[Maintenance + Sirens of War Expansion Discussion] 11-13-2012 [COMPLETE]

Options

Comments

• Ajaa - Heavens Tear
    Ajaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

Server Status are completely wrong atm i guess they forgot to change it in the site, and maintenance is still UP.

Thank you for clearing that up. I'll stop looking at the status page now.
  • Enviouz - Lost City
    Enviouz - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Thank you for clearing that up. I'll stop looking at the status page now.

/facepalm!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_Buffs - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Buffs - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    v4liance wrote: »
    Tonight's maintenance question:

What part of the new expansion are you most looking forward to?

Thanks!

- The PWI Team

I look forward to having an updated new wad of glitches.
  • Ogedei - Dreamweaver
    Ogedei - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Aaah, the lovely skills! Hoping for an upgraded blood vow!
  • MadUnicorn - Raging Tide
    MadUnicorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It'll be interesting to see the skill rebalances and whether something like dot skills will actually be useful in say a boss fight. My guess is they'll still be pretty useless compared to direct damage skills, but maybe they'll be more effective as finishers now (in PvE).

Since I have four charas in 60s, the new quests might be worth looking into, but I'm not holding my breath.

I hope nothing goes wrong with the update, but seeing as regular patches run late more often than not, I won't be too surprised if the four hours turns into six or something.

And lol, the forum says I can't post new topics even though this acco is over a year old. Just changed my ava, maybe that's the reason.
  • Shaylamis - Raging Tide
    Shaylamis - Raging Tide Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
  • Berserker_ - Dreamweaver
    Berserker_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    [SIGPIC]www.spades.tw[/SIGPIC]
    b:cute
  • iexze
    iexze Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I wonder if they will release a mini patch with a new launcher? As it's still decent ^.^
    edited November 2012
    Options
    jueves

nope, its just miercoles
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    <_< I wish people would learn not to trust the server status page.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The server status page on the website never updates.
    Ever.
    Don't even bother with it, seriousily. xD And if servers were already back up, seeing how many already existing things(skills) are being changed, I'd deskface so hard I wouldn'- I don't even know~...

And I agree so, so so much with the veno pet revamp comments; 'specially since I don't need one to tank for me, I seriousily just use them to put debuffs on stuff and could unsummon them directily afterwords and notice almost no difference at all(from their damage not being there). (But I /do/ notice I don't have to waste my time keeping them alive from an AoE that bareily scratches me at all in the case of boss fights :D) As a veno which is supposed to be the pet class, I shouldn't have even been able to formulate such a hate relationship with them...
    I don't mind having different pets for different terrians(otherwise: turtle water pet tanking stuff on land? Total pro defence B| Who needs hercs, ever. xD! Well the basic point got across I think.), but especially after leveling a mystic some... yeah, having to use hours and hours of wanting to just fall over and whatever to level pets(which I have such a hate relationship with anyway) sucks. Really really bad. And once again since the pets aren't really noteworthy it feels like they're wasting my time :x Shouldn't be able to feel like that.

Euhhhhm aside from that, yeah, looking forward to skill power increases for veno a bunch (and the four second stun~! <3) and the feral being FF and allll that~... (and cleric skills and bmys look like they'll be happier and generally, yeah, skills.)
    (They should fix swimming mastery while they're at it <.< >.> It's a racial skill, come on.)
    and going and fighting the lag to snoop at the new rank nine armour/tome forges xD! Not that I could actually get any of the armours that cost eum the same as a house...
    I'm not really anything for the 20vs20svs thing, but I'm hoping that if they're at the same time as tw, it'll end up that the not-tw-geared people can enjoy it more, since the tw-people will be busy in, well, tw.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Labells - Dreamweaver
    Labells - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    *wanders in to Maintenance thread with a pack of cookies*

how we all doing <insert time of day here>?

Best thing about patch ... new questies ... If 102's can't do them b:angry I'm going to be a very cranky wizzy (I don't care if their below my level I am addicted to questing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I hope this expansion doesn't take long.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

(They should fix swimming mastery while they're at it <.< >.> It's a racial skill, come on.)
    and going and fighting the lag to snoop at the new rank nine armour/tome forges xD! Not that I could actually get any of the armours that cost eum the same as a house...
    I'm not really anything for the 20vs20svs thing, but I'm hoping that if they're at the same time as tw, it'll end up that the not-tw-geared people can enjoy it more, since the tw-people will be busy in, well, tw.

...should fix swimming mastery while they're at it <.< >.> It's a racial skill, come on...

-fix swimming mastery-

All my yes!! b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • iexze
    iexze Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Oooo damn spoke to soon new patcher looks sweet. AVG now picking up patcher as a virus haha dumb AVG >.>
  • Mairwen - Archosaur
    Mairwen - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Whenever i try launching the patcher i get an error

"this application has failed to start because PackDLL.dll was not found."

and it suggests i reinstall the whole flipping thing to fix it. I had no issue with this ever happening until the update today.

wth ?
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Coffeeb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Whenever i try launching the patcher i get an error

"this application has failed to start because PackDLL.dll was not found."

and it suggests i reinstall the whole flipping thing to fix it. I had no issue with this ever happening until the update today.

wth ?

just tried to download only that dll ?
  • _Shaleena_ - Dreamweaver
    _Shaleena_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Told me it had a trojan and then deleted the file so now i have to redownload the entire client...way to go pwi...now i have t9o wait 12 hours to get back on game...AT LEAST
  • Enviouz - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    rdy? ;o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlackRapture - Raging Tide
    BlackRapture - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Here's a thought o.o How about next time you guise release a major update, try giving all the old classes new skill animations? Compared to the TB and EG skills, ours look dated. I often expect spiderwebs from casting Venomous Scarab xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...when things collapse around you...
    ...they are merely falling into place...
  • Chizzy - Lost City
    Chizzy - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Told me it had a trojan and then deleted the file so now i have to redownload the entire client...way to go pwi...now i have t9o wait 12 hours to get back on game...AT LEAST

Same here WTF PWI!!! This is total BS!!!
  • XXLunnaXx - Heavens Tear
    XXLunnaXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Same thing! What the heck!?
  • Berserker_ - Dreamweaver
    Berserker_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    updated just fine o.o
    [SIGPIC]www.spades.tw[/SIGPIC]
    b:cute
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    iexze wrote: »
    Oooo damn spoke to soon new patcher looks sweet. AVG now picking up patcher as a virus haha dumb AVG >.>
    I can confirm this, the patcher was deleted by AVG(Trojan Horse: Generic30.OOC), i had a backup of my game so i copied the ptacher back to install dir and now the update is working. It takes too long for usual update...i hope its not updating the Siren...b:laughb:shocked
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Enviouz - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Well, mine seems to be updating with no issues... Did you run the auto update?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XEffy - Dreamweaver
    XEffy - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Oh, the new patcher is really pretty. b:cute
    And so many complaints o.o

Here's a thought o.o How about next time you guise release a major update, try giving all the old classes new skill animations? Compared to the TB and EG skills, ours look dated. I often expect spiderwebs from casting Venomous Scarab xD
    I kind of don't mind if they ever update the old animations or not. I doubt they ever will though~

And everything updated just fine here. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Things are not always how they seem
    Will you be ready?
  • Snowycookie - Sanctuary
    Snowycookie - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Already posted this in other thread but..
    Maybe the reason is that you downloaded virus (and FAKE) patch posted by another player? Next time I suggest to only download patches that were uploaded (and linked) by MODs or GMs :) Or use autopatcher! <3
  • Enviouz - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    My 'please wait' bar is going mental >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ITT: People butthurt about PWI's secret virus attempt.