[Maintenance + Sirens of War Expansion Discussion] 11-13-2012 [COMPLETE]

Options

Comments

• Jitzushi - Sanctuary
    Jitzushi - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Im just wondering, why news in the launcher are in german now?
  • Silok - Lost City
    Silok - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I expect a lot of new topic on forums with name like "Where is SvS?", "Nation Wars isn't Svs?!?!" b:laugh
    Don't tip them off just yet. I'm enjoying the quiet before the QQ storm.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    WOW .... AVG found a virus in the new Patcher.exe ..... I guess Perfect World International is overfor me since I can not run viruses on my computer.
    There is no virus, AVG is getting false positives from the update, like many anti virus's do. I've scanned it twice, and other have checked it too, there's no virus. =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Don't tip them off just yet. I'm enjoying the quiet before the QQ storm.

dun forget the QQ topics about the skill changes and new gears etc b:shutup

better keep quiet indeed b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aleene - Dreamweaver
    Aleene - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

yea, same here b:surrender
  • Reactionist - Dreamweaver
    Reactionist - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    WOW .... AVG found a virus in the new Patcher.exe ..... I guess Perfect World International is overfor me since I can not run viruses on my computer.

Omg the thought of your credit card information being stolen by a company who probably already has it because you've charged zen. b:victory
  • Khallie - Sanctuary
    Khallie - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    45 minutes watching the client update files and all of a sudden it shuts itself down without so much as a wave goodbye!
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    Options
    There is no virus, AVG is getting false positives from the update, like many anti virus's do. I've scanned it twice, and other have checked it too, there's no virus. =P

the only thing my anti virus sounded alarm at pwi was at the website that it blocked an attempt to create a bridge .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

The FIRST good describe...SKILL CHANGES...not rebalance :) so why sage seekers got extra dmg and demons not??? QQ !!! b:laugh

P.S. Going to play Tanki...like 4 more hours till i download the update with my internet :(
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jinxers - Dreamweaver
    Jinxers - Dreamweaver Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Lul.

Someone on my server earlier today was outraged thinking you'd have to relearn every skill again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

AVG found it to be a file and removed it on both of my computers ..... I am not about to run the computer without anti virus to play a game. Either way there is no way to update without patcher.exe. Will have to download whole game and try again if I want to continue.
  • Silok - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. It was English, then I launched it again about 10 minutes later to see German.

I feel sorry for the CM, GMs and Mods for the next few days.
  • SnowVeno - Heavens Tear
    SnowVeno - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Are we there yet? b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Lul.

Someone on my server earlier today was outraged thinking you'd have to relearn every skill again.

that would be a **** for my chars... i got on 4 chars all skills and on the 5th char i got nearly all skills learnd aswell cept the 99+ ones. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    _Shui - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    AVG found it to be a file and removed it on both of my computers ..... I am not about to run the computer without anti virus to play a game. Either way there is no way to update without patcher.exe. Will have to download whole game and try again if I want to continue.

I dont use any anti virus software anymore. They are just annoying and slow down the computer more than a virus would do.
  • MasterofIce - Dreamweaver
    MasterofIce - Dreamweaver Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I dont use any anti virus software anymore. They are just annoying and slow down the computer more than a virus would do.

When you have to reinstall whole comp cuz of a virus you wont have any speedproblems for a while.
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

lol keep talking, you make time pass....
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    When you have to reinstall whole comp cuz of a virus you wont have any speedproblems for a while.

If he/she is using just common sense when browsing the internet, here is really no chance to get infected.
  • Kevinluv - Lost City
    Kevinluv - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    That screen is patcher.exe. Launcher.exe is only used to download new patcher.exe i think. It's kinda confusing b:cry

I'll upload patcher.exe, try to copy it into "X:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\patcher" folder.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/71145886/patcher.zip

found this in a tech support thread. its just the patcher.exe , its legit i used it on mine and it worked =D. No more avg problemm
    Kev In Luv ...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................with ur girlfrand.
    b:cute
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    _Shui - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

Would take less than 30 mins with SSD harddrive for me...
  • Jinxers - Dreamweaver
    Jinxers - Dreamweaver Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
  • Melecha - Dreamweaver
    Melecha - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Skill improvements and quests.
    New PvP stuff isn't too thrilling for me - especially with the time. I'll save my getting up at 2am for TW with my faction tyvm b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silok - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    And we're down to 1 hour left on the wait. Time to pray there are no delays.
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    If he/she is using just common sense when browsing the internet, here is really no chance to get infected.

Common sense ain't all that common. b:laugh

*Yawn*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Enviouz - Lost City
    Enviouz - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options