For people unable to participate in NW...

Options
2»

Comments

• Annonrae - Sanctuary
    Annonrae - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    "**** NW, I just play as usual!" is my choice. I am in Europe and I work nightshifts, so even though I am awake at the time the event does take place, I'm busy elsewhere. That said, even IF I didn't work on the weekend/nightshift, I don't think I'd force myself out of bed at what amounts to the middle of the night for me.

This is supposed to be a game, not the center of my life around which I have to somehow squeeze in all my other activities, and I play accordingly. Prices are falling - so what if it takes me longer getting my gear, buying from other people with coin I make from BH? I'm aiming for G16 AA and I'm honestly not in a rush to be like all the other 90349859476957 AAs who're now prancing around in their new shinies. I'll get there eventually. :P
  • SweeTarts - Dreamweaver
    SweeTarts - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I chose the "quit the game" option as it closely resembles what I actually have done. I have cut WAY BACK on my playing. If PWI doesn't want to include me because I have a family and a social life, I'll stop sending them money for Zen. I'll play from time to time, but I'm not having much fun with it. The people that used to beg for me to help them farm mats in TT because of how poor they were are now bragging about their g16 gear. I'm happy for them, but I feel very cheated after the years of effort replaced by 2 weeks of NW propelling people beyond my accomplishments.

This is exactly how I felt about the timing with TW, which I rarely get to participate in. My weekends are far busier than my weekdays. I wonder if we can cram a few more fun events into the weekends and eliminate the point of pwi during the week altogether. It's my stupid fault for still playing.
  • Myisho - Dreamweaver
    Myisho - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    everything depends on dedication, there's no such thing as not possible xD.. or is that addiction.. oh well..

LOL Heartz i think that is called addiction and you really need to see some one about it lol
  • KuIgan - Sanctuary
    KuIgan - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    German player right here so NW is 5:20-7:20 am on saturday/monday for me, i participate anyway on saturday since its the weekends and i dont mind getting up early since that is what i do all week anyway (and might catch a nap till 11am after NW). On monday its even easier for me since my work is having flexible times to start, with the latest time for me to show up at the office is 9am, so i am fine here too.

However I do realize not everyone gets to be this lucky...
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Well, I am in the right time zone, being I live in the states, but both NW fall on days I am working (Fri) or sleeping (Sun) due to my work schedule of getting up at 1am on Mondays. I wouldn't mind getting a chance to participate, but, ehhh, no biggie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • Aviron - Harshlands
    Aviron - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ...I feel very cheated after the years of effort replaced by 2 weeks of NW propelling people beyond my accomplishments.

Well spoken. I feel the same.
  • TahBeast - Lost City
    TahBeast - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    b:laugh lucky for me , nw time = my work time - b:chuckle
    never can get my hand on a fancy rewards b:cryb:cryb
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    German player right here so NW is 5:20-7:20 am on saturday/monday for me, i participate anyway on saturday since its the weekends and i dont mind getting up early since that is what i do all week anyway (and might catch a nap till 11am after NW). On monday its even easier for me since my work is having flexible times to start, with the latest time for me to show up at the office is 9am, so i am fine here too.

However I do realize not everyone gets to be this lucky...

flexible timeshift ftw

dreamweaver is 2 am for gmt+1
    i need to cut my sleep in 2 parts on sunday night

5am would mean a healthy sleep schedule fur sunday :p
    i like potato
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I play in "non fb - help to other player time" as if no players around.

My chat is turned off and I just try to play.

Yesterday during few hours (or may be more) got 1,7 kk coins from DQ and other drop from mobs for reputation (now my character has 28k rep.points) .

May be in this game will be something more for PvE players.

Also leveled few crafting skills to 5th level.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ahh whocares,i decided lastnight to play the full term of the war,friday i made 18 tokens on my first try but i played for a hour on my archer,this time on my sin i played 2 hours..jsut randomly killing people and such and being killed myself,but whocares again i made 58 tokens lol..man gotta love the free canny/rap event right hahahahaha.I done got my cleric full stage 2 nirv already,now jsut one week away or less before i have all rap for its lunar weapon at stage 1.

i think ill continue to take advantage over this event untill they **** up the awards eventually.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I chose to wake up at nighttime to participate... at least on Fridays..

I live in Finland so it means I'll have to be at event from 3:20 AM - 5:20 AM... When school starts for me again I have no chance to be on at that time and ruin my sleep (I have bad sleeping problems). On fridays I can attend but I am afraid it'll result as lack of sleep...
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Maybe they should swap the time slots of the Friday night NW with the 2pm Saturday TW?

Oddly the EU/Kiwi/Aussie people are having a harder time making the 2pm TWs than the 8pm TWs.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Ripokeke - Sanctuary
    Ripokeke - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    For me it's Saturday noon and Monday noon for current timing, hope they change the Sunday time slot to Saturday so I can play on both timings b:chuckle
  • Fate/Soul - Lost City
    Fate/Soul - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Maybe they should swap the time slots of the Friday night NW with the 2pm Saturday TW?

Best idea, tw is lame and useless not even fun anymore.
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I have switch servers, though not for NW. When I first started playing PW I joined an East coast server because I had a friend that already played on one. I stayed on the server because of the person I was playing with even though events and such did not work well with my schedule. Once the person I was playing with quit I decided to switch to a West coast server because I knew I would be able to do more things.

I won't lie, it was hard switching. I left behind two high level toons (and various low level alts), one with very good gear. Plus I had rare flyers, mounts, fashion and a ton of coin, but I found myself playing less and less because so many events were at times I could not attend. Once I switched I did grumble that I had to leave everything behind, but after a while I was grateful I did. Because I was able to be more involved I enjoyed playing the game so much more. Plus I found it easier to gain back some of the items/coin I had to leave behind because I could participate more.

I guess when it comes to this sort of thing one has to make the decision which is more important, your quality of gaming or the items you already have. Personally, I can say I am very glad I switched servers and know it was the right choice for me to make.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • DeepSilence - Dreamweaver
    DeepSilence - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I choose the quit option even tho I'm still playing but not quite as much .. thinking of quitting tho if something isn't going to change on the next updates.

I've gone to the event 2 times so far (the other times I just couldn't wake up at those crazy hours even tho I tried it was just too hard to stay awake b:irritated) but been very disappointing since I'm pretty squishy and I'm getting killed a lot by others - I'm not very well geared compared to others and I'm not a pvp player, I hate pvp and I only did it for the coins but the rewards haven't been that great either, first time got 65 tokens (which was pretty good as raps/canny were still selling with good prices), second time 41 (rly bad this time, raps/canny prices dropped) so overall not that great.

Now Raps and Canny prices are dropping so bad, on my server people were selling (not buying!) raps with 400k or less and canny with like 90k or less .. and prices are dropping each week.

I think in a next few weeks the rewards from the event for a non-pvp experienced or non-well geared players aren't gonna be that great so I really don't see any point in even trying to participate in the event just for the rewards itself - if you like the pvp fun then go for it otherwise ..
  • FaithDread - Heavens Tear
    FaithDread - Heavens Tear Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I choose the quit option even tho I'm still playing but not quite as much .. thinking of quitting tho if something isn't going to change on the next updates.

I've gone to the event 2 times so far (the other times I just couldn't wake up at those crazy hours even tho I tried it was just too hard to stay awake b:irritated) but been very disappointing since I'm pretty squishy and I'm getting killed a lot by others - I'm not very well geared compared to others and I'm not a pvp player, I hate pvp and I only did it for the coins but the rewards haven't been that great either, first time got 65 tokens (which was pretty good as raps/canny were still selling with good prices), second time 41 (rly bad this time, raps/canny prices dropped) so overall not that great.

Now Raps and Canny prices are dropping so bad, on my server people were selling (not buying!) raps with 400k or less and canny with like 90k or less .. and prices are dropping each week.

I think in a next few weeks the rewards from the event for a non-pvp experienced or non-well geared players aren't gonna be that great so I really don't see any point in even trying to participate in the event just for the rewards itself - if you like the pvp fun then go for it otherwise ..

41 Tokens is 205 Cannys which is 18-20mil, why is that bad? Thats better then any farming player can make in 2 hours. 3000~ points is not hard to get during the event and thats around 40 Tokens regardless of nation. The prices fly up and down, but they shouldnt be sold for less then 100K, if thats the case on your server, that is very strange.

I can understand the getting up stupid early thing cause I have to do it to, but complaining about the rewards is a bit silly dont you think? Sure people are getting more, but 20mil for 2 hours work is hardly "bad"b:victory
    Crafting shiny things since 2008 b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Myelene - Lost City
    Myelene - Lost City Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    i can only attend sundays but i think they should make it daily XD with random timing maybe announcing 1 hr prior the event the time on weekdays b:thanks
    edited November 2012
    Options
    41 Tokens is 205 Cannys which is 18-20mil, why is that bad? Thats better then any farming player can make in 2 hours. 3000~ points is not hard to get during the event and thats around 40 Tokens regardless of nation. The prices fly up and down, but they shouldnt be sold for less then 100K, if thats the case on your server, that is very strange.

I can understand the getting up stupid early thing cause I have to do it to, but complaining about the rewards is a bit silly dont you think? Sure people are getting more, but 20mil for 2 hours work is hardly "bad"b:victory

I don't know about you but 9 mils per hour for me its hardly worth the trouble since I have to wake up at 3-4 in the morning and do pvp which I hate doing (getting one shotted by people you don't even get to see or getting spawn killed or waiting around for ages to find a empty spot on a map to join in it's just not that fun for me).

Sure it's better then any other farming out there but considering that I'm forced to do stuffs I don't enjoy doing I think I'll pass.

And it may not be that bad now but it will get worse because prices are dropping each weak and cannies are now selling for 90k (if ya selling it at 90k doesn't mean people will be buying them!) or less but who knows what will be next week. At some point the market will be so flooded with cannies or raps that they will become worthless.
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I like to play for fun and not care about profit. It is a nice bonus though. If you enjoy something you should do it. If you dont like it then do something else (like sleeping).
  • Hollychaos - Heavens Tear
    Hollychaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    the timing of the event can really be an issue for some EU players and I completely understand their frustration when NW has completely replaced Nirvana (caster and normal)which was our main farming instance at least in HT.
    Since not attending this event on a regular basis will make u lose money, I do hope there's gonna be a change on the current time when the event is held. We cant expect all EU/aussie players to just change servers. I've played this game long before the EU servers were introduced and even if I still love playing it, I am not ready to start from scratch again and just move to another server.
    Anyway, I chose the waking up at night and playing it cause I guess we dont have much choice other than doing that...
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I like to play for fun and not care about profit. It is a nice bonus though. If you enjoy something you should do it. If you dont like it then do something else (like sleeping).
    Well, its kind of sad when people are forced to do stuff they don't want and I bet a lot of people go to the event just for the rewards - I know I did, I mean if there wasn't for the rewards I wound never consider doing a pvp event, like never ever in a million years!

So yes, I choose to sleep and I'm happy about it b:chuckle