of our CM on this subject.

Hey CM! Is it not part of your job to come up here and tell us why the fashion is set for sale at such a ridiculous high price?
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    *Looks at the boutique prices*

10 gold fashion twice in a row? That is kinda funny and not in the good sense.

I am beginning to suspect that the guys of the PWE marketing department got harshly hit on the fingers with a ruler (by PWE China probably) for not making enough money last year (are they still dreaming the game is that popular? They made all of the newbies/potentially new customers flee, after all).

Is it because R9 and packs not giving enough income that these crazy prices have been fixed?
    I doubt so, given the recent red spam in world chat (Hey Duke, will you shut up for a bit, please?).

Not a very good marketing ploy... Lower prices would make more people buy the fashion pieces (until a point). It's a basic rule of such a field.

Oh well, I am glad I am neither a cash shopper, nor one that enjoys spending coins on the latest fashion pieces. I just feel a bit sad for everyone that is ready to fork out part of his/her earnings on the game, then gets stopped in his/her tracks by unbelievably stupidly high price tags. *shrugs* b:surrender
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~