99 key quest a joke?

2»

Comments

• XLeeu - Heavens Tear
    XLeeu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think a lot of valid points in here :

99 key = 4 Raps and 10 canny ( assuming you dont pay 1 rap to squad )
    That is : ( 4 x 1,600 000 ) + ( 10 x 340 000 ) = 9,800 000

9.8Mil for a quick 15 min run is really good money.

Then again selling your keys : 99 x 150 000 = 14,850 000....
    Once again GOOD money BUT it takes a day or two getting everything sold.b:shocked

Thus - If you have time on your hands you can make about 5mil more - Question remains then, IS IT WORTH IT ? Personally i dont think so.

HOWEVER there is a alternative.

Lets assume you run with a full squad of 6 into a Nirvi. The average canny drop is 6 and the average rap drop is 2-4 ( lets work on 2 for argument sake)

Now a full squad nirvi should not take you longer than 15 minutes. Once again lets assume the worst and say APS is low etc etc - So a Nirvi should take you 30 minutes. If it is more than 30 min with a full squad.....look for another squad.

6 Canny + 2 raps is roughly 4.7 mil ( depending on market prices ) Now take that and split it between 6 players. Thats about 783 000 coins per run.

Ok so now do 99 runs in 4 days ( yes i know its a lot but look at the profit )

99 x 783 000 = 77 MIL !!!!

Thus my suggestion is - If you have time to sell the keys, rather get a squad and run the Nirvi.

- More profit
    - Get to know you toon better
    - Make more friends.

And remember - fewer people in squad means higher profit...

Just saying....b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tried to sleep last night when my A.D.D kicked in :
    1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, cow, donkey, pig, Old McDonald had a farm YEAH.... Macarena !
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I go on caster nirvanas on my bm fairly regularly with wizzy buff or using the Sun Orbs (the ones that add fire damage for 2 minutes, which means soon as it cools down you use another). A knowledgable bm is useful in casters because they can hf, glacial spike, and extreme if they have it on genie. Basically keeping some sort of amp on the bosses at all times. Could also use Myriad Sword Stance to help with the damage I suppose...I don't really use it in there. They can also stun the fate meddlers and soundbooms and kill them easily instead of the casters taking all the phys damage because they barely hurt bms. Also can kill/stun the mobs that spawn on last boss.

Exactly, i learnt how to time my hf with different classes, after what skills, sparks. Always learning new things in caster. I use mss on the 2nd last boss, when he glows red at base and does his aoe. MSS reduces the damage delivered by 50% i think. GS is the one that reduces def by 50% (people do more damage). I learnt how to quickly switch marrows in a fight to survive.

The ideal thing to do, do 99 key runs for others, and be in 2~6 person squad. You will have 1 rap for squad assured each run, 3-1 split.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think a lot of valid points in here :

99 key = 4 Raps and 10 canny ( assuming you dont pay 1 rap to squad )
    That is : ( 4 x 1,600 000 ) + ( 10 x 340 000 ) = 9,800 000

9.8Mil for a quick 15 min run is really good money.

Then again selling your keys : 99 x 150 000 = 14,850 000....
    Once again GOOD money BUT it takes a day or two getting everything sold.b:shocked

Thus - If you have time on your hands you can make about 5mil more - Question remains then, IS IT WORTH IT ? Personally i dont think so.

HOWEVER there is a alternative.

Lets assume you run with a full squad of 6 into a Nirvi. The average canny drop is 6 and the average rap drop is 2-4 ( lets work on 2 for argument sake)

Now a full squad nirvi should not take you longer than 15 minutes. Once again lets assume the worst and say APS is low etc etc - So a Nirvi should take you 30 minutes. If it is more than 30 min with a full squad.....look for another squad.

6 Canny + 2 raps is roughly 4.7 mil ( depending on market prices ) Now take that and split it between 6 players. Thats about 783 000 coins per run.

Ok so now do 99 runs in 4 days ( yes i know its a lot but look at the profit )

99 x 783 000 = 77 MIL !!!!

Thus my suggestion is - If you have time to sell the keys, rather get a squad and run the Nirvi.

- More profit
    - Get to know you toon better
    - Make more friends.

And remember - fewer people in squad means higher profit...

Just saying....b:victory

Don't know about your server, but most people on this server demand that the person doing their 99 keys to split 2 of their raptures in squad for compensation for helping complete their quest. It would be more like 2 1/3rd of a rapture over here, eh.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Saving up keys isn't a big deal since I don't run nirvana on regular drops.I tend to have 2 to 3 99 keys per toons x5 to be technical.Did seven run so far of 99 key quest and still have three more to go,even though I have 4 toons that can do 5aps I rarely do nirvana because I just hate the repeat **** so I mainly run tt on my sin and actually bank more than nirvana because to me tt gives more options on stuff to get and sell in my good shop.

If I do nirvana it's usually on my sin as well and maybe 4-5 runs before I get bored of it.

And for the people demanding a 2 rap split from the drop are plain greedy as hell and should be thankful they even get one.I give one rap if I'm doing a single run but if a squad is willing to stick around and run all my 99 key runs then I'll lay down 2 raps per run, we all leave happy and with our inventory a little fatter with coins.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • FayHumming - Dreamweaver
    FayHumming - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Don't know about your server, but most people on this server demand that the person doing their 99 keys to split 2 of their raptures in squad for compensation for helping complete their quest. It would be more like 2 1/3rd of a rapture over here, eh.

b:laugh you dont spilt 99k drop, anyone ask for it is greedy.
    the survival of the fittest

-Thx all suport sell me SoW for 5M b:thanks tome/ring
    !!!SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited September 2012

^
    Last person who tried that on DW got humiliated in WC if i remember right
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Perception is reality, it's what people are used to on this server so it becomes the "norm." People automatically offer to split 2 of theirs here because it's what they are used to, not going to say it's right or wrong as I personally use all my keys so I never use the 99 key quest, so it doesn't really pertain to me anyways.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Everytime I answer a wc starting Nirvy I link my tt99 weapon and get regected. Since I cant get into Nirvy to make the big dollars, I'm a long way off a better weapon. I have 700keys saved up and I think out of pity yesterday (Thanks again Heaven_Angel!!!) I was taken on my first Nirvy on my veno.

I must have NPC'd a 100 talismans (on three chars) for the 5 mirages each time or otherwise the talismans would have expired.

"...just plain silly..." - Wrong sorry. Much better use of talisman is to sell as an opener and to make 300k then to NPC it for 5 mirages I think.

I think you are doing something wrong then. My veno is +5 tt99 and have no problem getting in to nirvana; caster or regular. Granted that she has a g16 sin or sage r9 arch to tag along on runs when needed. Even solo, her sage amp is enough to get her in to 3 person squads... without any baggage
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • WenSon - Harshlands
    WenSon - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    RyuTiger wrote: »
    So this was my first quest of 99 key from Nirvana..I found a squad and i find out I need to have 99 keys to take the quest?? That is the most stupid thing i ever seen. If i have 99 keys in my inventory why do I need others 99? LOL That means i dont have to do Nirvana for months and make 99 keys to take other 99.....OMG!
    I only had 2 keys in my inventory and i tough I will take 99 keys if i finish the quest but....really??.

sigh... WHY ? WHY ? WHY ? why these people ? so many ... to many of them on this planet
  • Carniceiro - Lost City
    Carniceiro - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have 5 chars 100+ and 600+ keys each but is hard to find squad for 99keys.
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Perception is reality, it's what people are used to on this server so it becomes the "norm." People automatically offer to split 2 of theirs here because it's what they are used to, not going to say it's right or wrong as I personally use all my keys so I never use the 99 key quest, so it doesn't really pertain to me anyways.

that is true in a way.

i know on lost city the norm is that after the person doing the 99 key gets there 4 raps they leave so that others in the squad can split that persons share of the money amongst themselves. this formes a kind of "ill help u run the nv if u help me with this boss" type of system.

question is on ur server do they stay in the squad for the split after they give up 2 raps?
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    question is on ur server do they stay in the squad for the split after they give up 2 raps?

Yep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    that is true in a way.

i know on lost city the norm is that after the person doing the 99 key gets there 4 raps they leave so that others in the squad can split that persons share of the money amongst themselves. this formes a kind of "ill help u run the nv if u help me with this boss" type of system.

In effect it this ends up similar to Sanctuary's norm, though it does seem a bit strange. Sanct compensates the squad for helping by giving a share of the Raps, LC does so by giving up one's share of the standard run. Doesn't this make things messy when doing multiple runs?

On Sanct one can squeeze in any number of 99K runs from any number of players during a marathon series and not have to bother with splits till the end. The Keyer takes his Raps, rest go to the pool, things move on as normal.
  • Auralina - Sanctuary
    Auralina - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So this was my first quest of 99 key from Nirvana..I found a squad and i find out I need to have 99 keys to take the quest?? That is the most stupid thing i ever seen. If i have 99 keys in my inventory why do I need others 99? LOL That means i dont have to do Nirvana for months and make 99 keys to take other 99.....OMG! b:shocked
    I only had 2 keys in my inventory and i tough I will take 99 keys if i finish the quest but....really??

When I read the OP, it seemed to me that he thought you needed to do the quest to do vana regularly and was just confused about the process.... Maybe it's possible he didn't realize that the 99 key quest is not part of regular vana and it's a whole separate thing? I know my first time to vana I made the mistake of taking that "give me a whole bunch of millions to buy a key" quest because I thought it was some way to activate vana the first time or something. Regret QQ.

And just personally I do the 99 key quests because I don't vana much and I least I get them used up. Maybe one day I'll start to caster regularly, but for now I'm usually doing other things with friends, and I have pretty short play time so that's what I prefer to do.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    In effect it this ends up similar to Sanctuary's norm, though it does seem a bit strange. Sanct compensates the squad for helping by giving a share of the Raps, LC does so by giving up one's share of the standard run. Doesn't this make things messy when doing multiple runs?

On Sanct one can squeeze in any number of 99K runs from any number of players during a marathon series and not have to bother with splits till the end. The Keyer takes his Raps, rest go to the pool, things move on as normal.

On the 99 keys runs I've been on the person gets the 99 key drops but takes no split from the rest of the drops. In this way the squad is not entitled to their hours of work getting the 99 keys in the first place, just because they helped them for a couple of minutes. And the 99 key person isn't entitled to the squads drops just because they allowed them to tag along while they cleared to nirvana. Since the squad would have been doing that anyway. And honestly since the 99 keys person is making the run go slightly faster, it really does reduce the amount of time the squad is actually spent purely aiding that person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    On the 99 keys runs I've been on the person gets the 99 key drops but takes no split from the rest of the drops. In this way the squad is not entitled to their hours of work getting the 99 keys in the first place, just because they helped them for a couple of minutes. And the 99 key person isn't entitled to the squads drops just because they allowed them to tag along while they cleared to nirvana. Since the squad would have been doing that anyway. And honestly since the 99 keys person is making the run go slightly faster, it really does reduce the amount of time the squad is actually spent purely aiding that person.

I guess being from sanctuary, i would hate to be in squad situations like above. You are assuming the 99 key person is weak, that is not always the case. Often times i am tanking through everything and making the run 5~9 minutes long, and it is my 99 key run. If i take a back seat, there will be deaths and the run will be slower. I might be an exception. But nirvana only requires 3~4 good dd's, high weapon refines, the rest don't really matter. That is why if you have 4 sins, +10~12, g13/15/16/r9, the bms, or any other class can have 0 refine on weapon and the run will still be 5~10 minutes long. If you add +10 people instead of the weak 0 refined people, the gain is miniscule. More often then not, people will have chi issues, genie cool down, apoc items not available.

I seem to be seeing the above, if i do a 99 key run, i do not dd on any boss, except the 99 key boss, because that is what i came for? And i will only get drops from that boss, because i was a dd, and it's my run? To me, that goes against the spirit of fun. Everyone likes to get their fingers dirty on every boss, why would you keep them out of their share of the spoils?