Lost City-Unsweetened Forgetfulness Event

Options
AliceAdams - Lost City
AliceAdams - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
Our server is completely full of fail. We are incapable of completing this event.

Yes, I did notice the mention of the event continuing on for a bit longer. But if we failed 2 weeks straight, another day or week will make no difference.

Is there anything that can be done? Are those of us that spent HOURS on this event just supposed to sell off our envelopes for one coin each?

I don't have a lot of ingame money, so I'm kinda tired of wasting teles only to have to spend an hour explaining how the event works to 2 or 3 people. And then they end up leaving anyway because the prizes aren't worth it to them. They aren't exactly worth it to me either, but I'd still like a chance to get SOMETHING for the work I put in.

The highest our server managed to hit was 1000 candies. Once. And THAT took until 11:30.

So, what can be done? Can you move the event into Frost (for 30-99) and NV (100+) so that people might actually participate? Can you spawn the NPC we need to get some kind of reward for our efforts?

Anything? Please?!

b:angryb:cryb:surrender
I'M 103 YOU STUPID AVATAR!!!
b:angryf:fume
Post edited by AliceAdams - Lost City on

Comments

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I haven't even bothered with this event. I see no reason to as I don't have R93R +12 with full DOT/JOSD/VIT shards, and I never will unless it becomes easily farmable on the weekend only.

Almost all of the 'events' PWI has had in the 3 years have been complete fail to begin with.

Next thing you will know, each event simply drops you a non-tradeable, non-stashable pack with nothing but tokens in it. >_> Oh wait, they have one, hence the anger at Bacon that frequently happens on WC after 10:00 PM.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Changuita - Harshlands
    Changuita - Harshlands Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Yeah we had some similar problems on Harshlands. Eventually, my faction decided we'd just do it ourselves. I think that what you can do is save up the CANDIES (not the envelopes) and try to turn them in as a group. We did that with a couple other factions/individuals was save the candies. They do not time out, so I assume that is completely allowed and what servers with less interest are supposed to do. We actually shouted on WC for counts... and didn't turn in until we had at least 2012. Unfortunately... some drama ensued after that... but that is neither here nor there :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options
    It's really depressing to get on here every day and see the thread about how many rewards people on other servers got.

I'm trying to tell people to hoard their candies til the 9th, but people don't seem to be listening anymore.

Some minor issues here:

People were supposed to be hoarding candy til the last day of the event, but when the last day arrived, no one came.

No one reads the website. I've had to explain to at least 30 people that the Momma beast won't show up until 2012 candies have been dropped off. No, that's not 2012 over a period of days, it's that many in one night, and it resets at midnight. And then they leave because in 30 minutes they've only managed to drop off 10 candies, and there's hardly anyone else out there.

To be fair, even I didn't realize there was a boss involved with this until someone said something.

It's nearly impossible to coordinate this. There are too many language barriers and people don't come here for info. And it's not like it's the same 10 people doing the event every night. It's different people each night, and they try for 30 minutes and never come back.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Wow, sound like it's time to merge Lost City into Harshlands.
    I forget if they use the same name database or not though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Sylen, I'd love to see a server merge at this point. We could call it Harsh City, or Lost Landsb:laugh

Unfortunately, after hearing about the PK problem at this event in Harshlands, I'm not so sure I want that many failjerks running around unchecked.b:shocked

The ones on our server are bad enough. I POLITELY asked someone 4 times to please stop PKing me and Fiance during the last Assault. He just wouldn't stop.

I don't mind getting PKed, but I shouldn't get killed by the same person over and over and over. Once is enough, you had your fun, now let me focus on the event!
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Funny thing about it is.

People tend to spam pking easy kills because it "boosts" their kill count for e-peen stroking when here's the real kicker. They implemented a lock on it some time ago. You can only kill the same target I believe its 2 times in an 8 hour period for it to count as a kill before they stop counting. This was done to prevent fake kill score being up, however.... didn't stop some from abusing it with many alts. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options
    So...

Kill me twice, shame on you; Kill me 8 times, shame on your invisible e-peen?b:chuckle

I have trouble understanding the lure of PK in this game.

There don't appear to be any rewards for random PK. Maybe a drop here and there, but nothing worthwhile, and certainly nothing to assist in progression through the game.

There was another game I played a long time ago that had seperate leveling for PvE experience, and PvP experience.

Kinda like how we level up through questing, but gain rank through reputation. It seems like we should get rep for PK, or some other kinda rewards...
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    So...

Kill me twice, shame on you; Kill me 8 times, shame on your invisible e-peen?b:chuckle

I have trouble understanding the lure of PK in this game.

There don't appear to be any rewards for random PK. Maybe a drop here and there, but nothing worthwhile, and certainly nothing to assist in progression through the game.

There was another game I played a long time ago that had seperate leveling for PvE experience, and PvP experience.

Kinda like how we level up through questing, but gain rank through reputation. It seems like we should get rep for PK, or some other kinda rewards...

You get to be on the Ranking boards for 3 categories.

Level / PK Kill count / Kill Death Ratio.

People want to place high on the boards for bragging rights when tbh no one really gives a damn...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options
    KawaiiJen wrote: »

People want to place high on the boards for bragging rights when tbh no one really gives a damn...

That's.... *snort*

That's like the exact opposite of rewarding. That's just kinda sad to me. Cause a bunch of grief for a bunch of lowbies so you can be number one on a page no one really looks at?

Oh the millions of suggestions I could make to improve this game...b:shutup
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Why are we not doing the event? cause of 2x b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I haven't even bothered with this event. I see no reason to as I don't have R93R +12 with full DOT/JOSD/VIT shards, and I never will unless it becomes easily farmable on the weekend only.

Almost all of the 'events' PWI has had in the 3 years have been complete fail to begin with.

Next thing you will know, each event simply drops you a non-tradeable, non-stashable pack with nothing but tokens in it. >_> Oh wait, they have one, hence the anger at Bacon that frequently happens on WC after 10:00 PM.

You don't need good gear for that event...it's just digging boxes and killing a mob repeatedly. You could have just used a low level alt and went after the lvl 1 mobs for the meat too...(for those who were wondering what Fanciful Elk were doing there)
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Even if that wasn't 2x i think people will not do more on PvP, on HL some people tried to collect the candy for 5-6 days so they could make the npc appear, but the moment the npc momma appeared some people that didn't even make the event at all arrived and set AoE on the npc pked everyone there.

Put a npc for reward out safe zone was think just for PvE servers, if people on LC are like on HL it's why people don't waste time to do it, even if people do it, a bunch of people will go there just to pk people so people that worked hard don't get reward.

The event is not bad, but seriously i have no idea who think to put a reward npc outside safe zone, but that's the fail thing of that event on PvP servers.

People on HL that chain pked people at the npc, they didn't done it for get red hours, they just done it to make people mad and that worked really well, now there's not even 4 person in Tellus area when the event is on.

I hope the people creating events will learn about that huge mystake and make it so people on both PvE & PvP servers can enjoy it next time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options
    This is how the event has gone the last few nights (and nearly every night).

*random noob in normal chat*
    Where drop red envelope

*me*
    We have to drop 2012 candies before we can use envelopes, Please save candies until the 9th.

*random noob in normal chat*
    Where go maman beast

*me*
    We have to drop 2012 candies before Momma Beast shows up, Please save candies until the 9th.

Meanwhile, I've been saying this repeatedly in normal chat for 30 minutes, with no responses and no one paying attention. Sometimes, while standing next to Bongso, to ensure they see the words over my head. Yet they still go drop off more freakin candy!

Folks, if you are participating in a special event like this, please pay attention to normal chat. People might be saying things that are relevant to your current interests, and this will save you from asking the same question 4 times and getting the same response twice, while **** up the event for everyone.b:angry
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Even if that wasn't 2x i think people will not do more on PvP, on HL some people tried to collect the candy for 5-6 days so they could make the npc appear, but the moment the npc momma appeared some people that didn't even make the event at all arrived and set AoE on the npc pked everyone there.

Put a npc for reward out safe zone was think just for PvE servers, if people on LC are like on HL it's why people don't waste time to do it, even if people do it, a bunch of people will go there just to pk people so people that worked hard don't get reward.

The event is not bad, but seriously i have no idea who think to put a reward npc outside safe zone, but that's the fail thing of that event on PvP servers.

People on HL that chain pked people at the npc, they didn't done it for get red hours, they just done it to make people mad and that worked really well, now there's not even 4 person in Tellus area when the event is on.

I hope the people creating events will learn about that huge mystake and make it so people on both PvE & PvP servers can enjoy it next time.

Take it as consolation that those people that pked probably have low self esteem and a superiority complex and need to exude their frustrations on a game and the players cause they can't get none in real life. b:pleased
  • XxStormy - Harshlands
    XxStormy - Harshlands Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    On harshlands two squads worked for two weeks to get 2012 . Only to turn them in, summon the boss and have a certain faction come and camp the NPC. Was very pathetic. Some people worked all 4 hours every day just to be denied their rewards. Yea, we could have defended ourselves, but we were trying our best to get our rewards.

PVP servers have such an unfair disadvantage when it comes to this event that it makes me sick. Makes me not want to play this game anymore. The dev's really need to think things through. A reward npc outside of safe zone? Pathetic and plain stupid. I refuse to participate in the event again. Not worth all the time put into it just to have all your hard work crushed because some pathetic losers need their e-peen stroked.

Not to mention all the time I lost doing other 2x stuff? I'm surprised I'm still playing after all this went down. And the response to the ticket I submitted? Vvvvvvv

Hello Shaunita

Thank you for notifying us about the issue! Currently, the event has been extended an additional week. We will also notify the de developers to make improvements in the future.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1505541

Come on... Really?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

hi bella. glad to hear that you finally managed to complete it but yeah...kinda not so cool to hear what happened afterwards. was it the same cheating and no-lifing bunch of ehm...INFAMOUS people as usual? this kinda sounds like something that a cursed archer would do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Ripokeke - Sanctuary
    Ripokeke - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    On harshlands two squads worked for two weeks to get 2012 . Only to turn them in, summon the boss and have a certain faction come and camp the NPC. Was very pathetic. Some people worked all 4 hours every day just to be denied their rewards. Yea, we could have defended ourselves, but we were trying our best to get our rewards.

PVP servers have such an unfair disadvantage when it comes to this event that it makes me sick. Makes me not want to play this game anymore. The dev's really need to think things through. A reward npc outside of safe zone? Pathetic and plain stupid. I refuse to participate in the event again. Not worth all the time put into it just to have all your hard work crushed because some pathetic losers need their e-peen stroked.

Not to mention all the time I lost doing other 2x stuff? I'm surprised I'm still playing after all this went down. And the response to the ticket I submitted? Vvvvvvv

Hello Shaunita

Thank you for notifying us about the issue! Currently, the event has been extended an additional week. We will also notify the de developers to make improvements in the future.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1505541

Come on... Really?!
    Wow... Feel sorry for u guys... Which faction so childish to do such a thing? I'm so lucky to be on sanctuary...

And yes, I also feel strange the momma beast pop outside instead of inside city...
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Tonight is the last night for this event.

I know of 2 people that have been hoarding candy for tonite, and we have a total of about 550 between 4 of us.

I'm expecting to show up, drop off the candy, and there will only be the 4 of us there.

If we still manage to fail this event, what then? What do we do with hundreds of red envelopes that can't be turned in to the proper NPC?

This was depressing 2 weeks ago, now it's just... I mean why did we even bother?

b:cryb:surrender
  • billybob130
    billybob130 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Wow, Monday's event only lasted an hour on Dreamweaver. I got started 15 minutes in and only got 15 envelopes before Momma showed up. The Pastry guy was so covered that it was hard to find him - even with shift. I guess that means that DW is still thriving. So glad I left HL and all the jerks that wouldn't let me complete a quest without at least a couple of pk's.
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Yesterday we done it, ofc the same faction was pking everyone doing the event, but it just make me laught that they need to be 2 archers R9 recast to kill my poor R8 mystic. xD

But when the reward npc appeared i didn't got problem to change my envelops, i even got the mount, but i dunno if other got pked while try to change envelops.

People need to understand that people like them don't enjoy pk, they enjoy to see the people rage, more people rage more they will continue and have fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    KawaiiJen wrote: »

You mean the rankings and kill/death pages that havnt displayed accurate information in ... god knows how long?
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • ColdEP - Harshlands
    ColdEP - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Yesterday we done it, ofc the same faction was pking everyone doing the event, but it just make me laught that they need to be 2 archers R9 recast to kill my poor R8 mystic. xD

But when the reward npc appeared i didn't got problem to change my envelops, i even got the mount, but i dunno if other got pked while try to change envelops.

People need to understand that people like them don't enjoy pk, they enjoy to see the people rage, more people rage more they will continue and have fun.

No problem at all when reward npc appeard, there was a few that aoed but else it was peacefull and you could turn in your envelopes, for a change. b:sweat
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Is it really a surprise that a pve only server tends to do better in pve events? Lol, to my knowledge Dreamweaver has finished this event successfully quite a few times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Is it really a surprise that a pve only server tends to do better in pve events? Lol, to my knowledge Dreamweaver has finished this event successfully quite a few times.

I don't consider that as pve event since on pvp server there's pk at that event, i consider pve event the jungle one, coa and the quiz we have sometime, but yea ofc it's normal pve server do better at tiger event and sweet remembrace event they don't have people pk them everywhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    shame on hl and lc >.>'

tbh i got so tired of the event after i think my 3rd day. it last about 1-1:30 hr per event 1:30 hr seems to be on tw days. the reward is just not enuff for me 2m-7m for 50-75 envelops. I think my luck just sucks. i'd rather go farm somethin more profitable.

edit: there are peeps on ht that go pvp mode durin this event/tiger. people dont really seek others out to pk em. most of time peeps die cos of unintentional hf/ect. aoe. that's what i've heard anyways cos i dont go pk mode in event.
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    Oliiander - Lost City Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Tonight. I'm going to figure out how to do this damn event b:cry
    And once I do, I'm going to drag a buttload of friends to do it with meb:cool
    My squishiness is (Usually) unrivaled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finally decided to give Olii her own banner.b:chuckle
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I once went to that event. I didn't see any pk, but I lost interest and didn't go again. That event is very late for me anyway.
  • Vecilia - Raging Tide
    Vecilia - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    thats pvp servers for you. i love pvp and ive tried multiple times to get a character going on a pvp server but its always the same bs. im out doing my thing be it pking or pvm'ing and some lv 90+ comes along and 1 shots me because that takes so much skill.

i tried pking a guy once, and what happened? an idiot lv 70 barbarian in a lv 15 zone attacks me and i ask him why he just did that he says you trying to kill him in very broken english. so basically what you can take away from this story is, high lvs kill low lvs, when low lvs try to kill low lvs high lvs save them

mfw b:shocked

the only thing that can save the pvp servers are pvp limits, first of all anyone 10 levels or more below you needs to just be flat out immune to your damage. idgaf if it makes no sense or how youll go about doing it but it just needs to happen. pvp is not about killing a low lv in 1 shot

change the red named stuff so your items dont drop.. this just discourages all pvp, and encourages people to stop other people from trying to continue to pvp. and take away the red name altogether. dont give the *******s something they can walk around thinking theyre a badass for having
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I'm kinda totally hearting the extensions on this event. Fiance and I got a candy count last night. 532 between 4 of us. And NO ONE ELSE RESPONDED. Which means it's practically up to the 4 of us to get this done. There's a few others I saw fairly regularly, but either they don't speak a lick of English, or they are just buttheads for not responding.

Also folks, if someone is world-chatting to get info from people that have participated in an event, don't pm them unless you can be helpful, or have a genuine interest in the event. Sending them a pm just to be a *** **** *** **** (I really just typed out asterisksb:chuckle), makes you a crappy gamer and you should probably get off our server and stick with solo games.b:angry
  • zephyruswv2
    zephyruswv2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I'm kinda totally hearting the extensions on this event. Fiance and I got a candy count last night. 532 between 4 of us. And NO ONE ELSE RESPONDED. Which means it's practically up to the 4 of us to get this done. There's a few others I saw fairly regularly, but either they don't speak a lick of English, or they are just buttheads for not responding.

Also folks, if someone is world-chatting to get info from people that have participated in an event, don't pm them unless you can be helpful, or have a genuine interest in the event. Sending them a pm just to be a *** **** *** **** (I really just typed out asterisksb:chuckle), makes you a crappy gamer and you should probably get off our server and stick with solo games.b:angry

My guild must've gotten about 300 that we can pool with you guys, planning to get more. Hopefully if I can prove to them this is worth it. Then i can expect more participation.