Nation war and needed changes

Options

Comments

• Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I dunno about you, but I earn my own tokens. I might run with friends, but I hold my own because I've sharded and refined my gear, I've leveled up my skills to their proper level, and I earn my own tokens. It cost a pretty penny, but I can hold my own. And really, you get contribution for everything, it ain't the gear that gets you contribution it's actually doing something. You get it from self-buffing, you get from buffing nation members, you get it from attacking, and killing, and you get it from taking damage, and even dying. You get it from being in winning territories.

If your baselocked its because your nation didn't pay any attention to it's defense. You siege the castle to blockade supplies; same mechanics work here. If you leave your base open to attack, your gonna get baselocked. It's the name of the game.

100% bullseye b:victory
    Now this is just excuses to keep your squad and keep rollin over everything.
    You are wrong, one man entrance will make thing better, well not for people like you, you will probably earn less tokens cuz you will not be able to roll over every land.

these are not excuses pal, if you dont know how to make your gear better and how to use your skills to the best of your ability, then you are more stupid than you appear. If all you can say is cut off squad entering into nation wars than your nothing more than barking like a hound dog. with me when i come across an r9 or someone with higher lvled gear, i do whatever i can to not only survive, but also make a dent in em to the point where i can hold em off till reinforcements arrive. just last week i was going up against an r9 barb where i was hardly making a scratch, but i kept at it anyway regardless whether i could get him or not. i did manage to stall him a bit till i ran off which didnt last long. effort is better than complaining and QQing bout how squads make nws unfair or unbalanced. if you cant work with the players that your given with in the nation you are assigned, than you should just go do tws or just uninstall and go play somewhere, where someone wants your complaints. this is a game not a rl business deal.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • LosTEscape - Lost City
    LosTEscape - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    simply saying, everything is random, everything is even steven, now there are several squads who can roll over every land till enemys base and that is not even steven.

I dont really get you people, you cant just group up op people and when you kill eveything in your path say, oh too bad that you were against us, you could had been in our nation, randomness ftw, or just say oh **** you, you are just qqing cuz you suck, go to tw fac and get squad with r9s aswell.
    You are just making up excuses to keep your squads, cuz you know you will have a higher chance of dying and getting less tokens while other people will have higher chance of killing you and getting more tokens.
    We will add r9 they said... it will be fun they said...
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I agree with all but random squading. Because I enjoy squading and fighting with friends and not complete strangers.
  • LosTEscape - Lost City
    edited December 2012
    Options
    these are not excuses pal, if you dont know how to make your gear better and how to use your skills to the best of your ability, then you are more stupid than you appear. If all you can say is cut off squad entering into nation wars than your nothing more than barking like a hound dog. with me when i come across an r9 or someone with higher lvled gear, i do whatever i can to not only survive, but also make a dent in em to the point where i can hold em off till reinforcements arrive. just last week i was going up against an r9 barb where i was hardly making a scratch, but i kept at it anyway regardless whether i could get him or not. i did manage to stall him a bit till i ran off which didnt last long. effort is better than complaining and QQing bout how squads make nws unfair or unbalanced. if you cant work with the players that your given with in the nation you are assigned, than you should just go do tws or just uninstall and go play somewhere, where someone wants your complaints. this is a game not a rl business deal.

Huh, im not saying that i cant earn tokens or that im super undergeared compared to enemy squads. You are right if i know that i cant kill enemy flag carrier i try to stunn, seal etc till i get backup. I earn well, and i get base locked wery rarely and i meet op squads only few times during nw, but im ''qqing'' because im against squads in nw and i think that squad less nw's will be better for most of the people in pwi and as i can see alot of people think the same.
  • Asyniia - Archosaur
    Asyniia - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    simply saying, everything is random, everything is even steven, now there are several squads who can roll over every land till enemys base and that is not even steven.

I dont really get you people, you cant just group up op people and when you kill eveything in your path say, oh too bad that you were against us, you could had been in our nation, randomness ftw, or just say oh **** you, you are just qqing cuz you suck, go to tw fac and get squad with r9s aswell.
    You are just making up excuses to keep your squads, cuz you know you will have a higher chance of dying and getting less tokens while other people will have higher chance of killing you and getting more tokens.

Dude... I'm level 68. I don't have a chance to kill anyone, but they sure do have the chance to kill me. I still walk away with tokens. That's because instead of QQing about not having r9, I do everything in my power to make sure that I help my nation win. I see the opposing nation digging the flag, I attack him with everything I've got. Sure chances are he's gonna turn around and one shot me, but I res, and I go at him again.

I see a nation member being ganged up on, I attack, I heal. I'm far from r9, and I'm far from op, but I'm not QQing that I get one shot. Because, quess what, it's gonna happen. You just roll with he flow.

If you're dying too easy, it's your gear. Shard it, refine it. Make sure it's the right level for your level.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Why do we get a new thread on the same discussion every week? can't we put it into one thread?

Nation wars is a team work and strategy game. If it's meant to be soloed, it would be like the thursday tournament. Having an over powered squad =/= automatic win. One time my squad had a 100% win ratio for an entire 2 hours and we came last.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • LosTEscape - Lost City
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Why do we get a new thread on the same discussion every week? can't we put it into one thread?

Nation wars is a team work and strategy game. If it's meant to be soloed, it would be like the thursday tournament. Having an over powered squad =/= automatic win. One time my squad had a 100% win ratio for an entire 2 hours and we came last.

100% win ratio you say, how many people did your squad spawn kill?
    Yes one op squad cant win whole nation, but it can **** with people in the sector they are in. I know its nice to effortlessly win a land cuz your squad is so organized and with top gears. **** the rest.

I just would like to see how everyone would do if nw would be completely random with out squads.
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Huh, im not saying that i cant earn tokens or that im super undergeared compared to enemy squads. You are right if i know that i cant kill enemy flag carrier i try to stunn, seal etc till i get backup. I earn well, and i get base locked wery rarely and i meet op squads only few times during nw, but im ''qqing'' because im against squads in nw and i think that squad less nw's will be better for most of the people in pwi and as i can see alot of people think the same.

I know im not op cause i get bout 1-2 kills per nw. the most ive gotten so far in a nw is 3. my gear isnt refined but it is sharded. i have r6/tt90 armor with the lvl 85 vast land bow, sometimes i get bout 1-2 bms who have higher gear than me while trying to kill me when it totally fails for em. at times its taken bout 2 bms and a sin/archer/cleric/ whatever to kill me and its cause i keep using my apoth remedies, skills and genie to keep myself alive. heres right to point, its good to be in squads for nation wars cause it helps players to communicate with each other without having to use some online phone service (such as vent) to talk to each other and coordinate each others movements. if you think you do better without a squad, then go in the nw without one its as simple as that. If players want to make squads for nation wars, its cause they want to and no one should be saying to remove squading before the nw starts cause it creates op nations. its almost as if you were saying the same thing bout territory wars by removing squading up before a tw cause it makes factions too OP. thats how tws work, factions organize squads for different missions/jobs. same thing in nation wars, squads are organized so they can tackle each section that needs either defending or attacking.
    Dude... I'm level 68. I don't have a chance to kill anyone, but they sure do have the chance to kill me. I still walk away with tokens. That's because instead of QQing about not having r9, I do everything in my power to make sure that I help my nation win. I see the opposing nation digging the flag, I attack him with everything I've got. Sure chances are he's gonna turn around and one shot me, but I res, and I go at him again.

I see a nation member being ganged up on, I attack, I heal. I'm far from r9, and I'm far from op, but I'm not QQing that I get one shot. Because, quess what, it's gonna happen. You just roll with he flow.

If you're dying too easy, it's your gear. Shard it, refine it. Make sure it's the right level for your level.

+10 FTW b:victory

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

If it was truly random, you can still have moments where most of the top geared r9 players got in, in the same nation, and steamroll. Also, a simple World Chat or shout to faction chat, would enable players to squad in after entering, and if favoritism exists, the top geared players will group up. So nothing would ultimately be done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    This is speaking about only my own NW experiences so do not take offense as I do not know other squad situations or other server situations..

On RT I usually form a little faction squad. We are decently geared and we get good buffs to start the run with. I am squadleader, and start shouting where to move. Our little squad always separates in some point as we do not manage to get in same area during some crashes and all players rushing in wars but..

When we are in the same area we can work easily together but still earn our own contribution. I can ask for a back up when carrying flag and they can tell me where the flag spawned. We also stop together enemies.

When our squad does not end up in the same wars I usually run alone and they are separated from each other so we are squaded but not interacting in same war. This time I use battle chat and rely on random people, hoping for help when asked, hoping they hear my advices. I also advice tactics in nation chat if necessary, I try to rise their hopes up and encourage players to push the enemy nations backwards before base-lock kicks in.

I've noticed whether I work with my squad or not my personal contribution still stays the same and nation remains balanced/unbalanced depending on how much people listen to your advices in battles and nation chat.

IMO OP squads do not make the win. The _whole nation_ should interact, get together and TEAM PLAY. It is not the squads. It is the work between random people.

It is true few good squads per nation can make a boost up but these few good squads wouldn't be able to win against nations where people are really ready to act together, all of them.

Thus I see players getting stuck to be the biggest problem in NWs.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Rerum - Sanctuary
    Rerum - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I fully agree with not being able to enter as a squad, is fully overpowered to gather 10 persons all R9(RR) +10+11+12, put them together in a squad, and coordinate to always enter the same land, it tremendously unbalances the war and kills the fun, much like TW is nowadays.

This needs to be addressed ASAP, is more enjoyable if is full random, so battles are more balanced and enjoyable for everyone.
    How to play the game? 5.0 has the final say!!!
  • Asyniia - Archosaur
    edited December 2012
    Options
    This is speaking about only my own NW experiences so do not take offense as I do not know other squad situations or other server situations..

On RT I usually form a little faction squad. We are decently geared and we get good buffs to start the run with. I am squadleader, and start shouting where to move. Our little squad always separates in some point as we do not manage to get in same area during some crashes and all players rushing in wars but..

When we are in the same area we can work easily together but still earn our own contribution. I can ask for a back up when carrying flag and they can tell me where the flag spawned. We also stop together enemies.

When our squad does not end up in the same wars I usually run alone and they are separated from each other so we are squaded but not interacting in same war. This time I use battle chat and rely on random people, hoping for help when asked, hoping they hear my advices. I also advice tactics in nation chat if necessary, I try to rise their hopes up and encourage players to push the enemy nations backwards before base-lock kicks in.

I've noticed whether I work with my squad or not my personal contribution still stays the same and nation remains balanced/unbalanced depending on how much people listen to your advices in battles and nation chat.

IMO OP squads do not make the win. The _whole nation_ should interact, get together and TEAM PLAY. It is not the squads. It is the work between random people.

It is true few good squads per nation can make a boost up but these few good squads wouldn't be able to win against nations where people are really ready to act together, all of them.

Thus I see players getting stuck to be the biggest problem in NWs.

This.
  • Clearic - Sanctuary
    Clearic - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    So much QQing about pre-squading in NW. Don't u tards understand that it's 300, THREEHUNDRED people in every nation. 1 squad is 10 people and it gives your constribution advantage for like 2-3 first battles then you will surely be splitted up with like 1-3 other squadmembers.

P.S>I'm far from one of the high tokens achiever and love to squad with people in my own faction. Ijs~
    edited December 2012
    Options
    So much QQing about pre-squading in NW. Don't u tards understand that it's 300, THREEHUNDRED people in every nation. 1 squad is 10 people and it gives your constribution advantage for like 2-3 first battles then you will surely be splitted up with like 1-3 other squadmembers.

P.S>I'm far from one of the high tokens achiever and love to squad with people in my own faction. Ijs~

This, unless you completely eliminate squading, you can just form once inside. You can hog all the r9s, as long as you are r9 or very well geared, which then will form a whole new set of complaints because people will be felt left out.

G16 Nirvana can still dent up most r9 users aside the full +12 JoSD users, those people need at least some coordination, but they can still lose. Seen it done before.

As for 300 average per nation, I can already see the "most of those are alts!" argument coming into play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Spideera - Archosaur
    Spideera - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    This thread was so long I didn't read all of it. My request may have been mentioned, but I wanted to ask regardless:

Is there a way clerics can receive pts for healing? With everything in PWI and NW geared toward killing, it's extremely hard to gain tokens or xp or any of the perks as long as our main purpose and skill center around the opposite of killing; that is, keeping other players alive.

I'd never dare grab a flag if there is a barb around due to the fact that I'd be slapped out of the air the minute I pick it up. but I support the barb all the way to finish line and at the end of NW I receive a letter of reprimand stating I should 'fight' more. b:angry

Anyway, that was my little complaint. I love the game, but in all sincerity, I'm a tad annoyed that after using herbs, crabs, weapons and experiencing multiple deaths all in an effort to help my team or nation, I get nothing. Well not exactly "nothing" more like a letter encouraging me to not participate in NW anymore, since there's no way I can kill and run the flag like my team mates.

Thanks a bunch for listening to my concerns, it's greatly appreciated.
  • Asyniia - Archosaur
    edited December 2012
    Options
    This thread was so long I didn't read all of it. My request may have been mentioned, but I wanted to ask regardless:

Is there a way clerics can receive pts for healing? With everything in PWI and NW geared toward killing, it's extremely hard to gain tokens or xp or any of the perks as long as our main purpose and skill center around the opposite of killing; that is, keeping other players alive.

I'd never dare grab a flag if there is a barb around due to the fact that I'd be slapped out of the air the minute I pick it up. but I support the barb all the way to finish line and at the end of NW I receive a letter of reprimand stating I should 'fight' more. b:angry

Anyway, that was my little complaint. I love the game, but in all sincerity, I'm a tad annoyed that after using herbs, crabs, weapons and experiencing multiple deaths all in an effort to help my team or nation, I get nothing. Well not exactly "nothing" more like a letter encouraging me to not participate in NW anymore, since there's no way I can kill and run the flag like my team mates.

Thanks a bunch for listening to my concerns, it's greatly appreciated.

You do get points for buffing and healing, as well as attacking, killing, taking damage, and dying. I spend most of the two hours buffing and healing random people with a little bit of attacking, and lots of dying.
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Nations are split up randomly. I think based on soulforce, so if one OP squad goes into Dark, the next might go into Frost, or any other.

I know of notoriously OP geared people on my server ending up in the last or 2nd last placing nation. QQing about squads makes zero sense because most squads get split up anyway.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    OP squads don't break up when they keep moving ahead, and forging their own path through enemy territory. That's what it is when you see one territory of a nation moving though an enemy territory. It's how OP squads get around the need to split up.

But disallowing pre-squad won't do jack, unless people completely forget how to communicate. Vent, Faction chat, map chat, World chat; all these things make it possible for people to figure out who to squad with. And you're forgetting: most of the high geared people already know, or know of, eachother.

So both sides are wrong.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Malidega - Archosaur
    Malidega - Archosaur Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    After reading about 20+ posts I am disappointed in you ALL! My highest player is an 89 all path BM...on average he makes 25-32 tokens per NW. I have a little trouble at times getting a large number of points/kills from being a low lvl still but I didn't *****, wine, moan or complain. What I did do...

I leveled up my Psychic to 80 and geared it up a bit...and beat the **** out of all those lvl 90 and 100+ toons always killing my BM. Did you see the part about lvl 80? So stop wining and fix your problems yourself.

I read one post that pretty much NAILED IT flat out. It was written by a MARINE....go figure.. he/she uses common sense and works together with a group every week. They play smart and use strategy. Some of you really should try that. If I see another person running in the wrong direction with the damn flag.....FOLLOW THE RED FREAKIN' ARROW PEOPLE!

Stay in groups of 3-4 at least and tag team the high lvl guys.. they cannot take you all before you kill them. If you are low lvl, HIT THE PEOPLE WITH GREEN GLOWING WEAPONS! They are in your lvl bracket.

Groups that start together rarely stay together past the 3rd or 4th battle due to delays and getting kicked back to base so it doesn't matter if they start in groups...QQ...QQ

Getting ganked by an R9...run away to an area with a bunch of people on your Nation...Kinda like being squishy and running to the take when you aggro......QQ..QQ.. I'm low lvl.. make the game easier...QQ...It's not meant to be easy.. it's meant to be FUN and require some STRATEGY to maximize your token prize.
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    After reading about 20+ posts I am disappointed in you ALL! My highest player is an 89 all path BM...on average he makes 25-32 tokens per NW. I have a little trouble at times getting a large number of points/kills from being a low lvl still but I didn't *****, wine, moan or complain. What I did do...

I leveled up my Psychic to 80 and geared it up a bit...and beat the **** out of all those lvl 90 and 100+ toons always killing my BM. Did you see the part about lvl 80? So stop wining and fix your problems yourself.

I read one post that pretty much NAILED IT flat out. It was written by a MARINE....go figure.. he/she uses common sense and works together with a group every week. They play smart and use strategy. Some of you really should try that. If I see another person running in the wrong direction with the damn flag.....FOLLOW THE RED FREAKIN' ARROW PEOPLE!

Stay in groups of 3-4 at least and tag team the high lvl guys.. they cannot take you all before you kill them. If you are low lvl, HIT THE PEOPLE WITH GREEN GLOWING WEAPONS! They are in your lvl bracket.

Groups that start together rarely stay together past the 3rd or 4th battle due to delays and getting kicked back to base so it doesn't matter if they start in groups...QQ...QQ

Getting ganked by an R9...run away to an area with a bunch of people on your Nation...Kinda like being squishy and running to the take when you aggro......QQ..QQ.. I'm low lvl.. make the game easier...QQ...It's not meant to be easy.. it's meant to be FUN and require some STRATEGY to maximize your token prize.
    I used to regularly run NW on my 9x archer, 8x veno, or 101 cleric. Just tried it tonight on my 100 sin. Blasted fun, but mostly me stunning, debuffing, aoeing, and all around being a nuisance. b:chuckle

I agree with you, kind sir.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
    edited December 2012
    Options

Well said Maildega, exactly how it should be each week in nation wars and nation wars period.

• Banndit - Heavens Tear
    Banndit - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Preventing pre-squading before NW won't yield much benefit if any because r9s can easily squade up once inside, but it will disadantage friends/guildies from playing and squading together. The problem isn't pre-squading but the fact that NW highly rewards an offensive squade of r9s who are also effective at capturing flags, over a defensive squade of r9s. It is highly difficult to organise a defense against them so they are almost always stronger then their opponent. This is also why we are getting alot land locks too because they wanders off to maximise their points.

If you want to see for yourself, be selfish and ignor defense and attack with them if you get the chance. Try this, either squade with them or be lucky to win a battle with them. First priority, dont' die more then 6 time. 2nd, assist attack. 3rd slow down oponents flag carrier. 4th attack the next land with them and repeat. If by chance your nation did reasonably well, your token would be much higher then playing the defensive roll.

However, thats not the best outcome ofcourse with our current rules. The best outcome would be roughly speaking for the best squade"s" who know how to make big attack, small defence, big attack again, small defense etc instead of one continues big land grab attack.
  • G_tar_God - Dreamweaver
    G_tar_God - Dreamweaver Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Didnt read all the posts, but based on the first few....

1. Yes goin in with OP squads is pretty crazy, but PW thought it through. Those OP squads will barely get any points, so their rewards will suck because they'll end up in crappy wars. I'll agree though, when u get a full 1st cast r9 squad vs a full 3rd cast r9 squad it kinda sucks.

2. It's pretty hard to keep a full 10 ppl together. They WILL get split up.

3. As for using apo with a flag. It's really easy to stop a flag carrier even if they use a shadow binder or charger orb. All the opposing side has to do is get infront of the flag carrier, or just camp the base. No one can cap a flag being completely immune to stuns/immobilize. Bm's will get close solo but i dont think they can quite make it. Also anti stun runs arent as fast, so ppl can catch em easy.
    G_tar_God ~ 104
    Aussie represent for PWI

"Life without music would be a mistake..." [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rolix9
    rolix9 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Interesting how today frost had the most ppl and light the least, light ended up in the first place and frost in the last. I guess its true that nations are divided by soulforce, light had the most r9's and frost had bunch of lowbies.
    and one squad full with top ppl carved there path to frosts base and cut it off, i guess one squad can make a difference.
    LC server
    edited December 2012
    Options
    rolix9 wrote: »
    Interesting how today frost had the most ppl and light the least, light ended up in the first place and frost in the last. I guess its true that nations are divided by soulforce, light had the most r9's and frost had bunch of lowbies.
    and one squad full with top ppl carved there path to frosts base and cut it off, i guess one squad can make a difference.
    LC server

Anyone from LC elaborate on this? Otherwise, I think this might be a case of strategy > numbers, and I don't think 1 OP OP squad can make much difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    On dreamweaver 1-2 squads completely came and closed our base off. I think it was composed mostly of dyna people as thier op archer made one flag even though several were hitting hit an trying to stop him. In fact that has happened several times where even with r9+12 I just could not keep stun lock long enough nor do enough dmg to kill even though we got in between the flag carrier and the goal. Heck tackling slashed mr flyranger and proceeed to use my irongaurd and windshield and hit him with my r9+12 daggers as well as others in the area hitting and still managed to not kill him faster than his charm tick etc. The new class of op is flat out game breaking op practically.
  • Akan - Momaganon
    Akan - Momaganon Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Since only the unhappy people are posting, maybe those of us who like the current system should start posting too, even though I doubt that would happen since the happy people are busy playing the game.

No changes needed, I am happy with the current system that allows people to squad up before the war and would be very unhappy if they changed it.
  • FlyRanger - Dreamweaver
    FlyRanger - Dreamweaver Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    On dreamweaver 1-2 squads completely came and closed our base off. I think it was composed mostly of dyna people as thier op archer made one flag even though several were hitting hit an trying to stop him. In fact that has happened several times where even with r9+12 I just could not keep stun lock long enough nor do enough dmg to kill even though we got in between the flag carrier and the goal. Heck tackling slashed mr flyranger and proceeed to use my irongaurd and windshield and hit him with my r9+12 daggers as well as others in the area hitting and still managed to not kill him faster than his charm tick etc. The new class of op is flat out game breaking op practically.

Imagine me having purify proc on weapon b:shocked I wasnt even w/ my squad 95% of the time b/c of my crash at start x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I upload a vid of a rank 9 3rd cast seeker fight, 90 views.
    I upload a vid of me in my boxers, 750 views.
    I know what the PWI community wants.

b:laugh
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    The people who are in OP squads, will **** over their nation. But only because it benefits them.

10 v 20 they will move further and further away, even against insane odds. Because they can't be kicked, if no other groups can join their war. And if they are OP, just don't respawn enough you can get kicked back. That is how the OP groups operate, by not allowing the bad things to happen.

The unfortunate part, is that this will in turn lead to them doing utterly stupid things for the nation, but beneficial for them. Where they cut off a weak nation from warring with the other, and then turn their attention upon the OP's nation. This will usually result in base lock for everyone else in the nation, but a chicken shoot for the OP squad. They will just keep moving around where the enemy front will now be weakest, while racking up points regardless of which nation actually wins.

So guess what; mystery solved. This is how the OP squads win such great amounts. Now everyone who isn't OP, use your brains and make them pay! Being cut off means people can't come in to take their slots, but it also means they get no reinforcements when they lose people. So use your enemy against them. Attack places that leave the enemy wanting to attack the OP squad next; even if it is an OP squad of your own nation. After all, if that squad is doing stupid **** for their own aggrandizement, it's not like they are YOUR ally.

Bottom line: call it what it is, and treat them as they are. Someone doing something that screws your nation and can only benefit themselves? Treat them as the enemy, and lead other enemy armies there. Lock them down until they can't move and become baselocked as they lose. And do that while avoiding losses yourself.

If you want to play the victim, have fun. But if you were at all half-way competent, you would use people's OP squad set-up either for you, or against them. You may be allied, but you're still fighting for the same over-all contribution score. So start acting like it.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Anyone from LC elaborate on this? Otherwise, I think this might be a case of strategy > numbers, and I don't think 1 OP OP squad can make much difference.

Every nation had r9 +12 squads. LC has more 105 r9 +12s than anyone I'm pretty sure. My squad won pretty much every single battle we entered and cut lines across the map. We base locked light for a little while even.

But, not A single one of us is full r9 and only one of us has.a +12 wep but he wears 2nd cast nv and 99 gear.

Its about team work and strategy. Gear helps but only so much. Honestly, to any of you below level 100, none of your suggested changes will make any difference whatsoever to how YOU do. Go gear up, come back with atleast +5 nv.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]