Is PVE shut down completely? Seems that PW is dumbed down really strong.

Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
Since NW was implemented, have people completely forgot about playing the game. Most people join NW for coin (myself included), if not, everyone that does join are interested in the insane profit gains from NW and 20x as quick as spamming nirvana runs to get their G15/16/R9 3rd cast gear.

So for leveling, people do FF/PV/reflection and for profit is NW. So basically even BHs people don't bother with anymore unless it is level 100 BH? PWE has dumb down, that they go in the same areas over and over... Yet it is faster and a lot easier than back then.

NW doesn't even have any special things, nothing new except just flag carrying and it does not need such skill as I have entered a few gaining completely easy coin. All you have to do is get the flag and capture it, no PK is even needed to happen. Most likely, most people are stupid enough to rather PK than get the flag so that makes it even more easier to get the flag to the base, which gives much better personal points than you do with fighting other players, which you can easily lock their base this way.
WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
Post edited by Cody_tylor - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I personally do have more free time than before NW, I used it for stuff I always wanted to do, but didn't done cause no time. Like level my alts.

I think since now it's so easy to get good gears in a decent amount of time I would not be surprise that a lot of people level their alts or try new class.

People still do BH100, I think you exagerething by say people have nothing to do anymore, people still do BH, WS, Lunar and TT. (FC for people leveling alts)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Still gotta do WS to grab all the gears for those alts and R9S3 for yourself
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    PW is fine,just a mess of alts doing bhing rinse and repeat till NW,maybe throw in a base quest or Morai to change things up..run a few tt's to stock up the store.I feel IMO the reflection time is a waste of my time,bandwidth,power consumption so i rather jsut turn off the computer when done,since im not into exp anymore when reaching 101 on alts...5 measley points isnt gonna make or break me for the next lvl.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    PW is fine,just a mess of alts doing bhing rinse and repeat till NW,maybe throw in a base quest or Morai to change things up..run a few tt's to stock up the store.I feel IMO the reflection time is a waste of my time,bandwidth,power consumption so i rather jsut turn off the computer when done,since im not into exp anymore when reaching 101 on alts...5 measley points isnt gonna make or break me for the next lvl.

pw is just fine? with alts? no new people, so can't be true.
  • LycanthropeX - Raging Tide
    LycanthropeX - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    condo2009 wrote: »

There are new People but most quit before hitting lvl 80(like 95%) I would say.
    The game is pretty much mains and alts and the occasional returning player (like me!)
    Sad but trueb:surrender
  • Joe - Momaganon
    Joe - Momaganon Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Profit from NW? Oh you gotta show me that one....I useally get between 200 and 400 tokens each NW...and even when I get 400 and would sell raps on my server for 45k each (35k minus the fee) that would be 35k x 400 = 14m coins^^ if you manage to sell it. Charms are now around 7m each and I useally need 1 charm and a bit more.

So if I'm in the winner nation and can sell 400 raps fast then I gain ~6m profit for 2 hours of work? lol thats ridiculous. if I'd just do tt in that time I'd get way more then that without the charm cost. Due to the massive price drop NW isn't even close a source of profit anymore, if you can farm way more effectivily in other locations
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Got at least one alt of any class above level 100.
    All decently geared and skilled (: .
    And the most important thing is: They are all fun to play ^.^ .
    b:laugh
  • Nry - Lost City
    Nry - Lost City Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Profit from NW? Oh you gotta show me that one....I useally get between 200 and 400 tokens each NW...and even when I get 400 and would sell raps on my server for 45k each (35k minus the fee) that would be 35k x 400 = 14m coins^^ if you manage to sell it. Charms are now around 7m each and I useally need 1 charm and a bit more.

So if I'm in the winner nation and can sell 400 raps fast then I gain ~6m profit for 2 hours of work? lol thats ridiculous. if I'd just do tt in that time I'd get way more then that without the charm cost. Due to the massive price drop NW isn't even close a source of profit anymore, if you can farm way more effectivily in other locations

Here's the thing...PvE servers tend to have lower prices than PvP servers...and from what I know EU servers are basically dead...

Raps are still 350k-400k on Lost City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] united we are to the unit of measuring the greatness!
  • FaithDread - Heavens Tear
    FaithDread - Heavens Tear Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited January 2013

It would be awesome if Raps where 45k/ea on American serversb:chuckle I make like 15mil from NW with only 50 tokens still, although getting ganked by r9 is becoming tedious b:laugh If you cant beat them, join em....eventually...
    Crafting shiny things since 2008 b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Raps are around 200k at RT.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Strange, I thought PW was dumbed down when an instance meant for lvl 29s suddenly was turned into a quest for lvls 40-49. And they had trouble doing it even then.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This isn't NW's fault. At least not in the PVE aspect. NW certainly shook up the economy (in not-necessarily-good ways), but this PVE problem existed long before NW.

PVE's public enemy #1 has been and will continue to be powerleveling. And powerleveling is only possible due to the devs' neglect in two areas: first, in failing to put a level requirement on FF (such as 75 or 80), and second, in making it possible to solo FF at all due to OP gear sets. As long as both of those things are true, there will be more unreasonable peer pressure to level quickly and thus fewer people partaking in the regular PVE game. Of course the devs have taken a few recent steps to make the old PVE quests more attractive, but clearly it hasn't done much good. :P

For what it's worth, Raps go for 375-400k on HT right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I dunno, I love actually being able to do things instead of standing there and twitching bosses in vana during 2x.

Also, Yulk thread. Blah blah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    PVE's public enemy #1 has been and will continue to be powerleveling.

Agreed.

Used to be really easy to get lower-mid level squads for things. But now everyone would just rather jump into FF until 100+.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Agreed.

Used to be really easy to get lower-mid level squads for things. But now everyone would just rather jump into FF until 100+.

No kidding. Making squads for 79 and 89 was a breeze just a couple of months ago. Now it's damn near impossible and I find myself soloing it more often than not.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
    edited January 2013

It must be cause of your server, on HL it still 300k+ for the rapt, cannies are 65k.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited January 2013

that high, no fair.. 190-230'ish here o.o
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    b:surrender Rap prices are depends upon your servers population... i.e. if your on a dead server your going to have no luck selling something that is easily obtainable (because everyone has it so why the heck would they want to BUY more of it when they can get/have more of it)... more people = more people in nw= less token distribution= raps prices are higher b:thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I play a competitor game because there isn't much of anything to do on PWI during the week. NvN is the only thing that has any sort of effect on the player.
    edited January 2013
    condo2009 wrote: »

No new players? Level 100+ always want to keep everything for them, NW is for 60-105 and they want to take off 60-99, high level players attitude make that we don't have a lot of new players. In game and on the forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    No new players? Level 100+ always want to keep everything for them, NW is for 60-105 and they want to take off 60-99, high level players attitude make that we don't have a lot of new players. In game and on the forum.

I agree here. The attitudes of the players towards the game and other players really affects new players staying or searching for other forms of entertainment (other games, a book, etc). b:surrender

*deep breath* That was a long sentence.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    b:surrender Rap prices are depends upon your servers population... i.e. if your on a dead server your going to have no luck selling something that is easily obtainable (because everyone has it so why the heck would they want to BUY more of it when they can get/have more of it)... more people = more people in nw= less token distribution= raps prices are higher b:thanks.

are u guys having 400+ on pr nation? cos i could swear all servers was having around 270-320 pr nation in nw, last time i saw ss's o.o
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Kwandelan - Heavens Tear
    Kwandelan - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This thread is useless. PvE died way before when people started powerlvling. NW had no effect on it; it was already dead.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Here's the thing...PvE servers tend to have lower prices than PvP servers...and from what I know EU servers are basically dead...

Raps are still 350k-400k on Lost City.

Same on HT~server (about 350K+ for raps)

This thread is useless. PvE died way before when people started powerlvling. NW had no effect on it; it was already dead.

Agreed, {PvE's} been on Near death (life support) since the introduction of the EG, sadly...b:thanks
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    And I thought we had it bad... raps are at 75k on Loth. People are being stupid and lowering prices needlessly. It am make sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I still prefer PvE, and still help those who enjoy PvE. I like questing, I like doing BH runs, but I mainly help those in the faction, only because there are far too many ungrateful twits on RT. Two examples...

Just the other day we did BH51 for a couple of people in the faction, including my alt, and decided to see if anyone else needed it. We picked up a couple more, and one of the randoms that joined when we reached the last boss and it only dropped coins, was expecting to get all the possible molds because she needed coins and that was the only reason she joined.

Seriously, and granted any molds from BH51 are worth a pittance, but to expect to be given everything of value is asinine. I am just glad nothing good dropped.

Secondly on a SoT quest, we did a faction run, and opened it up to three randoms to join and expressing it was an all boss run. Because I was on call, I had to wine it, and only needed one boss, but main reason we were going is faction member needed all but one boss for a quest. After the first boss the cleric and a sin promptly said "tks" and dropped the squad. Whispered them that it was a full boss run, like we initially stated, but they both said they didn't care. So in a nutshell, we completed it with a mystic, a sin, myself a BM, and a barb named Barbwired, who I personally wish to than for sticking around. Other than the sin who was lvl 96 I believe, we completed it and had a great time as a good team.

To finish, I enjoy questing, and if I join a squad that needs all bosses in something, even if I only meed one, I stay until the end, because it could have been me that needed the help on all bosses.

FC really did put a dampener on how people interact, and how well people play their characters. And as a whole higher levels tend to be more focused on "me" and what can I do for "me" while forgetting this is a MMO meaning multiplayer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Strange, I thought PW was dumbed down when an instance meant for lvl 29s suddenly was turned into a quest for lvls 40-49. And they had trouble doing it even then.

That is really true, I definitely agree with this. However I do mean it got worse. At least from then you have to do PVE to gain items / coin. Even though you have to do PVE to actually gain R9S3 / G16 for those molds. people would pretty much forget about doing anything else.
    This isn't NW's fault. At least not in the PVE aspect. NW certainly shook up the economy (in not-necessarily-good ways), but this PVE problem existed long before NW.

PVE's public enemy #1 has been and will continue to be powerleveling. And powerleveling is only possible due to the devs' neglect in two areas: first, in failing to put a level requirement on FF (such as 75 or 80), and second, in making it possible to solo FF at all due to OP gear sets. As long as both of those things are true, there will be more unreasonable peer pressure to level quickly and thus fewer people partaking in the regular PVE game. Of course the devs have taken a few recent steps to make the old PVE quests more attractive, but clearly it hasn't done much good. :P

I do agree with you here. Powerleveling definitely had ruined PVE by leveling, and of course there are people who were offering powerleveling services for low level alts (and maybe some cash shopping new players?) from which was from the fault from the devs.

Updating the old quests were definitely not enough to change the player base. Sure there may be a few people who would still do PVE but there are too little people doing that since powerleveling became popular. It is sad that PWE followed some other games that allows this problem.

Although those who still do PVE, then that's cool.
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • BustyQT - Archosaur
    BustyQT - Archosaur Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i've been wondering why i continue to play this game after doing my first fc heads. i got more than 30% at Level 83 in was not even a minute i think? before that i've done all the quests possible so there is really nothing for me to do except daily bh which on my dead server is hard to do unless its a faction run which isn't any easier cause sometimes theres not enough players on or who need it to join.

and this seemingly 24-7 2x has greatly diminished my chances at actually making coin. its funny because you see catshops and ah full and full of mats but no one is buying them unless their dirt cheapER.

i wonder at what level do new players decide to call it quits.
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    From someone who's played the game for years.... it's pretty much the same. Back in the day there was no BH or vana or NW and WS and Lunar were for the extremely op. Delta and gamma was restricted to those who were "experienced"... making experience in those instances very difficult to acquire for someone without a willing faction. TT needed a full squad, so you needed friends/faction who were willing. We pretty much just quested, did wq and hunted for fb's. Nowadays it's pretty much the same at low levels (minus the fb's) and a little more to do at higher levels. Overall the game is a little better in some ways.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    NW introduced profitability to PvP, but for a specific 4 hours a week at 2 intervals and requiring participation for a full 2 hours.

I'm still making much more in other ways w/o buying and selling.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i think power leveling FC and people who sell FC heads are the things that makes the game mostly dead for low and middle level. some of my friend from my country that i met in the game often asked me a question. where is people, why when i do quest, its always empty. i sometimes wanna do quest together. and im sure many new player also thinking the same way. especially to those who not CS at the starts, so its really importance for them to explore the game more by doing quest etc.

I think PWI should make low level from level 1-80 not able to enter FC intance. this way, new player will try to learn the old way. and makes starter city not empty.