Mystic vs Archer

Options
2»

Comments

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I've never been killed by a archer R8 and I'm not even R9 (well got the ring last week), the mystics on your server must be freaking fail if they are R9+12 and die to a archer R8. Archer R8 are 1-2 shot for a mystic.

Harshlands must be full of fail archers then.

An R9 +10 archer should be able to oneshot an R9 mystic, or if using the right shards, threeshot at the very most. Mystic probably wouldn't be able to oneshot an R9 +10 archer, would require their summon to stun the archer, and TBH, most mystics I see in TW/NW/PK are dead before their summons get to me.

Regardless, Mystic is a fun class to play. I enjoy playing mine, but my Mystic isn't even 80 yet, and I don't plan on getting R9 for it. Or anything yet.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Harshlands must be full of fail archers then.

An R9 +10 archer should be able to oneshot an R9 mystic, or if using the right shards, threeshot at the very most. Mystic probably wouldn't be able to oneshot an R9 +10 archer, would require their summon to stun the archer, and TBH, most mystics I see in TW/NW/PK are dead before their summons get to me.

Regardless, Mystic is a fun class to play. I enjoy playing mine, but my Mystic isn't even 80 yet, and I don't plan on getting R9 for it. Or anything yet.

In the previous post you said R8 archer and now talk about R9... ofc R9 archer is not the same than R8, but at the start you was speaking about a R8 archer, my comment was made for a R8 archer as you said, not for R9.

R9 archer don't even one shot me and I'm not R9. So a R9 mystic be one shot by a R9 archer? You must speak about a R9 mystic that don't use gears and have 2k hp and 1k p.def/m.def.

Before say mystic R9 are a one shot, try to play one higher than level 80.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    In the previous post you said R8 archer and now talk about R9... ofc R9 archer is not the same than R8, but at the start you was speaking about a R8 archer, my comment was made for a R8 archer as you said, not for R9.

R9 archer don't even one shot me and I'm not R9. So a R9 mystic be one shot by a R9 archer? You must speak about a R9 mystic that don't use gears and have 2k hp and 1k p.def/m.def.

Before say mystic R9 are a one shot, try to play one higher than level 80.

Wow. You're scary. >_>

Watched an R9 archer oneshot an R9 Mystic tonight, even.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Equally geared; Mystic beats Archer hands down,

Let the flaming continue :)
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Wow. You're scary. >_>

Watched an R9 archer oneshot an R9 Mystic tonight, even.

Something was seriously wrong with that mystic. Either they were unbuffed, or had no shards/refines or were using mdef ornaments ;o

Heck, I'm not even full R9 and last night I had a R9-3 archer (don't know about the refine tho, only recognized the fugly bow) shooting me and I lived <.< (did tick my charm tho, dunno what damage, was too busy pressing AD and running away, cause yes he would have got me with two more shots). But see, this wasn't a one shot, and it was more than a reg R9 archer. A reg R9+7-10 archer typically hits me for 1/3 my HP or a bit more if it's a decent crit.
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Something was seriously wrong with that mystic. Either they were unbuffed, or had no shards/refines or were using mdef ornaments ;o

Heck, I'm not even full R9 and last night I had a R9-3 archer (don't know about the refine tho, only recognized the fugly bow) shooting me and I lived <.< (did tick my charm tho, dunno what damage, was too busy pressing AD and running away, cause yes he would have got me with two more shots). But see, this wasn't a one shot, and it was more than a reg R9 archer. A reg R9+7-10 archer typically hits me for 1/3 my HP or a bit more if it's a decent crit.

^ That's what I'm saying, Archer R9 don't one shot mystic.

I have a average of +5-+7 gears (got lazy on refine lately xD) and I don't get one shot (even if they crit), how a R9+12 mystic get one shot? As I said that R9+12 mystic must remove his gears, no charm, no bless, no pots and as Asthariel said elemental ornaments cause that make no sens a R9+12 mystic get one shot while R8 and 3rd recast nirvana mystics don't get one shot even with a crit.

Archer hurt it's true, but please don't over power them saying they one shot mystics (or other caster) it's not true, even on my cleric TT99 I don't get one shot by R9 archer and I have less def, so I don't know what you smoking, but you should stop asap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    What gear do you use? just curious b:pleased.

Sorry havent had a chance to get on and respond sooner. Im a aps build archer for the most part here is a pw calc of my basic gear atm http://pwcalc.com/0d6093131e639e07
    Didnt feel like putting in all the refines and shards but its basicly all immac and +4-5 on armor +7 on wep. Will be upgradeing to my r8r armor once i get the rolls i want on them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

So whats the difference between a purged mystic and a unbuffed mystic.
    I have a average of +5-+7 gears (got lazy on refine lately xD) and I don't get one shot (even if they crit), how a R9+12 mystic get one shot? As I said that R9+12 mystic must remove his gears, no charm, no bless, no pots and as Asthariel said elemental ornaments cause that make no sens a R9+12 mystic get one shot while R8 and 3rd recast nirvana mystics don't get one shot even with a crit.

Why does everyone with +5 gear seems to think they know what people with +12 gear are capable of. Even at +7... as a mystic you should have about 6k hp is full magic. Lets just say 8k buffed. Yea... you never been one shotted with 8k hp... only idiot would believe that.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
    edited January 2013
    Options

Why does everyone with +5 gear seems to think they know what people with +12 gear are capable of. Even at +7... as a mystic you should have about 6k hp is full magic. Lets just say 8k buffed. Yea... you never been one shotted with 8k hp... only idiot would believe that.

Cause I know my capacity and someone with better gears should have more survivability, it's just logic, I don't say they are better, but have more resistance.

I do have more than 6k hp and more than 8k buffed and I'm pure magic, if you was really smart you would know that hp is not everything, def matter and defense level too....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Buff me has already failed.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
    edited January 2013
    Options
    So whats the difference between a purged mystic and a unbuffed mystic.

The difference is that you need to rely on luck to get spirit blackhole to proc. I get hit by R9 archer often and really dont often get purged, maybe I'm just too lucky ? And btw, if it does purge me, it's still not a OS either.

Btw, yeah you totally have barely 8k hp at +7 as a pure mag .-. http://pwcalc.com/a2d9c75c457eb591. See, I'm as pure mag as one can be (even restated to 3 base vit and took off my base str what my cape and tome give me in str so I have just enough to wear my future R9-3 atm). And now, I don't get one shotted with a bit above 10k HP, you also have to take into account pdef and def lvls. You need R9-3 with big refines or a big crit to one shot. An average reg R9 archer isn't gonna one shot me, ijs.
  • Seirina - Dreamweaver
    Seirina - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Buff_me wrote: »
    The one that suits your health better?
    Which one would that be? o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Characters: Seirina (101 Sage Cleric)
    Server: Dreamweaver
    The Answer to the Universe: 42
  • Lecus - Lost City
    Lecus - Lost City Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    So... How about you roll a veno?
  • Seirina - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Buff_me wrote: »
    I am going to start back playing PWI and I am chosing between archer and mystic.

So, my main interest is TW/Solo/Group/PK, which class of these two suits me well. I am experienced archer, but it happend too long ago, thats why I will have to train hard both classes.

I will appreciate, if you tell me pros and cons of each and help me to decide whome to start with.

Gears of both will not be worse than:

archer: http://pwcalc.com/8d00ecf6d0c11ee7
    mystic: http://pwcalc.com/7357736f057520fe

In perspective, if I have enough patience, I will make full R9RR, but if I get bored of merching too fast I'll swap weapon to Warsoul recast and +10 the whole gear.

Edit: move if it is wrong subsection.

If you are PvP minded person I would definitely go with archer, mystic is more of a support class and from what I've seen does not especially excel in PvP. And in TW clerics are by far favored at least from my experience. This may be due to not many have learned to play super well because the class has not been out as long as the others, but still I think it has been long enough for PK strategy to be built and mystic has not impressed me by that standard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seirina - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Options
    So... How about you roll a veno?

Venos don't exist anymore. jk jk but if you want the most soloable class and aren't going to stay in the lower levels a long time roll a sin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    The difference is that you need to rely on luck to get spirit blackhole to proc. I get hit by R9 archer often and really dont often get purged, maybe I'm just too lucky ? And btw, if it does purge me, it's still not a OS either.

Btw, yeah you totally have barely 8k hp at +7 as a pure mag .-. http://pwcalc.com/a2d9c75c457eb591. See, I'm as pure mag as one can be (even restated to 3 base vit and took off my base str what my cape and tome give me in str so I have just enough to wear my future R9-3 atm). And now, I don't get one shotted with a bit above 10k HP, you also have to take into account pdef and def lvls. You need R9-3 with big refines or a big crit to one shot. An average reg R9 archer isn't gonna one shot me, ijs.

Luck or not... I highly doubt the arrow that kills you will care if you were orginally unbuffed or he purged you. I have purge and purified on the same shot before... so it is more common then you would hope. You can argue all you want for mystic... and the same applies for me to archer. I am just going to say... I have no problem killing 3rd cast r9 mystics... and they could kill me as well. At high level pk... its rarely to one shot anyone anymore... whoever is depending on one shots is in every right a freaking idiot.

You might be proud of you gear... but statically I have more then a 1/20 chance of one shotting you.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Luck or not... I highly doubt the arrow that kills you will care if you were orginally unbuffed or he purged you. I have purge and purified on the same shot before... so it is more common then you would hope. You can argue all you want for mystic... and the same applies for me to archer. I am just going to say... I have no problem killing 3rd cast r9 mystics... and they could kill me as well. At high level pk... its rarely to one shot anyone anymore... whoever is depending on one shots is in every right a freaking idiot.

You might be proud of you gear... but statically I have more then a 1/20 chance of one shotting you.

You must be lucky, then. I rarely ever get purged at all, I get purged maybe once every two NW. Like, the NW we had just now, I didn't get purged a single time, nor archer nor veno. Also I'm not argueing, I'm simply speaking for my own experience.

Also, I'm not that proud of my gear since I'm in the process of getting R9-3. The only pride I get from my gear is that I farmed it all before NW came out by soloing about 10 caster nirvys everyday during x2. If I wasn't going for R9-3, I'd have much more refines and shards, I'm simply not going higher cause it would be a waste since I'm getting better soon.

Ah, and since last NW is still very recent, I can still remember some numbers. An average reg R9 archer hits me for about 2-3.5k, on 10k HP.

Also, I'm not saying anyone sucks, both archers and mystics are great pvp classes, I'm just trying to say that not any archer is gonna faceroll any mystic (opposite being true as well).
  • Banndit - Heavens Tear
    Banndit - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Not really sure but I think they are both pretty good in their own way.

Mystic imo, is a good choice for people who can get their hand on a set of n3+, don't mind doing their homework, works well under pressure as their fight last much longer, good at decision making (alot of skills + choices to be made in many different situation).

Archer imo, is a good choice for those who can get their hand on a set of r9+ who are generally fast in alot of ways. They suit people who are quick at spotting their prey and quick to act on it, quick to assess when they can survive a close or lengthier fight or quick to know when to withdraw and recharge for another nuke.

Genearlly, time is everything to an archer while good at making dicisions will make a mystic better or worse. Gear wise, n3 LA suffer alot of lost in -int therefore handicaps them alot which is why I think r9+ is a must for an archer to standout.