Wow really? 10 gold for the new dress?

Eoria - Harshlands
Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
It's nice you guys are finally putting fashion back in the boutique, but wtf @ the price. 10 gold? The only other dress in the boutique that costs 10 gold is the Sapphire Dress and that comes with a new dance to kind of justify the cost. This one doesn't to my knowledge.

Seriously. Every single other dress in the boutique is 4 to 6 gold. Why is this one so special?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
I <3 Subtraction.
/blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
Post edited by Eoria - Harshlands on

Comments

• Praxalis - Archosaur
    Praxalis - Archosaur Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    b:shocked

LOLWHUT? I havent logged in yet I was so excited to see the news-

Now Im seriously second guessing whether I want it or not .-.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, thanks for setting the cost so high that it costs the same as buying pack fashion.

The greed of this company makes me sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It looks really nice and I really want it.... but I don't want it badly enough to pay that much for it.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    QQ is new fash only in packs...i am so unlucky...

QQ why is the new fash in boutique 10gold...so expensive...

QQ why cant i just walk around nude? b:mischievous
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    QQ why cant i just walk around nude? b:mischievous

Because there might be underage kids playing this game, and we must think of the children. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    b:sleep Go mow a lawn or something. It is a $4 difference...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    b:sleep Go mow a lawn or something. It is a $4 difference...
    It's 67% more expensive than it used to be. That is a difference indeed... b:bye

I think the gms shot themselves in the foot with that action.
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's 67% more expensive than it used to be. That is a difference indeed... b:bye

Fair enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    why do PWI put prices up when they are basically begging people to go on their home page to 'like' them in an effort to hope that people will download their game, even though they raise prices on 'NEW ITEMS' when in fact, they won't be new for long & people won't pay for the items.

Just sheer desperation comes to mind
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ill have to agree it becomes a bit too much with 10g for one piece. Its 6.5m more than the otger dresses, unless gold prices changed any after maintnance on dw. However, the long time weve been waiting for new fash mustve done something to the crowd. Cause its selling ALOT
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This is why I always get my fashion second-handed. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    And that's why I always tell my wife there's a reason why men don't buy fashion... b:surrender
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    And that's why I always tell my wife there's a reason why men don't buy fashion... b:surrender

Actually, I know several men who play this game who have more fashion than all my characters combined.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If they had modern fash with decent designs, I would be hardcore into fash.

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's nice you guys are finally putting fashion back in the boutique, but wtf @ the price. 10 gold? The only other dress in the boutique that costs 10 gold is the Sapphire Dress and that comes with a new dance to kind of justify the cost. This one doesn't to my knowledge.

Seriously. Every single other dress in the boutique is 4 to 6 gold. Why is this one so special?

Haha I kinda got the same reaction. xD

20 golds for the set = ~32-36m (depend on server 32 is HL and 36 HT)

Now some fash in pack are cheapest than that. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I wonder what`s the tolerance level of the people that are still playing, PWI is **** you ALL THE TIME without the courtesy of even using lube, I hope this greedy game goes down the drain fast, 10 gold is ridiculous for any fashion, sales staff who is responsible for the boutique management,I HOPE YOU CHOKE on your greed, there will be a time when the chunk you bite will be too large to swallow, greedy %^$^##@!
  • ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    ArmaniEx - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    They violate their own ToS, they enforce it on some and let others do as they please.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Actually, I know several men who play this game who have more fashion than all my characters combined.b:chuckle

I have a **** ton too, but all given to me by my many ex-wives or obtained through MQ or the gold reward from the wedding ceremony. I'd never invest my own money to buy PWI fashion lol, they all look so terrible to me (at least for male fashion). I've bought 1 or 2 sets of fashion over the course of 4 years, and then ended up re-selling them for what I paid for them so I got my money's worth back haha.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Mirtilla - Sanctuary
    Mirtilla - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The male fashion,as usual,looks ***, but the female one its really pretty b:cute

I'll just wait a couple of weeks and I'll get it for cheap...I hope
    Im a Seeker but I have no clue what Im seeking.
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am not to concerned about the pricing but....I wish PW would release some more interesting fashion sets. Perhaps 3 sets at a time rather than one. Actually what I would really like is if they allowed people to continue sending in fashions designs(like that one constest) or even mounts to be created and used in game. Now that would be fun b:chuckle.
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    People crying about how expensive is a fashion that is only 4 dollars more expensive. And then calling PWI greedy? But shall we reverse this a little? PWI have same rights to call you people greedy for wanting everything cheap or free. b:victory Case is closed
  • Suikyo - Raging Tide
    Suikyo - Raging Tide Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    People crying about how expensive is a fashion that is only 4 dollars more expensive. And then calling PWI greedy? But shall we reverse this a little? PWI have same rights to call you people greedy for wanting everything cheap or free. b:victory Case is closed

that's the most stupid thing that i've ever read b:surrender
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Guaranteed this person doesn't buy fashion. And also guaranteed if something they bought regularly took a 40% price hike for absolutely no reason, they'd be QQ'ing the forums. Ingame 4$ works out to around 6.5m depending on server. It's a big chunk to overpay considering the fashion doesn't have anything special to justify the price. If a player tried to sell you a 10m item for 16m, regardless if you like it, you'd tell them to ** off and go rip someone else off. The only difference here is PWI is the only seller, and are blatently taking full advantage.
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Hahahah you guys make me laugh. What I said was the funniest thing? And I never buy fashions? Of course I buy fashions, but I don't cry about the price. Paying little bit more than usually doesn't kill. And you people call my text funny because it IS the truth. You say PWI is greedy for putting high prices, but same time people are greedy for wanting almost everything free or cheap. That is a fact and nobody can deny that. Greediness comes from both sides.
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Guaranteed this person doesn't buy fashion. And also guaranteed if something they bought regularly took a 40% price hike for absolutely no reason, they'd be QQ'ing the forums.
    Actually, the price hike is 67%, as I already said, but the former price for dresses is 40% lower than that of the current fash. That's how you fake statistics b:laugh
    You say PWI is greedy for putting high prices, but same time people are greedy for wanting almost everything free or cheap. That is a fact and nobody can deny that. Greediness comes from both sides.
    It is greedy if you had a steady price for over four years and raise it suddenly for something that is similar to the old priced stuff. And 6$/Euros wasn't really cheap either...

• Nature_God - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    And it is not greedy if most of the players want free stuff all the time?
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    It is, but no one in this thread complains about the fash costing anything at all, but costing too much in comparison to old ones ;D

• Lecus - Lost City
    Lecus - Lost City Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    No one is wanting it for free. It would be nice to have free fash but its more the how much more it costs.
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Nature, I think the point of this thread is people venting their surprise at the price of the new fashion set. And if you read carefully most are saying they feel it is overpriced not that they want it free. In my honest opinion I don't see why I would pay 10 Gold for fashion that looks almost exactly the same as one of the previous old sets.

I can't speak for anyone else of course.
  • Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hahahah you guys make me laugh. What I said was the funniest thing? And I never buy fashions? Of course I buy fashions, but I don't cry about the price. Paying little bit more than usually doesn't kill. And you people call my text funny because it IS the truth. You say PWI is greedy for putting high prices, but same time people are greedy for wanting almost everything free or cheap. That is a fact and nobody can deny that. Greediness comes from both sides.

Uh... Where are you getting "free and cheap" from?

We want it for the normal boutique price that fashion has been going for. If you bothered to read, you'd note that the only other mentioned fashion that -does- go for 10g(and it's worth **** now), has a special effect to it. You're talking about a... 16m+(price goes up due to color) fashion, that does absolutely nothing. It's normal boutique fashion. Permanent, not limited time or pack fashion.

Most fashion does devalue after a bit, but that's after enough of it goes into circulation and/or people don't like it anymore. Not many people would be willing to pay 10 gold for something that should be 6 gold.

This fash has no special effect, therefore does not warrant a price hike.