[Maintenance + Sirens of War Expansion Discussion] 11-13-2012 [COMPLETE]

Options

Comments

• Silok - Lost City
    Silok - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'm liking the look of the new patcher and the new login screen.
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Already posted this in other thread but..
    Maybe the reason is that you maybe downloaded virus (and FAKE) patch posted by another player? Next time I suggest to only download patches that were uploaded (and linked) by MODs or GMs :) Or use autopatcher! <3

If i run the game without any manual download, using autopatcher how can i "download" a not legit patch? and yes my patcher was deletetd by AV...ijs:)
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XEffy - Dreamweaver
    XEffy - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Maybe the reason is that you downloaded the virus (and FAKE) patch posted by another player? Next time I suggest to only download patches that were uploaded (and linked) by MODs or GMs :) Or use autopatcher! <3

I've never had any problems predownloading patches from other players. I even used the link from Asterelle's thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Things are not always how they seem
    Will you be ready?
  • Labells - Dreamweaver
    Labells - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ZOMG the new load & login screens look amazing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tjikkie - Raging Tide
    Tjikkie - Raging Tide Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Maybe the reason is that you downloaded virus (and FAKE) patch posted by another player? Next time I suggest to only download patches that were uploaded (and linked) by MODs or GMs :) Or use autopatcher! <3

I used the autopatcher and AVG gave me a virus warning Trojan Generic30.OOC
  • Enviouz - Lost City
    Enviouz - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ZOMG the new load & login screens look amazing

>.> not even there yet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NanaFoxy - Dreamweaver
    NanaFoxy - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    This is weird. While i made pwi download my antivirus scan popped up, said it contained a trojan. Damn thing deleted the whole game... Anyone else having problems with it?
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'm updated and ready to oggle the shiny new launcher. Used the manual patch posted by Perdon on page 3 of this thread, it's legit.

All kinds of anti-virus tend to freak out during various updates of the game. I've gotten into the habit of just turning off my firewall while updating. And my 7 year old comp is fine. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Eoweniel - Dreamweaver
    Eoweniel - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    okay so I was about to patch the game after the update and I encountered something I've never encountered during my 3 years of playing and patching - Threat detected.

I am using AVG Anti-virus plus firewall and a pop-up message tells me that there was a Trojan horse Generic 30.OOC detected in the patcher.. what the hekk?

anyone else had this problem? I'll post a link with the print screen I took.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/2207/namnlsav.png
  • XEffy - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    >.> not even there yet

Here it is =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Will you be ready?
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    If i run the game without any manual download, using autopatcher how can i "download" a not legit patch? and yes my patcher was deletetd by AV...ijs:)

PWI's secret virus attempt, they're trying to take over the world.
  • BlackRapture - Raging Tide
    BlackRapture - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Not a complaint, merely a suggestion o.o But if you wanna complain about my suggestion, I see your theory xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...when things collapse around you...
    ...they are merely falling into place...
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Ok im confused b:surrender is this the Expansion update or just a maint like prapairing the expansion? maint started 13th...the expansion shall come 14th...it takes too long for me to update..I WANT TO PLAY !!!b:surrender
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XEffy - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    PWI's secret virus attempt, they're trying to take over the world.

b:shocked OMG everybody freak out!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Will you be ready?
  • Mairwen - Archosaur
    Mairwen - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    my antivirus automatically deleted the dll file

which really ticks me off... i seriously have to reinstall the whole damn thing because of this. that's just stupid. and this was the first time in like 8 mo I've ever seen that.
  • zoube
    zoube Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    dunno if it's the same problem but I already have seen virus or trojan issue with perfect world client. but it was a false positive.
  • XEffy - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Ok im confused b:surrender is this the Expansion update or just a maint like prapairing the expansion? maint started 13th...the expansion shall come 14th...it takes too long for me to update..I WANT TO PLAY !!!b:surrender

This maint is the expansion update ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Will you be ready?
  • Labells - Dreamweaver
    Labells - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    jueves
    ITT: People butthurt about PWI's secret virus attempt.
    okay so I was about to patch the game after the update and I encountered something I've never encountered during my 3 years of playing and patching - Threat detected.

I am using AVG Anti-virus plus firewall and a pop-up message tells me that there was a Trojan horse Generic 30.OOC detected in the patcher.. what the hekk?

anyone else had this problem? I'll post a link with the print screen I took.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/2207/namnlsav.png

Sounds like an AVG issue I'm running Anti Spam / Anti Virus / Anti Trojan (actually my firewalls etc are pretty much against me doing most things) and they had no problem with the patch.

*Sits in walled stronghold of computer safety and drools at login screen* b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silok - Lost City
    Silok - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ITT: People who don't remember the days where you were always advised to disable antivirus before updating certain software (especially games) to prevent false positives like what AVG/McAfee/Norton are notorious for doing.
  • shinigamedk3
    shinigamedk3 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    in the new update the sins will be a litle more easy to kill ??? i have when those sins afraid 1v1 just stealth and triple spark
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Sounds like an AVG issue I'm running Anti Spam / Anti Virus / Anti Trojan (actually my firewalls etc are pretty much against me doing most things) and they had no problem with the patch.

*Sits in walled stronghold of computer safety and drools at login screen* b:dirty

AVG is paranoid. I updated my client like 7 hours ago, decided I'd give this update a play since I'm bored and have nothing else to really do with my time. I have to admit, the login screen screams beastly. I approve. However, I wonder if the content will be interesting, so far nothing they've ever done has made the game any fun, it was all just more grind or new classes with no real changes to content. I guess time will tell.

Someone give me a cookie, I'm starving.
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Hi everyone, we're experiencing issues with our website. If you're looking to download the manual patches to update to Sirens of War expansion content, please use the following links:

Full:
    http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual//ec_patch_658-676.cup

Incremental:
    http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual//ec_patch_670-676.cup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • PVM_only - Sanctuary
    PVM_only - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    AVG is paranoid.

quick fix

eat COOCKIES

nahh jk.. i did manual and all worked fine no issues and no virus flags
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    What new content could one experience immediately upon logging in the game? I wish to do something new.
  • NanaFoxy - Dreamweaver
    NanaFoxy - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'm downloading the whole game again now and turned the firewall off. Hope it works. Takes 4 hours to download. Stupid AVG!
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    genotypist wrote: »
    Hi everyone, we're experiencing issues with our website. If you're looking to download the manual patches to update to Sirens of War expansion content, please use the following links:

Full:
    http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual//ec_patch_658-676.cup

Incremental:
    http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual//ec_patch_670-676.cup
    b:chuckle Those links are going to get lost in the thread. I'd better save this quote. b:victory ty Geno
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
  • Hairymanny - Sanctuary
    Hairymanny - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    PWI SERVER STATUS is all Onlineb:laugh
  • PVM_only - Sanctuary
    PVM_only - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    b:chuckle Those links are going to get lost in the thread. I'd better save this quote. b:victory ty Geno

its on the second post on the thread too so wont be lost
  • XEffy - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    PWI SERVER STATUS is all Onlineb:laugh

Yeah, but that page never works b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Will you be ready?
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    <.< And yet there will still be people that miss them. I guarantee it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]