How much did you profit from rememberance event?

Options

Comments

• Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

This prolly have already been posted over 9000 times during the last 4 years but I really think its time you thought of your European player base on the US servers too!

I am agree with it.

No game worth to be played during night (1 am - 5 am) time.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Timezones etc etc. It's at around 5 AM for me, no thanks.

To me, being excluded from an event is worse than having no event at all, so I give it a -5/10.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

WTB> events happening twice a day, 12h apart and you can only participate once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • BanMePls - Heavens Tear
    BanMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    300k c0in pr0fit.
  • dolomit
    dolomit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Nothing. As a level 30-99 toon I decided not to participate 'cause it was more profitable to me to grind than to do the event.

Same. This event was discriminating for lvl under 100 and for nonAmerican players.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Made about 35-40 mil but only participated 5 or so days because I was on vacation before that. Also got one of those mounts but being that A) it is ugly, B) it is slower than all of the ones my chars on that account have and C) it is very common in HT now, I will NPC it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    All I got from from this event was wasted time.
    This event was beyond boring. Even more so than rerunning the same instance repeatidly. Talk to NPC, Kill mob, farm 3 nodes. Then Talk to NPC, Kill mob, farm 3 nodes. Then Talk to NPC, Kill mob, farm 3 nodes. For almost 2 hours.
    I did it once, gained little to nothing (including very little in the way of fun) for the time put in and never did it again.
    Even if it had been fun with no profit, i would've done it again......
  • caleviel
    caleviel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    0 profit.

I can't be up until 3 am just to do an event. And before you say something about change to a European server, would you guys really give up on an almost 2 year old toon that you've spent endless hours + some rl cash on just to be able to do an event? Not to mention all my alts and the friends I've got during the past 3.5 years.

My suggestion is that if you're gonna host an event, make it twice a day but only let people join it ones. That way even if you happen to be in the perfect timezone to get it twice you won't profit any more then the person who can only do it ones.

And don't say that it would be hard to accomplish, cause its something that the GMs over here actually have power over. They can turn on/off events at their own liking.

This prolly have already been posted over 9000 times during the last 4 years but I really think its time you thought of your European player base on the US servers too!

+1

Been playing for almost 4 years. Dont tell me to change to European servers. b:angry
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    All I got from from this event was wasted time.
    This event was beyond boring. Even more so than rerunning the same instance repeatidly. Talk to NPC, Kill mob, farm 3 nodes. Then Talk to NPC, Kill mob, farm 3 nodes. Then Talk to NPC, Kill mob, farm 3 nodes. For almost 2 hours.
    I did it once, gained little to nothing (including very little in the way of fun) for the time put in and never did it again.
    Even if it had been fun with no profit, i would've done it again......

Yeah, the running around annoyed me so I started doing it a little different. I'd farm at the end of the event so that I started the next day with at least 45 wheat. Then I would just kill repeatedly until all the wheat was used, and then turn in all the envelopes. Get more wheat and kill more if time allowed, but generally the event went really fast on HT so I usually just farmed for the following day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    caleviel wrote: »
    +1

Been playing for almost 4 years. Dont tell me to change to European servers. b:angry

and who's fault is that?

there PWI servers that now spawn 9 timezones.
    If you live in a euro timezone and are conducting business with a company located in California (west servers) why would you expect things to operate on your schedule?

do people in hong kong expect the new york stock exchange to open for them, because it isnt fair that people who live in new york have an unfair advantage?

im sorry that the physics of the universe have created an inconvience for you, but if after 4 years the best solution you have come up with is to complain about it, maybe the problem is with you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Making me miss every single fun event, won't make/force me to re-roll to European server.
    and who's fault is that?

If you live in a euro timezone and are conducting business with a company located in California (west servers) why would you expect things to operate on your schedule?

do people in hong kong expect the new york stock exchange to open for them, because it isnt fair that people who live in new york have an unfair advantage?

im sorry that the physics of the universe have created an inconvience for you, but if after 4 years the best solution you have come up with is to complain about it, maybe the problem is with you.

Would you consider changing server after 2-3-4 years of playing on that one?
    I don't think so. -.-
  • Changuita - Harshlands
    Changuita - Harshlands Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I was one of the lucky ones on Harshlands from my faction that got some envelopes turned in. I got like 47 mil I think and some mirages. I still have a ton of envelopes to turn in though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I prob liked this event more than any other I have done over the years. I made like 50mil in card's, got the mount, and like 400 mirages. Not bad for not doing it every night.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Sweet Remembrance event has been extended to 10/9!
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Making me miss every single fun event, won't make/force me to re-roll to European server.

Would you consider changing server after 2-3-4 years of playing on that one?
    I don't think so. -.-

thanks for answering my question for me, and answering in agreement with the premise.

Its not like 8pm server time is a brand new time for holding events, thats been the time for tw since the servers opened. COA has been open for a couple years, 9pm server time, Dragon temple 8pm server, Tiger 9pm server time. tournament 8p server time. assault on arch 5/6pm server to 8/9pm server -when they have it.

the point is if I picked a server where I couldnt participate in events and I wanted to participate in events, I wouldnt have stayed on a server for 4 years not participating in events and complaining about. The premise of your question is false.

doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is insanity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

YES! THANK YOU<333333

BEST EVENT EVERb:dirty
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    i make better profit going to tiger/other event coa ect... but hey my luck sucks... i did this event maybe 3 times. no complain its a nice change.
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    and who's fault is that?

The European servers have been open since July 6, 2011.. I've been on DW since March 2009.. So your suggestion is to change server after that? Throw away all that hard work/all the friends I've made during that time just to participate in some event? Not to mention changing to a server where German or French are the main languages.

I do not care that much about the events. It's just that I think that since a big part of the European player base is playing the US servers and have been playing there for a long time it could be nice if they made events like this run twice a day. It's not like they have to have a GM online to run an event. And it wouldn't be hard to make it so that a player could only run it ones a day. Let the entire player base of a server able to participate in the fun.

If they don't want to do this, witch I assume they don't since they haven't done it yet, then fine! I've been doing fine without the events and will continue to do fine without them. It's just a bit sad to miss out of the fun, that's all.

But don't come and say that we should just go to the European servers and quit complaining, cause that is really not an option!
    but if after 4 years the best solution you have come up with is to complain about it, maybe the problem is with you.

So tell me, if switching servers isn't an option, what can we do? :S
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
    edited October 2012
    Options
    The European servers have been open since July 6, 2011.. I've been on DW since March 2009.. So your suggestion is to change server after that? Throw away all that hard work/all the friends I've made during that time just to participate in some event? Not to mention changing to a server where German or French are the main languages.

I do not care that much about the events. It's just that I think that since a big part of the European player base is playing the US servers and have been playing there for a long time it could be nice if they made events like this run twice a day. It's not like they have to have a GM online to run an event. And it wouldn't be hard to make it so that a player could only run it ones a day. Let the entire player base of a server able to participate in the fun.

If they don't want to do this, witch I assume they don't since they haven't done it yet, then fine! I've been doing fine without the events and will continue to do fine without them. It's just a bit sad to miss out of the fun, that's all.

But don't come and say that we should just go to the European servers and quit complaining, cause that is really not an option!

I wasnt saying gtfo to a euro server, i was saying that after 4 years of things being the way they are why would you expect a sudden shift to make events more accessable to euro time zone people (and therefore less accessable to people living in or near the servers timezone.

obviously my sentiments dont really apply to you since you dont really care about the events.

You've been playing here for years, and you are somewhat time excluded from events, thats just the way things are. If you are ok with that, great. if you aren't happy with the situation, why would you remain in the situation.

the somewhat plausible solution was suggested to hold an event multiple times but have some sort of daily pass, but this create a whole set of problems, alt account abuse, twice the amount of items/money entering the market each event, spiteful people ruining event at one time, etc. and the solution to the double items problem would be to cut the rewards in half each time, but this would just disadvantage people that are playing at the current intended times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • caleviel
    caleviel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

This is what i meant to say. b:thanks

I have managed so far without the events and thats ok. But events like this are to thank the players for playing this game and celebrate their 4th anniversary. Would just have been nice to be able to join the party ( for once). b:cute
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

Can you change it for a second COA or tiger event on HL pls?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Synster_Gate - Heavens Tear
    Synster_Gate - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Gm's Please take out the martial arts scroll and include an Ecstacy card instead so that us low lvl can also profit a bit from the event.
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Gm's Please take out the martial arts scroll and include an Ecstacy card instead so that us low lvl can also profit a bit from the event.

1 million gold alone is way too much for a low level to make in one sitting (IE: below 45.) Especially via events.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    1 million gold alone is way too much for a low level to make in one sitting (IE: below 45.) Especially via events.

I think it'd be okay, it's like one piece of armor or a 79 skill. Maybe a piece of fashion. As long as it wasn't like a weekly event, but rather these once a year type things. Perhaps not with sweet remembrance though, it's a bit too spammable. The cube already can give a low level (40+) a million coins if they are lucky enough to get the card, so it's not like it hasn't been done before. So it can be done right, just would take good balancing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I have only done it the 1st two days so far, but I got one Excitement card each day.

Once I learned how low the chance of getting the mount was, and actually saw how ugly it is in game I stopped doing it.

Also, I haven't been logged in for more than 15 minutes a day since BL2 arrived b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Altairego - Heavens Tear
    Altairego - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    got nothing except some useless fantasy fruitsb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NobueItoh - Dreamweaver
    NobueItoh - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Nothing, since that event is pretty much useless for anyone below level 100.
  • r34p3r1
    r34p3r1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    i made over 350mil+ this event is a bit OP i think it needs nerfed i know its just for anni thing but it was ran way to long
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    r34p3r1 wrote: »
    i made over 350mil+ this event is a bit OP i think it needs nerfed i know its just for anni thing but it was ran way to long

From this event alone you made 350m+!? What was your strategy for farming enough envelopes to get enough attempts for 350m+?
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    From this event alone you made 350m+!? What was your strategy for farming enough envelopes to get enough attempts for 350m+?

This ad infinitum
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.