Lost City-Unsweetened Forgetfulness Event

Options
2»

Comments

• AliceAdams - Lost City
    AliceAdams - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    That's great! With unaccounted for candies possibly floating around out there, we are probably at about half.

My goal is for all of us to be there on the 16th right at 8pm server time and start dropping off candies. With any luck, we can spawn the boss by 8:30, kill it, and be done by 9pm. With plenty of time to spare before maintenanceb:pleased
    I'M 103 YOU STUPID AVATAR!!!
    b:angryf:fume
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    thats pvp servers for you. i love pvp and ive tried multiple times to get a character going on a pvp server but its always the same bs. im out doing my thing be it pking or pvm'ing and some lv 90+ comes along and 1 shots me because that takes so much skill.

i tried pking a guy once, and what happened? an idiot lv 70 barbarian in a lv 15 zone attacks me and i ask him why he just did that he says you trying to kill him in very broken english. so basically what you can take away from this story is, high lvs kill low lvs, when low lvs try to kill low lvs high lvs save them

mfw b:shocked

the only thing that can save the pvp servers are pvp limits, first of all anyone 10 levels or more below you needs to just be flat out immune to your damage. idgaf if it makes no sense or how youll go about doing it but it just needs to happen. pvp is not about killing a low lv in 1 shot

change the red named stuff so your items dont drop.. this just discourages all pvp, and encourages people to stop other people from trying to continue to pvp. and take away the red name altogether. dont give the *******s something they can walk around thinking theyre a badass for having

PVP serves have always and will always be an "animal kingdom"....the strongest devour the weak and protect the weak if they got strong protection. That's why I don't play PVP servers, I know how bad it can get and annoying to do anything and everything. Specially the server events such as how profitable this one is.
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options
    In order to clear up any confusion:

We will be dropping off the candies on Tuesday at 8pm server time.

Please ensure that all of your dumplings are converted to candies by Monday night in order to save time.

In the event that we reach a count of 2012 before Tuesday, set those candies aside, and continue to do the event to collect envelopes.

For example:

If we reach the count Sunday, take any candies you have at that point and put them in your safe.

Do the event Monday, and drop ONLY your Monday candies off to get a stack of envelopes saved up for Tuesday.

Thank you.
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Finally completed the event. 2 Pkers were enough to wipe everyone out repeatedly. Still trying for tuesday. Please come monday night and farm candy!

Mods, a lot of us are still going to have hundreds of envelopes to drop off, and the pkers just won't allow it.

Is there ANY way at all to get them to just spawn the Momma Beast for a day?
  • stealthymaucq1
    stealthymaucq1 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Ya...Bait especially (and his guild Chinatown) pks at every event, Including Tiger even on Monday night..It's free kills for him to aoe a bunch of nubs. What can HH99/nv players u do against a +12 r9 sin with like 50 ish def lv. He alone wiped out like 30 people with subsea during the Bongzo event. I barely got to turn in my envelops. Can't really blame pk'er who want to see people QQQQQQQ. If u ask me its fail event planning to put the reward agent for that event outside of safe zone. I hear some servers had GM support? But ofc LC has no GMS!!! Frankie is gone :((((((
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Ya...Bait especially (and his guild Chinatown) pks at every event, Including Tiger even on Monday night..It's free kills for him to aoe a bunch of nubs. What can HH99/nv players u do against a +12 r9 sin with like 50 ish def lv. He alone wiped out like 30 people with subsea during the Bongzo event. I barely got to turn in my envelops. Can't really blame pk'er who want to see people QQQQQQQ. If u ask me its fail event planning to put the reward agent for that event outside of safe zone. I hear some servers had GM support? But ofc LC has no GMS!!! Frankie is gone :((((((

Hahahaha.

I was laughing so hard when I saw the mayhem he caused tonight.b:pleased
  • Savini - Lost City
    Savini - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Finally completed the event. 2 Pkers were enough to wipe everyone out repeatedly. Still trying for tuesday. Please come monday night and farm candy!

Mods, a lot of us are still going to have hundreds of envelopes to drop off, and the pkers just won't allow it.

Is there ANY way at all to get them to just spawn the Momma Beast for a day?

Wow, and here I was worried about not being on to farm more candy the last couple of nights, (DC issues with my signal). Looks like it wouldn't have made a difference anyway, with the PK'ers attacking.lol Ah well, still have the 320, and hopefully I'll get more tonight to turn in tomorrow, weather permitting. b:embarrass
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Savini, I'm sorry. The other people that were doing the event got impatient and insisted we complete it last night.

They've offered to come back tonight to get more candies to spawn it Tuesday, but I'm not very optimistic about this. Their group can get about 500 candies in one night. That combined with your 300, plus whatever Liicos and I can scrape together should put us at the halfway mark. We'd need everyone that was there last night to farm candies tonight and save them for Tuesday.

Unfortunately, even if we manage it again, we're all still going to have a LOT of envelopes left over.

Which is why I'm asking for them to just spawn the NPC instead of giving us another extension.

15 minutes in a pk zone pretty much equals 5 minutes, and they HAVE to know this. We worked TOO hard to only be able to turn in a handful of envelopes. If the thing was spawned all day in a pk zone, at least we could all keep going back to it.

But basically last night was:
    Turn in about 5 envelopes.
    Die.
    Spend about one minute running back.
    Turn in 4 envelopes.
    Die
    Another minute getting back.

Every time you die without some kind of ressurect, it takes about a minute off your 15.
    I was killed 4-5 times by the same two people, and will be submitting tickets.

Maucq, while I appreciate your frustration, naming and shaming could get this thread shut down. Submit a ticket, and hope the mods are nice enough to just erase the names you posted.

ETA:
    I've submitted my ticket about the pkers, with screenshots, and asked them to consider giving us a day or week to drop everything off that we've accumulated.

I'll update that here if I get anything that's not automated.
  • lordmot
    lordmot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Sounds like this might be the perfect opportunity for v4liance to earn some early brownie points with the community. I'm not even on LC, but would be very impressed if he were to show up and deal with the harassers.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.b:chuckle
  • Moranine - Lost City
    Moranine - Lost City Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    The mobs that 100+ have to kill are just ridiculous. They stun you ever 15-20 seconds and then also reflect, making it pretty much impossible for any aps class to kill them. They also are ? mobs and have 500k hp so killing them is not easy. And im sure the rewards wouldn't be worth it. If we even knew what the rewards were...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordmot
    lordmot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    The mobs that 100+ have to kill are just ridiculous. They stun you ever 15-20 seconds and then also reflect, making it pretty much impossible for any aps class to kill them. They also are ? mobs and have 500k hp so killing them is not easy. And im sure the rewards wouldn't be worth it. If we even knew what the rewards were...

Make a squad with a few casters/archers, if you still have them on LC. My wife's Veno w/Herc and my Wizzy (102 & 101 respectively, both in +5 R8) can kill the mob in less than a minute, with me tanking. As for rewards, we've averaged about 8 million coins each per event. Not bad for an hours work each time.

Edit- When we squad with APSers, they use bows.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.b:chuckle
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options
    If you're 100+ you get tons of money and a chance at a really cool looking mount.

I can only describe this freaking thing as a demonic steampunk frog.b:laugh

It only gets to 10m/s but still...

If you're 99 and below, you have a lower chance at the mount, and you can drop 5 envelopes for about 500k exp, or one envelope for the chance at mount, mirages (got 100 mirages last night), mysterious chips, and martial arts scrolls. Or fantasy fruit. Lots of freakin fantasy fruit.

Overall, yes, the rewards are definitely worth it. But we need all the people we can get to farm candies tonight so we can drop them off tomorrow for another chance to get our rewards.
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    lordmot wrote: »
    Sounds like this might be the perfect opportunity for v4liance to earn some early brownie points with the community. I'm not even on LC, but would be very impressed if he were to show up and deal with the harassers.

His job is not to police us ingame.

Even if he did show up what's he going to do? Tell people they can't PK outside of safezone on a PvP server? If PW didn't want people to PK during events the events would be in safezones.
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I took a moment to get a screen shot of the mount:

http://imageshack.us/f/528/newmounta.png/

I tried to catch the electricity that sparks around it, but it's better to see it in action instead of still frame.
  • MissTerra - Lost City
    MissTerra - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

Two and a half candies gives you 5 red envelopes. Red envelopes give:

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/26438

When my squad got rolling, we could get a candy (with small chance of 2 candies) approximately every 2-3 minutes each.

So, worst case, let's say 5 minutes. In an hour, that's 12 candies.

On average, that's 8.1m coins per hour, plus mirages, chips and those stupid droughts.

If you're able to do it in 3 minutes, that's 13.5m coins per hour on average.

I put in a couple hours each night for 3-4 nights and made 21m. I would have made more but I accidentally got the time limited flyer b:cry
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

I solo them on this char all the time they aren't really that hard for me and you cause we are archers. just have to spark and use extream poison and tangling mire togeather when you don't think it will stun you. It dies real fast with that combo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Nykt - Harshlands
    Nykt - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    here's the thingy....either squad with non aps or do as u would with map 5 bosses.

first hit...then do some momba dancing for like 4-5 secs...then dspark and use 1-2 skills till reflect drops....ull still get like 8-10 seconds of spark before reflect which combined with tangling and extreme p should drop down the mob fast.

u just need to pay some attention....and stop in time if u think u can't kill them in those 8-10 secs...and wait for the next round...reflect's are predictable so do stuns
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options
    WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!

WAY TO GO LOST CITY!

I'm really proud of all of you for accomplishing this for a second time!

b:pleasedb:thanksb:victory
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    b:chuckle HELL YES!!
    WE MADE IT
    WERE DOING IT MAN
    WERE MAKING THIS HAPPEN
    b:thanksb:victory
    But really this event was excellent. Overall, at last for me i went up like 15 levels just from the exp. Couldnt get mount tho, but meh...i got like 7 now :P So all in all thanks to all off you!!!

Please i hope they repeat this thinghyb:dirty
  • Savini - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Great job and thanks to everyone who participated in the event tonight. b:victory
    Sadly, the pk'ers were waiting for us, and I think most of the people got reamed before they could even turn in their envelopes. Personally, I took about 8 kills at the motherbeast, eventually hiding in the middle of the crowd and turning in what I could while the group was picked off, till I was uncovered and also killed again.
    A little cowardly, I know, but I worked too hard on this event to let some power-leveling punk with his daddy's credit card (they know who they are) stop me from getting atleast something out of it, just because he wants to be in the rankings. (Even if it was just a few celest stones.lol) And I still have 798 red envelopes for next year's event. b:sin
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options
    (((hugs savini)))

I'm so so sorry you didn't get much. You can submit a ticket and yell at them. Or I can give them your name the next time I yell at them(which will be within the next 48 hours I think) to reward you in some way.

Their seemingly automated non-answers to tickets make me pretty freakinb:angry

You were one of the few that consistently worked your butt off in the last couple weeks, and see you get virtually nothing for it really irks me.

To anyone else with leftover envelopes, please don't trash them yet. Cuz again...yelling at customer service....

It's kinda like messin with sasquatch.b:chuckleb:shocked

Oh and when I say yelling, I mean explaining things with a lot of sarcasm and large, smart words. Not going all capslock rage and foul language. So don't anyone do that lol.
  • Savini - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options
    (hugs Alice back) Don't sweat it on my account, Alice.lol I was just happy that we finally got the beast to spawn after all this time. Granted, it would be nice for the ones who didn't make it to the NPC, or collected and couldn't be on for that 15 minutes, to have a chance to trade-in without interruption or death. As for me, I'd just like the time to actually read what the NPC was saying before I clicked it. Something about naming my first-born after Fuzzy I think. b:chuckle
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    (((hugs savini)))

I'm so so sorry you didn't get much. You can submit a ticket and yell at them. Or I can give them your name the next time I yell at them(which will be within the next 48 hours I think) to reward you in some way.

Their seemingly automated non-answers to tickets make me pretty freakinb:angry

You were one of the few that consistently worked your butt off in the last couple weeks, and see you get virtually nothing for it really irks me.

To anyone else with leftover envelopes, please don't trash them yet. Cuz again...yelling at customer service....

It's kinda like messin with sasquatch.b:chuckleb:shocked

Oh and when I say yelling, I mean explaining things with a lot of sarcasm and large, smart words. Not going all capslock rage and foul language. So don't anyone do that lol.

Good luck getting them to listen to you and *HOPEFULLY* moving momma beast into a safe zone.