Faction Logo Transparency

2»

Comments

• sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Well, 16 bit is still 65,536 colors and that should be enough. The easiest way for us to make a transparent logo is to let us use another format like Targa.
    Or anything else that use alpha channel than BMP...
    Actually, the file all of these logos end up getting stored in is a single transparent DDS (DirectDraw Surface) image with the various faction logos tiled in it.

Edit: These steps, along with the new icon submission method, are now all up on the wiki here: How to Get a Faction Icon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • bradys106
    bradys106 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    What program did you use to make your Faction icon??
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    bradys106 wrote: »
    What program did you use to make your Faction icon??
    Photoshop, as mentioned in the How to Get a Faction Icon guide and several places in this thread.

Also, please do not necro. Posting in threads have have been dead for over 30 days is frowned upon here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • _Kish_ - Sanctuary
    _Kish_ - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Has anyone else done with without using CS4 i don't have it and can't afford it, the software i do have (Paint Shop Pro) does not support this ><

You could always download the trial or find an illegal version - but I recommend the trial. b:laugh
    Thank you to Silvychar for my lovely signature. ^^
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    /closed for necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
This discussion has been closed.