Botting

Options
2»

Comments

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    August is 100% on the money (pun intended), it's all about the supply of coin, gold, and the items people want.

I actually watched DoDs take a permanent 7-10m hike in price after someone, whom I will never forgive but won't name, bought the 50ish DoDs that were on sale in Arch at any price the people were asking (there was over 50 the day before, I was keeping track of pricing as I was after them too).

Coin works exactly the same as described, there was a 100k hike in gold price since the Anni event went fully live. If were all right, it should drop 100k (or more) shortly after its over.

I still believe the money events (BH, Current Anni Event, Arch Assault) affect the economy more than the botters. We just dont have enough botters on our side of the ocean.

But I can say that PWI does not take enough action against said botters - every single one I've sent a ticket in on back in the day has yet to receive a reply and some are still around. Heck we've still got shops trying to pass off Lunar mats as Vit stones on HT. Nerfing drops and DQ values will not fix any of this, it will just move the botters and scammers to another crop.

There needs to be active enforcement, not reactive changing of the landscape. Eventually nothing with NPC for money, and every item that drops off mobs will be bound.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    KawaiiJen wrote: »
    Record a video of it and submit a ticket with the link provided by uploading it to a private youtube link that can only be viewed by sharing the link in the ticket. That's how I report them.

What's the point to waste the time? We will get something..? I remember, 3 years ago, when I saw first bot, I reported that character and after 5min. GM came to that place, he checked
    that player and banned him. These days, no more GMs online, if you got some problems, then you need to spend time for tickets and wait for answers (1-4 weeks). Today, I found 2 bots (in Desert Sea), I was keep killing them or making them to die by mobs, but after dead, they recover their HP and came back to same spot. Then I made them to fall down and stuck. Sure, I reported them, but blahh... Next time I'll record them...Maybe... b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    What's the point to waste the time? We will get something..? I remember, 3 years ago, when I saw first bot, I reported that character and after 5min. GM came to that place, he checked
    that player and banned him. These days, no more GMs online, if you got some problems, then you need to spend time for tickets and wait for answers (1-4 weeks). Today, I found 2 bots (in Desert Sea), I was keep killing them or making them to die by mobs, but after dead, they recover their HP and came back to same spot. Then I made them to fall down and stuck. Sure, I reported them, but blahh... Next time I'll record them...Maybe... b:bye

I talked to frankie about it. They don't want to just perma ban first time offenders for a minor offense and stuff. But if it is a repeat offense then greater consequences will ensue. So don't stop submitting if you see them come back and do it again. The next time they just might lose that or all affiliated accounts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?