Why 2x Sucks

Allisandre - Sanctuary
Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
Because trying to get a squad/help with anything that isn't relating to farming levels or mats is damn near impossible.
b:angry

I mean it's already bad enough that half the people logged in are either a catshop or in Reflection.
Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
There are those who panic,
And then there is us.
~ Sarah Jane Smith
Post edited by Allisandre - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    <_< Perhaps you should make friends with a good faction?

Also, it is currently a holiday in the US, a lot of people probably parked themselves in reflection or catshop for the week before traveling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Clokey - Harshlands
    Clokey - Harshlands Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yeah, my faction always make TT FC BH and WS but for faction members xD
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What kind of things do you need help with?
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Because trying to get a squad/help with anything that isn't relating to farming levels or mats is damn near impossible.
    b:angry

2x?

How is what you are saying different from 100 threads Fuzzy reads outside of 2x?

As has been said, a good faction is the best solution, both in and out of any given double drop period.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It's what Fuzzy said. If you can't find people to do stuff with, try finding a nice faction that does things for/with its members.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • imnotafoooool
    imnotafoooool Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This shouldn't be an issue now lol. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Broohooof! b:victory
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Are we playing the same server...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Chaber - Momaganon
    Chaber - Momaganon Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You re from Sanc. and you really QQ about not getting enough help? LOL

Check Momaga. and then start such topics :p

I've got toons on both servers and Sanc. is very helpfull one. Maybe you re not lucky?
  • XScootaloo - Dreamweaver
    XScootaloo - Dreamweaver Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    2x is cash
    With the living avatars of friendship by your side and the orbital friendship cannon at your back, look the wraiths in there soulless eyes and ask them. "will you accept my friendship undead scum?"

[sigpic][/sigpic]
  • mm2000
    mm2000 Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have no problems, who needs a squad? First of all, judging from your avatar, I am guessing that is not your main, if you don't use a level 80+ barb, 80+ veno, 80+ mystic, 100+ BM or 100+ sin, why have a squad that only slows you down and takes your loot? Go get your HP charms and solo instead because in the long run squad runs are not worth it unless you are doing it with friends you know because in the long run, you're not making as much profit as you would when you do random or even faction squads instead of soloing.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    he is the reason you cant find any help.

him and his patetic mentality oh yeah solo everything in a mmo.

that is why pwi is dead.

anyways find ppl who hate solo player and like to form party and this mmm200 or whatever noob dont listen to him prolly a noob.

ooh pretty sure one of the nv qq so no wonder.

find real friend and let them help you and plan ahead
  • mm2000
    edited November 2012
    he is the reason you cant find any help.

him and his patetic mentality oh yeah solo everything in a mmo.

that is why pwi is dead.

anyways find ppl who hate solo player and like to form party and this mmm200 or whatever noob dont listen to him prolly a noob.

ooh pretty sure one of the nv qq so no wonder.

find real friend and let them help you and plan ahead

Oh please, people like you are leeches. Why the hell would I want to team with a leech? Only thing you leeches do is get in my way, only all talk and no action. I have been in such squads and end up soloing things and some people take my loot that they don't deserve, I hate such things. So keep hating on me because I use my brain. Only thing I agree with you is on that last sentence even though there is no punctuation in that and I already said that.
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    mm2000 wrote: »
    Oh please, people like you are leeches. Why the hell would I want to team with a leech? Only thing you leeches do is get in my way, only all talk and no action. I have been in such squads and end up soloing things and some people take my loot that they don't deserve, I hate such things. So keep hating on me because I use my brain. Only thing I agree with you is on that last sentence even though there is no punctuation in that and I already said that.

Only thing I could make out from that paragraph is I'M ARROGANT BLAH BLAH BLAH, ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Go get your HP charms and solo instead

That is very sound advice, listen to that user. When you go down this path, please let me know, i will sell you charms b:pleased.
  • Lialan - Raging Tide
    Lialan - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't even wanna quote and point out the wrong post(s) here, and prolly should have just walked away from this thread.. But I'm sooo pisset off rite now...

There really WAS a reason I wanted to play an MASS Multiplayer Online Game!!! Honestly!! There was.

If I wanted to play alone.. And with more then one char.. I would have stuck with Lemings mate.. b:angry

But I wanted something new. And mmo concept offered it. Now that I'm here I must cope with mentally challenged people who either don't understand the idea behind mmo, or lead poorly organised lives with messed up priorities so they really need a game to give them that false sense of achievement and help them sleep at nights.
    I really don't care about how fast you can go 100, or farm w/e gear you consider the best. Some people just don't roll that way. Most I've met are doing more then ok out in rl, and love/play the game as it's a nice and free stress relief.

So stu with "go solo" advice and spread the word. Maybe someday threads like this will no longer be an issue.
    As for leaching... I know, I hate it too. But there are more leechers among "rush to end game 100% ftp" then there is in an other group of players out there. Besides in a "helpfull" faction you can't leech anyway. You get what you give in the end, and that's what our OP here really needed to hear.
  • anarcko
    anarcko Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    k so...i know this aint at all relevent to this thread, but im gettin ticked off...cant create a thread still and my acc is almost a month old...cant post anything about anything, theres no decent wiki, can someone tell me why i cant post yet?
    all ive wanted to know for the last MONTH is something about hotkeys that i still cant figure out....

(forgetting the f1-f8 keys...)

u have 5 bars 1-9....well i wanna have first bar 1-9, second bar alt+1-9, third bar shift+1-9, 4th bar ctrl+1-9 and so on....is that even possible in this game???
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    1. You can't create a thread because you've not linked to your character; and thread creation for new characters is disabled because of spammers.

2. With your obvious abject inability to communicate, you should not be allowed near a keyboard, let alone allowed to create threads.

3. There is a wiki. It works just fine.

4. No; that's not how the hotbars work in this game. Alt+numbers is used for the pet hotbar (if you have a pet) and either Ctrl or Shift is for targeting players in your squad.
    You can use a couple of keys (v and ' by default, I believe; check the hotkey menu) to toggle between the different hotbars.

5. This is actually explained on the main PWI site: Game Info->Advanced Info lets you find:
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/gameinfo/ui/functionbar
    And other such useful beginner information.

6. You could just, try, you know, using the game. It's not hard to play with and find stuff out.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    anarcko wrote: »
    all ive wanted to know for the last MONTH is something about fking hotkeys that i still cant fking figure out....

(forgetting the f1-f8 keys...)

u have 5 bars 1-9....well i wanna have first bar 1-9, second bar alt+1-9, third bar shift+1-9, 4th bar ctrl+1-9 and so on....is that even possible in this game???

With that amount of swearing in a post and rude attitude, here is my solution.

Go inside pwi, press K. Your answer will be there.

If you still can not see it. There are only two bars you can hot key for a player. At any one given point in time, you can have two active. Inactives have no point in existing, when they are toggled to active status, depending on the hotkey side they are on, those hotkeys will be used.
  • /Mangetsu - Dreamweaver
    /Mangetsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    just wanted to check my sign O_O (...)

nd probly one of the reasons why 2x sucks is because most people can just solo TT and no1 is doin vana is squad bcuz of NW [not saying NW is a bad thing] and i have noticed less people do BHs bcuz 35% the ppl in my server has quit [i guess] b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /Mangetsu - Dreamweaver
    /Mangetsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    O_O couldn't c my sign first time sry b:surrenderb:shockedb:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Really?? So people who play in a squad are leeches? Tell me again how the barb that tanked for your character up until endgame is a leech? Tell me how the blademaster that tanked/sub tank/DD'ed for your character until he/she was strong enough to hold its own is a leech. Tell me how the sin that knew their job and DD'ed or tanked is a leech? Tell me how the seeker that DD'ed/sub tanked/ or tanked is a leech? Tell me how the wizard that DD'ed is a leech? What about that archer that killed the mob before it could get to you and tear you apart? Are they a leech? How about the psy that did the same? Don't tell me that the mystic that rez buffed you, healed you, sent their pet to attack and supported at the same time is a leech? Wait? Seriously, you don't mean that the cleric that stacked IH on you is a leech. The one that rezzed you is a leech? The one that leveled their rez up high...even possibly to sage/demon for 0% xp loss...which doesn't help clerics save XP at ALL and isn't cheap is a leech? Now when you go solo every instance in the game, I hope that you don't ask anyone for buffs....you know...cause that'd be leeching. I suppose that you never got buffed by anyone in this game and if you did...given your very strong sense of not leeching, you insta-resetted to remove the leech of a buff they cast upon you. Anytime that a cleric or mystic revived you, you used a rez scroll or returned to town instead to save yourself the convenience of their leech of a xp percentage and convenience move, like rez and revive. You never attacked during a bm's hf, or anyone's debuff either. You don't want to leech off of their damage amp after all. You relied solely upon your character and their genie. You didn't need help with your level 89 cult, your level 59 cult, killing Krixxix, killing Farng, killing the four bosses for the 49 cult, never needed help killing wyvern, rankar and fushma? You soloed Pole, nob, and Pyro. You even completed your level 100 cult by yourself, didn't you? You managed to run 2 full deltas and several other deltas alone, and deal with the boss afterwards. You have all four maps in OHT open, and did it without ANYONE's help...buffs included. Just because your character is high geared now, don't forget that it wasn't always so...and that it was HELP that got you where you are now. LOL that you must have somehow opened nirvy by yourself. I'd love to see that. You didn't ask any of those leeches for help opening did you? Yeah...cause that'd make you a leech...seeing as how you NEED us leeches to open up for you.

All characters in this game have a usage. Not everyone is designed with high aps, but that doesn't make them useless. Some of the best players in this game don't necessarily have the best gear. I've honestly seen level 59 barbs that I've commended and told that they were better than some level 100 barbs that I've seen. I've done the same for sins, clerics, and virtually every class. So that good player that worked and saved you when you lagged, messed up, just didn't know, or otherwise got in a bad situation in game...they aren't a leech. I'm going to cut my response to that post of yours there, because I'll go off on a tangent and name every boss that you either never soloed, or never fought. But before I do...allow me to congratulate you for soloing all of this... b:scornb:beatenupb:cool

http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/boss.php
    Only thing I could make out from that paragraph is I'M ARROGANT BLAH BLAH BLAH, ijs

LMAO. Agreed. b:laugh
    That is very sound advice, listen to that user. When you go down this path, please let me know, i will sell you charms b:pleased.

I do hope that you are being sarcastic, because that advice is horrible.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Oh, on topic. 2x is awesome. True, finding squads is somewhat harder, but they are still running. Keep looking. :D You'll get one. :D
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • mm2000
    edited November 2012
    Really?? So people who play in a squad are leeches? Tell me again how the barb that tanked for your character up until endgame is a leech? Tell me how the blademaster that tanked/sub tank/DD'ed for your character until he/she was strong enough to hold its own is a leech. Tell me how the sin that knew their job and DD'ed or tanked is a leech? Tell me how the seeker that DD'ed/sub tanked/ or tanked is a leech? Tell me how the wizard that DD'ed is a leech? What about that archer that killed the mob before it could get to you and tear you apart? Are they a leech? How about the psy that did the same? Don't tell me that the mystic that rez buffed you, healed you, sent their pet to attack and supported at the same time is a leech? Wait? Seriously, you don't mean that the cleric that stacked IH on you is a leech. The one that rezzed you is a leech? The one that leveled their rez up high...even possibly to sage/demon for 0% xp loss...which doesn't help clerics save XP at ALL and isn't cheap is a leech? Now when you go solo every instance in the game, I hope that you don't ask anyone for buffs....you know...cause that'd be leeching. I suppose that you never got buffed by anyone in this game and if you did...given your very strong sense of not leeching, you insta-resetted to remove the leech of a buff they cast upon you. Anytime that a cleric or mystic revived you, you used a rez scroll or returned to town instead to save yourself the convenience of their leech of a xp percentage and convenience move, like rez and revive. You never attacked during a bm's hf, or anyone's debuff either. You don't want to leech off of their damage amp after all. You relied solely upon your character and their genie. You didn't need help with your level 89 cult, your level 59 cult, killing Krixxix, killing Farng, killing the four bosses for the 49 cult, never needed help killing wyvern, rankar and fushma? You soloed Pole, nob, and Pyro. You even completed your level 100 cult by yourself, didn't you? You managed to run 2 full deltas and several other deltas alone, and deal with the boss afterwards. You have all four maps in OHT open, and did it without ANYONE's help...buffs included. Just because your character is high geared now, don't forget that it wasn't always so...and that it was HELP that got you where you are now. LOL that you must have somehow opened nirvy by yourself. I'd love to see that. You didn't ask any of those leeches for help opening did you? Yeah...cause that'd make you a leech...seeing as how you NEED us leeches to open up for you.

All characters in this game have a usage. Not everyone is designed with high aps, but that doesn't make them useless. Some of the best players in this game don't necessarily have the best gear. I've honestly seen level 59 barbs that I've commended and told that they were better than some level 100 barbs that I've seen. I've done the same for sins, clerics, and virtually every class. So that good player that worked and saved you when you lagged, messed up, just didn't know, or otherwise got in a bad situation in game...they aren't a leech. I'm going to cut my response to that post of yours there, because I'll go off on a tangent and name every boss that you either never soloed, or never fought. But before I do...allow me to congratulate you for soloing all of this... b:scornb:beatenupb:cool

http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/boss.php

I can tank with my own chars, why would I need a barb (or another one if I play one too?)? I always stock myself with charms, apoth and crab meats, why would I need a cleric / mystic for healing? I have not died once in this game, revive / resurrect is useless to me. I can get other DDs but why would I do that if they can't catch up with me?

I have been with such people who either just take too long to go to an instance and they end up way behind me wasting my time with them. I don't like waiting for people, I am usually the first to fourth person to enter, even for BH, I just go for the boss and not care about the other people in my squad if they take more than 10 minutes to come inside the instance, if they didn't get the kill, too bad for them, join another squad.

If they take too long (faction member, random or recent friend you barely know) is too obvious that they will bring down the squad. Before I had level 80 chars with TT80 gold / nirvana, I noticed this, when the squad member was the actual threat to the squad I kept my caution and actually avoid the squad wipes when my gear was not +8, it was +4 max and I had no idea how to refine properly then. Leeches hinder you, not contribute by doing their role.
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have not died once in this game, revive / resurrect is useless to me. I can get other DDs but why would I do that if they can't catch up with me?
    Hm, so your Cultivation is still Aware of Harmony? b:bye

Apart from that, an MMO is designed to get together and have fun. In my experience it is way more fun to do things in a group if everyone is doing their best. Also consider, that most people or certain classes simply can't solo things (of their level) and have to rely on others. How about some charity?

@OP: Just be a little patient and you'll get your squads! :)
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have not died once in this game, revive / resurrect is useless to me. .

Bull. Either you don't play the game, or you're a nub who does everything on easy mode. Everyone has died. Pro players, R9's, new players, everyone. Dying is pretty much part of the learning experience as you try new things and challenge yourself further.

Personally I don't mind if my squad is a little slow, undergeared, low DD or w/e. As long as they're friendly it's all good. MMO's are social games, if you get hooked up on efficiency over enjoying the game with others, why even bother playing. I gear myself properly and know my instances and class, but I personally couldn't care if a run takes 10 minutes longer than it could. If I'm having fun and others are too, the experience is worth it. In fact I'll always choose the casual and relaxed squad over the fast gear obsessed efficient-driven one.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Most of my friends left the game a while ago.

The Director of my faction was part of a coup that tried to destroy it (and almost succeeded).

I've even used a lot of telecoustics in an effort to get in/start runs, but never receive any responses. So far I'm just soloing everything, or do runs with 1 or 2 faction mates, which might as well be me soloing.

Sanctuary may be one of the most populated servers, but it also has a lot of self-centered and unhelpful people. Right now forming a random squad for BH89+ or a real Delta is damn near impossible. All WC chat consists of is sales, drama, *******s, and FCC runs. (Huge lack of vana runs being announced lately, and that's likely due to NW.)

Two years ago, this wasn't the case. But now thanks to oodles of 2x, hyper noobs, ect. the game is quickly losing it's charm.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would gladly invite someone I know its a nice person in a farming squad(even if he would slow us down) , rather than invite some socio-phobic ego-centric e-peen lover +12 4/5 aps fish.

Good lord,this is a game b:shutup
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
    edited November 2012
    I can tank with my own chars, why would I need a barb (or another one if I play one too?)? I always stock myself with charms, apoth and crab meats, why would I need a cleric / mystic for healing? I have not died once in this game, revive / resurrect is useless to me. I can get other DDs but why would I do that if they can't catch up with me?

I have been with such people who either just take too long to go to an instance and they end up way behind me wasting my time with them. I don't like waiting for people, I am usually the first to fourth person to enter, even for BH, I just go for the boss and not care about the other people in my squad if they take more than 10 minutes to come inside the instance, if they didn't get the kill, too bad for them, join another squad.

If they take too long (faction member, random or recent friend you barely know) is too obvious that they will bring down the squad. Before I had level 80 chars with TT80 gold / nirvana, I noticed this, when the squad member was the actual threat to the squad I kept my caution and actually avoid the squad wipes when my gear was not +8, it was +4 max and I had no idea how to refine properly then. Leeches hinder you, not contribute by doing their role.

You DO realize they meant when you only had 1 or a couple toons before you could truly solo anything? it is truly impossible for you to of solod EVERYTHING for yourself so stop making your self sound FURTHER arrogant and even FURTHERMORE of an *** now please stop lying b:cute we know that you have died in this game, we know that you have been in squads with other people to complete things, now hush boy and enjoy the game b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Guys, mm2000 is a troll and an idiot who talks a lot but can't actually back it up.

Just ignore its posts and move on.
    edited November 2012
    Oh and also mm2000, I did check your profile, under achievements the max lvl it said you could be is lvl 39 bud, unless that's an alt account, and even if it is, with the amount of posts you have made on your account, with the way you talk, it should be lvl 80+ right now, now stop your fail trolling bud and enjoy the game b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]