Am I wrong?

FanFon - Dreamweaver
FanFon - Dreamweaver Posts: 233 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
Ok, I formed a public quest 100+ squad and were doing our thing. I'm not a weak sin I am g16+10 4aps, and this blood red sin comes along and has better gear and daggers(g16+11 with garnet and better adds then mine). I know from the get go that even if I did drop squad I would not get the class rewards. Was it wrong of me to pk him 1 mil hp before the final public quest boss died, so I can get my reward?

On a side note he reported me for pking during pq.

Do note that public quest 100+ is done in squads with one of each class because rewards are class based and takes an hour or so to solo.
Post edited by FanFon - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am not understanding the the 2nd option o-o...
  • FanFon - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    I am not understanding the the 2nd option o-o...

The second option is saying yes I should pk the other sin leaching rewards because he was trying to get the better rewards by out scoring my squad and I.
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, we're on a PvE server, nothing forced him to be in PK mode at that time, and he should have expected to potentially get PKed, hence you did nothing wrong. It's his fault for being in PK mode after all... Plus I may would have done the same if I had been in the same scenario as you.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    **** move, wrong from a moral standpoint, but I won't judge. Who really cares, if you killed him you killed him. I don't understand why you're asking people here as if you actually care. If you really do care that much about killing someone in a game you don't know then you're far too attached to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Garvias - Dreamweaver
    Garvias - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1) Public Quest rewards are split up amongst a squad. If you were in a squad and he only had one refine above you more than likely you would have won anyway. Since your allies damage counted towards you as well, and yours towards them. So the kill was totally unnecessary.

2) You leeched off of him. He did not leech off of you. It's a public quest, there is no kill stealing. If someone put out more contribution than you, and you kill them just so they can't get any rewards because you are jealous that you cannot get as much contribution as them, then you are the leeching noob. You waited to kill him because you wanted his help, you just didn't want him to be rewarded for his help. It's the epitome of leeching/stealing. You leeched his points since you couldn't beat him.

3)It what his choice to be in PK mode. Unless you were repeatedly griefing him just so he couldn't do the quest you didn't do anything bannable.

So were a jerk and rude? Yes, because you knew he was better than you and so you leeched his points. Will you be banned, probably not.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    He's not leeching if he's contributing to the PQ.

However, he should be aware as someone in PK mode on a PvE server that it could happen. That combined with his red name means h e should've been ready to defend himself if need be.

Morally speaking, you're in the wrong. Aside from that? PK on a PvE server means you were both consenting by entering PK mode to begin with so he should have expected it and has no grounds for reporting you.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Garvias - Dreamweaver
    Garvias - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    TBH I think the main person who was a jerk as you for leeching off of him then having the nerve to call him the leech when you admitted you used him to help kill the boss and then made sure he didn't get the reward. It's like squadding with someone in frost and then kicking them at the heads so you get more exp. The gms won't ban you for it just because you did that once. But everyone else will still think you're a jackass. I've now blacklisted you on all my mains. Don't like people who do this sort of thing. You should've been man enough to fight it out before hand instead of waiting til 1 mil exp.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013

OPKossy wrote: »

However, he should be aware as someone in PK mode on a PvE server that it could happen. That combined with his red name means h e should've been ready to defend himself if need be.

Morally speaking, you're in the wrong. Aside from that? PK on a PvE server means you were both consenting by entering PK mode to begin with so he should have expected it and has no grounds for reporting you.

This.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Nakupenda - Lost City
    Nakupenda - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yea, u on my blacklist now.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited January 2013

PK mode or not there's a certain degree of respect that's usually upheld when working towards doing in game content. Personally, I don't care one way or the other, but I can see how he's in the wrong from a moral standpoint.

Though I can't deny it's fun to pk people randomly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • FanFon - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    1) Public Quest rewards are split up amongst a squad. If you were in a squad and he only had one refine above you more than likely you would have won anyway. Since your allies damage counted towards you as well, and yours towards them. So the kill was totally unnecessary.

2) You leeched off of him. He did not leech off of you. It's a public quest, there is no kill stealing. If someone put out more contribution than you, and you kill them just so they can't get any rewards because you are jealous that you cannot get as much contribution as them, then you are the leeching noob. You waited to kill him because you wanted his help, you just didn't want him to be rewarded for his help. It's the epitome of leeching/stealing. You leeched his points since you couldn't beat him.

3)It what his choice to be in PK mode. Unless you were repeatedly griefing him just so he couldn't do the quest you didn't do anything bannable.

So were a jerk and rude? Yes, because you knew he was better than you and so you leeched his points. Will you be banned, probably not.

1. We are sins it is easy to out score some one in a squad.

2. I formed a squad to do the run itself normally PQ is a dead zone because it takes so long to solo it, and I did not call him he showed up on his own. I waited to kill him because if i didn't I would have been screwed over. He did get rewarded just less then I did. (btw it was our second run and he party crashed)

3. The difference with him and and without him would have been under 5 minutes.

TBH I think the main person who was a jerk as you for leeching off of him then having the nerve to call him the leech when you admitted you used him to help kill the boss and then made sure he didn't get the reward. It's like squadding with someone in frost and then kicking them at the heads so you get more exp. The gms won't ban you for it just because you did that once. But everyone else will still think you're a jackass. I've now blacklisted you on all my mains. Don't like people who do this sort of thing. You should've been man enough to fight it out before hand instead of waiting til 1 mil exp.

Having a pk war at last boss is so productive......

He is a reward leaching noob because if my squad wasn't there to start with he wouldn't be there either.

squad >1 person soloing even if they are op
    **** move, wrong from a moral standpoint, but I won't judge. Who really cares, if you killed him you killed him. I don't understand why you're asking people here as if you actually care. If you really do care that much about killing someone in a game you don't know then you're far too attached to it.

Made this topic because I find most of the topics in the forums are uninteresting and boring or some noob qqing.
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    MikoTenshi - Sanctuary Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    He is a reward leaching noob because if my squad wasn't there to start with he wouldn't be there either.

squad >1 person soloing even if they are op

While everyone is literally saying you are wrong for doing such a thing last min, and you still calling that sin the leeching noob like you are obviously right all along.

My question is, what exactly is your point of this thread since you already think you are doing the right thing to this "leaching noob"? I don't understand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy made by Silvychar <3
  • FanFon - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    While everyone is literally saying you are wrong for doing such a thing last min, and you still calling that sin the leeching noob like you are obviously right all along.

My question is, what exactly is your point of this thread since you already think you are doing the right thing to this "leaching noob"? I don't understand.

The thing is the squad in this instance is more important then a single sin and he basically was hitching on for a ride while the squad did the majority of the work.

The point is to see if my logic is flawed or not.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited January 2013
    The thing is the squad in this instance is more important then a single sin and he basically was hitching on for a ride while the squad did the majority of the work.

Hmm. You seem to have some sort of mental disorder. If he's a threat to your ranking then he's obviously not leaching, he's doing what he should be. Someone that was leaching would be no threat to you and would not give you a reason to kill him. Not very many people would want to solo PQ, I've had the chance when bored and left each time because it gets boring. Using your logic, if anyone anywhere does anything after someone else starts they're leaching which is simply not the case.

Silly goose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • sithis010
    sithis010 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    u a leech noob. u use him and then kick when it was time for rewards. u want a pat on the back for that? u won't get it. PQ is for everyone, not just u. Everyone get contribution based on how much they do. u just mad he was better than u. And now u butthurt because he gonna report u for griefing. I hoep u get ban. n i'm sure he didn't stand aroun for hour cuz he want leech u, he probably felt like doin' PQ and then joined in. That's how PQ is supposed to work. u fail. QQ moar!

And yes ur logic is flaw! It's PQ!!!! Everyone supposed to go there when they feel like! Nobody should ever go solo anywhere ever! On the off chance that someone else want to steal they reward! LOLOLLOOLLOLOL
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Hmm. You seem to have some sort of mental disorder. If he's a threat to your ranking then he's obviously not leaching, he's doing what he should be. Someone that was leaching would be no threat to you and would not give you a reason to kill him. Not very many people would want to solo PQ, I've had the chance when bored and left each time because it gets boring. Using your logic, if anyone anywhere does anything after someone else starts they're leaching which is simply not the case.

Silly goose.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • FanFon - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    sithis010 wrote: »
    u a leech noob. u use him and then kick when it was time for rewards. u want a pat on the back for that? u won't get it. PQ is for everyone, not just u. Everyone get contribution based on how much they do. u just mad he was better than u. And now u butthurt because he gonna report u for griefing. I hoep u get ban. n i'm sure he didn't stand aroun for hour cuz he want leech u, he probably felt like doin' PQ and then joined in. That's how PQ is supposed to work. u fail. QQ moar!

You seem to be under the impression I invited him to start with. He showed up out of the blue after i was in world chat getting replacements

Please work on your grammar.

Silly goose.

Pointing out again if this was me vs him yes he would have won but not by a large margin, but I'm pointing out yet again squad > him
  • BANAKILL - Dreamweaver
    BANAKILL - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    its a total **** move but fanfon is an arrogant *** to begin with so i guess its in his nature
  • FanFon - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    its a total **** move but fanfon is an arrogant *** to begin with so i guess its in his nature

No one likes party crashers just saying, and wow posting on an alt so brave. You don't see me hiding behind some alt or another account.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited January 2013
    You seem to be under the impression I invited him to start with.

Please work on your grammar.

Public Quest is for everyone. It doesn't matter if they are in your squad or not. Or if you invited them or not. He had a right to be there. And teaming up with him to kill the boss whether he was invited or not and then killing him when the rewards were to be distributed has rightfully put a bad taste in everyone's mouth. He had a right to be there. You do not own Public Quest, cannot reserve public quest, and cannot expect to always do it alone. Public Quest works a lot like an event it's just not as popular. Would you say the same thing if this was celestial tigers and have your faction PK anyone else who tried to participate? So why do you think you're entitled to the entirety of the public quest? Why are you under the impression that he was leeching instead of just deciding to do public quest and dropping in at the phase it's on. He has every right to be angry with you. Are you just waiting for someone to tell you you did the right thing by **** a contributing member of the event out of their rewards so you could have more for yourself?

• Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ive farmed many a solo pq3. Yes, as the second sin you would have been best to drop squad because your other squad memebers do not earn you more contri, however there was no need to kill him. If you guys were that close in gear, then if you were to only use stuff like to make urself kill better as in enrage genie skill, you probably would have outdone him anyways, esp if you had a head start in the battle. Also note that the person with aggro usually gets stuned more.

you don't own the area and anyone is free to come join in. In general though you should have attacked him on sight instead of teaming with him and then back stabbing when he's fighting a boss.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If he came on squad after you then he should a stepped out of squad for you, rather then play tag along knowing his presence would **** you outta the rewards....

But if you started the squad and was the leader of it for invites, why'd you let him on in the first place? (or was someone else leading at that time who invited him??)
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Short answer, yes, yes you were wrong.
    Long answers have already been given for why you were wrong, and I agree with all of them b:chuckle
  • FanFon - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    seitori wrote: »
    If he came on squad after you then he should a stepped out of squad for you, rather then play tag along knowing his presence would **** you outta the rewards....

But if you started the squad and was the leader of it for invites, why'd you let him on in the first place? (or was someone else leading at that time who invited him??)

I formed the squad personally I never invited the dude.

QUOTE=oVenusArmanio;18404541]
    Public Quest is for everyone. It doesn't matter if they are in your squad or not. Or if you invited them or not. He had a right to be there. And teaming up with him to kill the boss whether he was invited or not and then killing him when the rewards were to be distributed has rightfully put a bad taste in everyone's mouth. He had a right to be there. You do not own Public Quest, cannot reserve public quest, and cannot expect to always do it alone. Public Quest works a lot like an event it's just not as popular. Would you say the same thing if this was celestial tigers and have your faction PK anyone else who tried to participate? So why do you think you're entitled to the entirety of the public quest? Why are you under the impression that he was leeching instead of just deciding to do public quest and dropping in at the phase it's on. He has every right to be angry with you. Are you just waiting for someone to tell you you did the right thing by **** a contributing member of the event out of their rewards so you could have more for yourself?
    [/QUOTE]

Yes but there is something called common courtesy when it comes to doing pq100+. When people make squads for public quest you don't see waves of people coming to steal rewards from the squad.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Nah it's never wrong to kill a sin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited January 2013
    Yes but there is something called common courtesy when it comes to doing pq100+. When people make squads for public quest you don't see waves of people coming to steal rewards from the squad.

That's because you don't see waves of people doing PQ period. When you did see a lot of people doing PQ, it was always multiple squads and nobody complained. It's not common courtesy to decide not to experience content period just because somebody else is there. You shouldn't expect that either. There is only one PQ 100+ and it's an area that is built to be shared. If you didn't want to share it, you whisper the person that you'll be done after that boss. And if they refuse, kill them in the beginning. The backstabbing part of it is the real issue that's wrong here. If you had been upfront and competed fairly instead of accepting his help until the very end, you'd see a lot more sympathy. You cannot kill steal PQ. But allowing him to contribute and then **** up his contribution at the end is a whole different story.

• FanFon - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    That's because you don't see waves of people doing PQ period. When you did see a lot of people doing PQ, it was always multiple squads and nobody complained. It's not common courtesy to decide not to experience content period just because somebody else is there. You shouldn't expect that either. There is only one PQ 100+ and it's an area that is built to be shared. If you didn't want to share it, you whisper the person that you'll be done after that boss. And kill them in the beginning. The backstabbing part of it is the real issue that's wrong here. If you had been upfront and competed fairly instead of accepting his help until the very end, you'd see a lot more sympathy. You cannot kill steal PQ.

You think I wanted his help? I couldn't get rid of him. Accepting help would imply that I agreed to him helping. He knew he wasn't wanted. I didn't allow anything we were killing each other
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited January 2013
    FanFon be trollin'.

We be eatin' it up.

Mmmf all dat trollfodder.

OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited January 2013
    You think I wanted his help? I couldn't get rid of him. Accepting help would imply that I agreed to him helping. He knew he wasn't wanted. I didn't allow anything we were killing each other

You just said you waited to kill him until the boss was down to 1 mil hp. You should not have waited. By waiting you are implying consent since there is a certain amount of common courtesy showed when ppl kill things together, white named or not. Things like if you are both killing a boss, both people get the rewards. If both people contribute, both people split the rewards. That is how literally everything on all the server works and you took advantage of it and admitted as much in your first post. I'll say it one last time, as this will be my last post. There is NO kill stealing at PQ. The public event is for EVERYone to participate at anytime they so chose to participate. They can and should drop in any time they want to drop in instead of waiting around watching you complete it on the off chance they run into someone who does not realize PQ is an event for everyone. Not something you squad up for and claim like the world bosses. He wasn't leeching. You killed him because he was contributing more than you, you admitted as much in the first post right here. And you felt entitled to the reward just because you got there first, despite the fact the PQ is an EVENT. And you didn't just kill him, you back stabbed him by waiting until the boss was pretty dead.

I know from the get go that even if I did drop squad I would not get the class rewards. Was it wrong of me to pk him 1 mil hp before the final public quest boss died, so I can get my reward?

• Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

Lol dont ever tell Zan he is right. He might get a big head.
This discussion has been closed.