What TW guild to join?

Options
XShui - Lost City
XShui - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Dawnglory (EU)
Im a level 100 bm and Im looking for a helpful TW guild.
Though there are so many TW guilds on Harshlands that I can't really decide.
From the outsite they all look alike to me.
Post edited by XShui - Lost City on

Comments

• John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Anything but Crimson.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Don't forget to apply with a fist build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • XShui - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Don't forget to apply with a fist build.
    Im full BM; all 4 wep paths.
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Since only a very few minority of the playerbase use the forums, the opinions you get may be strongly biased.

The best suggestion I can advise is to ask to contact a high ranking officer of some tw factions(Marshal or higher) and ask questions that tailor to what you're looking for in a TW faction and go from there.

Most of them will require you to apply and review how you stand with other players + gear + etc and then do a formal interview and then either invite or decline you.

Good luck to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • XShui - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Options
    KawaiiJen wrote: »
    Since only a very few minority of the playerbase use the forums, the opinions you get may be strongly biased.

The best suggestion I can advise is to ask to contact a high ranking officer of some tw factions(Marshal or higher) and ask questions that tailor to what you're looking for in a TW faction and go from there.

Most of them will require you to apply and review how you stand with other players + gear + etc and then do a formal interview and then either invite or decline you.

Good luck to you.

I already asked around ingame. There are a few guilds Im thinking about to join like Sacrament or AtmosFear but from the outsite they look pretty much alike.

Agony of choice...
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I already asked around ingame. There are a few guilds Im thinking about to join like Sacrament or AtmosFear but from the outsite they look pretty much alike.

Agony of choice...

Then ask friends and other factions what your opinion are about them. I expect you'll receive some negativity which you should. No one person/faction is perfect.

I myself was factionless from TW for almost 5 months because I was busy doing research on the tw factions and tried to find one that appealed to my interests.

Don't rush your decision. And if you don't like your choice you can always politely tell them it isn't what you were looking for and leave. However give the faction at least a week and see if your opinion changes first otherwise they will think negativity about you for "hopping" and "not giving the faction a chance" which I see happen ALL the time. Also this is a number 1 pet peeve I have. If you ask for help don't expect 20 people to stop what they are doing to help. I HATE when people do that and expect people to serve them and when they get no one they leave. If you ask and no one is available to help you, see if you can work with them to set up a time where you can get help. People will work with you if you can work with them.

Sorry... anyways. Best of luck to you and have fun where ever you decide to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    KawaiiJen wrote: »

Wrong answer, CrimsonJr is best guild.
    Scientifically proven.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    What is your definition of a helpful TW guild? U mean one that gives u free stuff? lol
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Im a level 100 bm and Im looking for a helpful TW guild.
    Though there are so many TW guilds on Harshlands that I can't really decide.
    From the outsite they all look alike to me.

IDK from looking at your gears, you're probably not going to get into any "serious" TW war guild. However I can give you some recommendations based on your gear and personality.

If you like helping SyntherosX with random useless stuff he spams in GC all day, join BankaiGod. If your game system cannot tolerate or render fireworks effects, join Mayhem. If you like to be afk all day with 8 other online but afk players, join Kylin. Finally Omerta is a very good choice if you have a lot of money and desire to fund the guild officers' fashion fund.

That's really all the suggestions I can offer, hope that was helpful, and GL with your TW faction search.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • TheDendra - Harshlands
    TheDendra - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    It also comes down to which faction suits which personality, in some factions you'll be annoying, in others a jester or a hero, so find the one that tolerates you and knock your socks off.
    edited September 2012
    Options

Agony of choice...

No offense to both of them but they will be out of the map soon, they are not serious strong TW faction, if really you want TW i would forget those faction. They are the kind of little faction that bid on a empty map then after that stop bid and lose lands to the real TW faction than wait 6 month to bid again on a empty map. (there's about 6-7 serious TW fact on the map atm on 25.)

Majority of serious TW faction you will need to apply unless have a great friend with a title and can invite you, if i was you i would pick a faction that was at least on the map of the last month before reset.

I don't say that to be mean to the little faction, often the ambiance is more ''smooth'' in small faction, but they are not serious in TW, so it's your choice, TW or helpful faction, as many big TW faction are too busy PvP and afk in south to be helpful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    To be honest none of our factions REALLY know wtf they're doing.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

Well put
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XShui - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I still can't decide really...My gear is decent I guess. http://pwcalc.com/4669ba391195f3fd farming for Deicide atm.

Their leaders aren't really able to tell me what differs them from other guilds. <.<
    DarkEvil, Sacrament, Capitol, Mayhem, Kylin, Crime, AtmosFear ...
    They all frickin alike to me -.-
  • Paulrogers - Harshlands
    Paulrogers - Harshlands Posts: 653 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I still can't decide really...My gear is decent I guess. http://pwcalc.com/4669ba391195f3fd farming for Deicide atm.

Their leaders aren't really able to tell me what differs them from other guilds. <.<
    DarkEvil, Sacrament, Capitol, Mayhem, Kylin, Crime, AtmosFear ...
    They all frickin alike to me -.-

flawless shards are nice because they don't have flaws
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

That sort of gear won't get you into most guilds. It's really bad.

Aim for this at least: http://pwcalc.com/90b8604ce2254cc1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • XShui - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Options
    flawless shards are nice because they don't have flaws

Flawless shards suck cuz they will make my endgame gear yuck.

Saving up for perfect citrine shards which I can't afford, yet.
    That sort of gear won't get you into most guilds. It's really bad.

Aim for this at least: http://pwcalc.com/90b8604ce2254cc1

This is what I meant with helpfull guild so they might help me to farm that.
    As axes I use Morai 95 ones +3 http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/33519
    No way for me to afford that, yet. Got like 12m atm as I said Im saving up for Deicides as priority #1.

All guilds I talked to didn't mind really about my current gear anyway.
    edited September 2012
    Options

This is what I meant with helpfull guild so they might help me to farm that.
    As axes I use Morai 95 ones +3 http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/33519
    No way for me to afford that, yet. Got like 12m atm as I said Im saving up for Deicides as priority #1.

All guilds I talked to didn't mind really about my current gear anyway.

Don't go in a too big faction if you want one helpful. Maybe go in a helpful faction than after go in a TW one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• XShui - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Don't go in a too big faction if you want one helpful. Maybe go in a helpful faction than after go in a TW one.

Both in 1 would be optimal. I can take Capitol out of the list.
    A friend is in it and he says he mostly gets ignored when asking for help.
  • Paulrogers - Harshlands
    Paulrogers - Harshlands Posts: 653 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

Don't go g9/perfect the price difference from g8 to g9 is really not worth it, just use g8 till you can farm for some op g11 etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Both in 1 would be optimal.

Won't really happen. The guilds that are more centered towards gearing you for the most basic things (tt99 gear and such) aren't really TW capable after about two or three months into the reset because they just get rolled by TW guilds with more people+gear+sometimes strategy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Both in 1 would be optimal. I can take Capitol out of the list.
    A friend is in it and he says he mostly gets ignored when asking for help.

Capitol is more helpful than biggest TW faction trust me (i have a char there). No idea what your friend didn't get help, maybe he's new or maybe keep asking for help constantly. Sometime i'm in cube busy and log a alt to help people with stuff while doing cube, so maybe your friend ask for too much and get mad to don't get stuff.

Some people join a faction than ask a free FC after 2 mintes in the faction and if they get a no they leave saying the faction is not helpful.

DarkEvil are a joke TW faction, no idea if they are helpful, Sacrament same as DarkEvil, Capitol already said about it, Mayhem They have their place on the map, no idea if they are helpful, Kylin .... well someone said on previous post they don't help and it's someone from kylin so i guess he know what he speaking about, Crime... too new to be serious TW faction, no idea about helpful, AtmosFear .... same as Darkevil, in 2-3 weeks they will out of map for 6 months.

I don't want to be mean some little faction are great, but not enough to be a solid TW faction, the biggest TW faction are not helpful, i know i'm in one (not the Capitol one), Eoria and Burnout are also in big TW faction and agree to say you can't find a helpful serious TW faction on HL atm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• XShui - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Capitol is more helpful than biggest TW faction trust me (i have a char there). No idea what your friend didn't get help, maybe he's new or maybe keep asking for help constantly. Sometime i'm in cube busy and log a alt to help people with stuff while doing cube, so maybe your friend ask for too much and get mad to don't get stuff.

Some people join a faction than ask a free FC after 2 mintes in the faction and if they get a no they leave saying the faction is not helpful.

DarkEvil are a joke TW faction, no idea if they are helpful, Sacrament same as DarkEvil, Capitol already said about it, Mayhem They have their place on the map, no idea if they are helpful, Kylin .... well someone said on previous post they don't help and it's someone from kylin so i guess he know what he speaking about, Crime... too new to be serious TW faction, no idea about helpful, AtmosFear .... same as Darkevil, in 2-3 weeks they will out of map for 6 months.

I don't want to be mean some little faction are great, but not enough to be a solid TW faction, the biggest TW faction are not helpful, i know i'm in one (not the Capitol one), Eoria and Burnout are also in big TW faction and agree to say you can't find a helpful serious TW faction on HL atm.

Now several ppl from Capitol such as Simoniscool and Chillar told me they get ignored everytime they need help.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Now several ppl from Capitol such as Simoniscool and Chillar told me they get ignored everytime they need help.

It's because they don't have any ****
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
    edited September 2012
    Options

Wow people are so ungrateful, i personally helped that guy, but now he can be sure i'll ignore him.

Oh and i was right before even know who your friend was, he's the kind of person that constantly ask for help all the time, every time i log all i see it's him ask ask ask ask ask stuff constantly in guild chat and people helped him so i don't know why he say he don't get help.

There's no problem that someone ask help, but there's a limit, your friend constantly ask for people to help him, every day, every hour, every minute, so yea people might get tired and ignore him cause at the end it's annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I would find a fun easy going guild that you can farm gear/coin w/ and have fun. Do a couple tw's per 6month reset for fun and a few extra coins for the guild if you can hold the land for a few weeks. Other then that, HL doesnt really have enough active players to make a serious tw faction that farms or does fun things. Serious tw factions are people w/ gear, people w/ gear get bored and go afk, people w/o gear have to help themselves. It's just how this game has gotten to be. gl w/ finding a guild
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Agorey - Harshlands
    Agorey - Harshlands Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

is cjr comming backs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDendra - Harshlands
    TheDendra - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Wow people are so ungrateful, i personally helped that guy, but now he can be sure i'll ignore him.

Oh and i was right before even know who your friend was, he's the kind of person that constantly ask for help all the time, every time i log all i see it's him ask ask ask ask ask stuff constantly in guild chat and people helped him so i don't know why he say he don't get help.

There's no problem that someone ask help, but there's a limit, your friend constantly ask for people to help him, every day, every hour, every minute, so yea people might get tired and ignore him cause at the end it's annoying.

Isn't that how it always goes, I can't count how many times somebody needed i.e. help in fc, so you go one or two runs for his char, few hours later the same day he asks for an fc, nobody replies, ta-da QQ begins omg nobody is helping in this faction. *** that, gotta hate those kinds of ppl, they have no place in a faction above lvl40 but the issue is that pwi has no factions structure, you don't really progress through guilds and learn how to behave and become a good member of a top tier guild, you just boom to lvl100 with the mentality of a lvl4 idiot and then wonder how come things aren't working out for you - yes, the guilds are sucky nowadays for the most part, but the problem is not in guilds alone but in developing your gaming character as well.
    edited September 2012
    Options
    the problem is not in guilds alone but in developing your gaming character as well.

Tell your gaming character to link tali next caster. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Vespi - Harshlands
    Vespi - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    is cjr comming backs?

I wish </3
    "Agorey has the butt of an angel" - Cytte
    I <3 Agorey
This discussion has been closed.