Options
124»

Comments

• KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Stop giving out crappy veno advice, seriously ><

Right after people make up their minds that AA/HA is good, or not good.

Maybe I shouldn't have went Veno at all, and just went the classes I like the most, Pure Burst DD Magic. (Or FS Cleric) I never liked tanking anyway, nor having to know much about aggro on a mob. Wish I could just remove those two years of my life that I thought I was helping people by going tank because the entire community didn't know how the hell to at the time. (Not here by the way, other MMOs. Their community was so fail at tanking, it was hilarious to watch.)
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Just confused as to how you guys survive XD

I found good answer(at least humorous).
    It actually is easy:
    After eating one apple, two pears, three plums, four strawberries, and five oranges, we become a chrysalis and eventually emerge as a beaauuutiful butterfly.

Edit: like this Butterfly.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    No need to post LA there. The game's system files (IE: Rank IX Gear) point to venos optimally being AA, and being a nuke class, which is ignoring over half of the veno skills if you go just AA. Fox form is almost useless in AA, as you don't get enough boost from it to matter. Since this is the case, AMP is thus useless.

However, since we have the ability to change the build ever so slightly for your LA:

http://pwcalc.com/5f4af82e1f71c724

It can be a versatile class as I have pointed out with HA as well. Sure, you have barely any Elemental defense if you go full HA, but that shouldn't really matter, right? Since most people go sin. Not to mention that Morai bramble skill you get from Luminance, which works on Archer attacks, and stacks with normal bramble/hood. It's too bad that the Shroud pet buff doesn't last too long either. it'd surely make it so you don't steal aggro as an AA Veno.

Amp isn't useless no matter what as it benefits everyone.

And even though I don't play veno anymore, something is wrong if you're not regularly stealing aggro from your pet around lv90-95. Between Demon/Sage Ironwood and Venomous Scarab, it should be close to impossible. I don't know about shroud buffs myself but Im fairly certain it wont matter much :P Not when you're doing 20k ironwoods and 14k venomous(inb4 lolIdomorethanthat)

Anyway, at that point, however you should be able to gauge how much and how far between your attacks you can throw before your enmity level exceeds your pet. Although just letting the pet beat on the mob for a few minutes is an alternative.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    So how did the talk from farming to start merchanting money move to veno and builds b:chuckle?
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    So how did the talk from farming to start merchanting money move to veno and builds b:chuckle?

A wizard did it!
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »

That wizard is awesome b:victory.
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    So is this a +1 thread now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • truekossy
    edited October 2012
    Options
    So is this a +1 thread now?

Somewhat, yeah.
    edited October 2012
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Somewhat, yeah.

Hmm I see. Btw who has the most post counts in this furoms?
  • truekossy
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Hmm I see. Btw who has the most post counts in this furoms?

Last I checked RedsRose.
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Oh and thanks for the answer. She has been gone for how many years and she is still #1?
  • gouraudpalm2
    gouraudpalm2 Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Simply buy $60 in gold and problem solved
  • BlindFate - Sanctuary
    BlindFate - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I agree that Veno's are one of the better money makers at the lower levels and as for how much was made in your example nice very nice. I love how many totally missed your point. With doing all your quests and selling off anything you didn't need had you played every day what you ended up with could of been twice what you did end up with. Yes the skills at the higher levels will cost you but by then your catshop if you can keep it running 24/7 and keep it stocked up will be netting you more then enough to afford skills and better armor plus keeping you in very good weapons. You should also be able to get the really nice gear plus put in the right shards and plus it up as much as you feel like and all this from a 6 mil inverstment and of course if you spend more time then the investment is evan better.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I've actually gotten over 5m with 6 characters under lv 70 through no help from my archer...although veno was the easiest. It can be evidenced by the fact that all of my alts have a +3 aero, which is between 5m and 10m. Anyways, you shouldn't be looking at OP's story as if he spent 3 months to make 6m...he played the game as a new player normally would and made enough at lv 6x to start trading in gold, which does say a lot in terms of how a new player might start out.

Starting the game and just leveling up, players typically don't rush to make money because the game does not get competitive until 10x.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • XLeeu - Heavens Tear
    XLeeu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    UPDATE:

Ok - I'm back with an update for you guys.

In the last couple of days I merchanted with many an item, (buying low - selling high), buying gold and investing in orbs and selling those, buying and selling packs etc....

True some of the items were a loss as they did not sell, other items made a nice profit.

Currently I am on 41mil just on merchanting. I think its good for not a single real life cent spent?

It is clear that the more you have the more you make. I now take 80% of my coin and invest in gold. Buy and sell from there.

It is profitable to such a degree now that veno will not be leveling anymore but be a perm merchant.

So the point is from 6mil to 41 mil in roughly 2 weeks? And like i stated the profit keeps getting bigger the more i invest. b:dirty

BTW: Thanx to the players that understand the reason for the post.
    To the players that dont understand : JEALOUSY MAKES YOU NASTY

Keep those QQ and flaming posts comming in - I love it cause those are more often than not the CS'ers.

X
    I eat you last
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tried to sleep last night when my A.D.D kicked in :
    1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, cow, donkey, pig, Old McDonald had a farm YEAH.... Macarena !
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited October 2012
    Options
    So the point is from 6mil to 41 mil in roughly 2 weeks? And like i stated the profit keeps getting bigger the more i invest. b:dirty

Tell when you will get few billion coins (somewhere I saw same thread) and how much is your electricity bill.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    and how much is your electricity bill.

Have you even looked, read, researched modern processors and their power consumption under idle and different loads?

Visit tomshardware read up the articles there on things, once you get an understanding of how things are, come back and look at your coffee machine, toaster, electrical oven, washing machine, dryer, heater, a/c and compare how much electricity a computer takes over a year being on 24/7 compared to any of those items being used over a year.

There is already a thread that calculated the electricity cost on these forums.

I like to read critiques as much as the OP, but seriously write something with some backing, meat, weight. These statements are akin to how my peers answers a teachers question. Question - "Give me a modern example of an auctor and how they differ from the Auctor?" Answer - "...random one word answers that make no sense without context". You made the claim about electricity, best to prove it, otherwise it is just hearsay and disregarded, which results in wasted time, space and effort b:surrender.

OP: What is your secret, multiplying your wealth 7x in 2 weeks b:dirty. Congrats. You are right that as you get more money it becomes easier. I invested 200m a month ago. I have 600m now, still waiting on another 400~600m, but as the money increases have to make sure that you evolve in the market. When i was small, i could undercut everyone, people didn't pay attention. Now that i joined the bigger group, smaller merchants can clean me out easily with their price cutting, but makes the game fun to play. I invest on a 2~4 month cycle, expecting 1/2~4 times the return. The bigger you get, the more you have to diversify b:cry. There will be a post in the bm forum as i try to merchant my way to the new r9 gear for 2 characters, i hope it works out.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Have you even looked, read, researched modern processors and their power consumption under idle and different loads?
    Yea, I had.

I use my laptop now.

And my internet traffic is so low now, when I not play in pwi, that I just wonder, why it is so ?

As I said already, exist games, where I can play, not work , but play.

If I need excellent graphic, fine images I play solo PC games.

If I need to talk with other players, I can use forum of proper game or chat system of browser game.

Also I not need to wait for squad of random players, I just play when I have free time for it.
  • leonidas22a
    leonidas22a Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Great idea OP. But merchanting usually requires leaving your computer on for long periods of time ( Which I can not do ) Electricity bill is kinda too high , so have to get it down by turning computer (or anything im not using) off.
  • XLeeu - Heavens Tear
    XLeeu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    and how much is your electricity bill.

Seriuosly ?? Out of all the comments you could have made you ask about electricity ?

Ok - I have the catshop on my desktop, power efficient, it uses 0,1 unit of power every hour. That means that should i leave my laptop on 24/7 - 7 days of the week that will be 16.8 units of power for the week.

Now keep up:
    16.8 units of power per week multiplied by 4 weeks is 67.2 units of power.
    Since 1 unit of power costs roughly about R0.08 in my country, that means i pay roughly about R5.38 for power on my computer.

Taking into consideration that $1 costs me R8.74(this mornings exchange rate) it means that I can not even substitute my power bill for even $1. Yet i can make 10 or more gold per week being online.

Now if i should BUY 10 Gold it means i need to charge $10 wich works out roughly R87.40.

Still with me ??? Keep up !

Now take R87.40 and subtract my "electricity bill" from that - leaves me with R82.02 -
    Ok so in my books that a RL saving of R82.02 and ingame saving of MILLIONS.

To give you an idea about costs - 1 packet of smokes costs R32.80.

You seriuosly did not think your post through before you clicked reply ?

Anyway .....

@ Jaabg - I dont really have a "secret" but thanx for asking b:thanks - What i do is i sell at 10% more than what it cost me to buy. I know it is not a huge profit margin, but thus far my catshop runs empty every night and every morning I need to restock.

As you can see my main is a bm - and Yeah - I would LOVE getting R9 as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tried to sleep last night when my A.D.D kicked in :
    1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, cow, donkey, pig, Old McDonald had a farm YEAH.... Macarena !
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Seriuosly ?? Out of all the comments you could have made you ask about electricity ?

Ok - I have the catshop on my desktop, power efficient, it uses 0,1 unit of power every hour. That means that should i leave my laptop on 24/7 - 7 days of the week that will be 16.8 units of power for the week.

That mean, that your electricity is very cheap.

Sorry, can't tell it about my. Also, I must use PC for other purposes too.

This is why I asked you to tell us when you will get few billions coins for high level equipment.

It is unique for PWI to get that sum, during short period of time without having high level character (you have, but not use it as you say).

It is like to win pack's lottery.

Edit:
    I remember yet one such thread with following images:
    http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3465/phantome.jpg
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/9664/originald.png

As you see, gold's price was 315k at these images.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    That mean, that your electricity is very cheap.

Which country are you from?

Have you ever seen a +12 weapon go on sale on your server, and someone bought it? That is usually 700m~1.5b usually.

People sometimes sell 2~4 LUAD, that is 1b~2b easily.

G16 cube necklace runs in the 1b range if refined high.

There are lots of ways to make big money, and people have them merchanted to that stage, most just don't bother with forums anymore. Small people like me do b:surrender.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Which country are you from?

This is information, which I don't wish to discuss here.
    Have you ever seen a +12 weapon go on sale on your server, and someone bought it? That is usually 700m~1.5b usually.

Never.
    G16 cube necklace runs in the 1b range if refined high.
    130 mil. not refined high.

My Wizard has TT70 necklace with almost same characteristics (made it myself), but it is low grade though.
    There are lots of ways to make big money, and people have them merchanted to that stage, most just don't bother with forums anymore. Small people like me do b:surrender.

Then at our servers may be few millions of players per each ?

Or they left this game, because not able to play it ?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    G14 Cube neck is around 130m...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Never.

I retract all my statements in this thread for you b:surrender. Your server does not seem to operate on a similar level as sanctuary does apparently. I never knew, really sorry that you play on a dead server b:cry.

Seriously no one has a g16 cube neck on RT b:shocked, there is no +12 armour/weapon piece b:sad.

1 G16 cube neck = 3 x G15 cube neck
    1 G15 cube neck = 3 x G14 cube neck
    1 G14 cube neck = 100~140m.

A g16 cube neck = well you can see why it would be expensive. Quite a few people have farmed it for cheap, possible to do. But those characters are already OP or smart b:chuckle.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I retract all my statements in this thread for you b:surrender. Your server does not seem to operate on a similar level as sanctuary does apparently. I never knew, really sorry that you play on a dead server b:cry.

Thank you.

Even 130 mln is something unreachable for me, this is why I had not looked for such propositions seriously.

This is not because of my server, but because of pyramidal financial structure of game:

Cash shopper->>>>Many Free to play players, which are waiting for drop from above (through market or auction.)

You are waiting for R9, for example.