How much did you profit from rememberance event?

Options
Cathulion - Dreamweaver
Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
The event is officially over until who knows when again. And also what did you think of this event? Had fun?

I made about 35-40million(considering mirage prices on top of coin cards) and the mount. I had a lot of fun doing this with my friends and wifey and in the end made more then I expected. I hope we can have more events like these!

10/10 I rate this event from my own personal experience.
Post edited by Cathulion - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Luen - Dreamweaver
    Luen - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    About 60m only on cards, don't really remember how many mirages, and got one mount too. Q('~'Q)

I'll miss this event.
    [add image here]
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I only did the event once (or twice, can't remember), closer toward the end when I was waiting for a movie to download. For 40 minutes of doing nothing but digging and flying back and forth, I made around 20m. Wish I had the motivation to do it every day, could have gotten those nirvy pants already. ;~; b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I profited none, I couldn't get wheat fast enough the second day on. I didn't choose the items / etc. from the event either, and I only got 14 envelopes anyway since the first day wasn't all that great to get wheat either for me (I'm a slow clicker :P)

In closing, I didn't do the event really at all.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    9m and qq for the ages.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • athenenoctua
    athenenoctua Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Nothing. As a level 30-99 toon I decided not to participate 'cause it was more profitable to me to grind than to do the event.
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    50+ mill. b:cute ty GM's for fun event.
  • Nya_Cleric - Heavens Tear
    Nya_Cleric - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I didn't really make money per-say, but I did get showered in Experience and spirit, I got at least five levels from two days of the event, mixed with the Long Tideborne Chain quest, I quickly got my character fairly high, which is nice!

Unfortunately, I missed a decent portion of the event due to computer problems b:cry

Oh well! I had fun while I was doing it, even if it did get fairly boring at times while grinding wheat and meats b:thanks
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I got a ton of chips and about 300k in mirages. Bad luck, so what.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I got a ton of chips and about 300k in mirages. Bad luck, so what.

Indeed, the most important thing is the "I enjoyed it" feeling. Sure, you could have done the event and tried to mosey your way through the hordes of people. But I liked watching the chaos that ensued :P
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • temptress666
    temptress666 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    The event is officially over until who knows when again. And also what did you think of this event? Had fun?

I made about 35-40million(considering mirage prices on top of coin cards) and the mount. I had a lot of fun doing this with my friends and wifey and in the end made more then I expected. I hope we can have more events like these!

I had a hard time trying to find a squad, so I went to solo a wolly and was almost halfway done when I had a player take over and bully me off. I gave up on the event and used the dumplings to turn into a little kid in town and freak people out!!! I figured I eserved at least a laugh out of all my work...QQ. Due to this issue, I would like to discuss a way to make it against terms of service to do that. An accident is one thing, with the best settings it can happen, but to knowingly, or repeatedly kill steal should be in game illegal. Obviously a sin will kill faster than a veno at least most of the time...I never stood a chance.b:angryb:surrenderb:cry
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I had a hard time trying to find a squad, so I went to solo a wolly and was almost halfway done when I had a player take over and bully me off. I gave up on the event and used the dumplings to turn into a little kid in town and freak people out!!! I figured I eserved at least a laugh out of all my work...QQ. Due to this issue, I would like to discuss a way to make it against terms of service to do that. An accident is one thing, with the best settings it can happen, but to knowingly, or repeatedly kill steal should be in game illegal. Obviously a sin will kill faster than a veno at least most of the time...I never stood a chance.b:angryb:surrenderb:cry

What server are you on? I'm curious. Just because while my little level 3x mystic on Heaven's Tear never got a squad and wasn't able to fly very fast on account she's using the free flyer, she nevertheless made about 10-20 envelopes per day I ran the event. he first day I didn't know the luck prizes were so good, so I turned it all into exp/spirit. The other two days I ran it, I had horrendous luck. I had to strategize to get ahead though. I moved all the way to the furthest end from Tellus that the mobs still spawned, so there wasn't a lot of people. I camped wheat spawn zones and used dumplings when I had competition to get to the spawn point before they did since i have no mount. I could turn in about 3-5 coins per dumpling, so I the other ones I saved to move around faster.

Of course none of that would've worked on a PvP server. :\ And the events mobs can't be really kill stealed, nobody owns an area. First hit makes it your mob, considering they were one shots. Next time, camp a spawn point and set your pet to defend.

On my sin (100 btw), it was super easy but I only did it like twice. :P Since I haven't been really been playing the DW server much. Couldn't be arsed to do it so many times, considering my poor luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Hmm, only tried this seven out of all the days, listing my rewards below.

First off, I like the event overall. I don't like the step-by-step instructions. I participated second night it was up (before it was temporarily down) and figured it out fine. There are so many in-game tools (co-ordinate assitant, Encyclopedia>NPC, quest window links) that can help people figure things out. Shouldn't take anyone who can read more than 30 seconds a stage first time through to figure the 'whats' out. (Hows can be a different matter)

I really appreciate how the rewards tend to reflect the amount of work a player puts in. Unlike events like Arch Assault, where you kinda want to be L50+ the rewards are actually worthwhile for lower players. Players not quite to L100 may disagree with the rewards those players got, but since they also had to fight a much tougher monster, my lowly perspective still thinks the rewards are worth it.

I realize some lag is inevitable with so many participants, but it was rather frustrating to wait for a turn-in quest to complete. Another tedious bits were having to go through two whole sets of dialogue for Elder Tang, if he also had a single quest, wouldn't it halve the amount of times the server is called?

Also since I did the event both early and late on the calendar, I much preferred the more leisurely pace early on. I realize everyone is hurrying to get our own share, and there isn't a good way to scale the amount of candy dynamically to the number of players, unless there can somehow be a minimum time (hour? half-hour?) before the candy starts actually being tallied.

So Tallies for my less than L70 character(yeah I'm lame enough to tally):
    Envelope
    Mirage---M.A.Scroll---M.Chip---F.Fruit---Whoops(XP/SP straight option)
    Day 1--?
    ?
    1(x5)
    Day 2--104*
    Day 3--76
    Day 4--74
    Day 5--34
    Day 6--48
    Day 7--46

Eh, mental math, may be off on those final numbers.
    *Had turn in quest from day before so one less than #of envelopes were tallied

Also while I was insane on Day 2(when so few people even knew of the event), I still managed a couple minutes to spare turning them in. Days 3 & 4 I only tried for 30 candy/60 env. and only 20 candies on days 6 & 7.

Whether it was profitable or not, I will make use of the items I don't have much other means to get. But more than that, I had FUN, which trumps coin any day ^________^

Also a great big thanks to those people out there who killed the Sugar Rushed Bongso! Couldn't do this without you :)
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I made about 120m total. I averaged like 70 envelopes per day which made on average around 12m. I got the ugly mount on the second to last day too.

This event added a surprisingly large amount of coins to economy:
    If it takes 2012 candies to spawn the boss thats 4098 envelopes.
    Every 5 of those that are turned in gives about 750k in coins or mirage on average.
    Every day adds 4098/5 * 750k = 615 million coins which is much more than TW adds in a week. I'm ignoring the lower levels that did the event though so that value is probably about 15% too high so it should probably be like 520m per day.
    This was up for 2 weeks so thats 14*615m = 7.3 billion coins
    Thats quite a lot of coins to put in a server... almost enough to buy a single r9 second cast set!
    Ohh well, I'm glad I was able to accumulate 1.6% of the total payout.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Hi everyone,

the Remembrance event has been well received overall (we understand there were some problems on some servers). We're going to keep this event going for a bit longer.

Cheers,
    Genotype
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
    edited October 2012
    Options
    genotypist wrote: »
    hi Everyone,

The Remembrance Event Has Been Well Received Overall (we Understand There Were Some Problems On Some Servers). We're Going To Keep This Event Going For A Bit Longer.

Cheers,
    Genotype

Woot! How long exactly?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012
    Options
    hi Everyone,

The Remembrance Event Has Been Well Received Overall (we Understand There Were Some Problems On Some Servers). We're Going To Keep This Event Going For A Bit Longer.

Cheers,
    Genotype

Thank You!<3
  • XShui - Lost City
    XShui - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    idk even what this rememberance event is.
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Woot! How long exactly?

I can't say, sorry. Not my call.
    Just enjoy it while it lasts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012
    Options
    idk even what this rememberance event is.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=685161
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I can't say, sorry. Not my call.
    Just enjoy it while it lasts.

Well thank you for the update and letting us know you can't say. I appreciate it. I really, really do. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I made zero coins....why?............because i'm in UK, so i refuse to get up at stupid o'clock ( 3am ) just to play a game.

Alot of my friends in RL want to play as they say this game looks awesome, but won't because most of the 'bonus quests' are in the middle of the night
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    There was a new event!?
    What?
    Where?
    I've been hiding in NV and HH all this time! D:
  • XShui - Lost City
    XShui - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

As always during such events my profit is equal to 0.

0/10 I rate this event from my own personal experience.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Only 14m, but i did like 10 minutes of the event on 4 days, i know i'm on pvp server and know that would be a waste to do it, so i didn't waste my time on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I'm on Harshlands too so 0 coins. Not to mention wrong time of day for me; got pk'd too much and gave up; on one occasion I did find one of the beasts alone so I solo'd it on my seeker and took fricking ages. Hey Genotypist how about bringing back fairy boxes for single mode tt so everyone can make some money, not just OP 100+.

(I know I'm 100+ but I aint OP)
  • ridelia
    ridelia Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I was getting around 40-60 enveloped per day but since I am in 30-99 lvl range I was just changing them for exp (I wish I could get some money but I heard low lvls don't get cash for the envelopes). I gained like 10 lvls between 50-80 jst for it (I was doing bhs, Arch invasion and quests at the time too so I can't know how much exp I got from the envelopes for sure. But there was a day or two when I got like 110% just for turning envelopes).
    edited October 2012
    Options
    ridelia wrote: »
    I was getting around 40-60 enveloped per day but since I am in 30-99 lvl range I was just changing them for exp (I wish I could get some money but I heard low lvls don't get cash for the envelopes). I gained like 10 lvls between 50-80 jst for it (I was doing bhs, Arch invasion and quests at the time too so I can't know how much exp I got from the envelopes for sure. But there was a day or two when I got like 110% just for turning envelopes).

You get mirages though, which you can turn into coins. These are the prizes for 30+. I had been hoping for a mount on HT since I have neither a mount or a flyer on that server, but alas I didn't get it. Seein those odds though, I see that my facmate just got really really lucky. I didn't think the rate was that bad compared to 100. QQ Although now seeing the rates, I see now that I got pretty lucky too. I only got a couple of fruit, mostly got chips/mirages. :D
    Machinated Terror Egg (0.05%)
    Mysterious Chip 10-Pack (10%)
    Mirage Celestone Pack (10) (14.95%)
    Martial Arts Scroll (15%)
    Fantasy Fruit (60%)

The 100+ Prize.
    PW Databse wrote:
    Machinated Terror Egg (0.5%)
    Ecstasy Card Ticket Exchange (20%)
    Excitement Card (9.5%)
    Mysterious Chip 10-Pack (30%)
    Mirage Celestone Pack (10) (30%)
    Fortification Draught - 5 (10%)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    0 profit.

I can't be up until 3 am just to do an event. And before you say something about change to a European server, would you guys really give up on an almost 2 year old toon that you've spent endless hours + some rl cash on just to be able to do an event? Not to mention all my alts and the friends I've got during the past 3.5 years.

My suggestion is that if you're gonna host an event, make it twice a day but only let people join it ones. That way even if you happen to be in the perfect timezone to get it twice you won't profit any more then the person who can only do it ones.

And don't say that it would be hard to accomplish, cause its something that the GMs over here actually have power over. They can turn on/off events at their own liking.

This prolly have already been posted over 9000 times during the last 4 years but I really think its time you thought of your European player base on the US servers too!
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    0 profit.

I can't be up until 3 am just to do an event. And before you say something about change to a European server, would you guys really give up on an almost 2 year old toon that you've spent endless hours + some rl cash on just to be able to do an event? Not to mention all my alts and the friends I've got during the past 3.5 years.

My suggestion is that if you're gonna host an event, make it twice a day but only let people join it ones. That way even if you happen to be in the perfect timezone to get it twice you won't profit any more then the person who can only do it ones.

And don't say that it would be hard to accomplish, cause its something that the GMs over here actually have power over. They can turn on/off events at their own liking.

This prolly have already been posted over 9000 times during the last 4 years but I really think its time you thought of your European player base on the US servers too!

+1 to this. Even though I live in North America, the event is pretty late for me, so having an option of choosing a different time would be nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0