Can we get a fix on the damn memory leak?

2»

Comments

• OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    the only place the game crashes on me at times is when i tele totideborn disney land.Sometimes tellus the game will crash as well.

Tell me..why in the hell do the tideborn have a stupid space ship,

And move the stupid o;d man from tide city.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • _Truffle_ - Dreamweaver
    _Truffle_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If the client does'nt crash upon teleporting to Tellus or West City, then something is wrong :P.

Thats so sad b:surrender
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Tell me..why in the hell do the tideborn have a stupid space ship,

If you'd read the quest texts...

M2nLi.jpg
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    There has been a Memory Leakage in this game from a long time and slows down my p.c too if i'm playing pwi for long time like more then 1 hr , so denying it would be a complete lie. Let's hope it get fixed soon....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Melora - Lost City
    Melora - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This is what [almost] all Alienware laptop users have a problem with, the Intel integrated portion taking over when it shouldn't. It will not be fixed by alienware, it's a feature of NVIDIA (Known as Optimus.) Only way you can have a permanent solution is to not buy a laptop with Optimus in the first place, or without an integrated non-dedicated card alongside a dedicated card.

AMD APUs should be avoided for this reason as well if possible.

That's... No...

Optimus is just fine if you aren't a moron... Add elementclient.exe to the driver config and boom, it'll always run on the dedicated one... (aka the permanent solution).

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1178264/optimus.png

(Yes I know it says ZX2, but it applies to all elementclient.exes, JD just happens to be the one that shows up...)

AMD is even simpler as you manually have to manually tell it to switch to integrated or dedicated for everything...

Alienwares are overpriced anyway, Get a Sager instead, better prices and none of the flashy ****.

Edit: I should also mention that Angelica is such a piece of **** engine that the performance between the Intel HD4000 (on the i7-3610qm anyway) and a Nvidia 650m is incredibly negligible. The GPU usage on the Intel one can end up maxing it out but Angelica refuses to use more than 40 to 50ish% of my 650m... and in west arch it is even more funny. GPU usage is down to an amazing 10% while getting like 8 fps...

GPU usage should go up in order to increase FPS, but nope, Angelica is ****.
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    GPU usage should go up in order to increase FPS, but nope, Angelica is ****.
    That's because it's still designed to use the CPU, not the GPU. Got to remember, this engine was designed before we had GPU's handling the display workloads. Until they either completely re-design the engine, or port the client to a new one, you won't see this change.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • Melora - Lost City
    Melora - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    That's because it's still designed to use the CPU, not the GPU. Got to remember, this engine was designed before we had GPU's handling the display workloads. Until they either completely re-design the engine, or port the client to a new one, you won't see this change.

CPU usage is also next to nothing... the i7-3610qm can fly through everything damn near everything...

Hell it even performs better than an i5-2500k it is that good of a CPU. Yet in taskmgr? Angelica is using a at most 10% of it... Even in west arch.... I was sitting there to see if the person claiming the memory leak was full of **** or not (it went up to 1.5gb and then just sat there) and CPU was super stable at 50-60% of one core at most...

So it isn't a lack of CPU or GPU, it's just that Angelica is a steaming pile of **** engine... If Wanmei had any sense they'd use one that doesn't shoot flames in every direction it goes...