Spam Posts

Skulla - Dreamweaver
Skulla - Dreamweaver Posts: 163 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
Come on now it's been weeks of this stuff.

Let's get a handle on this people, change log-in to use captcha, IP ban the spam posters, allow spam flagging by users. All these ideas have been put forward and yet every day we come back and see page after page of this garbage.

DO SOMETHING!!!!
Expecting moderators to keep coming back and deleting these things is obviously not working.
There are automated methods to prevent this if you would just implement something!
Leaving this to just keep running rampant is annoying beyond belief and indicates that you're either:
A) apathetic about your game and could care less about the experience for your users
or
B) technically incapable of implementing the changes required to correct the situation

Either way it makes PWE look shabby.
Post edited by Skulla - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Spam posts? Hadn't noticed.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Additionally expecting 1 or 2 unpaid people to vigilantly sweep the forums every 30 minutes to sweep up the spam is unfair to them.

You are expecting them to work overtime and not giving them any incentive to do so. Its making a **** job even crappier. People will only work a **** job for so long, until they find a better job, or realize that they are doing work that would be a paid job, if someone wasnt willing to do it for free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    those bots.... *sigh* b:sad
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    OMG, today bots are going hardcore D:
    FOUR first full pages are filled with bots messages...

Pls, a mod to the rescue !
  • _Elax_ - Raging Tide
    _Elax_ - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Supermods! Save the Forum! b:cry
    edited September 2012
    Way...out...of...hand...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Give me a min.

Gotta make sure I don't kill any good threads. b:angry
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Fuzzy is doing what he can as quick and as often as pandaly possibly! b:sad
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Nuuuu Nu Cry Fuzzy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iexze
    iexze Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Everyone is tired of it, hopefully we will get some more mods AND some sort of anti spam
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This needs to be solved at the source already, how long could it take to find a solution?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • krisnda
    edited September 2012
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Mods need to be able to dual-wield bot banhammers.

Maybe even get an anti-bot rocket launcher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Bumping to fight spam >__>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Additionally expecting 1 or 2 unpaid people to vigilantly sweep the forums every 30 minutes to sweep up the spam is unfair to them.

You are expecting them to work overtime and not giving them any incentive to do so. Its making a **** job even crappier. People will only work a **** job for so long, until they find a better job, or realize that they are doing work that would be a paid job, if someone wasnt willing to do it for free.

I think the point of the OP was that there are automated ways to solve this problem that won't require unpaid people (slaves >.>) to sweep forums, and the fact that whoever should be creating a better solution to the problem, clearly isn't. Thus eliminating the crappy unpayed uh, not job... more like... volunteer work.

Alternately, since the job is unpaid, can they not um... "hire" more slaves?
    edited September 2012
    I still can't understand why the mods haven't gone in strike yet. I know I would
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • krisnda
    edited September 2012
    I still can't understand why the mods haven't gone in strike yet. I know I would

• fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012

If you think the problem is bad now, imagine how overwhelming it would be if Fuzzy and company were to take some sort of action along those lines.... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
    edited September 2012
    Honestly at this point I would support the mods going on strike or quitting. Yall aren't paid and this is way too much to expect a volunteer to deal with. That and Might get the company to do something if all it's volunteers quit and the only ones using the forums was bots and it's Players was submitting a ton of tickets about it every day
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crystyl - Dreamweaver
    Crystyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Why is it always PWI's fault? It seems to be someone trying very hard to steal as much from the players (you) as possible. They don't want that any more than you do and it's doubtful that are sitting around hoping the hackers will just go away. If it rains when you leave for work do you blame that on PWI TOO?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Actually the Mayans predicted the end of Twinkies!
  • iexze
    iexze Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Why is it always PWI's fault? It seems to be someone trying very hard to steal as much from the players (you) as possible. They don't want that any more than you do and it's doubtful that are sitting around hoping the hackers will just go away. If it rains when you leave for work do you blame that on PWI TOO?
    Welcome to society where someone has to be blamed for everything
    edited September 2012
    iexze wrote: »
    Welcome to society where someone has to be blamed for everything

All too common now in America where our current "leader" is the king of the blame game. While I hope PWI staff can find a fix soon, its not their fault. The fault lies with the boxorox monkeynuts that click the links in the spam threads.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    If you think the problem is bad now, imagine how overwhelming it would be if Fuzzy and company were to take some sort of action along those lines.... b:shocked

I realize it'd be bad, but maybe PWI will finally do something about it when the forums really become unusable.
    To me a strike seems the only way to get there attention. So far they haven't even said a single word about it (or atleast not officially. Burried in a thread on page 16 doesn't count)
  • Denaini - Sanctuary
    Denaini - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    @Fuzz and the other mods: your work is very much appreciated - the forums would likely be completely unuseable by now if it weren't for you guys.
    The complaints aren't about you, they are about PWE.
    I, too, think that you all should go on a strike. It would force PWE to actually DO somthing. Give you some real spam-fighting tools, for example. It would make things worse for now, but much better in the long run.

If the state equips the police force (unpaid volunteers, to be exact) with sticks and typewriters, are they really not at fault when armed crime organisations rob banks at their leisure ?
    [Hint hint: state=PWE, police force=mods, crime organisations=spammer bots]
  • stinks
    stinks Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Bump to stop the spam bots b:thanks
    edited September 2012
    Bumps really hard with a b:flower
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Anti-spam bump
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • TPstar - Sanctuary
    TPstar - Sanctuary Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    That's a lot of footballs. b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yea.
    Like someone said on the other PWE game forum that got spammed as well:

"The forum looks more like TV guide channel than a game forum"
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Welcome to Sports Spam International.