Free Rank 9?

Options
Zanryu - Lothranis
Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion
Well, it finally happened. After a year and a half or so of playing and taking a 3-4 month break, I finally did it. I must say, I'm quite pleased. A grand total of 0$ spent, a small amount of merchanting, virtually nothing but pure farming power. It's probably not the biggest achievement, but there's not many interesting threads, I'm bored, and I wanna show that full R9 is more than possible without having a large wallet. Like or hate, I did it free to play and I'm quite proud of myself.

http://i.imgur.com/WFBmv.jpg?1

b:cute
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
Post edited by Zanryu - Lothranis on

Comments

• Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Gratz Dude :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Terrastrike - Lost City
    Terrastrike - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Grats b:victory
    I'm slowly working on a full set myself, so far I've managed to get the Ring, Weapon and Chest F2P. The majority of the money has been made from Nation Wars. After the Sirens of War expansion came out I decided not to CS again, after feeling stupid having spent money towards a set of NV gear less than two weeks before it. b:surrender

Are you aiming for second/third cast or just refining/sharding your first cast?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Grats b:victory
    I'm slowly working on a full set myself, so far I've managed to get the Ring, Weapon and Chest F2P. The majority of the money has been made from Nation Wars. After the Sirens of War expansion came out I decided not to CS again, after feeling stupid having spent money towards a set of NV gear less than two weeks before it. b:surrender

Are you aiming for second/third cast or just refining/sharding your first cast?

I'm going for third cast, my set is +5 and it's staying that way until I'm third cast when I'll start to refine higher. Grats on your R9 pieces, keep going, you got dis.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    eww how can some people play with that blurry setting on i hate that..grats on r9 i guess.

Cookie cutters unite!
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited January 2013
    Options
    eww how can some people play with that blurry setting on i hate that..grats on r9 i guess.

Cookie cutters unite!

Better?

I don't usually play with that setting, it's the first time I've touched it in over a year. Wanted to see if I liked it or not. Thank you kind sir.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Better?

I don't usually play with that setting, it's the first time I've touched it in over a year. Wanted to see if I liked it or not. Thank you kind sir.

What are your current refinements/sharding on it and what are you planning for it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited January 2013
    Options
    What are your current refinements/sharding on it and what are you planning for it?

+5 on all but the wrists, +6 on the wrists with immaculate citrines, garnets in the axes. I'm planning on farming 2nd cast through NW and perhaps buying raps/cannies from other players while I do that if I get enough spare coin. While I'm doing that I'll work on farming badges and the last two molds I need (Boots/Pants) for the full set. I'll third cast the axes first, since the extra attack level add will pretty much be more or less the same as the 6 piece set bonus, so it's safe to make those first then save up for the rest of the set since the axes are much better than R9. Once I've got the full set I'll try to go full +7 on it, then save up for +10.

Of course.. this will be a pain because I also need to refine my -int set and reroll my R8r boots for -int still. But that's the plan in general for my R9. I'm not sure if I'll shard Jades or Vit stones yet, I heard there's math that suggest vit stones are the better option, but I have plenty of time to look into that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Well, it finally happened. After a year and a half or so of playing and taking a 3-4 month break, I finally did it. I must say, I'm quite pleased. A grand total of 0$ spent, a small amount of merchanting, virtually nothing but pure farming power. It's probably not the biggest achievement, but there's not many interesting threads, I'm bored, and I wanna show that full R9 is more than possible without having a large wallet. Like or hate, I did it free to play and I'm quite proud of myself.

"Naughty" faction. So you.

Then, after this, you came to Dreamweaver to WC xD
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

Grats! I'm also working on the set, slowly but surely. I have the ring and belt, just got boots (my r8r was already +10 so I figured boots first) And working on the whole set...I'll get there!
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited January 2013
    Options
    "Naughty" faction. So you.

Then, after this, you came to Dreamweaver to WC xD

Nah, was bored earlier so got on to world chat a bit. Got my axes a few hours after being on DW. Also hai b:cute
    Grats! I'm also working on the set, slowly but surely. I have the ring and belt, just got boots (my r8r was already +10 so I figured boots first) And working on the whole set...I'll get there!

Gogo! Get iiiiiit!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Nry - Lost City
    Nry - Lost City Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

Before NW this was some what of an achievement.

Everyone is r9 for free now.

Edit: Just noticed you were on a server that is probably very dead so it's probably a bigger deal there than here. Gz anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] united we are to the unit of measuring the greatness!
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Before NW this was some what of an achievement.

Everyone is r9 for free now.

Edit: Just noticed you were on a server that is probably very dead so it's probably a bigger deal there than here. Gz anyways.

We don't have 400k raps to sell, and I was 5/6 pieces of R9 before NW. b:sad I want easy money too dammit, make prices rise here!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    gratz man enjoy your r9 b:victory
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Rice_hero - Lost City
    Rice_hero - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Congrats on your achievements.b:victory
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Thanks guys b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I thought pwi was the devil dude? o_- b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

Congrats - it is quite an achievement

I wish more people did it instead of QQing on the forums
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Comerciante - Raging Tide
    Comerciante - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Well, with NW it is not as big achivement as it used to be, but join the club of pro players, who got R9 f2p.

Gratz, I am welcoming you. :)
  • YoungJ - Raging Tide
    YoungJ - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    A year and a half? b:shutup

So Slowww
  • ninjakitchenrulr
    ninjakitchenrulr Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Gratz b:victory
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Will you quit again soon? :o

Also get your r999 and up your refines! My archer has more HP than you >:o
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Hm e-peen thread...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    If you did it without Nation wars then I commend your dedication and effort. If you didn't, then this isn't amazing and you should feel bad for making a thread on it.
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Hm e-peen thread...

Um... isnt every thread really?... b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited January 2013
    Options
    If you did it without Nation wars then I commend your dedication and effort. If you didn't, then this isn't amazing and you should feel bad for making a thread on it.

I got my belt about the time NW was out, during the Black Friday sale. My axes were obtained recently, though the tokens I got from NW were primarily used on R8r recasts, with 250 going towards my Nirvana 2nd cast axes. I had TT90 gold and thought I may as well do that while I wait on R9 since it's cheap. And I don't regret it.. those axes made me a good 60m or so from TMing when people were buying.
    Will you quit again soon? :o

Also get your r999 and up your refines! My archer has more HP than you >:o

Probably, I'm getting bored. I've been getting bored ever since I started again. We'll see how things go though, come play on Loth and let be kill youb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

Just like your 105?

Regardless of how a person gets r9 or 105 (goons or otherwise) both take time.
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    whats the need of showing off...many ppl got r9 without spending a sinlge irl cent, just farming. and they got it faster than u. i guess u have the need to show off about it.......gz anyways, even if i dont understand why u have to tell t o everybody. perhaps it is becouse u are too narcisit and u need the attention of everybody. perhaps u are too alone behind ur computer and as u cant get anything else irl, u need to show what u can get in a game. anyways....i might be wrong ofc.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited January 2013
    Options
    whats the need of showing off...many ppl got r9 without spending a sinlge irl cent, just farming. and they got it faster than u. i guess u have the need to show off about it.......gz anyways, even if i dont understand why u have to tell t o everybody. perhaps it is becouse u are too narcisit and u need the attention of everybody. perhaps u are too alone behind ur computer and as u cant get anything else irl, u need to show what u can get in a game. anyways....i might be wrong ofc.

What's the need of whining. Many people whined before you without spending a single cent irl, just whining. and they whined faster than you. I guess you have the need to whine about it. Grats anyways, even if I dont' understand why you have to whine to everybody. Perhaps it is because you are a narcissist and you need the attention of everybody. Perhaps you are too alone behind your computer and as you can't get anything else irl, you need to show what you can whine about in a game. Anyways.... I might be wrong ofc.

My point is I went the farming route, and while slower than merchanting or CSing I still get R9. I was bored, the forums were pretty dead, I figured why not show off my new set and show that if you can't farm or merchant it's definitely possible to get full R9. These threads help some people, maybe not all, hell maybe not most, but sometimes seeing someone else do it the way you're trying motivates you to try harder because you know it's possible. The fact that others did it without spending helped motivate me to keep working towards it instead of cheaping out and going full Nirvana instead, so if it helps even one person do that then I'm satisfied regardless of positive or negative opinions. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

Most players will tell you r9 is for cash shoppers, the game is pay to win, it's impossible to make coin without sitting in a catshop all day and so on. What's wrong with a positive thread that proves that even regular players can obtain decent gear by simply playing the game and farming various content.

Also NW isn't really free money unless you're r9 to begin with. Most r8 and tt99 players I know get between 50-120 tokens per war, which is barely in the 10-20m category atm anyway. Eventually, it will even off to being the same as a few hours vana spam used to be.

Anyway, grats on the r9.
This discussion has been closed.