DQ Items worthless

Comments

• KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Would it honestly do any good to just moan about it on the forums? Can we do a petition or something to show them our dissatisfaction as PWI players? Something needs to be done about this, we can only tolerate being pushed into the corners of cashshopping for so long. There's gotta be something we can do to actually get pwi's attention and fix this rite? D:

They know we're displeased, so there's no need to cause the mods more work by posting more threads on the issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think they already slap that band-aid on since the Nation War allow lvl 60 to enter
    and one Supply Token can get you One Rap

Which does nothing in terms of profit for the PvE players.
    Would it honestly do any good to just moan about it on the forums? Can we do a petition or something to show them our dissatisfaction as PWI players? Something needs to be done about this, we can only tolerate being pushed into the corners of cashshopping for so long. There's gotta be something we can do to actually get pwi's attention and fix this rite? D:

Petitions have never worked in the past. However, when we came together and raged in one really long thread about something, it sometimes did get results. Like the removal of horns from the boutique, and the compensation for the initial lowering of DQ prices.

This thread has gotten the attention of our CM, and all we can do now is wait and see what comes of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Petitions have never worked in the past. However, when we came together and raged in one really long thread about something, it sometimes did get results. Like the removal of horns from the boutique, and the compensation for the initial lowering of DQ prices.

This thread has gotten the attention of our CM, and all we can do now is wait and see what comes of it.

You're forgetting that it only takes 1 to light the fuse. Took me and all who wanted it long enough, but we got INI editing legalized. (not saying you didn't say that)

Also, I've made a thread listing everything the patch made:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1520851

I'll be letting V4l know about this.
  • lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    fesselelf wrote: »
    I play a Barb on the euopean server Momaganon. When i farm or need to kill mops for a quest, in need a lot of healing pots. Now i can't buy them.
    Goodby PWI - i am looking for another game now.

while waiting for them to fix this.. you can make a Cleric, level it up and do multi client to heal ur Barb..

I do know ur frustration thou, if u don't like to play a Cleric or do multi client.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • purrfectwurld
    purrfectwurld Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Oh...really? o-o
    I haven't played in about 5 months because of problems with my computer and now I'm not even sure if I want to start playing it again .-.
    And I need about 2mil to update my skills and to get the new ones. >__<
    Okay PWE please fix this..error. I hope that the coin rewards from quests really are better. I used to do all of my quests and was still lacking on coins...

sorry for my english.
  • DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just logged in and saw this new development and felt obligated to voice my displeasure as well - "qui tacet consentire" - "silence gives consent" - and I for am certainly not in favor of such a change.

New players are already an extremely rare species but changes like this only further deter new people from trying out this game for more than a few days...just long enough to learn that there are other games available that will demand a lot less of their time and money to play. Is it also a great way to make sure that no one claims the "Refer a Friend" prizes. Who would recommend a game that is so unwelcoming to new players who are just starting out with their first character...unless you secretly hate the person >.>

If this is really about bots, there are better ways of addressing the problem than to penalize the entire community. Unfortunately though, PWI has a long track record of making changes (often under the guise of addressing a problem) with measures that are more about augmenting their profit margin than it is about supporting the community. As the game gets older and older, I believe it is safe to say that we can expect more of the same as the game gets modified in ways that will "encouraging" players to continue spending real life money. In other words, wait a little longer and we will be sure to see more in-game money making options disappear. So, you better make the most of what options you still have while they last.

Seriously, we get it, PWI is a business, what's good for the coffers, is not necessarily going to be good for the community. It is simply up to us in the community to decide for ourselves what type of business model we are going to give our support to: Free-to-Play or Pay-to-Play. Just put this down as yet another lesson learned :/
  • roswald
    roswald Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Everyone needs to just shut the hell up and have some damn patience. Valience already said he is going to talk to the devs so just be patient and wait to see if we hear anything. Raging and bashing does nothing but hurt your cause. The devs are much more likely to be willing to cooperate with people who are behaving civilly than a bunch of whining ***holes raging and insulting people.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    roswald wrote: »
    Everyone needs to just shut the hell up and have some damn patience. Valience already said he is going to talk to the devs so just be patient and wait to see if we hear anything. Raging and bashing does nothing but hurt your cause. The devs are much more likely to be willing to cooperate with people who are behaving civilly than a bunch of whining ***holes raging and insulting people.

You're one to talk.
  • m1234567890
    m1234567890 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    stop botters from collecting dq items, really, i dont see it happening. the dq items needed for quests still have value in cat shops, so botters will continue to collect the dq items to place in cat shops same as always. so reducing the coin value of dq items in general does nothing, only real solution in my mind to stop botters would be to remove dq items from quest collections there by making them worth coin value for grinders or dq value for those who collect dq points. our guild has played games with the botter toons, we drug one from over by silverpool that was botting elements and claws. the plan was to lead it with coin and drops to the closest fb19 and leave it trapped in there. that was untill it got stuck in the terrain; was freakin awsome watchin the toon doin the funky flounder for a couple hours, till the owner of the bot came back and took it back to silver pool.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They should make and enforce different and better security measures to stop people from botting, rather than making every one suffer with their half - assed anti botting features!
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They should make and enforce different and better security measures to stop people from botting, rather than making every one suffer with their half - assed anti botting features!
    Better yet they could just leave this garbage out of our version because we really don't have a botting problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If they wanted to push us to casshop, they woulnd't have buffed quest rewards
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If they wanted to push us to casshop, they woulnd't have buffed quest rewards

Really? because i dont see quest rewards giving enough coin for a lowbie f2p player to buy even the cheapest aerogear or mount... or is there a quest that gives you 4-5 mill im missing?
    edited November 2012
    Really? because i dont see quest rewards giving enough coin for a lowbie f2p player to buy even the cheapest aerogear or mount... or is there a quest that gives you 4-5 mill im missing?

Yeah I don't know wtf he is talking about because I just made a new archer for the hell of it to test these new quests. I got to lvl 23 so far and the quest's aren't giving that much coin at all. Unless he is talking about those blue quest's the summer one's that when you get the words required to turn it in you get 50k coins but that is random and not guarenteed everyday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    roswald wrote: »

Most.Ironic.Post.Ever.

Can't tell if you were purposely trying to be humorously ironic or honestly failed to see the disconnect between what you are trying to achieve and what you actually wrote lol.

As a side post, I have rarely been critical of PWI but the way one facilitates change is to exercise one's voice, especially as this forum is our primary tool for being heard. I try to use it in a respectful manner (unlike your post rowald), though I do occasionally fail when defending people against unnecessarily vile trolls for which I make no apology. And the criticisms that I do make are honestly meant to help promote changes that will foster a strong, active, happy community which I believe is in everyone's best interests, including PWI.
  • Surekill - Heavens Tear
    Surekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Better yet they could just leave this garbage out of our version because we really don't have a botting problem.

as far as i can see i have seen a ton of botters and wish the gm buttom on the game realy did work so we can show them what is happening to our game. i for one have seen them, there is a problem with botter them cheatting sob need to leave this game and stop botting makes it harder on the ppl who are on there pc playing.
    my join date is off by 2 yearsb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
    edited November 2012
    as far as i can see i have seen a ton of botters and wish the gm buttom on the game realy did work so we can show them what is happening to our game. i for one have seen them, there is a problem with botter them cheatting sob need to leave this game and stop botting makes it harder on the ppl who are on there pc playing.

Where do you see the botter's at? I usually farm/grind all the time and I never see them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Where do you see the botter's at? I usually farm/grind all the time and I never see them.

On Sanc I see them all the time in Heaven and Hell. I'll have fun an get on my cleric and go KS all the mobs from the botter.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • thatguy123456
    thatguy123456 Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You'll catch them in heaven and hell... some are there consistently some casually.. but it's pretty easy to catch them... i led one off to some pretty nasty mobs with coin drops.. was funny but ultimately just wasted my time. b:victory b:surrender

I'm sure there are others out there.. but i do agree our bot problem isn't as bad as the videos of the veno hordes you see on other versions.
  • Xdmghyper - Lost City
    Xdmghyper - Lost City Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just charged another $50 to PWI and I hear about this?! NO MORE CASH DONATE TO PWI !!! b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    AliceAdams - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Does Heaven/Hell = Lothranis/Momaganon?

Because I'm in there all the time and there's never anyone there.

Then again, I end up at a lot of different places and never see anyone.

I'm so lonelyb:sad
    I'M 103 YOU STUPID AVATAR!!!
    b:angryf:fume
  • thatguy123456
    thatguy123456 Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I suppose i could post a video of some I've found, but I am not sure i want to be a target... They are definitely out there... and yes Heaven/Hell = Lothranis/Momaganon
    edited November 2012
    Does Heaven/Hell = Lothranis/Momaganon?

Because I'm in there all the time and there's never anyone there.

Then again, I end up at a lot of different places and never see anyone.

I'm so lonelyb:sad
    Yeah I don't ever see anyone else either just people farming herb's. I guess they could be killing different enemies in a different location.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Lucy_a - Sanctuary
    Lucy_a - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The price of the DQ items were reduced on the chinese version because of the botters.
    Remember that the chinese version of PWI has no DQ Rewards system.
    So the people on PWCN can only use DQ's for the Dragon Quests / Bank Quests now.That would make a lot of ppl stop botting...i guess that was their plan.
    We on the other hand have DQ rewards thats why the catshop/ah price of DQ will stay as it is.

Sadly our version also has this change...hopefully not for long.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you for the awesome siggy Silvy <3

// LVL. 8x Mystic // LVL. 8x Cleric // LVL. 8x Veno //

Request a free drawing of your character: The Fanatics Forum>>>Lucy's Sketchbook b:mischievous
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    there's already another thread on this issue, if anyone else wants to add on bout the dq nerf. plz revert to the link below.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1520071
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    can a mod close this plz.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • TexanTank - Raging Tide
    TexanTank - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just charged another $50 to PWI and I hear about this?! NO MORE CASH DONATE TO PWI !!! b:angryb:angryb:angry

I doubt you'll stop charging because of 1 coin dqs.
    b:chuckle
  • nova12346
    nova12346 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

We know you're unhappy with this change, and I'm going to be looking into it.

We'll be speaking with the developers to get more information on the DQ item price decrease.

I'm really sorry about surprising you guys like this, and I'll do my best to keep you better informed in the future.

- Val

Dear Val,

No. Unhappy would have been 1-3 pages of complaints. This is 17 as of today! This is rage filled pissing and moaning hate. As for you looking into it, I hear that line every day at work when we want customers to shut up about it and leave us alone.

I doubt that you even speak directly to the developers. My guess is that you send a company email.... they attempt to translate it.... they look at the rage..... they laugh... they come up with a new way to mess with us as players.... they repeal slightly,then make it worse.

This was a responce to people raging about the reduce through 31. Think about it. They impliment some way for people to have charms for free up to lv 60 or so, then say "well the other drops should be enough to pay for their armor upgrades and repairs." No. We didn't ask for freebies for our lower levels.... not at the cost of our dq....

Now, I'll be honest... I wouldn't be showing general rage towards you, the developers and the game if the drop rate was better than it was. Okay, I may not know much about this game... But on your leading competing games like G.W.2., the drop rate of regular items is much better. I can run through an area and an item equivellent to your two star items will drop every so often for me, and yeah you might be thinking "Well that would ruin the game" but it really doesn't as only the max level items are worth anything if it's atleast the equivellent of a 3 star or better. Because then it can be decomped into an item that's worth the equivellent of 3 mil on here. Now i know your next thought... well what's that item for? Well with like 255 of them you can get your best weapon, but before that they can be used for making armor and weapons that would be equivellent to a Gold Star item or better. Now, one last thing to keep in mind, is that my ability to find those items is brought up by 200 percent, thanks to armor modifications, but on a character that doesn't have that modification, it takes atleast twice or three times what it would for my farming character.

As for you not doing your job, and that's really what it was here. You should be breaking down each updated area into a max of three lines for the idiots who can't understand, and for those who want to know more, you could always post a censored version of the data your recieve on pastebin or something like that.

Just a few thoughts...

Nova12346

P.S.: I know I just joined this game.... but if **** like this continues, I won't be playing.
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    AliceAdams - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    nova12346 wrote: »
    P.S.: I know I just joined this game.... but if **** like this continues, I won't be playing.

Doesn't matter if you just joined, or have been playing for 4 years. As a new player, this effects you the most. It's too difficult to make money in this game as it is. Especially for lowbies.

In other words, your opinion is just as valuable as anyone else's.b:cute
    I'M 103 YOU STUPID AVATAR!!!
    b:angryf:fume
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Doesn't matter if you just joined, or have been playing for 4 years. As a new player, this effects you the most. It's too difficult to make money in this game as it is. Especially for lowbies.

In other words, your opinion is just as valuable as anyone else's.b:cute

Even more so actually!
    Because a lot of the people protesting this are actually over the level to which it is most relevant. Since you're actually experiencing the stupidity, not just seeing how stupid it is, it matters even more to you.
This discussion has been closed.