Botting

Options
Thunderbow - Momaganon
Thunderbow - Momaganon Posts: 85 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
so there is someone botting on momgamnon server so what should i do about it ? i know for sure hes botting cuzhes stuck.......... and keeps healing himself spark and healing himself while 1000 mobs attacking him
Post edited by Thunderbow - Momaganon on

Comments

• kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Record a video of it and submit a ticket with the link provided by uploading it to a private youtube link that can only be viewed by sharing the link in the ticket. That's how I report them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • iexze
    iexze Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Send in a support ticket
  • ZPurpz - Heavens Tear
    ZPurpz - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    yea theres a sin on HT bottin anytime you go to sandsong ruins there she is same pattern i check and watch every day and if i kill in front of her she trys to pic up drops lol
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Report them through the ticket system. REPORT THEM NOW!! Better yet, report them yesterday!!! b:angry
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Just in case you don't have a video recording program, you can take a bunch of screenshots of the bots (make sure the name of the bots and the location/coordinates shown clearly on the screenshots) and then send them together via ticket.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2012
    Options
    The X-Fire app has a decent built-in recorder that will also automatically encode and upload the videos for you.

I found one in Heaven the other day. It was fun to just nuke the mobs before he got to them. I did this for a while then got bored.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Drop stacks of 1 coin and lead him to a WB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited September 2012
    Options

Tis a shame, as Fuzzy has brought up with the folks at HQ over and over again, WB's basically dont exist anymore due to the few who hold that monopoly. b:shutup
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

hahaha xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    You can't be serious... when's the last time you saw a world boss?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited September 2012
    Options
    As the panda said...
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Licancura - Archosaur
    Licancura - Archosaur Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    You can't be serious... when's the last time you saw a world boss?

Actually, I saw several lately, and I even meet Harpy Wraith. She deal to me over 28K damage, and I only have 3691HP. b:cry
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    so there is someone botting on momgamnon server so what should i do about it ? i know for sure hes botting cuzhes stuck.......... and keeps healing himself spark and healing himself while 1000 mobs attacking him

Don,T bother reporting them, it's usless. At best they will be served a few day of bans.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • FayHumming - Dreamweaver
    FayHumming - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

b:chuckle why not join dark side, where botter can beat casher
    the survival of the fittest

-Thx all suport sell me SoW for 5M b:thanks tome/ring
    !!!SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
  • Mr_Kinetic - Harshlands
    Mr_Kinetic - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    To be honest, nobody will do anything even if you report them. Me and some of my friends reported (screenshots, sometimes even videos were included) same botters several times, yet I still see them running around and botting, especially now when it's double drops event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I agree with other posters. They say botting is a big problem and they change the game to make it worse for botters (and honest players too) but they never do anything about them in game. Reported a few and even confessions in chat but nothing is done. I know of someone who brags about using bots on Momagannon but no tickets seem to be enough to get him banned on main, alts or bots.
  • NakedGirl - Heavens Tear
    NakedGirl - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Yeah I ran into a bot on Heaven's Tear the other day while on my BM. I didn't know what a bot was at the time, so I world chatted this persons name cause they kept KS me and trying to take my drops. They wouldn't reply to me either so I world chatted and had several people pm me back that it was a bot and even told me where I was fighting at. So I now know that it was a bot and what to look for. I used my GM button to report this person as I am not very computer savy outside the game. Just hope something gets done about it.

Thanks to all the Mods. and GM's out there that do their best to make our gaming experience better.
    Helping those who help themselves... NakedGirl 103 cleric Heaven's Tear. b:kissb:bye
  • dekombee
    dekombee Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    how do you report now a day?
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    After leveling my blacksmithing to 7 today, I'm not so sure about botting being so harmful to the economy. At least they do the farming for crafting materials that nobody else wants to do b:chuckle

Oh well, it probably wouldn't be that great if it blew all out of proportion like in China, either.
    dekombee wrote: »
    how do you report now a day?

Through a ticket.

There is also a ''report hacking'' button when you right click someone, but I doubt it actually does anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dekombee
    dekombee Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    After leveling my blacksmithing to 7 today, I'm not so sure about botting being so harmful to the economy. At least they do the farming for crafting materials that nobody else wants to do b:chuckle

Oh well, it probably wouldn't be that great if it blew all out of proportion like in China, either.

Through a ticket.

There is also a ''report hacking'' button when you right click someone, but I doubt it actually does anything.

Yes, I tried that. If I click "report violation", it brings the page to question/answer. If I click on Contact Us, it bring to a format similar to the old ticketing system, but I am not sure if that's where it suppose to go. b:sad
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

That picture is nothing compared to the armies I saw on pwcn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kriegerseele
    kriegerseele Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    some months ago i reported some botter too...
    pwi do nothing.

u can wrote some tickets....they take weeks to answer u and then they ask for more info r dont understand what im talking.

best example was i reported with screen, some shops on RG selling **** charms.
    the ones were dropped before they gone and had left some small amount of energy.
    like guardian charm 1.2m hp normaly and the ne they sell had only 100k or so left...

by using google to search a answer for me how that goes, i found a message board were ppl uploaded a small tool to drop those charms, u normaly cant remove after u wear it.

i wrote this all pwi...they dont understand b:laugh

and the botters on RG are every day there.
    a gm just need to take a look in the mats shops, so much have 100+ mats from the same type.
    every day again.

or same on dq items...no matter if its 2xdrop or not.
    or look in the shops at the apo who selling herbs.
    dont tell me there real ppl who collect 2.000 or more herbs from 1 type.

i see those shops since i start playing here, 2 years ago...

1 time a gm response on a "player use ****" or so ingame report.
    i show him how the player is botting....insta kill his mobs and watching him same time ever and ever standing for drobs he cant get....then attacking next mob.

gm do nothing...

and now the real best...!
    i farm some hours for mats...then i got a private chat message from a GM
    i click on the name and try to answer him and CANT.
    i try this 2-3 times, then he beam me up to a place i dont know and start talking to him in NORMAL chat...explain him i cant answer him wen i press the GM in the privat chat to answer.
    like u normaly did, wen a player is calling u.

after that and what he talk to me, i got offline and loose the fun to play this day.

hey, i try to help so often PWI and then i got suspected by farming some mats and had luck not to get a bann, because im so stupid and try to answer in private mode a GM.
    maybe some of u know this, u cant answer private if the message come from player GM.

since then i never reported any one...if the bots now nerv me on my questing or so, i pull a mini boss to them and have fun see them dying b:victory
    Looking for another "Fair for All" Game now...
  • Jax - Momaganon
    Jax - Momaganon Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Nice comments all, but Thunderbow is on Momag where 1)WB do exist and 2)the GMs actually DO something when you ticket.

Screenshot and file a ticket hon, through the German ticketing system (you can ticket in english) and they'll take care of it.

Cya ingame.

jax
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    Lillemy - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    To be honest when it comes to boting. I don't care. Everything worth anything is in the cash shop anyway so in-game cash is worth nothing, and if some one boting for levels, who cares. If PWE thought it was bad they would have in game GM's to investigate. I don't see any reason to use my time to get them for PWE
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    To be honest when it comes to boting. I don't care. Everything worth anything is in the cash shop anyway so in-game cash is worth nothing, and if some one boting for levels, who cares. If PWE thought it was bad they would have in game GM's to investigate. I don't see any reason to use my time to get them for PWE

Except that you can buy gold with your game coins.
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Except that you can buy gold with your game coins.

So? I'm sure it hurts PWE's wallet, but it has no effect on the game
  • augustfinknottle
    edited October 2012
    Options
    So? I'm sure it hurts PWE's wallet, but it has no effect on the game

If you mean there's no effect on the game working and stuff like that, true. But it does affect the game's economy (inflation, for example). Also, it gives botters an unfair advantage over farmers/merchants.

It's like hacking: it has no effect on the game itself, but it affects negatively the **** person. The main difference between botting and hacking is that when you bot you affect everyone's game experience a little. When you ****, you affect a single person's game experience a lot. In the end, both have negative effects on those who are playing fair.
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    If you mean there's no effect on the game working and stuff like that, true. But it does affect the game's economy (inflation, for example). Also, it gives botters an unfair advantage over farmers/merchants.

It's like hacking: it has no effect on the game itself, but it affects negatively the **** person. The main difference between botting and hacking is that when you bot you affect everyone's game experience a little. When you ****, you affect a single person's game experience a lot. In the end, both have negative effects on those who are playing fair.

It has no effect on the games economy. The gold had to come from somewhere.
    Someone had to get the gold with real cash.
    It has no effect at all.
    Bot or not. The gold would still be in game. If it gives the bot an unfair advantage or not, who cares?
    The only thing it effects is people that want to show off their credit card use.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

I know it's much worse, but it was the best Google Images could offer me b:chuckle
    It has no effect at all.
    Bot or not. The gold would still be in game. If it gives the bot an unfair advantage or not, who cares?
    The only thing it effects is people that want to show off their credit card use.

Coins also have to come from somewhere. We've seen it with inflation due to Tokens of Best Luck, the value of coins dropped dramatically and the price of gold went up with it.

Botting does have an effect on the economy because they generate coins through drops and DQ's, it's just that this effect is currently not even near noticeable because the amount of bots active at any given time can be counted on one hand, while Tokens of Best Luck are being generated every few minutes (just one ToBL would be worth several hours of botting).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • augustfinknottle
    edited October 2012
    Options
    It has no effect at all.

Basic economy: when money is created out of the blue, it generates inflation. People put gold in AH, alright. But the PRICE of that gold is directly affect by how much people have to spend on game coins to buy that gold. Naturally, if someone is botting - that is, they can make coins out of nowhere - they're most likely to have a very high temporal prefferences (as in, they would rather have something ASAP instead of investing and waiting for prices to low). That means they won't mind being overcharged.

Therefore, they are prone to paying more per item than cash shoppers, farmers and merchants, because their coins come out of the blue with zero effort either in real life or in game. So, if they want to buy 9 cube necklaces to make a G16, and market price is ~120 million, they will go around west arch and buy all the cube stamps they find, thus making it scarce, and further increasing its price. It may happen every now and then with a merchant, but it's a risky thing to do, so buying out all the event items is not a common market strategy for merchants.

Cash shoppers are actually BENEFITED by botters, in a way. When botters want to buy gold, they'll just go there and buy, instead of gamble and bid just above current higher. That makes gold prices rise.

The ones who don't cash nor bot are the ones who are most affected by botting downsides.