Spam Posts

2»

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What spam?

Still working on it, but at least it makes things a lot easier to read.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
    Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    bump to the top
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    bump to the top

Why bother? It'll just get bumped off the first few pages in a few seconds by the spammer.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If the forum were human and drowning in the Arctic ocean, the mods would be the coast guard ship attempting rescue, and the spam botters would be the cinder block life preservers being repeatedly tossed to said drowning forum human. Where is the fix for this from the PWI staff you ask? Sipping Mai Tais in the Caribbean.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • iexze
    iexze Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    @Fuzz and the other mods: your work is very much appreciated - the forums would likely be completely unuseable by now if it weren't for you guys.
    The complaints aren't about you, they are about PWE.
    I, too, think that you all should go on a strike. It would force PWE to actually DO somthing. Give you some real spam-fighting tools, for example. It would make things worse for now, but much better in the long run.

If the state equips the police force (unpaid volunteers, to be exact) with sticks and typewriters, are they really not at fault when armed crime organisations rob banks at their leisure ?
    [Hint hint: state=PWE, police force=mods, crime organisations=spammer bots]
    Going on strike would guarantee that the forums will be unusable, currently they are usable... just. So going on strike would make things 10x worse.
  • RydaMusPryme - Raging Tide
    RydaMusPryme - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    how hard is it to put a captcha to make each post?!?! seripusly PWI get off your butts PLZ (not against the mods)
  • iexze
    iexze Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Not hard at all, but take into consideration the thousands of people that would get angry at the captcha. Yet you have another problem. And captchas can be bypassed....
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If the forum were human and drowning in the Arctic ocean, the mods would be the coast guard ship attempting rescue, and the spam botters would be the cinder block life preservers being repeatedly tossed to said drowning forum human.

The panda got a laugh from that.... And goodness knows Fuzzy needed one. b:sad
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    The panda got a laugh from that.... And goodness knows Fuzzy needed one. b:sad

I say we find out the person behind this get some pitchforks and torches and deal with them 1600 Transylvania style for stressing out Fuzzy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Why is it always PWI's fault? It seems to be someone trying very hard to steal as much from the players (you) as possible. They don't want that any more than you do and it's doubtful that are sitting around hoping the hackers will just go away. If it rains when you leave for work do you blame that on PWI TOO?

Its not, hower its their fault it keeps comming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Seriphelia - Raging Tide
    Seriphelia - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There are other ways besides a CAPTCHA to prevent spambots. They're pretty damn easy, too, and then you don't have to worry about bots period.

So yes, the fault lies with whoever is in charge of the forums. I do feel bad for the volunteer mods that have to deal with all these spam threads...they're being posted way too often.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    iexze wrote: »
    Going on strike would guarantee that the forums will be unusable, currently they are usable... just. So going on strike would make things 10x worse.

And MAYBE it would force PWI to finally do something. Wich is the only possible fix
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • ShadowBind - Heavens Tear
    ShadowBind - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    lol, gms move my post regarding spam to lowest debths. Would be better to merge of the posts regarding spam.
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Looks so neat without the spam. b:bored
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    lol, gms move my post regarding spam to lowest debths. Would be better to merge of the posts regarding spam.

My post there probably helped cause that.
  • ShadowBind - Heavens Tear
    ShadowBind - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    And MAYBE it would force PWI to finally do something. Wich is the only possible fix
    truekossy wrote: »
    My post there probably helped cause that.

Funny thing when ever I check the forum new spam messages dont stop!