It actually is easy

Options

Comments

• BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    The scarlet fruits alone from quest rewards in lvs.1-60 are like 1,5M ish for all
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    And yet... what OP did is the exact opposite of efficient. Your statement about solo ability is false as it's also much easier for a veno to heal a tank pet than an assassin to solo with the same resource investment at that point in time. You do not need to invest in more than heal and a NPC weapon to be a **** veno that can still get by. Meanwhile, even a **** sin will need semi-decent armor, weapons, and skills to survive at the lower levels or they will simply die. You don't need a tome as water from the pet manager is beyond cheap and legendary pets are actually looked at less nowadays, not that they're even relevant to this topic.

If this were a thread that wasn't about the horribly bad way of doing things OP mentioned, sure. I'd gladly agree that n up-to-date veno and sin early on are similar but Sin gives greater benefits later. However, that's not the case.

... And really pet levels are nonfactor if you're doing your quests and don't have a large deal of pets. I had a maxed pet bag on my veno since level 1 and had it filled by my 30s. Yet the only pet that concerned me prior to the massive jump at higher levels was my turtle. And this was without using room 4 for fast and easy pet levels.

Dude, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Edit; I had written a more thorough reply but the text got chopped off for some reason (I guess I accidentally used an accent instead of an apostrophe and the xenophobic forum programming cut me off) as I do have stuff to do guess i'll have to leave it at that until I find time to rewrite my response...
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    So, it took you 3 months to make roughly $4 worth of coin. b:question

b:victory

b:laughb:chuckle

i rather be a mystic.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Dude, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Edit; I had written a more thorough reply but the text got chopped off for some reason (I guess I accidentally used an accent instead of an apostrophe and the xenophobic forum programming cut me off) as I do have stuff to do guess i'll have to leave it at that until I find time to rewrite my response...

Fair enough, though I think we're also arguing on different subjects. I do agree with what you say when we start talking about investing in the characters, being efficient, and so on different(outside of the pet level thing but that's personal experiences and opinions and I know for the majority your side would be far more accurate than my experience). However, I have tried a minimal investment style on both my veno and sin on the EU servers... and it sucked a LOT more on the sin that burned pots and life powders, got smacked around by everything and so on for quite some time compared to the veno that could... heal a walker once or twice, then meditate during fights while the pet did the work.

That only applied to normal grinding and I hated both enough to scrap them and decide I'd never try that again, though.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    if you go full AA, you're not playing the class right. It's not meant to be a nuking class.

... /facepaw. Not gonna say any more.

And no offense OP, but even delivering newspapers would make more money than this long and inefficient way. Hell, I make more money going to school. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    ... /facepaw. ...

And no offense OP, but even delivering newspapers would make more money than this long and inefficient way. Hell, I make more money going to school. b:surrender

Agree with it.
  • tripletriad
    tripletriad Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    This is bull. Even conceding higher operational costs you can't even begin to compare the return on investment you get with a sin. Soloing FCC to sell the xp room and facerolling TT are just the begining. Oh, and it's the one class that can afford to PK investing on wep only since all you'll be doing is gank from stealth anyway...

Seriously, as much as I disagree with the OP, Sin is the one class thats gotta eat a lot of crow before accusing anyone else of having it "easy"...

What i'm trying to say is that I've tried a similar thing as OP did.. but I did it on my sin and it's my main char, and that two things make a big difference in the result..

Why ppl always take a jump into end-game? I make my sin 1 year ago, and now it's still 61.. All my time with PWI I spent with low to mid lvl toons, tried sin, wiz, barb, cleric, archer, and seeker.. And sin is one of the worst performer amongst all, in low to mid lvl range that is..

ofc I think venos in my level range having it "easy", I always think like that..
    How come playing low level squishy class that are forced to tank the mobs all the time is easier / cheaper than playing veno?
    I play sin because I know it will be good at higher level, but it doesn't mean they're already good from the start..
    I know some ppl said that playing sins is too easy like playing baby difficulty.. But you gotta realize that it will become too easy only if you skip the long process, and take a jump straight to the end-game..
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    Iyania - Heavens Tear Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    What i'm trying to say is that I've tried a similar thing as OP did.. but I did it on my sin and it's my main char, and that two things make a big difference in the result..

Why ppl always take a jump into end-game? I make my sin 1 year ago, and now it's still 61.. All my time with PWI I spent with low to mid lvl toons, tried sin, wiz, barb, cleric, archer, and seeker.. And sin is one of the worst performer amongst all, in low to mid lvl range that is..

ofc I think venos in my level range having it "easy", I always think like that..
    How come playing low level squishy class that are forced to tank the mobs all the time is easier / cheaper than playing veno?
    I play sin because I know it will be good at higher level, but it doesn't mean they're already good from the start..
    I know some ppl said that playing sins is too easy like playing baby difficulty.. But you gotta realize that it will become too easy only if you skip the long process, and take a jump straight to the end-game..
    This would have been a good post if we ignore the fact that leveling is really fast and easy.

No I'm not talking about power leveling by buying FF runs or anything.

It's ridiculously easy to level these days with amount of dailies around. When you hit the level, public FF runs give even more exp (people DO run regular FFs without buying them off end-geared players you know).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anatidaephobia - The Fear That You are Being Watched by a Duck
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Most people bashing the OP's post, did you miss the point of the post?

S/he farmed 6m. 6m is more than enough to start any merchanting enterprise, that is what the OP was hinting at. My merchanting enterprise began with 100k.

To me, OP's way meant, get some money and start merchanting while you play with your main/other character. People are getting into nitty, gritty off topic things. People can collect bottles, deliver newspapers, but can you honestly earn 6~15 billion coins ever 3~4 months? Or invest that amount of real cash in this game? That is what merchanting is about. Everyone starts small, OP just showed one example of getting the starter money without paying real cash to build more money later.
  • XLeeu - Heavens Tear
    XLeeu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

S/he farmed 6m. 6m is more than enough to start any merchanting enterprise, that is what the OP was hinting at. My merchanting enterprise began with 100k.

To me, OP's way meant, get some money and start merchanting while you play with your main/other character. People are getting into nitty, gritty off topic things. People can collect bottles, deliver newspapers, but can you honestly earn 6~15 billion coins ever 3~4 months? Or invest that amount of real cash in this game? That is what merchanting is about. Everyone starts small, OP just showed one example of getting the starter money without paying real cash to build more money later.

THIS

I think most of you missed the intent of the post.

It was a way to show that you can make money in game without spending real money.

Yes I know you all bashing me cause I chose a Veno....but that is a class you can coose !! YES it will be more difficult with some other classes I AGREE.

The the person that asked me what my secret on inventory was -- Umm read the post - I said that I had to go to town quite often to sell - I did not keep anything cause I wanted to see how much i can make.

I did NOT play the char during 2x for the simple reason that it would be misleading. So during 2x you can actually make more money.

Look - Point of fact - As a VENO you can make money to start a merchanting business without cash shopping. THATS the point, not all these other nitty gritty stuff you all going on about.

A lot of people complain the game is dead.....when was the last time you picked a new toon and decided to play the "right" way.

- No powerlevel
    - No Cash shop
    - ALL quests

I was actually quite fun - b:laugh

Anyway - I guess not a lot of people on here would understand that, and would rather bash a post, than give positive comments on it....no wonder so many QQ'ers....

X
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tried to sleep last night when my A.D.D kicked in :
    1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, cow, donkey, pig, Old McDonald had a farm YEAH.... Macarena !
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

OP showed one example of how wasting your time gives you almost nothing.

They could probably get more money just from recycling all the old coke cans stacked around, on top, over and under their computer.

b:chuckle
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • XLeeu - Heavens Tear
    XLeeu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    OP showed one example of how wasting your time gives you almost nothing.

They could probably get more money just from recycling all the old coke cans stacked around, on top, over and under their computer.

How ignorant must you be to think that making money is that easy in EVRY country in the world?

I'm sorry for saying that, but think a bit bigger. Let me give you an example

I live in South Africa the exchange rate is currently $1 for R8.57
    That means we pay 8 times more for Zen..... we do NOT have the privilage of returing cans like you, and if we do sell cans as scrap metal they pay around R0.12 for every 2KG of cans.

That means 200KG of cans can buy me $1.20.... really ?

O BTW - For you it might be nothing casue you high level etc - Maybe you cash shop -- Just saying think about wider player comunity than just your own back yard.

Once again you missed the point....

But thank for your input

X
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tried to sleep last night when my A.D.D kicked in :
    1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, cow, donkey, pig, Old McDonald had a farm YEAH.... Macarena !
  • ObamaCare - Lost City
    ObamaCare - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    THIS

It was a way to show that you can make money in game without spending real money.

Yes I know you all bashing me cause I chose a Veno....but that is a class you can coose !! YES it will be more difficult with some other classes I AGREE.

The the person that asked me what my secret on inventory was -- Umm read the post - I said that I had to go to town quite often to sell - I did not keep anything cause I wanted to see how much i can make.

I did NOT play the char during 2x for the simple reason that it would be misleading. So during 2x you can actually make more money.

Look - Point of fact - As a VENO you can make money to start a merchanting business without cash shopping. THATS the point, not all these other nitty gritty stuff you all going on about.

A lot of people complain the game is dead.....when was the last time you picked a new toon and decided to play the "right" way.

- No powerlevel
    - No Cash shop
    - ALL quests

Anyway - I guess not a lot of people on here would understand that, and would rather bash a post, than give positive comments on it....no wonder so many QQ'ers....

X
    Yeah thats how it is around here all QQ and when u try to help out.........even more QQ. Just goes to show that it isn't really the game or the people that run it that make things seem so bad but just the miserable player base that just throw down n talk down everything people try to do to make things better......even though there not much to fix if u know what i mean.

Even if perfect world was flawless there would still be QQ........miserable humans are miserable, nice post btw manb:victory
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    THIS

- No powerlevel
    - No Cash shop
    - ALL quests

X

Marry me b:dirty

THIS is the best post i've seen on this thread :O and I would have to agree, nobody I see ever quests or is a non-pleveler... I have tried to complete every quest I can (nearly have 50 fodders of hay for 'The Punishment' quests.. from about 20-30 levels ago D:), and when my quest list is empty, THEN I go and FC.

I fly and explore the world, take screenshots, actually LEARN about how to play my class as I play the game. And at the same time, sell all drops I can. I have a few million spare from this im saving for other things, like a new pair of wings.

I feel like a hipster, because apparantly now Questing and 'playing the game properly' isn't mainstream..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    It's just amazing how people can take a little bit of common sense and twist it so far out of reality.

For the OP, thank you.
    For the others, get a grip on reality.

The main point to making money in-game is making a profit. Find something to buy at a low price and then sell it for more. It could be just about anything, but make sure it's something people will want to buy. (Chi stones, CS shards, cannies, rep, tomes, charms, ect.) The list is so big, it would be silly to sit and list it all.

Every couple of weeks, someone comes along and says, "how do I merchant?" or, "how do I make money?".
    The OP's post put it into a very simple perspective. (3 months is a bit long though, I can start a veno and have her to level 30 with a mil or so in just a day or two.)
    It answers the very simple question of "How do I make coin?"

The answer could be made even simpler, "By farming it and not spending it."

OP just gives a nice, easy, and simple guide on how to do this so that you can get some coin to begin merchanting. Farming is not a waste of time unless you spend countless hours not profiting from it.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
    edited October 2012
    Options
    The main point to making money in-game is making a profit.

Farming is not a waste of time unless you spend countless hours not profiting from it.

If it takes you more time to make money in-game than it does IRL, then it IS a waste of time AND money.

Seriously, am I arguing with children who have no concept of this?

• Smarie - Sanctuary
    Smarie - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    If it takes you more time to make money in-game than it does IRL, then it IS a waste of time AND money.

You missed a post....
    How ignorant must you be to think that making money is that easy in EVRY country in the world?

I'm sorry for saying that, but think a bit bigger. Let me give you an example

That means we pay 8 times more for Zen..... we do NOT have the privilage of returing cans like you, and if we do sell cans as scrap metal they pay around R0.12 for every 2KG of cans.

That means 200KG of cans can buy me $1.20.... really ?

O BTW - For you it might be nothing casue you high level etc - Maybe you cash shop -- Just saying think about wider player comunity than just your own back yard.

Once again you missed the point....

But thank for your input

X
    It's easier to spend some time farming that to waste your hard earned cash on a **** exchange rate.
    edited October 2012
    Options
    You missed a post....

It's easier to spend some time farming that to waste your hard earned cash on a **** exchange rate.

/facepalm

Yeah, if they can afford internet access, they can surely afford to spend $10 on a silly game instead of playing part time for 3 months.

Oh, but I guess I am arguing with children. I'm sure in SA you can find a job that pays more than 10 cents an hour.

xP
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    That means we pay 8 times more for Zen.....

I think my econ degree just roll over and died after reading that...
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
    edited October 2012
    Options

This whole thread makes my head spin.

When gold was at 80-100k, yeah, you could farm or grind more coin at better than slave labor rates. With gold at 1.6m you're better off walking dogs for a buck each or digging trenches for $10 a day.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

Any game is a waste of time and money. What do you think that people should be taking out second jobs to fund their gaming habits? Not everyone lives in the same part of the world as you do. For them, the exchange rate may be too high to be worth it. Maybe the person is already working two jobs and barely making ends meet. They shouldn't work additionally to fund their gaming habit, they should limit their amusement time to maybe like an hour a day for their own sanity's sake. In that case farming would also be a better option.

The point being you DON'T know what a person's situation is, and telling them to just go collect bottles or work harder ....assumes a lot. I don't know your situation, so I don't know. Maybe you're privileged and don't know any better. Maybe you're oblivious or think the whole world works the way yours does. Maybe you just accidentally put your foot in your mouth. Maybe you are just trolling. Maybe you just aren't aware that people from all over the world play this game, and not just the rich. Maybe you don't understand why some people might actually like merchanting and farming. I don't know. But whatever your deal is, stop posting like your situation is the only one in the world and telling people what they should be doing in real life. Because you have NO clue what they should be doing in real life and whether or not farming or cash shopping is a better option for them.

Take the South African gentleman/ladies' post there. With those kind of exchange rates, it's little wonder he/she would rather farm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Quuenia - Heavens Tear
    Quuenia - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    This whole thread makes my head spin.

When gold was at 80-100k, yeah, you could farm or grind more coin at better than slave labor rates. With gold at 1.6m you're better off walking dogs for a buck each or digging trenches for $10 a day.

It's funny to use the word "slave" when you have ...that nickname...it's pretty childish lol. No we are not slaves but what do you now.

My little story is similar in a way and worse in the other.

PWI exchange rate is the USD..let's call it "Unit A". My money, that i earn by working full time 6 days a week would be "unit B". In my country, Unit A= ~40Unit B. Yes, FORTY. sooo for me A= B*40

I go to work and i earn 3000 B's. You (ok, your mother for the kids that troll here) go to work and you earn 3000 A's.

Now please tell me, when i buy Zen i "feel" the price Identical with you? Instead of 20 bucks i actually have to pay 20X40 according to MY "buying power". So -ghasp- i'm a lot more productive if i just grind and merchant for that new pair of wings than to pay for it.

I did pay for some things, but as much as i want...that can't happen too often. I only admit a single fact; there are a lot more "accesible" games on the market than PWI, this one being one of the most restrictive (VERY expensive items...EXTREMELY low buying power -what's 6 mil after all when a pixel shoe costs as much-...a very GREEDY company that ruins the economy over and over again etc)

So dear OP,you should ignore some random trolling elements here and expand your little test, if you have time, and tell us your income after you merchant for a little while. I'd be curious about your experience with what sells faster, easier, what mats...(2* crafted weapons were/are a great income for me)...if it's better to use the AH or the shop...etc ...
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    Iyania - Heavens Tear Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

Why are you posting from that account?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anatidaephobia - The Fear That You are Being Watched by a Duck
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

This is a game to play to have fun. lol
    If you care so much about money you should stop play and go make money irl.
    PWI is a game not a second real life where it's more important to make money than play.
    I know some people that have catshop 24/7, but log 1-2 times a week 2-3 hours for play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Any game is a waste of time and money.

Wow, all you people are nut jobs. Of course a game is a waste of time and money.

This thread is about people who complain about being able to make money in game, showing them that it's possible to earn enough coin to start merchanting.

If coin/money in-game is a big concern of yours, as it would be for the people the OP is targeting, you're better off working in real life than complaining about how you can't make money in-game on some forum.

Seriously... why do I need to point this obvious **** out?

What do you think that people should be taking out second jobs to fund their gaming habits? Not everyone lives in the same part of the world as you do. For them, the exchange rate may be too high to be worth it.

Yeah, so playing the game so you can make coin in-game is the better alternative.

Yeah, if you were playing in 2008 or 2009 you would absolutely be correct. However it's 2012 and the in-game economy is not the same.

Derp.

If you want to play the game and work for it, that's fine. The better alternative for at least that last two years, since PWE changed the game from work to win to pay to win, is to work for real money and cash shop.

Seriously, you all should know this by now.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

It all depends on your real life circumstances and what you want to do in the game. Just because you repeat yourself over and over doesn't mean that there aren't plenty of us who are enjoying the game free to play, and that there aren't people who are successful at it. You can call people nutjobs because they don't agree with you all you want. Doesn't change facts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    If you want to play the game and work for it, that's fine. The better alternative for at least that last two years, since PWE changed the game from work to win to pay to win, is to work for real money and cash shop.
    It really depends on the given person's income level. I personally have no problem farming for something that'll yield say half of my real life income with similar time investment... simply because my real job actually requires higher brain function and pwi doesn't.

ex. I used to wake up for 1-2 hours every night of the week for 2-3 months straight farming world bosses, as the drops had a market value of 50-100 gold per day. I know some people do, but back in 08 I dont make 100/hour from my job. so farming is a thing for me. even today, i won't have a problem farming for something that'll yield me 100 gold/hour.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

Let's put that econ degree to work here.

Humans are lazy, they prefer leisure over work, basic premise. If given the option of living like a king with no work, will you take it? If the majority of humanity says no, i will accept your no, otherwise the premise stands :P.

We work. There are limited numbers of hours in a day, 24 hours, on earth in this reality. I am sure there are example of longer shorter days, so be it.

In those 24 hours you have to sleep. Let's call that S. Waking hours are 24hour - S = W (waking hours). Voilla S+W = 24, nifty math b:victory.

So we only have W left to enjoy life.

To enjoy things we need to sustain our life and maybe purchase some things to make life better.

That means i am willing to give up some of free time to work so i can enjoy a better life.

Now the hazy part, our preferences, different people different cases. We'll assume strictly convex indifference curves to make life easy. You don't want me to give you an equation for that, trust me b:cute.

Indifference curve simply means, a set of combinations in your W where you work for some hours and enjoy the other hours. Let's call work hours = H (short for horror), and leisure time = L. W = H+L. That means L = 24 - S - H. Simple so far?

Now a person is comfortable in their current set of H and L. To make a person give up L, you have to give them compensation, because since we are lazy folks, we would rather not work. Different people will want different compensation levels, but for most part is an upward sloping curve and bends back after a point. Like an opposite C. That means if i have to give an extra hour of work, i need more money. If i have to give up 6 additional hours of leisure every day from my normal leisure hours, i may not take the job because i demand a very high compensation for my leisure time lost. That is why the CEO's are paid millions, they play golf during work, drink at lunch, while you slave away at the office. To make those CEO's work more, they need the big bucks, that is why the curve bends backwards after a point.

Whew, basic ground work done, and i am sure most of the people will never read this, but that's ok, i can simply quote this post over and over again, makes my life easier b:chuckle.

Now the OP has some L. S/he plays this game and treats it as a leisure activity. In what universe will someone advise the OP to give up that L and put in more H, to enjoy an activity that s/he already enjoys for some P hours? By taking more H, the OP has fewer hours to play the game, making the OP worse off, unless the job pays really well and the OP's indifference curve reflects that based on the constraints that s/he has.

That is akin to saying, you have 5 hours of free time everyday, to enjoy those free hours more, you need to work for 4 of those hours, leaving you with 1 hour? Under some circumstances people do it, especially if the compensation is good. But why should a person give up more leisure time to have leisure time? That does not make sense. No where did the OP mention the gear or goals, OP only said how s/he (tell me if you are a guy or a girl so i can stop writing s/he b:cry all the time) made money to start a merchanting enterprise.

If the response is that more work = more money = more enjoyment in game, yes holds true, but is also means less playing time, and this is what this game is, a fun game. If this game was work, i don't see a monetary or monetary equivalent compensation to the players. Not everyone wants to be 101, r9+12 josd in 1 month and be facerolling a keyboard. Some people play this game to have fun, and don't need to invest real hard earned money for a game.

I have nothing for or against people who spend on the money on the game, everyone is free to do what they want with their money. But to tell another player to get another job so s/he can enjoy the game more, that is wrong and the reason for this long post.

Take a look at world economies, read the journal papers on economic disparities, the world is a frightening place. Having internet is a blessing, spending 10 dollars extra on a game is not an option for a vast majority of this world (I can make that claim because 10 dolalrs converted in other currency = rich folks b:cute). Take an example i am working on, i pay for a branded t-shirt that is 50 cents to 2 dollars. That same t-shirt is sold in usa canada for 50~150 dollars. If you take that 50 dollars in USA, and go to where i buy it, that means you can buy 25 t-shirts instead of 1. If the option of buying 25 t-shirts or buying 1 t-shirt was available, which would you pick? Most people would go for 25 t-shirts, simply because more is preferred to less in most cases when consuming things up to the point where diminishing marginal utility hits zero. That leads one to investigate how much more can 50 dollars serve you in a country where your clothes cost you a few cents? In such a country you can live like a king, while in usa, canada where at best the income will be in the middle 40%~60% of the top earners. To ask those people to spend 10~100 dollars on a game, not even their own currency, actual dollars, you can see why it won't fly.
  • losera
    losera Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    ive read many money guides and they all fail, just pointing out the obvious, that everybody does and we can say "well, good for YOU, sir" - almost like a fortune cookie

i made money with daily weekly or w.e events, which i looked up in the wiki and could get over a mil every week by spending less than 5 hours in total. its just extremely annoying for me to play during set event times

i agree to #12, #26, #47 and #58

#46 pretty much points out why i wont read every post thoroughly with all that stuff, id just get off topic in 0 seconds and rage close the tab without posting

#55 points out what is important to me. exact reason why i dont even have any interest of spending my coins anymore. the game is merely good memories for logging in once every couple of months
    279591113da452760ba99c01c8ae4652087a1d2d.png
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Work hard, Play hard and sleep well.
    I have 8 hours for each in 24 hours.
    How, when and where I work is a personal choice.
    How, when and what I enjoy playing with is a personal choice.
    How, when and in what way I sleep is personal choice.
    It may not be the way others think it should be done.
    But I am not you.
    I am me and will enjoy my life my way.
    So should others. b:chuckle
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle